Mischief Managed | 𝘚𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘶...

By TinaX2

{𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝟮} It all started with a kiss. Or better say, everything ended with a kiss. What Jenna Potter th... More

Mischief Managed
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Epilogue
Goodbye

Chapter 16

24.9K 1.6K 1.6K
By TinaX2

"All right, class," Professor Slughorn called out to them after they had all settled down and had taken their books and cauldrons out, "today we will be learning about the Boil-Cure Potion. Now who can tell me what use it is?"

"Um, curing boils?" James said and Sirius scoffed beside him as the rest of the class sniggered.

But Lily, who rolled her eyes at his untimed and lame humor, softly raised her hand.

"Yes, Miss...?" Slughorn gestured at her.

"Lily Evans, sir," she said. "It can be used against pustules, hives, boils and many other scrofulous conditions, such as those that are caused by the Pimple Jinx."

"Yes, quite right, Miss Evans. Take five points for Gryffindor," said Slughorn and Lily beamed proudly.

Alice smiled at Lily and gave her a nod, although the blonde girl beside Jenna seemed like she wasn't even paying attention, because she had placed her chin on her palm and was slowly drifting to sleep, seeing as it was still pretty early in the morning.

Jenna was rather amused by Lily Evans, and proud that she had won their House five point already, in their first class of the semester.

"Of course, care should be taken when brewing. Prepared incorrectly, this potion has been known to cause boils, rather than cure them," said Professor Slughorn. "Now, please open up your books to the first chapter. You'll find all the ingredients you need in the cupboards behind it. Off you go!"

The blonde girl suddenly shot awake at that. There was scrabbling noises all around the classroom and everyone got to their feet to go toward the cupboards to fetch all that they needed.

Severus Snape was first to grab his bowl of dried nettles. Although when he was just about turn on his heels and return back to his seat, James slightly raised his leg and Snape's feet got stuck to it, causing him to fall down on his face with a thud, breaking the bowl.

"Merlin's beard..." Professor Slughorn sighed and made his way over while the people around sniggered. He then took out his wand and non-verbally casted the spell to repair the bowl.

"C'mon, Sev." Lily, who had rushed forward when her friend had fallen down, raised a hand for Snape to grab, so she could help him up.

Snape looked around him confused, meanwhile Sirius and James had both grabbed what they needed and returned back to their seats, a sneer spread across their faces.

Soon, everyone had their cauldrons out and had started brewing the Boil-Cure Potion. Jenna was founding it easier than she had expected as she started with adding the horned slugs.

But then Jenna suddenly realized the blonde girl from her dormitory who was now sitting beside her, was trying to steal glances from her book. She was even copying everything that Jenna was doing.

Finding the situation perfect for a little prank, Jenna took out her quill and ink out of her bag, and started writing false notes on the side of the page. Just as Jenna had predicted, the blonde girl started brewing the rest of the Potion based on the notes which Jenna was writing in her book.

As an instance, Jenna new very well that they were supposed to crush the snake's fang to get the non-venomous liquid out of it. But Jenna wrote on the side of the page that it must be cut. And to her amusement, the blonde girl didn't even use her logic that a fang can't be cut. She just started doing it.

Ten minutes had passed, but the girl was still struggling to cut the fangs with her knife. Meanwhile, Jenna was struggling to hold back a snort of laughter.

Although her grin faded when Lily Evans suddenly turned to face the blonde girl with a confused frown on her forehead.

"Marlene, what are you doing?" Lily questioned from across the table.

"Trying to cut these stupid fangs!" Marlene huffed in frustration, slamming the knife on the table.

"You're supposed to crush them, not cut them," Lily said with a soft smile. "Where's your book?"

"I left it in the dorm," Marlene said grumpily.

"Then why didn't you just ask us to share ours with you?" Lily asked her kindly.

"Yeah, Marlene," Jenna started, trying her best to suppress her grin, "why didn't you just ask? I would've been more than delighted to help!"

Marlene turned to face Jenna sharply. She looked so angry that Jenna was sure she was going to tell her every single curse word that she knew.

But before Marlene could open her mouth and retort, Professor Slughorn stepped toward their table to check on their Potions. Although just then, his eyes fell upon Jenna's hair.

"Now what Potion did you use for your hair?" he asked her curiously, pointing at her head with amusement. "It is the most peculiar color!"

"Actually, sir, I'm a Metamorphmagus," Jenna answered. By those words, a look of pure excitement filled up Professor Slughorn's face.

"How fascinating!" he exclaimed, his eyes glimmering. "Your type is very rare, you know. I've only had the opportunity to come upon only one Metamorphmagus before, around twenty years ago. He was a nice young chap, and knew how to well use his powers. I found him a spot in the Ministry's Auror department. He was very talented. Very talented, indeed."

Jenna, who had no idea how she was supposed to respond, merely nodded at him, trying to act interested in the conversation.

"And what is your name?" Professor Slughorn asked her.

"Jenna Potter, sir."

Professor Slughorn's eyes widened even more in delight, if that was even possible. "Potter, eh? You don't happen to be related to Fleamont Potter, do you? Inventor of the Sleekeazy's Hair Potion?"

"He's actually my father."

"Oho!" Professor Slughorn exclaimed. "I taught both Euphemia and Fleamont Potter. They were in Gryffindor, exceptionally bright students, both of them. And now they're in the Magical Law Enforcement department at the Ministry, I presume?"

Jenna nodded. "Yes, they're Aurors."

"Well, send my best to them." Professor Slughorn beamed at her proudly. "They were both great students of mine back then. Let's see if you can give them a run for their money." And so chuckling, he moved on to check on others' Potions.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 79.3K 42
Featured in the official Wattpad @Fanfic Harry Potter Fanfiction reading list! -- When your mind is all you can trust, what happens when your memorie...
181K 4.3K 34
I take her head in my hands, and do what I've been wanting to do for as long as I can remember- I press my lips to her. It's better than I could have...
145K 2K 42
A Jily fanfiction! **COMPLETED** James, Lily, and all their friends have just entered their sixth year of Hogwarts. Lily deals with having feelings f...
637 40 4
To simply put it, Olivia Randaloff was sick and tired of the way James Potter treated her best friend, Lily Evans. After years of him refusing to lea...