An unavoidable fate | Azur La...

By Pongppx

It was only the beginning of your career in the Royal Navy, however it was unfortunately ending faster than a... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1 - New Realities Pt. 1/2
Chapter 2 - New Realities Pt. 2/2
Chapter 3 - The Few Pt. 1/4
Chapter 4 - The Few Pt. 2/4
Chapter 5 - The Few Pt. 3/4
Chapter 6 - The Few Pt. 4/4
Questions
Chapter 7 - The Music of Fortune Pt. 1/3
Chapter 8 - The Music of Fortune Pt. 2/3
Chapter 10 - Secrets Pt. 1/4
Chapter 11 - Secrets Pt. 2/4
Chapter 12 - Secrets Pt. 3/4
Chapter 13 - Secrets Pt. 4/4
Chapter 14 - Homeward from Gibraltar Pt. 1/4
Chapter 15 - Homeward from Gibraltar Pt. 2/4
Chapter 16 - Homeward from Gibraltar Pt. 3/4
Chapter 17 - Homeward from Gibraltar Pt. 4/4
Chapter 18 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 1/6
Chapter 19 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 2/6
Chapter 20 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 3/6
Chapter 21 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 4/6
Chapter 22 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 5/6
Chapter 23 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 6/6
Chapter 24 - A Matter of Yesterday Pt. 1/3
Chapter 25 - A Matter of Yesterday Pt. 2/3
Chapter 26 - A Matter of Yesterday Pt. 3/3
Chapter 27 - Land of the Midnight Sun Pt. 1/3
Chapter 28 - Land of the Midnight Sun Pt. 2/3
Chapter 29 - Land of the Midnight Sun Pt. 3/3

Chapter 9 - The Music of Fortune Pt. 3/3

1.8K 34 28
By Pongppx

Third P.O.V

     As Y/n opened his eyes, he found himself in a very weird place. Something very similar to heaven.

     He was standing in front of a throne with the Siren Empress right in front of him...he didn't realize this however.

Y/n: "Who are you and where am I?"

???: "Is that the appropriate way for a servant to ask his master like that?"

Y/n: "..."

     He started checking his surroundings, looking for a possible way to escape. He noticed that he still has his Enfield No.2 Mk.1 Revolver service pistol with him.

???: "You will eventually destroy everything that you hold dear. That's the only way you could entertain me as my servant."

Y/n: "Why should I even entertain you?"

???: "That's because it's the only way you can prevent me from destroying everything...by having you destroy them by yourself."

Y/n: "Then I would rather kill myself."

    Soon after finishing his sentence, he pulled out his revolver and shot himself in the head. The Siren Empress watched in amusement and brought him back to life through fate manipulation.

Y/n: "Guess that one didn't work."

    No matter how many times he tried, the Siren Empress would bring him back to life every single time.

???: "You're such a stubborn servant, Lieutenant Y/n L/n..."

Y/n: "You could bring me back to life and you said you can destroy everything. Just who are you really?"

???: "You'll find out once we meet again, on the battlefield once you've destroyed everything you hold dear, Lieutenant..."

???: "It's your destiny from the start, Lieutenant. You won't be able to escape your own destiny..."

Y/n: "If my destiny is like that, then I don't believe in destiny."

???: "Let's see once we meet again, Lieutenant...HAHAHA.."

     The Siren Empress then let out a smile just as a cliff appeared out of nowhere behind him. The Siren Empress then shot him with her cannons, causing him to fall down the cliff.

     He though to himself before closing his eyes: "Guess that's the end for me...an ending like this doesn't sound that bad."

Y/n P.O.V

15th of September 1940

     I woke up in the morning while still breathing heavily...what a weird dream. I was still confused about the whole meeting, however that girl must be the reason why I survived Glorious's sinking.

     I quickly got off my bed for a routine work out. However, with that girl words still echoing in my head. I just can't focus on anything...

    I slapped myself in the face once and thought to myself: "Come on Y/n, focus. That was just a dream." before taking a shower and dressing myself up. I arrived at RAF Duxford after a few minutes of walking.

Aaron: "Hey Y/n!"

Y/n: "Huh...?"

Aaron: "What happened, you seems to be a little unfocused."

Y/n: "I-it's nothing, I just slept a little late last night."

Aaron: "I see...Bader just told me to get you to brief the new Canadians joining our squadron."

Y/n: "Got it, I will be on it right away."

Aaron: "Are you sure you're okay, Y/n?"

Y/n: "I am fine now. No need to worry about me."

Aaron: "Then I will leave the rest to you. Don't push yourself too hard, Y/n, otherwise I might have to call George up."

Y/n: "Roger."

     Aaron then walked off, worried, I managed to concentrate again and walked to the squadron briefing room.

     I opened the door, to my surprise that all the six new Canadians recognized me. They stood up and immediately saluted me, all in excitement.

Canadian 1: "Lieutenant Y/n, we've heard of you sir! It's a real pleasure to meet you."

Canadian 2: "You're the talk of the town, sir! Everyone in the base was talking about the "Ankerteufel", an expert of deflection shooting."

Y/n: "Anchor Devil? Who's that?"

Canadian 4: "You, sir! The Germans gave you a nickname of the Anchor Devil, sir."

Y/n: "I see...however, let's get back to the point, shall we?"

The Canadians: "Aye, sir."

Y/n: "Good."

12:15

     Our Duxford Wing arrived directly over the formation of 25 Do 17s and approximately 100 Bf 109s, just as they were beginning their bombing run on London. They were also apparently already engaged by Spitfires and Hurricanes of Keith Park's 11 Group.

Bader: "All flights, break formation and engage."

Aaron: "Roger, Duxford Leader. Red Flight, engaging."

     As soon as the order was given. I broke from formation and dived down on one of the 109s, scoring a direct hit on its canopy. The 109 went into a spin with no sign of the pilot even controlling the aircraft anymore.

???: "Hm~"

Y/n: "What...?"

     The word echoed in my head. I was left unfocused for a few seconds just as I found myself head to head with another 109. I managed to break to the left just in time to evade it.

Aaron: "Red 2, are you alright?"

Y/n: "Yes, Red 1."

Aaron: "Be careful next time, Red 2."

Y/n: "Roger, Red 1."

     I maneuvered my aircraft behind the 109 that almost collided with me before firing a burst of 5-6 seconds into the 109, scoring hits on its wings and tail. The 109 pilot bailed out.

???: "Let's begin with that plane of yours then..."

     That sentence echoed into my head. Suddenly I felt as if I had a painful headache and lost my consciousness.

Dickie: "Red 2, break!"

     Then, a Dornier appeared out of nowhere in front of me and opened fire on my Hurricane, hitting the gravity tank and setting it ablaze. Then my Hurricane and the Dornier collided, with my Hurricane propeller completely tore apart by the collision. My Hurricane now slowly glide down to the ground from around 30,000 feet.

Aaron: "Come on, Y/n! Bail out."

     I managed to regain my consciousness at around 5,000 feet, I quickly detached my webbing from the strap and opened the canopy. Just as I was about to climb up out of the Hurricane cockpit, I noticed a 109 right in front of my Hurricane.

     I climbed back into the cockpit and opened fire on the 109 with a burst of 4-5 seconds, I managed to shoot it down as I was right on its tail before bailing out of the Hurricane. By then, I was injured by some minor burn wounds.

     I struggled to find the ripcord of the parachute at first, however I managed to find it and deployed the parachute at around a thousand feet. It took around 2-3 minutes for me to descend down below. I noticed another RAF pilot also descending from his parachute.

    Eventually, we landed into the same back garden. Calmly, I removed the parachute harness and wiped the dust off my uniform. I walked over to the RAF pilot and shook hand with him.

Y/n: "The name's Lieutenant Y/n L/n. How did you end up like this, Sergeant?"

The RAF pilot: "Sergeant Ray Holmes, sir. And about that, I had just rammed a Dornier that was trying to bomb the Buckingham Palace. I have witnessed your Hurricane shooting down that 109 after your propeller was blown off, sir. That was a quite good."

Y/n: "Glad to hear."

Ray: "We're both heroic then sir, cheers."

Y/n: "Cheers."

     I noticed two girls waving at us from the next garden, Ray excused himself and went over the fence. All of them kissed each other.

     Meanwhile, I walked out to the streets and almost immediately I was surrounded by an ecstatic crowd that gathered around me. The women in the crowd tried to kiss me as I was being carried over their heads over the bridge, I managed to evade them for the time being...

Third P.O.V

     Y/n opened his eyes, only to find himself in the same place he once met the Siren Empress. She was looking at him in excitement.

Y/n: "It's you again. Let me guess, you were the one that caused me the collision between my Hurricane and the Dornier."

???: *Giggles* "Yes, Lieutenant~"

Y/n: "So why did you call me again this time? Didn't you say we will meet again on the battlefield?"

???: "Nothing, Lieutenant. I just wanted to see your curious face~"

Y/n: "Someone like you wouldn't want to waste time on someone like me especially with that change of tone."

???: "As expected of my favorite servant~, I am just going to tell you something this time."

Y/n: "What's it this time?"

???: "4-6-42 at 28°12′N 177°21′W. That's all I can tell you even though you're my favorite servant, hehehe~"

Y/n: "Last question before you push me off that cliff again."

???: "What's it, Lieutenant~"

Y/n: "I was supposed to be dead during Glorious's sinking, however I am still alive, was that because of you?"

???: "Hm...all the fun will be gone if I tell you about that, Lieutenant. Let's say you'll find out eventually~"

     He was then pushed off the cliff again. This time however, he was pushed rather softly by the Siren Empress compared to the last time...

Y/n P.O.V

24th of December 1940

     I woke up, this time I was able to put things together. That girl was able to communicate to me at any time she wants, her words will just echoes in my head. While I will be able to meet her face-to-face only before I wake up.

     I started thinking about the numbers "4-6-42". If it's a date, then it's roughly the 4th of June 1942. 28°12′N 177°21′W, that must be somewhere in the North Pacific.

     I got off the bed and walked right in front of a mirror. I started looking at the spots where I had suffered burn wounds during my collision with the Dornier four months earlier but by now, all the scars were gone.

     I quickly got dressed up and walked to RAF Duxford as usual. Just as I arrived at Duxford, everything was unusually quite around the base as if they all went somewhere else.

     That was until I walked to the runway. I noticed that they were lined up in parade formation as if they were waiting for a ceremony. A RAFP (Royal Air Force Police, I will be referring them as MP.) sergeant walked up to me and saluted.

The MP: "Lieutenant Y/n L/n, please come with me sir."

Y/n: "Got it."

     He then led me behind the formations and led me to the front from the right of the formation, he saluted again then rushed back into the formation. I thought to myself: "What did I do...?"

     I stood at ease and looked at the stage. Bader walked onto the stage and in front of the microphone on stage.

Bader: "We're all been gathered here, because of a heroic achievement by one of our pilots. Lieutenant Y/n L/n, DSC & Bar."

Bader: "For his exceptional gallantry and disregard for the safety of his own life in the presence of the enemy. He has been awarded the Victoria Cross, as published in the London Gazette of 23 December 1940. Allow me to read his citation out loud."

Three minutes later...

    There were cheers and applause once the speech ended. I was still left dumbfounded as I thought to myself: "I didn't even engage the Dornier...it was all that girl doings."

     Bader walked off the stage and presented me with my Victoria Cross. I accepted it even though I was still modest about it. I decided I wouldn't wear it until I get back to Scapa Flow.

Bader: "Congrats, you'll also be leaving my squadron today right?"

Y/n: "Aye, sir."

Bader: "I see, then don't collide with someone again on the way back lad!"

Y/n: "Yes, sir..."

     I turned back and looked as the men walked past in parade formations. I walked to the flight room to take a rest before returning to Scapa Flow on the evening.

Aaron: "Congrats on that Victoria Cross, Y/n! I am so proud of you."

Y/n: "Thanks. By the way, Dickie, where are you going after this?"

Dickie: "880 NAS, how about you sir?"

Y/n: "For me it's 802 NAS. Where did Gardner go?"

Dickie: "Oh, he was sent to No. 252 Squadron, Coastal Command since the 8th, sir."

Y/n: "Ah...so the Royal Navy didn't call him back yet?"

Dickie: "Aye, sir."

Aaron: "How sad...you're all leaving me now."

Y/n: "Come on, Aaron. We will keep in touch with you."

Aaron: "Then Y/n, do me a favor. Go brief the new pilots for me."

Y/n: "Fine..."

Aaron: "That's what I would like to hear, hahaha."

Third P.O.V

Meanwhile in Shell-Haus, Berlin, Germany.

     The Fregattenkapitän walked into the Oberkommando der Marine (OKM) Headquarters at Shell-Haus for an important meeting. He was met by the head of the Kriegsmarine Großadmiral Erich Raeder, the Flottenchef Admiral Günther Lütjens, the head of the Abwehr Admiral Wilhelm Canaris and the head of the Ubootwaffe, Admiral Karl Dönitz.

Canaris: [G] "Who's this Fregattenkapitän, Herr Großadmiral? How is he even allowed in this meeting?"

Raeder: [G] "Calm down, Canaris. He's Fregattenkapitän Friedrich Aach, the chief of our Ironblood project."

Friedrich: [G] "Nice to meet you, Herr Admiral."

Raeder: [G] "Gentlemen, let's get right to the point. The reason I have called all of you here today is about the new commander of the humanoids in the Royal Navy. Canaris, would you like to start?"

Canaris: [G] "We have got some new information on this guy. Lieutenant Y/n L/n, graduated top of his class from what the British call "Dartmouth". Served in Egypt for a year then went aboard HMS Glorious for a year. He was discovered five days after we sank the aircraft carrier, somehow surviving its sinking."

Canaris: [G] "His records after that were mostly deleted, however he was awarded what the British call the "Distinguished Service Cross", twice."

     Friedrich looked somewhat happy to hear the name "Y/n" as if he was looking for him for a long time and excused himself from the meeting for a few minutes.

     He went into a bathroom and locked the door. He took off his disguise as a man, revealing his long blonde hair. She wasn't Friedrich Aach, but she's Eleonore Reichwein. A beautiful woman in charge of the Ironblood project, using the name "Friedrich Aach" to hide her real identity.

     What is the story behind these two Commanders relations and what happened during Y/n time in Germany? Well, you'll eventually find out...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well well. The Sirens appeared and the Kriegsmarine is now interested about you...what could be more interesting right? Could something happen in 1941? You'll have to find out. (just go search up 28°12′N 177°21′W for the grid and you will immediately know what the siren empress was referring too lol)

If you have any suggestions or ideas on how to improve the story, then don't be afraid to write it down in the comment section down below, I will be sure to read it!

See you in the next chapters!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.6K 738 18
"I felt my heart beat a little faster than before. Is it because of my work? No, it wasn't. It's something new." Erljohn Lebosada is a gifted child o...
4.8K 81 11
A joint company of soldiers from some countries alongside with two other British Royal Combat pilots. But on the way for mission, a storm appeared an...
8.6K 169 23
An old abandonned fanfic on Azur lane. One of my first works. Republished but not updated to my standards.
35.4K 437 27
Well it's done. All Sirens are confirmed destroyed, the Crimson Axis has surrendered and have joined forces with the rest of Azur lane and peace was...