Phoenix

By snuttlebug

Slight!Laxus x OC Eventual! Sting x OC A girl with memory loss has been traveling with Laxus Dreyar for two y... More

Author's Note
Soup & Gardens
Meeting Team Natsu
Fairy Tail Finds Out
Books and Nightmares
A Fairy Tail Encounter
Sleepover!
Thunder
Finding George's George
Natsu Returns
Snake Fang
Gildarts Enters
Sick
Cuddle
Hugging Time
Crying
Deal
Memories
Hunt
A Fairy Tail Wizard
Fantasia
GMG
Found You!
A What?
Frustrations
Dragon Book
Laxus vs Ivan
Asking
Here We Go
Date
Date (Part 2)
Date (Part 3)
Post Date
Return
Remember
GMG Final Battle
Dragons!
Ball
Magic Circle Formed
Memories Begin
Cain?
The Blue Demon
Prelude
Let's Hunt Some Demons
Scary Meeting
Kira and Ayame
Camp
Thanks, Kira
Hey, Did You Change?
Well...
The Present
Emi's Birthday
Job With Kira
Job With Sting
The Hood
Eviction
Contact
He Tried, He Really Tried
Mira's Delight
How Dare You Set Us Up
Your Turn
Date
Cloaked Demon
The Holy Dragon
Magnolia
Wind Spell
Scolding
Flower Garden Days
Black Dragon
Questioning
I Don't Know What To Call This
The Sunsmiths
Emi Reveals Her Past
Vulcan
Emi's Scars (Vacation!)
Let's Go To The Beach (Vacation!)
Last Day
Fight! Sting vs Kira
Gluttony
Aftermath
S-Class
Crystal
Mating Season Begins
A Surprise Awaits
A/N: Thank you!
So Are We?
No Magic
2K?
Explanation
Moving
Picnics and Scars
Everlue
Meet the Construction Wizards!
The New Job
Hisui
Hisui's Wish
Fight: Emi vs Master Rue!
Scaredy Cats
Scout
Gas Summon: Truth
Wyvern
Announcement
Another S-Class
Prelude to Destruction
Destruction
memoria exisse
New Book Out Now!
The Lightning Man
The Start of a Journey
And So It Continues
Lizard Tongue
The Problem
Mission: Acquired
Mission: Failed
Emi's "First" Job
Sleepover: Emi Style
Emi's Trip
Fall
Scarred
Domestic Life
Babysitting!
Snowman Origins
This is a bit of a problem
Sting
Flynn and Ryder
Big Oops
Spy
Premonition
Compromise
Return: Emi vs Dragon Slayers!
Training
Storm
Black Dragon
Unison
Picnic Bonding
A Day With Fire
Flower Gardens
Demonic Force Manipulation
Efreet
Prelude (The Encore)
Start
Wrath
Smite
Rage of Failures
Summoning
Guardian
Decrescendo
Departure
Sabertooth
Three Years
The End

Testing Magic

186 7 0
By snuttlebug

Emi gasped before running into the living room and shaking Laxus. He stirred from his seat on the couch and asked her what she wanted.

"Look, it's snowing. We can play in the snow!"

Laxus looked out the window and saw that it was a light flurry.

"There won't be enough snow to do anything. It's just dusting."

Emi looked down defeated before pushing Laxus out of the way to look out the window more closely.

"Hey!"

Emi squished her face against the window as she studied the snow.

"You're acting like this is the first time you've seen snow."

Emi smiled sheepishly and stepped away from the window. She rushed into the kitchen and put on the kettle.

"Do you want hot chocolate?"

"If you put hot sauce in it I'll kill you."

He could hear the cabinet closing slowly. Emi quickly came in with two mugs and handed one to him before going back over to the window.

"You staring isn't gonna make it snow harder."

"That's what they want you to think."

Laxus rolled his eyes and leaned back in his seat as he sipped his drink.

"We should go into town."

"Why would you wanna do that when it's cold out? It's not snowing any harder in town than it is here."

Emi pouted before setting her mug down and quickly climbing the stairs before returning with a book.

"This one is on snow magic. I heard that that guy that used to be on the Magic Council can use it."

"Is that so? Interesting."

"Do you think I'll be able to get it to work?"

"You can certainly try."

Emi whipped open the door and went to run out to the clearing when Laxus yelled at her to grab her cloak.

"You're gonna catch a cold, and I'm not dealing with you when you're sick again."

"Yeah, yeah. Sure thing, mister Dreyar."

Laxus had a small blush on his face as he said, "Don't call me that."

Emi giggled before disappearing outside. She looked at her book and stood in the correct stance.

"Blizzard!"

Emi groaned when nothing changed. She stood in the middle of the clearing waiting for something to happen, but nothing ever did besides the light snow dusting her hair.

"So your powers were sealed away, too?" Lucy asked.

"That's awful!" Natsu shouted. "But why can you use it now?"

"It was an effect of the spell that was cast," Levy explained. "Her memories were sealed, and so were the memories of having magic abilities, so her body rejected any attempt to cast spells."

"Any luck?"

"...No. I'll get it though! One day I'll be able to make a spell."

Laxus hummed and guided her inside again.

————————————

"A missing cat?"

Laxus grunted and continued weaving through the crowds near the harbor. Emi continued to ask questions.

"What kind of cat? Does it have stripes? Or maybe spots? Is it an indoor cat? Is that why it's so important to find it? Is the cat declawed? Where was—"

Laxus cut her off, "Black spotted, indoor declawed cat. Last seen in the market."

"That's horrible! We better hurry."

They continued to scan the area when Emi spotted a small tail peeking from an alleyway. She tugged Laxus's cloak and pointed to the alleyway before creeping over. Her cloak covered her from sight, so she was able to quickly grab and hold the cat as it squirmed in her arms.

"Got it!"

They both met with the cat's owner and handed the cat over to them.

"Say," the woman started, "you're the two cloaked people who help everyone around here, right? I've heard rumors about you from the townspeople."

Emi took off her hood and smiled at the woman, giving her a thumbs up. Laxus pulled Emi by the back of her cloak and forced her back into the forest.

"Why don't you ever let us stay around after we finish? They might think it's rude."

"Who gives a crap? We helped them and now we move on."

Emi shook her head and allowed Laxus to drag her away. Once they got to the forest, Emi's feet dug into the ground.

"What the hell are you doing? It's getting dark out."

"Can you carry me?"

"No."

"Come on, I'm tired and I think I'm getting a cold."

Emi "sneezed" and started to cough.

"Shut up. I know you're faking. You have got to be the least believable person when it comes to that."

"But you'll carry me anyway, right?"

"Hurry up before I change my mind."

——————————

"Do you think I'll be able to make a magic circle?"

Laxus looked up from the pot he was cooking with and shrugged, saying she could try. Emi grabbed a pen and started writing on the kitchen tile.

"Not in here, brat! You're messing up the floor."

Emi huffed and grabbed her cloak to go outside to the clearing. She looked at the book and copied the runes on the circle. She looked at the script proudly before tossing a rock in the center. She closed her eyes as she braced for the loud boom, but nothing came.

"Oh come on!" Emi yelled frustrated. "I can't even set a rock on fire. This sucks!"

She stomped back into the house and sat down at the kitchen table with her arms crossed.

"Nothing?"

"Not even a spark!"

Laxus placed a plate of chicken in front of her before sitting down in his usual seat.

"Maybe magic just isn't for you—"

"That's stupid. Everyone should be able to use magic."

Laxus pointed to her food and urged her to eat. Emi mumbled something before looking up to Laxus and sighing.

"Can we go to the gardens?"

He chuckled and agreed to go once they finished.

——————————

"Look at those ones!"

The dragon slayer rolled his eyes as Emi jumped to each patch. He couldn't help but be amused by her disposition.

He observed, "I'm surprised this place is still open with the snow."

"Well it's not too cold yet, so the flowers that are able to sustain colder weather are still here."

She pulled him over to a patch of daisies and picked one up.

"Uh, I don't think you should be doing that."

"They allow people to take one if it's a crowded patch. Besides, these will be dying soon."

She smiled and leaned on her toes to reach Laxus's head and put the flower on him.

"Get it off me."

"No," Emi laughed, "it looks good there. And it even matches your hair."

"It's a white flower. I have yellow hair."

Emi smiled brightly and ignored him, pulling him to the center of the gardens.

Everyone noticed that it was a similar scene to one of Emi's memories with Sting. They all looked over at him and saw that his lips were pressed together and he was glaring at the scene.

"Where are we going now?

"To the fountain! Don't you want to make a wish?"

Laxus rolled his eyes and handed her a couple coins that were left over from the job they took. He sat on the fountain and watched as she tossed the coins in.

"What did you wish—"

"I can't tell you. It won't come true."

"Are you ready to go now?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 472 23
When you think of Fairy Tail, a certain set of names comes to mind right away. Laxus Dreyar, Erza Scarlet, Mystogan, and Shadow. The later two are kn...
357K 12.1K 106
៚ Β· 🫧 | π‘πŽπ’π„Μ πƒπ”πŽπ‹πŽπ†π˜ βͺ빛❫ ΒΉ β€· ❛ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘€π‘Žπ‘  π‘›π‘œ 𝑒𝑛𝑑 π‘‘π‘œ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘€π‘Žπ‘Ÿ π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘”π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘€π‘–π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘› ...
140K 3.6K 42
Complete 18 year old (Y/N) Dreyar is the Shadow God Slayer of Fairy Tail. However, she holds one of the most mysterious pasts in all of Fiore that s...
39.6K 1.1K 22
{Completed} Laxus and you are finally on the right track with your relationship! Life with him and your daughter Aiko couldn't be better. But, threat...