A Woman Scorned

By corlenessssssss

They said marriage was for better and for worse but what can she do when her husband dumps her for a mistress... More

prologue
Chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
Author's note
Author's note

CHAPTER 49

1K 88 0
By corlenessssssss

Mira's POV

It's been a while since her kiss with Bontle. She had ran away like a coward, refusing to deal with her emotions. She knew that she was attracted to Bontle and truth was she had never been attracted to anyone. She knew Bontle's reputation, she was a player and she was never in a committed relationship. Mira didn't know if she wanted a relationship with Bontle or what. She had tried to reach out to Bontle in more than one occasion but she always got cold feet. Bontle never called her because she didn't have her number and there was no way she would come to her father's house.

She was currently in her room, playing music through her earphones when her sister invaded her peace. She knew that when girls found themselves attracted to someone they usually listened to love songs but the though of listening to the nauseating music about love and hearts made her want to stab her eyes out. So she was listening to deep house by black coffee. The earphones were snatched from her ears forcefully, causing them to bit on her ear lobes. She cried out at the slight pain.

"What the hell K?" Yelping, she threw a pillow at her sister.

"You have been cooped up in your room for a week now. Mom and dad are worried about you and I'm also worried. What is going on Mira?" Kira asked as she dropped on her bed with a heap.

Mira looked at her sister, visualising how Kira would respond if she told her what was going on. She simply shrug her shoulders, making it look like nothing was going on but Kira wasn't having none of that. Kira watched her with a scrutinizing gaze.

"You gonna tell me what is going on right now or I'm gonna have dad drag your ass to therapy. You have been moody and gloomy for a while now. I'm beginning to think maybe you are depressed." Kira demanded.

Mira understood why her sister was threatening her with therapy. When they were young, her parents had been concerned about her lack of emotional display. Her parents never knew when she was sad or angry or happy. To them she always wore an expressionless bored expression. Her parents believed that talking to someone could help her get in touch with her emotions.

She was dragged to therapy where a therapist tried to have her talk about her feelings.  Mira have hated it, she hated having someone try to psychoanalyse her. She hated the questions she was asked. After that one session she had threatened to run away if they ever took her back and  since then she had been scared of therapy.

"Okay fine I will tell you." Mira gave her sister a hesitant look before she confessed her secret.

"Well a few days back I kissed a girl and it was not just any other girl, it was Bontle. I am gay."

Mira saw her sister open her mouth to talk and close it before she opened it again. No sound left Kira's mouth, once in their life Kira was speechless. Mira waited anxiously for her sister to say something but Kira looked like she had zoomed out.

"Kira....." Mira shouted, snapping her sister out of the trance she was in.

"Oh okay. Ummm........okay. So you kissed a girl. I mean you kissed Bontle.." Kira rambled, trying to make sense of what she heard.

"I just said that Kira. I want you to say something. Tell me how you feel about what I said."

"You, my emotionally dysfunction  sister have shocked me. I mean I always thought it was weird that you never dated. I thought maybe you were saving yourself or something. And then again I thought maybe it had something to do with how you are never emotionally connected to anyone but now I understand why that was. Mira you should be the one telling me how you feel about your revelation not the other way around. I am your twin sister and I will always support you in everything that you do. Now tell me how you feel. Are you anxious, happy or are you sad?" Kira said offering her sister a supportive smile.

Kira was the only person who understood her. She always helped her connect with her emotions, stay in touch with her feelings. Mira remembered a time Kira told her that she had a high Intelligence quotient and a low emotional quotient and it was vice versa with Kira.

"Well I feel like a heavy load has been lifted off my shoulders. I have known for a while that I was a lesbian. I just didn't want to accept it and I thought maybe I wasn't reading my emotions well. Then Bontle kissed me, she made  me feel something I have never felt before. She made my heart pound wildly against my chest and she made my hands sweaty. You know how I hate sweating. Anyway, for the first time in my life I found myself enjoy a kiss. The I panicked and I ran." Mira explained. She saw her sister staring at her with a soft smile on her face.

"Do you like her?" Kira asked softly. This was a big moment for them, finally her sister confessed to liking someone.

"I think I do. I mean she is smart, she is beautiful, hardworking and she is true to herself. Somehow when I am with her I become myself. But she is different from me."

"Sister, don't you know a saying that says opposite attract? If you really like Bontle you should talk to her. Sit down and think hard about how you feel before you take any actions."

Mira was relieved to have talked to her sister. She hated hiding things from Kira. She loved talking to Kira because she always helped her evaluate her emotions. Kira was the only person she trusted in the whole world. Even though Kira was not keen on her and Bontle she was giving her the choice to make her decisions.

During lunch she came out to her parents but she was surprised to learn that her parents have always suspected that she was lesbian. They didn't have a problem with her sexuality and they encouraged her to be open about it.

Bontle's POV

It was a saturday and both Mimi and Bontle didn't have to go to work. They were currently lazing around in the living room, making plans for the holidays. They have both planned to visit their families. Mimi was not sure about going home for Christmas, she wasn't in her sister's good books after her last visit. Bontle encouraged her to go home and try to fix things with her sister. What better time to forgive and forget than Christmas? 

Bontle on the other hand was very excited to see her mother and younger brother. It has been a while since she went back home. She had already bought Christmas gifts for them. She also bought some extra gifts for her cousins.

She and Mimi were joking talking about this and that when they heard a  knock. Mimi went to attend to the door and She called out to Bontle with disbelief, she saw Mira at their doorstep. Mimi gave Bontle a questioning look but she ignored it. Bontle have not told Mimi about the kiss she shared with Mira.

"Hi, can we talk for a bit?" Mira asked weirdly breaking the silence. Bontle had never seen Mira looking so nervous.

"Oh yeah sure. We can go to my room or the benches outside."

Mira opted for the benches. She sat a good distance away from Bontle. Bontle stared at her, waiting for her to say something.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry for running out on you that day." Mira mumbled, her fingers nervously tapping on her thighs.

"It's okay. I'm the one who is sorry for kissing you in the first place."

"No it's not okay. I should have talked to you like an adult. Truth is I don't deal with emotions very well. I know you all think I'm some kind of creep. I don't connect well with people, I try and I end up doing something weird and they creep out. I don't know how to deal with emotions, it's takes a lot of effort to understand how I feel sometimes. I don't......"

"Okay I get it." Bontle interrupted. She was feeling anxious about whatever Mira wanted to say.

"What I'm trying to say is I like you. I just don't know how to show it." Mira said, gazing deeply into Bontle's eyes.

"Oh wow. Well that is totally out of the blue and unexpected. Mira I have liked you for a long time now. I like how creepy you are, I like how freaking people makes you happy, I like how passionate you get when you talk about your paper. I like your cute face." Bontle confessed.

"Why didn't you tell me then?"

"Because I didn't know how you will respond. I wanted you to like me and when I kissed you I felt something between us. When you ran away I thought maybe I scared you off."

"I didn't know what to do or say after the kiss. I needed time to think."

Bontle spent the day with Mira. They have agreed to give dating a try, Mira wanted them to take things slow because this was going to be her first relationship. When she left, Bontle gave her a sweet, soft and gentle kiss. She later on explained to Mimi was happened. Mimi was surprised, she confessed to never imagining them together. But nevertheless she saw happy for them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42K 1.7K 73
A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers DISCLAIMER : This story is completely fictional. Any resemblance to actual living persons or even...
43.4K 3.6K 101
The book two of Twist Of Fate. New relations Old Ones Collide New Enemies Old ones die Fate intervenes Stars align. Enjoy!
88.9K 4K 45
In Hurt Me To Love, Camille experienced heartbreak, abuse and betrayal. No matter what happened she couldn't catch a break. Camille and her husband...
18.7K 1.6K 10
After commiting a big yet wonderful mistake, All she had in mind was leave, run, hide. She tried so hard to cover up her biggest secret. But what...