๐“๐จ๐ฐ๐š๐ซ๐๐ฌ ๐“๐จ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ซ๐จ...

By lady_inkflower

โI'm sorry I wasn't your yesterday.โž Elsa's life was deprived of happiness. Not until she found two stranger... More

1 - Applications.
2 - Questions.
3 - Undesirables.
4 - Discussions.
5 - Fantasies.
6 - Distances.
7 - Meanings.
8 - Definitions.
9 - Triggers.
10 - Countermeasures.
11 - Bullets.
12 - Strategies.
13 - Damages.
14 - Aftershocks.
15 - Reunions.
16 - Ceased Worries.
17 - Gatherings.
18 - Siblings.
19 - Trips.
20 - Panoramas.
21 - Little Things.
22 - Ultimatums (EP. 01)
23 - Ultimatums (EP. 02)
24 - Granted Dreams.
26 - Sugarcoatings.
27 - Hills.
28 - Confessions.
29 - High Stakes.
30 - Tests.
31 - Clouds.
32 - Tours.
33 - Doors.
34 - Nightmares.
35 - Promises.
36 - Runways (EP. 01)
37 - Runways (EP. 02)
38 - Runways (EP. 03)
39 - Runways (EP. 04)
40 - Runways (EP. 05)
41 - Surprises.
42 - Expressions.
43 - Conversations.
44 - Interviews.
45 - Midnight Roads.
46 - Midnight Memories.
47 - Celebrations (EP. 01)
48 - Celebrations (EP. 02)
49 - Celebrations (EP. 03)
50 - Revelations (EP. 01)
51 - Revelations (EP. 02)
52 - Dispersals.
53 - Stalemates (EP. 01)
54 - Stalemates (EP. 02)
55 - Remnants.
56 - Eclipses (EP. 01)
57 - Eclipses (EP. 02)
58 - Apologies.
59 - Displays.
60 - Flights.
61 - Judgements (EP. 01)
62 - Judgements (EP. 02)
63 - Abodes.
64 - Significance.

25 - Wishes.

250 13 2
By lady_inkflower

The scent of the smoky cabs passing by in their 70’s and the roasted whiff coming from the Nuts 4 Nuts cart clouded Aiden’s nostrils, sending him the sign that they were no longer in the upscale side of the city where their building was situated. His hand clutched his satchel, as well as her hand, as their relatively intimate atmosphere managed to drown out the rowdy clamor of the bustling crowds and the man vehemently announcing the latest print of the Times.

This is the city of New York, no doubt.

After seeing the red glow turn green, they finally crossed the lane, minds forgetting the prior blurs of ink and crisp papers to erase their exhaustion. The cool July air brushed against their locks, ruffling Aiden’s in the process, eliciting a chuckle from Elsa when one of the black strands blocked his eyes.

Unfortunately for the couple, they have indeed missed their secret get-together during lunch, due to a certain creative director asking fifteen drafts from Aiden, and Elsa had to sit through six different meetings. The couple was just glad to seal the day with valuable efforts.

To Elsa’s relief, Aiden agreed to her request to split the bill, before they picked a seat and ate Ramen to their hearts’ content. Soon enough, empty bowls were gently cast aside, so they can finally enjoy each other’s company. “Sorry, just setting tomorrow’s alarm since I haven’t jogged for a week now,” Aiden sheepishly responded, slipping his phone inside the leather sling bag, “So, how was your day?”

Elsa’s smile faltered, completely, which sent waves of concern wafting in Aiden’s chest. His brows quirked and furrowed, his eyes softly urging her to go ahead and spill her situation or her current problem. Just seeing those patient green emeralds, Elsa’s uneasy frame relaxed.

“Have you ever felt like, everyone’s afraid to talk to you?”

Aiden frowned, and sadly he shook his head. “Not exactly, no, I’m afraid. I have the opposite situation.”

Aiden immediately regretted his words, predicting it must have caused the tension with her to grow. He didn’t want everything to be all about him and his noticeable flaws, but Elsa seemed to sense his discomfort. Reaching out a hand, she placed hers on top of his, her fingertips feeling the warmth of his knuckles.

“... I’m the one afraid to talk to someone closely. But... I do know that I can trust and tell you anything, right?”

“Yes, of course,” Elsa’s smile reappeared in her features. Mentally Aiden grinned in victory for returning her happy expression, but his intentions were genuine and not just to flatter her.

“Well then, you can trust me with anything too, you know. What’s wrong?”

“N-nothing, it’s just—today was also observation day, and I was of course doing my duty to survey over how the other teams are doing,” Elsa bit her lip. “Okay, go on.”

“I just wanted to ask how they were doing and they looked... Frightened, afraid, of me. I may be CEO and Chairwoman, but I’m a human too. I hate it when people force me to sit on a pedestal, and then they’ll be afraid I’ll be some kind of angry goddess when a minor screw-up happens.”

Aiden got the picture now, a grin plastered on his face. Leaning forward, he stared at her in anticipation, cupping her smooth cheeks in his hands until he tugged at the corner of her lips not too forcibly.

Soft lashes blinked upon the sudden contact of his thumbs on each corner of her face, yet the sensation made her stomach flutter. The pads of his thumbs were warm.

“You smile around me a lot,” Aiden spoke, “So I’m not saying you never do. But I think you need to smile around your employees more often. Come on, who wouldn’t warm up to that pretty smile of yours?”

Laughing, Elsa slowly took his hands from her face and held them calmly in hers.

“Yeah.”

“Aside from the observation, was it a nice day?” He softly questioned.

“Just the same as always,” Elsa sighed, albeit smiling since she knew the man in front of her was listening, “I was supposed to have a seventh meeting also but thankfully Heine entertained the representative's in my stead. What about you?” her blue orbs turned to his warmly, “How was yours?”

“I’ve never sat for an entire day, but I like the new experience. I’m really glad Liam approves of my work that he even told me there were no drafts needed next time.”

“You’re doing such a great job and it’s just your first day at it,” Elsa praised.

“T-thank you,” Aiden blushed.

“We’re only a month away before the summer runway happens in Milan.”

Aiden’s breath immediately hitched. A look of concern took over the blonde’s face. “Are you okay?”

“Mh? Yes, I am, don’t worry. I nearly panicked with that runway thing...”

“Oh honey, don’t fret over that. Besides the fact you’re not one of the models,” Elsa giggled, “Everybody will finally have the chance to witness your talent. And I’m sure you’ll do great. You always do,” she beamed, “I believe in you. And...”

She looked at her feet, then back to him, the seas of blue laced with an intense emotion.

“I wish I met you sooner.”

Aiden smiled assuredly at her, the palm of his hand caressing the side of her face. “Why?”

“You’re a beautiful person.”

“I don’t know if I can agree with that,” Aiden chuckled.

“You should,” Elsa sighed, retreating against her chair and folding her arms, “I don’t know. You’re... Different.”

“What makes me different?”

“So many questions,” Elsa closes her eyes, as her hand deftly clambered to his office tie. She watched him weaken under her fingertips, “You shouldn’t bombard your Chairwoman with such,” And with a hefty pull, their lips met in a dizzy union.

Unbeknownst to the pair still in their passionate exchange, an unlucky flash of a camera from another seat went unnoticed.

Pulling away with a shudder, Elsa rested her head next to his heartbeat, remembering the very day they both unleashed their roaring feelings and she was just like this, a timid ear against a song, his heart.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t your yesterday,” Aiden whispered, “But I promise you, I can be all of your tomorrows. And I’ll do my best to be worth your while.”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Arendelle Residence | Evening

The sports car’s engine finally barred once the key was finally pulled from its perch. Tiredly, Elsa gaunted on the inactive steering wheel and languidly grabbed her handbag after throwing the key in, a hand shoving the door open to depart from her vehicle.

She mustered up a warm smile to grace her features upon seeing the faithful butler awaiting for her. “Good evening Kai.”

“As to you Miss Elsa,” he bowed his head slightly, “Should I inform Chef Leo to make you something from the kitchens? Have you eaten dinner?”

“Don’t worry, I have,” Elsa nodded, making her way past the spacious garage’s exit. Walking into the ever sophisticated entrance of her home, her head whirled around and about, hoping to catch a sight of a redhead or a sign of her precious daughter’s energy.

This time, it was a relieved Gerda who greeted her. “I'm glad you’ve made your way back dearie, it was getting quite late,” Gerda warmly says with a motherly smile.

“Oh goodness,” 11:00, “I haven’t been checking the time. Aiden decided to keep on working past the office hours and we kind of had dinner late,” She walked towards the coat hanger, “Where are the others?”

“Miss Anna and sir Kristoff have retired to their room,” The old lady smiled, “And Claire’s been waiting for you in your own personal quarters. We kept telling her she should be tucked in before you arrive, but the little one was adamant about it.”

The blonde’s dispirited face brightened at the mention of the child, “I see. Good night to you then, Gerda. I shouldn’t keep her waiting.”

Elsa made an effort to hurry up to the stairs, taking a right turn to the other hall until she reached the two large doors leading to her bedroom. Before she could recklessly twist the cool knob, smiling, she leaned her head against the hard plane of wood and listened if she could hear any noise.

As she had predicted, after silently opening the door, there a sleeping Claire lay, her fuzzy slippers scattered in front of the queen sized bed. It seems that the four-year-old couldn’t resist any further and had curled up under the pristine covers by herself, and Elsa guessed the current bunny onesie the child donned was a gift from her Auntie Anna, knowing her child’s wardrobe.

She settled down her bag to its respective place in her dresser and rushed to take a quick warm shower before going to bed.

Now in her nightgown, Elsa tiptoed to her side of the bed and carefully lied down, hoping the sudden sinking of the mattress wouldn’t wake up her adorable companion. Claire didn’t move a budge, and with that, the young mother successfully crawled under the blankets and took a moment to gaze at the girl she hoped wouldn’t grow up too fast.

Claire had a cute little nose. Unable to resist, Elsa tapped it quietly, amazed that the girl didn’t even stir. Her hand slowly moved upwards to sweep her soft light hair. if Claire was awake right now the girl would have fallen asleep in a minute because her current ministrations always put her to sleep in a bit.

Her stare landed on Claire’s eyes.

Pain suddenly surged in Elsa's chest.

Sometimes she couldn’t bring herself to look at her daughter’s eyes directly since no wonder a color could bring so much pain. Elsa wanted to cast the unspoken issue aside, but oh how badly she wished Claire was really... really, really her own. She hated it that she couldn’t convince herself that blood never mattered, and never determined love between a mother and her child.

Well, she didn’t need to convince herself because that useless thought never mattered either anyway. It was just another one of her delusions she would ignore.

Claire’s eyes—they are blue. They were like hers, nearly the same shade. The dusting of pale freckles across her face, they were just like hers. The word almost seemed to scream at her. Hers.

The sweet girl beside her signified a fading wish.

“M-mama?” A small voice called. Wiping her unceasing tears, Elsa purely smiled at the little girl rubbing her eyes. Claire’s lips curled, and with a yawn, the four-year-old snuggled in closer. “You’re home.”

“Hi pretty love,” Elsa greeted, hoisting the girl a little higher to her side with a watery grin, “Did I wake you?”

“Nope,” Claire shook her head, popping the p, “What took you so long?” She whined. Elsa giggled at the child’s antics and tickled her chin, “Mama has to work hard, she can’t let you down. I’m sorry I kept you waiting.”

“Iss’okay!” Claire beamed, “But what if you get too tired, mama?”

“I won’t,” Elsa shrugged. Claire pursued her statement of worry, “You won’t be able to come play with me and come back home. I still want to see you around, mama.”

Her heart must have melted before the little girl’s words. Ruffling her hair, she shook her head, “Mama will take care of herself, Claire-bear. Mama promises you that.”

Claire laughed heartily, reaching up to her mother’s hand to remove it from her head, “I love promises!” She smiled ear-to-ear.

“I do too, sweetie.” Elsa’s smile widened.

Claire’s laughter dissipated as soon as her eyes found her mother’s tearful ones. “Are you not happy, mama? You were smiling.”

“Mama’s just being silly.”

“No, mama’s really sad,” Claire huffed, earning a playful pinch on her puffed out cheeks from her parent. “Please tell me mama?”

Mama.

“But you’ll be sad as well if I tell you, sweetheart.”

“That’s okay! I’ll be sad with you.”

“That’s no fun,” Elsa stuck out her tongue. Giggling, Claire took hold of her mother’s hand and squeezed it tightly, “It isn’t, but at least you won’t be sad alone. Being alone is scary.”

“Mama’s just... So sorry...” She did her best to subdue the incoming sob clawing in her throat. Claire crawled up to her and frowned, “Why?”

Taking the little girl’s pudgy hands in hers, Elsa sniffled and brushed her lips against the child’s knuckles affectionately.

Apologetically.

“I’m sorry mama wasn’t the one who gave birth to you,” she murmured, the volume of her voice almost like she was downtrodden in shame, “Mama’s sorry you had to be hurt. So sorry.”

She couldn’t stop it any longer. The tears she wished would dry cascaded like broken waterfalls down her cheeks leaving evident streaks of pain, and she could feel the child’s curious gaze without directly looking at her.

“Mama... Not your fault,” Claire shook her mother’s shoulders nonchalantly, “Not your fault, mama. I don’t mind.”

“Really, baby?”

“Mmh-mmh. You love me, and you always think of me, and you make me smile,” Claire shrugged, “Mama has been hurt enough. Mama needs to be happy. You know... Whenever you’re around Aiden. And me, and Auntie Anna.”

Elsa bit her lip.

“Yeah.”

“Can we sleep now, mama?” Claire’s eyes drooped. The child unleashed a yawn, “I’m really sleepy. Can I have blueberry pancakes tomorrow?”

“O-of course,” Elsa smiled tearfully, “Anything for you, Claire-bear.”

“Okie then,” Claire grinned, burying herself in her mother’s arms, “Night night, mama.”

Elsa nodded, resting her chin on her child's hair, “Goodnight.”

Pulling up the comforters, Elsa ran her hand up and down across her daughter’s clothed back and began to hum a lullaby, rocking her child back and forth to make a path to a sweet dream. Only one thought lingered in her head that night.

You aren’t my yesterday, but you’ll be all of my tomorrows.

To be continued
on the next chapter...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 4.7K 18
King Agnarr and Queen Iduna send out guards to get someone who can help their daughter, Elsa, control her powers. The guards search Arendelle, and ev...
186K 4.6K 198
โNever. You'll never be a ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ. You'll always be a ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ. You weren't the first, but you're the most memorable.โž No wonder a cape-an...
28 7 12
What if Elsa had never made it back from her voyage in Ahtohallan? That her sister's daring actions never woke her up leaving her trap in the ice, d...
206K 7.8K 44
You are just an orphan girl from the Southern Isles trying to get by. When the stormy wind blows your ship into the harbour of Arendelle your life ta...