Isolated. ✧ nh

By kawaiikush

In which a young adult isolates himself in a small town and finds himself working at a family-owned Motel wit... More

1
2
Info// cover credit
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
10.5
12

11

198 9 1
By kawaiikush

(Sorry if gif above is too disturbing. I found I cute and perfect for this chapter.)

Nevaeh

Large shoves on the shoulders awake me. My head shoots up from the counter, my eyes look frantically for the person how caused my consciousness. Carter gaped at me with disappointing eyes. "Did you sleep the entire time you were here?" She had asked with the man she was with earlier's hand in her own.

"I didn't mean too," I yawn, rubbing my fists into my eyes, "I was bored. What time is it?" The club's party was still alive but with a different set of people dancing with drunken pride.

Carter peered down at her watch before the man holding her hand answered for her. "One in the morning."

Carter smiled and leaned in for her temple to rest on his shoulder. "Thanks Harr-Bear." She cooed. "It's one in the morning." She echoed.

"Um, thanks." I said, stretching my limbs out and climbing off the barstool. "Where's Niall?"

Carter gave me a sympathetic look before answering me. "Kayla and Niall left about an hour ago." She patted my back as if I was hurt by this news.

"And how the hell are we gonna get back to the motel? Do you have a car, Harr-bear?" I groaned mockingly. Of course Niall would leave us, he's irresponsible. I shouldn't have came along in the first place, that was my mistake.

"I do, and I already offered to take you guys before Niall had left." The man responded.

"Why didn't you wake me up sooner so I could've left with him?" I ask annoyed, bringing my hand to rub my forehead.

He leaned on the table with Carter by his side before speaking. "Because the girl with him had passed out from drinking too much so he rushed her home. Carter and I wanted to continue partying so we had a brief compromise. Sorry mate." I noticed the man had an English accent and it made me question how many Europeans currently settled in Texas. Two is too many, counting Niall and the man standing in front of me.

"Whatever," I groan, "just take me back to the motel please." He nodded and quickly escorted both Carter and I outside to he reserved parking lot and into his black BMW. The car suits him well, dressed in all black with a piercing white smile.

"Oh, Nevvv! I almost forgot to introduce you to Harry! Nevaeh, this is my date, Harry! Harry, this is my best friend, Nevaeh!" I smirk at Carter as she cheerfully introduces us. God she is so hammered. I remember the good nights when it was just the three of us: Carter, Kayla and I, drinking until we passed out. We were a pack of rambunctious little freshmen at the time.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Harry, driving the car out of the thumping area comments, "but I believe we've met before, am I correct?"

"Yes," I answer. My mind begins to cloud with fury, angry at Niall and Kayla. I shouldn't have come, I shouldn't have. It takes us approximately 15 minutes to drive back to the motel.

Hopping out of the car, I stomp over to Niall's room and bang on the door. The door knocker pounds along, increasing the commotion as I bring my fist to the metal material. Soon, Niall opens the door with a startled look plastered on his face. "Nevaeh, what are you doing?" He asks.

"Thought you could just leave me at the club, did you?" I growl, tightening my fists. He closes the door behind him gently, softly looking back at me with concern.

"Nevaeh," he speaks, "Kayla drank too much and needed me to escort her home. She passed out on the floor."

"I don't care how hammered she was!" I scream, "don't you ever leave me!" The anger in my voice faded away and a scared innocent tune was taken into place. "Something bad could've happen to me while I was asleep. I could've gotten robbed."

His eyes were a deep azure, the moonlight shining in them just like what the sun does for the moon. "Well did you get robbed?" He questioned, pointing at my purse.

Quickly I searched for my purse, looking for anything that might be missing. Everything was there, thankfully. "Nope." I say, relieved.

"Nothing to worry about then," he smiles kindly. "Go to your room. You should get some sleep."

I nod before walking out of his presence. I travelled to my room and entered, expecting Carter to be there, I soften. Checking my phone, I receive a text from her. Apparently she is staying with Harry for the night in his room. "How cute." I sigh to myself in sarcasm. Everyone is falling in love instantly except for me. Everyone is having sex except for me.

At least I have the room to myself; I don't have to share the bed. Sighing, I unzip my dress from my body, sprawling over the freshly made bed. The sheets were cooly tempered, soon to be warmed up by my body heat. Minutes turn into sleepless hours as I lay still, staring up at the ceiling. My phone vibrated besides me, drawing my attention and curiosity towards it.

"Are you still awake?" A text from Niall reads.

"Yes. Can you not sleep?" I respond quickly.

In the matter of seconds, my phone buzzes again. "I'd sleep better if I had you next to me, tbh."

I feel awfully numb as I read the text over and over, assuring myself that the text was in fact real. I blush, taking it as somewhat a compliment. "How cute."

It's been a while since I've had a direct compliment. I haven't been receiving them lately, not even from my own boyfriend. "You don't believe me, don't you." Niall's new response read.

I smirk as my thumbs tap quickly over my screen. "Of course I don't."

A minute later Niall's new text appeared on my screen. "I'm tired of texting you."

Slightly offended, my smile dies and type only one word and press send. "Goodnight."

At the same exact time I pressed send, a following text popped up. "I want to talk to you."

"You'll wake Kayla." I type.

"I'm coming over. Make room for me in bed." The note read.

Without hesitation, I allow his request. "Hurry."

A few minutes pass by and without knocking, Niall appears from the other side of the door, notifying me that I haven't locked my door. How stupid of me. I scoot over and pat a vacant spot on the bed besides me. "Saved you a seat." I smirk.

Niall, realizing that I sit only in my undergarments, grabs the top hem of his t-shirt and yanks it over his head; his hair perfectly messy. As he's free of his clothing, he steps towards the bed and climbs under the sheets with me. Without making a single sound, he slides his hand across my stomach, making me groan anxiously. He drags me towards him with my back to his front, in a spooning position. "I won't do anything, I promise. We're just talking." He whispers in my ear, his hot breath lingering down my neck. "I respect you."

I shiver in response. "Let's talk, then."

"Okay, let's talk." He says softly, hugging me with his one arm around me. "You start, baby girl."

I nod and think of a question. "How come we're the only ones awake at this time of night?" I ask, peering over at the old digital clock that read 3:21am in a bright green light.

"Usually the loved and lonely are sleepless; we distracted by our own thoughts." He replies, taking strands of my hair and tucking them behind my ear.

"Are we the loved and the lonely?" I question curiously.

"Probably, darling." Niall cooed. It felt nice having him around me like this. I don't have to face him awkwardly and only listening to the sound of his voice as caresses me softly. It's lovely avoiding his cocky side.

"Lemme guess," I sigh, "I'm the lonely."

Quickly, he corrected me. "That's where you are wrong, Nevaeh. You are so loved." And with that, he kisses the back of my neck lightly, dragging his lips to different parts of my back.

"Niall... Please..." I gasp, disappointed that he had lied to me about not trying anything with me. I do not want this to lead to sex.

"I'm sorry. I swear this meant nothing." He manages to say with the embarrassment lingering in his voice.

"Let's continue talking. Your turn to ask me a question." I exhale, resting my eyes.

"Why did you dye your hair purple?" He asks, twirling a chunk of my hair with his finger.

"I prefer the term 'lilac'." I chuckle. "Probably the same reason why you dyed your hair blonde."

"I did it just for fun." Niall answers. "Does that also explain the lip piercing?"

Taking the lip ring in between my teeth, I nod. "Correct."

"You amuse me, Nevaeh." He giggles in my ear. "You're so different from your friends and everyone else in your sad little town that it makes me wonder how you evolved to the person you are now." Niall drags his fingers over my bare body as he whispers soothingly. His voice is so unique and I'm so grateful that I am one out of many that get the cherish it.

"You think about me?" I ask.

"Often." He confirmed, causing my cheeks to turn a bright pink pigment. "But don't worry, darling. I know my place. I'm not even a whisper in your thoughts, yet you are the screaming in mine."

My eyes widen as I take in his speech.

Finally I turn around from our spooning session. Even though it was practically pitch black in my room, Niall's eyes were as vibrant as the last time I saw them. Soon, I shut my eyes and my fingers travelled into his dyed blonde hair as I pressed my lips onto his.

"This is where you are wrong." I thought to myself.

______
hoped you liked it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Hannah By Nialler

Fanfiction

7.2K 383 52
~The story is set in 1970s~ She had one silly nightmare. But it wasn't just any type of nightmare. It was a sign. A message. A nightmare which soon t...
179K 8K 26
Two different world's collide and it's all because of him. Zayn Malik was just a regular guy. He was an intern at a local radio station and was also...
243K 10.8K 26
Niall Horan isn't like other boys his age. Some people say he's just immature, but they only say that because they don't and won't take the time to g...
2.4K 35 22
Maggie Drislane lives a normal life. She’s just graduated like almost every single one of her friends from Holmes Chapel Secondary. Maggie, like ever...