Lavanya : The Chosen Queen [O...

By KavyaAgnihotri

FEATURED ON WATTPAD HISTORICAL ROMANCE Lavanya, the daughter of Siravuri Bhargav, the General of Maheswari, w... More

Achievements
Character Introduction
Secret Identity: Chapter 1
Her Past : Chapter 2
Impressed(1) : Chapter 3
Impressed (2): Chapter 4
The Proposal: Chapter 5
Accusation : Chapter 6
Prince solved the problem: Chapter 7
Marriage with Lavanya!?: Chapter 8
Marriage(1): Chapter 9
Marriage(2): Chapter 10
Dacoit Attack : Chapter 11
Fighting Against The Dacoits : Chapter 12
The First Night : Chapter 13
Virendra Regrets : Chapter 14
Surya Sneaks Into Lavanya's room : Chapter 15
Lavanya Stuns The Royals : Chapter 16
The Queen Defends Lavanya: Chapter 17
Akshara Enters The Palace In Disguise: Chapter 18
Virendra Is Impressed By Lavanya: Chapter 19
The Peculiar Case: Chapter 20
Virendra & Lavanya Team Up: Chapter 21
Virendra And Lavanya Find The Culprit: Chapter 22
Justice At Court : Chapter 23
Karthik Discovers Lavanya's Secret: Chapter 24
Will Karthik Breathe His Last? : Chapter 25
Virendra Challenges Lavanya: Chapter 26
Virendra becomes Lavanya's Guruji: Chapter 27
Virendra-Lavanya Finds Dacoits Treasure: Chapter 28
Sanvika Devi Takes Care of Prince Virendra : Chapter 30
Author's Note
Caring For Each Other : Chapter 31
Secret Mission : Chapter 32

Virendra Gets Shot: Chapter 29

3.6K 305 118
By KavyaAgnihotri

Amidst the peaceful environment, Virendra's voice was echoing constantly. He was randomly swimming in all directions, searching for his wife. After a while, suddenly he heard a faint giggling sound of a woman. Narrowing his brows, he tried to focus on the direction of the source of the sound. Following the source of the sound, he reached a certain part of the lake of the waterfall. His eyes widened witnessing the scene.

Lavanya was giggling cheerfully, playing with the small fish in the water. She was swimming in the water while the water was at her chest level. Strands of wet hair rebelliously came out of her bun, sticking on her shoulder. Her lively laughter was reverberating in the entire area. Feeling enraged at Lavanya's carelessness, Virendra rushed to her. Yanking her hand forcefully, he made her face him.

"Are you out of your mind, Lavanya? You fell from such a great height and now you are playing as nothing happened. Do you even know how worried I was?" The prince said in one go, without taking a pause. He narrowed his eyes when he saw Lavanya was looking at him like a child complaining to his mother about something. "Now what's with that facial expressions?"

"Why did you yank my hand? Because of you, the fish went away." She pouted, looking disappointed.

"Huh?!" Virendra was dumbfounded at Lavanya's accusation. Wait! I was just worried about her and she is worried about her fish!

"Why are you looking at me like that? Because of you, my fish left me," the princess gently pushed Virendra so that she could move away from him.

Hearing Lavanya's words, Virendra's childhood memories flashed in his mind. He remembered how little Lavanya was disappointed when his younger self laughed at her while she was struggling to catch fish. The words which escaped from her lips just a while ago were the exact words she had said back then. Unknowingly his lips curved upwards, forming a faint smile.

This entire time, Lavanya was looking at him weirdly, witnessing her husband acting out of character.

"Prince?" Lavanya called softly, waiting for his response. Upon receiving no response, she clicked her fingers, pulling the prince out of his daze. "Prince, why are suddenly smiling like that? Did you hit on anything while falling into the plunge pool?" She asked, arching her brows.

"I suddenly recalled something funny." Virendra chuckled before looking at his wife. "Do you want me to catch more fish for you?"

"No, Thank You," Lavanya forced a smile, gliding effortlessly in the water. "My hands are big enough to catch fish."

"Really?" Virendra quirked his brows. "For your kind information, your hands aren't as big as mine." Smirking proudly, he lifted his hand out of the water to show his big palm.

"Mine isn't small as well," Lavanya swam towards Virendra and stopped in front of him. Showing her palm, she wiggled her brows, signaling him to look at hers.

"See it yourself," Virendra chuckled seeing the princess's tactics. He extended his hand so that she could touch his.

"Alright," Lavanya said, determined to prove that she was mightier than he was.

She extended her palm, touching his rough and calloused one. As she completely touched his palm, Virendra saw that her palm seemed to disappear into his, while the princess's eyebrows furrowed, realizing that her palm so small in comparison to his that her fingertips touched the first phalangeal joints of his hand.

"See, your hand is smaller than mine," Virendra laughed, without withdrawing his hand.

"Fine!" Lavanya huffed.

Before she would withdraw her hand, Virendra wrapped his long slender fingers around her hand, making it impossible for her to withdraw her hand.

"What are you doing?!" Lavanya looked at him, bewildered, trying to pull her hand out of his grip.

Huffing, she stopped struggling. The whole time Virendra's eyes didn't leave Lavanya even for a small period. He was staring intensely at her while enjoying the softness of the hand of his wife. Feeling that she had calmed down, the prince gently unwrapped his fingers around her hand, letting her go. She immediately pulled her hand and put it under the water.

"Though your hands are small, they are soft and beautiful. Your hands feel as soft as the paws of a rabbit; small, soft, and beautiful," smiling gently, the prince said. "I have never held a woman's hand before like I held yours."

"Huh?!" Lavanya's eyes widened, listening to the unexpected confession. She blinked twice while her heart started to beat unusually fast. It was the first time in her entire life that someone complimented her other than her sister. Gulping to get rid of the strange feelings, she asked, "D-did you really never hold a-any woman's hand before?"

"Till now, my hands only held swords and different weapons, not the hands of any lady," Virendra replied nonchalantly, as if he was stating a simple fact.

Lavanya's breathing hitched upon listening to her husband's words. She could feel the heat rising to her cheeks while her ears already felt hot. Averting her gaze, she touched her soft cheeks only to realize that they are warmer. For a moment, she couldn't understand how to react - should she be happy because of being his first or should she worry because of her husband's sudden change in behavior.

"Lavanya, what happened? Why your cheeks turned pink?" Virendra asked, narrowing his eyes.

"I-Its nothing, Your Highness," Lavanya looked away, unable to find proper words to answer him. What should she say? Because of his words, she turned pink like that? It was impossible for her.

Before Lavanya could say anything, suddenly she felt like she had heard the laugher of some people. Her eyes darted from left to right, trying to listen to the faint sound. Soon she felt the sound of laughter became louder.

"Prince..."

"Can you hold your breath for a long time?" Virendra asked hurriedly, cutting her words.

"Yes," Lavanya replied, realizing that Virendra too heard the sound.

The monstrous laughter clearly declared that it belonged to the dacoit Baldev.

These dacoits! What are they doing here now?! Lavanya gasped, unconsciously tightening her grip around Virendra's lower arm.

"We need to hide under the water, otherwise the dacoits will find us," Virendra hurriedly said, before holding her hand tightly, pulling her under the water along with him.

Within a minute, they felt that the water above them was forming ripples. A boat was passing by over the water. Virendra and Lavanya were holding their breaths, trying to stay under the water without causing any suspicion to the dacoits.

"Baldev, don't you think we have enough wealth to support our dacoits and attack the King of Maheswari?" A dacoit asked, glancing at the wealth they were carrying in the boat.

"We still need more wealth, brother," Baldev replied. "The royals are very shrewd and powerful. If we haven't found this secret place then we couldn't find a place to save our looted wealth. Moreover that woman Sanvika Devi. She is haunting us like a ghost. Wherever we try to hide our wealth, that woman pops out of nowhere."

That's it! Fear me more, Baldev. Lavanya smirked, listening to the faint words of their conversation. Poor you, Baldev, your secret place isn't secret anymore. She immediately made up her mind what to do next after returning to the palace.

Suddenly, Lavanya and Virendra saw gold items, coin, etc falling into the water, and getting drowned at the bottom of the water body. The couple's eyes widened witnessing the scene. It was a huge amount of wealth, getting drowned in the water. They looked at each other, bewildered.

Soon the dacoits left after finishing their work of hiding their wealth at the bottom of the water body. Lavanya wanted to come to the surface but Virendra held her arms, prohibiting her. Lavanya looked at her husband with a questioning look, struggling to get out of his grip.

Virendra shook his head vigorously, trying to tell her that it was still dangerous for them to get out of the water. If the dacoits catch them, then it would become difficult for them to escape. Lavanya puffed her cheeks, trying to hold her breath, while Virendra was waiting for the dacoits to leave the place. Since he was staring above, he didn't see that Lavanya was struggling to hold her breath.

When he felt the dacoits had left the area, he immediately pulled Lavanya's hand, coming to the surface of the water. As they came to the surface of the water, Virendra looked at his wife since she wasn't showing any moments.

"Lavanya?" Virendra shook her while the latter didn't respond. "Lavanya?!" He exclaimed when he realized that she had lost her consciousness.

He quickly swam to the bank. Coming out of the water, he made her lay on the floor.

"Lavanya?" Virendra patted on her cheeks, trying to wake her up. He put his finger under her nose only to find her breathing was extremely slow. "Oh my God! What happened to her?!" He slowly pressed her stomach to make her cough out of the excessive water. No matter how hard he has tried, she neither coughed nor moved a bit. "Lavanya, open your eyes. Don't scare me now." He called desperately while rubbing her palms.

"Oh my God! She isn't responding to anything. What should I do now? Should I give her mouth-to-mouth resuscitation? But...a man and woman should keep a distance between them. Again she is my wife. It's alright if I do that, right?" Virendra was talking to himself without taking a look at his wife. Perhaps in his entire life, he never felt this helpless and desperate. "I cannot lose her. It's the last way to save her."

Determined, he turned towards his wife, only to find the latter was looking at him with one-eye opened. Her lips were pressed together, forming a line, as she was controlling her urge to burst into laughter.

"Lavanya, you..." Virendra uttered, confused as Lavanya sat up and burst into laughter.

"Good heavens! I have never seen Prince Virendra being this much worried before. You should have seen your face just now." Lavanya laughed, clutching her stomach.

"You!" Virendra exclaimed, pointing his index finger at her. "You didn't faint?!"

"Not at all, Your Highness." Lavanya shook her head, chuckling. "I didn't faint. Do I look like a soft princess?" Tucking the wet strands of hair behind her hair, she said, "I am the daughter of the general after all. Don't expect me to be so soft as a pampered princess."

Virendra was still dumbfounded because of his wife's tactics. Running his fingers through his wet hair frustratedly, he glared at her.

"Do you think it was funny?" Virendra growled, making Lavanya stop laughing.

"No, Your Highness. It wasn't funny at all," Lavanya shook her head, keeping a serious face, trying to mask her sarcasm. "If I didn't act as I had fainted, then I couldn't have seen His Highness worrying for me."

"Unbelievable!" Virendra scoffed, glaring at her. "If you are done with your stunts, then can we leave for the palace? The Queen must be worrying for us."

"Sure," Lavanya chuckled, getting up. Taking out the hairpin from her messy bun, she again tied her hair into a tight bun. Putting the hairpin into her bun, she looked at her husband. "Let's go."

As she was about to step, due to the muddy bank, she got slipped. Acting out of reflex, Virendra snaked his hand around Lavanya's waist while holding her hand with the other hand, preventing her from falling. They ended in such a position that if Virendra left her hand, she would directly fall in the water.

When Lavanya didn't feel the touch of water on her body, she opened her eyes slowly, only to realize that she was in her husband's arms. Suddenly she realized that her husband's arm was encircled around her waist.

"Prince, let me go," she struggled, trying to move.

"Calm down first. Otherwise, you will fall," Virendra said, tightening his grip around her waist.

"Withdraw your hand from my waist," Lavanya yelled.

"But..."

"It's my waist, no yours. Let go of it first!" Lavanya glared.

"Are you sure?" Virendra quirked his brow as he already planned something in his mind.

"Yes!" Lavanya shouted.

"Alright."

No sooner had he finished his words than he removed his around her waist and left her hand. As soon as he did so, Lavanya fell straight into the water.

"Is that okay, Your Highness?" Virendra laughed, watching Lavanya coughing, standing in the water.

"Virendra! It's not funny!" Lavanya yelled, without noticing that she called her husband by his name.

"Wow! Did you call me by my name?" Virendra arched his brows, surprised.

"Yes! Is that a problem? Now help me to get out of the water," Lavanya extended her hand so that Virendra could help her to get out of water.

Standing with his hands crossed across his chest, Virendra said, "did you say you are the daughter of general and you can help yourself? Then how come this wild cat is asking for my help?"

"Eh?! You dare to address me a wild cat?!" Lavanya's jaws dropped listening to her new nickname.

"Of course." Virendra shrugged his shoulders. "Right now you are looking like a wild cat, clenching its claws to attack."

"You! Just wait." Lavanya started to walk towards the bank, staggering due to the sticky mud.

"Catch me if you can." Virendra laughed as he quickly took a few steps back before he started to run.

"Wait!" Lavanya quickly came out of the water and started to run after her husband.

Soon the forest was filled with lively laughter of the prince and the princess. One was having fun, teasing the other while the latter was trying to catch him.

"Virendra stop!" Lavanya yelled, tired of running.

"Aren't you tired yet?" Virendra chuckled, decreasing his pace of running.

Lavanya stopped running. Putting her hand on her knees, she started to breathe heavily, taking in huge puffs of air.

"Lavanya?" Virendra stopped, turned back to look at her. Seeing her bending down while breathing heavily, he walked towards her. "Are you alright?"

"Caught you!" Lavanya laughed, grabbing Virendra's lower arm. "Lavanya doesn't get tired easily, Your Highness."

"You tricked me!" Virendra huffed.

"It doesn't matter," Lavanya chuckled without leaving Virendra's hand.

"Really?" Virendra smirked, lips curving upwards into a mischievous smile.

Before Lavanya could understand his smirk, Virendra wrapped his hand around her lower arm and pulled her towards him. Stumbling due to force, she hardly stopped herself from colliding with her husband's chest. As her forehead hit the broad chest, she moved back a bit, staring at him like an angry kitten.

The moment their eyes met, Virendra forget about everything - his surroundings, the condition of being wet by water, etc. Only she mattered, her eyes mattered. As he looked into her dark brown orbs, he couldn't take his eyes off her. For a moment, he felt like the time had stopped for him. The more he looked into her eyes, the more he felt like drowning in them. He didn't know for how long he stared into her eyes until the sound of the snapping of fingers pulled him out of his daze.

"Your Highness, if you are done with staring, can you please let go of my hand?" Lavanya said impassively.

"Ah! Sorry." Virendra immediately removed his hand, letting her go. He looked away, scratching his nape, feeling extremely awkward. Damn! What was I doing? Have I gone crazy? What she must be thinking now?!

"Surya was never like this," Lavanya huffed, messaging her lower arm gently. "Why are you so strong?"

"So you are saying he is better than me?" Virendra quirked his brow.

"Of course he is better than you," Lavanya replied, unruffled. "At least he won't ask a woman to get out of the room on her first night and ask her to never show her face." She huffed, looking away from him.

These words pierced Virendra's heart like an arrow. He realized that he didn't apologize to her about that night. That was the moment when he felt how much his words hurt her. Feeling guilty, he looked at her who was looking at the tall trees.

"Lavanya it's..." Virendra bit his inner cheek, unable to figure out how to apologize.

"Hm?" Lavanya looked at stammering Virendra with a questioning look on her face.

"I am sorry," Virendra blurted out, hanging his head down.

On the other hand, Lavanya's eyes almost popped out listening to the confession. Her jaws slacked as she stared at him.

"I am sorry about that day, Lavanya. I didn't mean to yell at you. I-I was so worried that I ended up venting my frustration on you. I really regret what I said that day. I am really sorry. Can you please forgive me?" Virendra said everything in one go. He was still hanging his down. When he didn't receive any response, he raised his head only to find his wife looking at him with wide eyes as if she had seen a ghost. Feeling anxious at her reaction, he said, "Say something."

No sooner had he finished his words than Lavanya burst out into laughter, leaving Virendra bewildered.

"He Deva! I never thought the great God of War, Prince Virendra who is known for being ruthless and heartless, will apologize to this mere daughter of the general. I feel so honored," Lavanya laughed, clutching to her stomach, unable to stop laughing.

"Are you teasing me now?" Virendra said, complaining like a child.

"No! I don't dare to, Your Highness." Lavanya waved her hands, denying her husband's words.

Suddenly Virendra's lips curved into a mischievous smile. "Lavanya, what did you call me just a while ago?" He asked, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Viren- huh!" Lavanya stopped, putting her hands on her lips, realizing that she had called him by his name.

At those times, women never called their husbands by their names, especially the royals. They were used to address their husband by using honorifics like 'Your Highness', 'Your Majesty', 'Prince,' etc. It was a way of showing their respect for their husbands.

"So, you dared to call me by my name," Virendra smirked, enjoying his wife's expressions.

"I-I am sorry, Y-your Highness. I d-didn't mean to do that. I-I just..." Lavanya stammering, unable to meet his gaze.

"Don't you think you deserve a punishment?" Virendra looked at her with serious facial expressions.

Letting out a deep breath, she looked at her husband, feeling guilty. "Y-you can punish me."

Putting his hand under his chin, he took a deep breath, pretending to think deeply. "How should I punish you?" He walked towards her, observing her every facial expression. She looks so scared. I never thought of seeing fear on her face. She looks cute with that small sulking face. "How about...from now call me by my name. It's your punishment."

"Huh?!" Lavanya lifted her face, looking at him.

"Why do you look so shocked?" Virendra chuckled. "My name sounds good on your lips."

"Prince, I-I can't do that!" Lavanya blurted out, feeling extremely unprepared. "Women aren't used to call their husbands by their name."

"Then be an exception and address me by my name." Virendra nonchalantly said. "You used to call me Virendra when we were young and still now you call Karthik by his name. Then why cannot you call me by my name?"

This man is really the worst when he is stubborn! Such a spoiled prince! Lavanya bit her lower lip, unable to find an excuse. "Alright! I will address you by your name when we are alone, otherwise, I will address you as a prince." She quickly said, before glancing at him.

Before Virendra could say anything, they heard the rustling sound of the leaves of the tree. Getting alarmed, Lavanya, and Virendra turned towards the source of the sound.

No sooner has the slight rustling sound came than Virendra threw his dagger in the direction. The dagger entered into the thick crown of the tree before falling from the other side.

Lavanya narrowed her eyes with surprise when Virendra missed his target. She glanced at her husband who too seemed confused like her.

I am sure it's a person hiding on the tree. But who is he to escape Virendra's dagger? Lavanya thought while concentrating on the sound of rustling leaves.

As soon as a faint sound of rustling leaves was heard again, both Lavanya and Virendra threw their daggers together, aiming at the source of the sound. This time the daggers didn't fall from the tree. Lavanya felt that those daggers were held by someone.

"Who is so skillful to stop both our daggers?!" Virendra exclaimed, looked at Lavanya who seemed so relaxed.

"Who else? Your best friend," Lavanya said nonchalantly, rolling her eyes.

"My best friend?" Virendra asked, confused at her words.

"Surya! Come down!" Lavanya shouted, loud enough to reach to the person hiding behind the tree. "If you don't come out, then I am asking His Highness to bring you down from there."

Suddenly a young girl jumped on the ground, followed by a young man.

"Akshara! What are you doing here?" Lavanya's eyes bugged out at her sister's sudden appearance.

Scratching her nape nervously, Akshara glanced at Surya, asking for her.

"And you! What are you doing here?" Lavanya glared at her best friend.

"Just watching how hard it is for you to call him by his name," Surya replied nonchalantly.

"You!" Lavanya clenched her hands tightly, feeling her ears heat up suddenly. "Are you teasing me now!?"

"Lavanya, you call me by my name, you call your sister by her name, then why cannot you call your husband by his name?" Surya crossed his arms across his chest, looking at her.

"He is my HUSBAND. That's why." Lavanya emphasized the word 'husband', making Virendra look at her instantly.

"So what? I am your friend," Surya said proudly.

"A husband and a friend aren't similar. So don't compare it." Lavanya arched her brow, putting her hands on her hips. "But first tell me what you two are doing here in this early morning. And Akshara, don't you have any work at home?"

"We are here to pick berries," Akshara replied innocently, showing a small pouch to her sister.

"Long time no see, Prince Virendra," Surya smiled, glancing at the Prince.

"Why are you calling me Prince?" Virendra chuckled. "You used to call me by my name. Did I become that much distant person to you?"

"You are still my best friend," Surya flashed a bright smile, making Virendra smile a bit.

"Then why are you standing there? Won't you give a hug to your best friend?" Virendra smiled.

Smiling, Surya hugged his friend. Patting gently, he broke the hug.

"Virendra, I really wanted to ask something. How do you manage with this lady?" Surya asked, pointing at Lavanya.

"Well...actually, we aren't that close yet," Virendra replied, feeling awkward.

"Take your time friend," Surya patted Virendra gently on his back. "But make sure to deal with her gently. Otherwise, she won't go easy on you if you annoy her."

"Surya, if you are done chatting with your best friend, then please let him go. We have to return to the palace. I haven't offered payers yet," Lavanya said, walking beside her husband.

"Tch...so possessive!" Surya rolled his eyes. "It's not that I am stealing him from you."

"I am not sure about it," Lavanya wiggled her brows, telling him that he couldn't win against her with words.

"Akshara, let's go home. Otherwise, your sister will give you a good earful." Surya glanced at the youngest one who was giggling at their interaction.

"Brother-in-law, take care of my sister," Akshara chuckled before she bade goodbye to the couple.

After Surya and Akshara had left, Lavanya and Virendra used their trick to summon their horses. As soon as their horses arrived, they left for the palace.

No sooner had they reached the palace than Virendra quickly freshen up and rushed to his friend Mahesh. By the time they had reached the palace, it was towards the ending of Purvaanha. Mahesh was wearing a pearl chair around his neck, getting ready.

"Mahesh." Virendra almost barged into Mahesh's room, making the latter almost jump out of surprise.

"Virendra!? Where did you go in the morning?" Mahesh asked as he rushed to his friend.

"I will tell you later. The most important thing is the dacoit Baldev is planning to attach Maheswari. Today I discovered the location of their hidden treasure." Virendra looked serious as he spoke each of the words. "We need to destroy the treasure first."

"Your Highness, don't tell me you are planning to loot the treasure," Mahesh smirked, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Exactly!" Virendra glanced at Mahesh who already guessed Virendra's next move. "They looted the poor and needy. And now the dacoits are planning to use the same looted money to win against us. It's unacceptable!"

"Did you inform Lavanya about your plan?" Mahesh asked, putting on his uttariya, completing his look.

"I don't want to include her in our plan. Karthik, you and I are enough for that. I don't want to bother her," Virendra replied, running his hair through his slightly wet hair.

This guy! He cares for her yet he won't confess! Mahesh internally sighed before glancing at his friend. "Did you inform Karthik about this?"

"Not yet," Virendra replied nonchalantly, walking across the room. "I will inform him before going to darbar. We will go for our mission at the beginning of Nishitha prahar ( 9:00 P.M. to Midnight). I am sure at that time the whole city will be sleeping and we will do our work without any disturbance."

"Perfect!" Mahesh smiled. "My friend is the best when it comes to strategy."

"There is someone other than me who uses the same strategy as me." Virendra turned towards his friend. "It's Sanvika Devi. We are trying so hard to catch her, still, she escapes. It's impossible unless she guesses my next moves. So it clearly proves that that lady is also an expert."

"So Prince Virendra is admiring Sanvika Devi?" Mahesh looked at his friend, amused. "Such a rare scene."

"So brother now praises Sanvika Devi?" Karthik giggled as he entered the room.

"What are you doing here?" Virendra asked, ignoring Karthik's tease.

"Good morning," Karthik greeted to both the seniors. "I just heard that my brother is praising his rival. So I had to interfere."

"I am not praising her, I am just stating a fact," Virendra said nonchalantly.

Chuckling, Mahesh said, "You just came at the right time. We need to discuss something important about a mission with you."

"Jyoti, I already told you everything about my mission. Now I need to leave as soon as possible," Lavanya said, tying a black cloth, which resembles a waistband, around her waist tightly, getting ready as Sanvika Devi.

"Sister, you can go during Nishitha prahar. Why are you leaving so early? It's still Pradosha prahar (6:00 PM-9 PM)." Jyotimani asked, helping Lavanya to get ready for her mission.

"As far as I know Prince Virendra, he will surely go there to capture the treasure today without any delay. I am sure that he will go there at the beginning of Nishitha prahar." Lavanya explained while readying her weapons. "If I want to capture some treasure for my Devi Sena, then I have to go there during the middle time of Pradosha prahar ( 6:00 P.M. to 9 P.M)."

"Sister, you will be safe right?" Jyotimani asked, feeling worried about the princess.

"Don't worry about me," Lavanya smiled a bit. "But if anyone wants to meet me, tell them that I am not feeling well. So I won't meet anyone. If any mishap happens, then I will send signals to you. Don't worry."

"Do your members know about this mission?" Jyotimani still couldn't help worry for Lavanya.

"My dear sister, my entire troops know about this mission. I have sent a message to them before going to darbar. So don't worry." Lavanya cupped Jyotimani's face gently, assuring her not to worry. "I am leaving now. Please manage everything here."

"Yes, Your Highness," Jyotimani bowed a little.

Covering her face with the hem of her black turban, Lavanya bade goodbye to Jyotimani before jumping out of the window, escaping out of the palace.

By the time Lavanya had reached the location of the hidden treasure, Devi Sena was already waiting for her, hiding in the trees. No sooner had Sanvika Devi had reached the location that the Devi Sena quietly came down, without making any noise.

Generally, the plunge pool area and the water body of the waterfalls are small. But this one was an exception. So the treasure was almost at the center region of the water body.

Sanvika Devi signaled the men of her Devi Sena to jump into the water and find the total amount of treasure hidden there. The next moment with a plopping sound, many members of Devi Sena jumped into the water. After a few minutes, coming to the surface of the water, they informed Sanvika Devi about the presence of huge treasure.

Letting out a deep sigh, she looked at Surya with determination in her eyes. Surya understood Lavanya's signals.

"Half of our troops will accompany under the water while the other half will keep any eye on the surrounding," Surya said, glancing at every member of Devi Sena. "Sanvika Devi, Anuj, and I will go under the water while Akshara and Swati will stay on the land."

When Sanvika Devi realized that everyone understood what she was implying, she glanced at Surya and nodded. Nodding, both Surya and Sanvika Devi jumped into the water, followed by Anuj and few members of their Devi Sena.

After about an hour, Sanvika Devi and her troops seized one-third of the total treasure for Devi Sena. Feeling it was enough, she ordered her troops to get out of the water.

"We must leave before the arrival of the royals. I am sure they will be here soon," Lavanya said hurriedly while the troop members already carried the captured treasure carefully. "Akshara, Anuj, and Swati lead the troops and get out of here. Surya and I will leave at the last. Now leave," She commanded.

Soon the Devi Sena started to leave from there while Sanvika Devi and Surya were standing on a high rock, observing their surroundings. Soon neighs of horses echoed in the entire area, indicating the arrival of the royals.

Oh no! Virendra already reached here. Sanvika Devi worriedly glanced at her troops. They almost disappeared into the except few members. She averted her gaze to the source of the horse neighs only to find Virendra, Karthik, and Mahesh already entered the area with their soldiers.

Though both of them were in the same region the distance between them was so much that the royals couldn't predict who was the other party other than them.

"Lavanya, we need to leave now. If they catch us then everything will be over." Surya elbowed Lavanya, making her look at him.

"Wait for a second," Lavanya said. Taking out her bow and arrows, she aimed an arrow in front of Virendra's horse. As the arrow reached its destination, she turned towards Surya. "Let's go. I just send a signal to Karthik that it was me. Otherwise, they will worry thinking that someone else stole the treasure."

"Such a tricky lady!" Surya shook his head before they climbed on the tree to escape into the deep forests.

After going little into the deep forests, the thundering voices of the dacoits were heard, making Lavanya stop.

"What are you waiting for now?" Surya asked desperately, trying to make her move.

"Surya, the prince and his soldiers are still there right?" Lavanya asked out of the blue.

"Yes, so what?" Surya replied, annoyed at her sudden question.

"Surya, you can go back. I am going to keep an eye on what's happening there." Lavanya was about to go back, Surya held her hand.

"Are you crazy? He has Karthik, Mahesh, and his soldiers with him. Nothing will happen to him. Now let's go," Surya pulled Lavanya's hand gently.

"I don't trust Baldev!" Lavanya yelled, yanking her hand off his grip. "Return back and take care of Devi Sena. I am going."

"Stop! I am accompanying you." Surya looked at Lavanya who narrowed her eyes. "If you don't listen to me then I won't listen to you as well. Now let's go."

With those words both Surya and Lavanya rushed back to the place where Virendra and his troops were trying to take out the entire treasure.

As they had reached the area, they saw the dacoits already reached there while the royals are protecting the soldiers who are doing their task under the water. Virendra, Karthik, and Mahesh were stopping the dacoits while most of the treasure was already taken out. Soon Baldev's men fell on the ground, badly injured by Karthik and Mahesh.

"Retreat!" Baldev ordered and the remaining dacoits fled from there.

"Mahesh, take care of the soldiers and the treasure. Return to the palace. Karthik and I will follow the dacoits." Virendra quickly rode of his horse.

"Virendra at least take some soldiers with you," Mahesh quickly said, signing some of the soldiers to accompany the prince.

The soldiers bowed and followed the princes while Mahesh took care of the soldiers and the treasure.

Soon the dacoits led the princes to the deeper part of the forest while Sanvika Devi and Surya followed them secretly, watching them from the trees.

Suddenly the dacoit Baldev's monstrous laugh echoed the entire forest.

"Finally we are going to capture the princes of Maheshwari," Baldev laughed while the remaining dacoits smirked as if they had succeeded in their plan.

Virendra's brows furrowed. He looked around only to realize that they were in the deeper part of the forest and they had very few soldiers with them compared to the dacoits.

"Tigers always hunt alone," Karthik smirked, ready for combat.

"Capture them!" Baldev roared and soon a fight started between them.

"I think we should help them," Surya suggested, getting ready with his bow and arrow.

"Wait. Let's watch it for now. If the situation goes out of control only then we will step in," Lavanya whispered without averting his gaze of the fighting warriors.

Virendra and Karthik proved themselves more powerful as they easily knocked down the dacoits successfully.  A faint smile formed on her face, witnessing her husband's powerful moves. As they were fighting against the dacoits, suddenly an arrow pierced Virendra on the left side of his chest. As the impact of the force, he fell off his horse.

Feeling the arrow got pierced much deeper than it seemed to be, Virendra pulled it out forcefully. Seeing Virendra's condition, Karthik rushed to his brother.

"Brother! You are deeply wounded!" Karthik exclaimed, putting his hand on Virendra's back for support.

"I am fine," Virendra said weakly, looking at his brother. "We cannot let go of these dacoits."

No sooner had he completed his words, his legs wobbled.

"Brother!" Karthik immediately extended his arms to support his brother but the latter waved his hand, showing that he didn't need any help. "Brother but..."

Before Karthik could complete his words, Virendra fell unconscious.

"Brother!" Karthik immediately rushed to his brother who was in the former's arms. "Brother, wake up!" He shook his brother while the latter laid with his eyes closed.

"As I said, we are going to capture the royals tonight," Baldev laughed.

"He is just shot. It's not that he is going to die," Karthik yelled, glaring at the dacoits with bloodshot eyes.

The next moment, arrows were showered from the trees, knocking off the dacoits. Karthik immediately understood who was the person to help them. Within a few minutes, under Karthik's command, the soldiers captured Baldev and the dacoits. As all the dacoits were captured, Karthik ordered them to return to the palace with the dacoits and put those dacoits in the dungeon.

No sooner had the soldiers left than Lavanya jumped from the tree along with her friend Surya.

"Sister-in-law..." Karthik feebly said, holding his brother, sitting on the forest floor.

Without removing the hem of the turban covering her face, she checked Virendra's pulse. Feeling his pulse slower than usual, she touched the wound with her fingers. She rubbed her fingers against her thumb, feeling the density of the crimson liquid. Her brows knitted together as if she had detected something unusual. Smelling the liquid, her brows knitted together, forming a deep 'V'.

While Karthik was anxiously waiting for Lavanya's reply while Surya asked, "How is he?"

"He has been poisoned," Lavanya replied. "We need to treat him as soon as possible otherwise situation may worsen."

6210 words...

How's the chapter?  Are Lavanya-Virendra moments okay?

What do you think about Lavanya's next move?

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 16.3K 41
His Peaceful life turned chaotic the day she stepped into his life. She is hiding so many secrets which can be dangerous for his clan and He will nev...
905K 54.1K 49
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬, 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 �...
Rajputana By Manika

Historical Fiction

211K 8.4K 28
"I am ready but there is only one problem that my month has come". She said while controlling her smile. Abhirath asked in confusion "what? month?? W...
190K 15.4K 30
°• Book 1 in the unexpected marriage series •° *:゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "They tried to hide their feelings with silence but they forgot that their eyes spoke t...