Don't Want To Leave This Play...

By taylaxauffray

The Silver Surfer, an intergalactic herald serving Galactus, plans to destroy the Earth for his master. Howev... More

• Prologue •
• Cast •
• Chapter Two •
• Chapter Three •
• Chapter Four •
• Chapter Five •
• Chapter Six •
• Chapter Seven •
• Chapter Eight •
• Chapter Nine •
• Chapter Ten •
• Chapter Eleven •
• Chapter Twelve •
• Chapter Thirteen •
• Chapter Fourteen •
• Chapter Fifteen •
• Chapter Sixteen •
• Chapter Seventeen •
• Chapter Eighteen •
• Chapter Nineteen •
• Chapter Twenty •
• Chapter Twenty-One •
• Chapter Twenty-Two •

• Chapter One •

4.2K 97 4
By taylaxauffray

Present.

Two years later, the Fantastic Five found themelves at an airport, waiting to board their flight back to New York from the current state that they were in.

Not much had happened over the two years since Victor Von Doom's defeat, apart from Kayla slowly allowing Johnny back into her heart, and, Reed and Susans's attempts of getting married.

The couple had attempted three times to have their wedding but all three attempts had failed as they've had to postpone it to save the world.

The five heroes sat amongst the other passengers waiting to board their delayed flight, each of them passing the time by interacting with the kids or signing autographs for fans.

Johnny lounged in one of the seats in the area with Kayla on his lap, quietly reading a book.

The blonde kept his hand on her waist as she leaned against his chest, her eyes scanning through the printed words on the pages while a group of fan girls surrounded them, trying to get the Human Torch's attention.

Ben was up and about playing with the kids, telling them jokes, taking pictures and giving them a little orange dust as a souvenir from rubbing his rocky finger tips together.

Reed and Susan stood together to the side, the blonde woman's gaze focused on the TV screen broadcasting a news report while the scientist read through a newspaper.

"Last night, the FAA was forced to ground all aircrafts leaving thousands stranded when electronic failures and mysterious power outages crippled the western United States." The reporter displayed on the screen, announced which made Kayla turn away from her book towards the TV with an arched eyebrow.

All of a sudden, the pictures of grounded aircrafts shifted into a picture of her brother and soon-to-be sister-in-law with the title displaying 'Mr Fantastic & Invisible Woman'.

"But the big story today, the much anticipated wedding of fantastic couple Reed Richards and Susan Storm will take place this Saturday."

The brunette rolled her eyes with a scoff and tuned the reporter out after her new announcement.

"Can't these reporters shut their traps and mind their own business before I do it for them?" She asked and closed her book, marking the page she had left off on.

She honestly felt so bad for the couple and she knew it was stressful for Susan even though she wouldn't show it.

"Unbelievable." Reed spoke out, scoffing much like his younger sister had, also beginning to feel fed up that he couldn't even marry the love of his life without a huge fuss being made about it. "Bizarre anomalies are occurring all over the world, defying every law of physics and all the media cares about is what china pattern Sue and I have picked out!"

Ben perked up at this, putting a pause to giving the kids some orange dust. "So, which one did you pick?" He asked with an excited gleam in his blue eyes. "The blue ones with the little flowers? I like them."

Kayla smiled in amusement at the rocky man's excitement of the wedding plans, that she could only imagine his excitement for his and Alicia's wedding day.

She knew he'd be over the moon when that day came.

"Well, I vote on the blue." Johnny piped up, making all eyes turn to him in question for him to continue.

"It's my favourite colour." He added before sending a wink in Kayla's direction with a flirtateous grin. "But you already knew that."

Susan looked away, glancing down at the floor sadly. Were they always going to be in the spotlight with everything that happened in their lives?

"It's happening again, isn't it?" She asked softly before she gazed at the TV screen.

Reed looked up at this with a frown and turned to see her sad face. "No." He said firmly as he moved to stand in front of her, looking into her blue eyes as she stared up at him. "We're not postponing anything. Not this time. This will be the wedding you've always dreamed of and I'm not going to let anything get in the way of that."

A small smile slowly reached the older Storm sibling's lips as her fiancée grasped her hands gently in his.

"Not even the mysterious transformation of matter at subatomic level." He added.

Her smile broadened. "That's the most romantic thing you've ever said to me." She replied and leaned in to give him a kiss but they were stopped as a voice spoke out.

"Which is really pathetic when you think about it." Johnny said with a chuckle but was silenced when he felt a stinging pain on the back of his head.

He rubbed the sore spot and looked at the brunette, who glared at him with an arched brow, sliently daring him to say something else.

Susan glared at her little brother and before she or any of the Richards siblings could utter a word, an airline attendant had approached Reed.

"Dr Richards," The attendant said with a nod in the dark haired man's direction. "I am very sorry but it seems that we're overbooked. We do have some seats available in coach, though."

Reed frowned and turned to the side where Ben stood, lifting a set of twins into the air by their collars for a picture which their mother took.

The scientist was a little unsure but he accepted the idea. "That shoulde be fine." He said with a small smile.

About an hour later, everyone - including the heroes - had boarded the plane.

Ben walked along the isle, glancing between the seat numbers and his ticket until he stumbled across his seat which was situated between an old man and a business woman.

"Uh, that's my seat." He said, looking between the two apollogetically while pointing towards his seat as they looked back at him with shocked expressions. "Sorry." He added.

With an inaudible sigh, the man unbuckled his seat belt and stood up in order for the rocky figure to scoot past and slide into his seat.

It was a little struggle with a few grunts before he was finally seated and got himself strapped in, apart from it being a very tight squeeze.

Reed stood by his seat next to Susan as he glanced around for an overhead compartment to place his briefcase in, only to find that almost every single one was full and being closed by the flight attendants.

Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted one and quickly stretched his arm across to place his briefcase in the empty spot before the woman who was packing her belongings away, could.

Kayla walked down the isle, holding Johnny's hand in hers as he walked behind her. The couple approached their siblings whose seats were located together in the middle of the two isles.

Their seats were situated behind them.

As the brunette slid into her seat, Johnny knelt on the seat in front of his sister. "What do you guys think about trying to get an endorsment from an airline?" He asked, glancing between his sister and the scientist. "Get us a private jet."

"I think we have enough endorsment deals." Susan replied.

Kayla let out a scoff and leaned forward in her seat. "Enough to last us a lifetime." She added onto the blonde woman's response.

The younger Storm sibling let out a chuckle with a slight shake of his head. "That is funny." He said. "No, but seriously," He continued as he looked towards Reed. "Reed, it could help you subsidize all your little inventions."

Reed shook his head and looked at the blonde male with a smile. "No thanks." He said and took his seat beside his fiance.

"Consider it." Johnny pressed.

"Get your ass over here and sit down, Storm!" Kayla exclaimed to which Johnny immediately obliged.

"Ladies and gentleman, this is your captain speaking." The pilot's voice spoke over the intercom. "We will be taking off in less than five minutes. Ensure that you are seated, buckled in and that all cellular devices are turned off. Thank you."

Johnny quickly slid into his seat and buckled his seat belt before he shifted his gaze to Kayla, which made her turn to him; blue meeting hazel.

He sent her a soft smile and held his hand out for her to take. Returning his smile, the brunette placed her hand in his and the two settled into their seats as the sound of the plane's engines started.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 803 28
~Completed~Jacqueline Richards, Reed Richard's little sister, has grown used to living in the shadow of her genius brother. Maybe that's why she bond...
Flame On By <333

Fanfiction

44.1K 1.5K 14
Johnny Storm x Reader Y/n Richards renowned scientist and sister of Reed Richards Mr Fantastic. Working with the fantastic four proves difficult esp...
9.6K 191 17
A Johnny Storm Fan-fiction
159K 4.5K 40
[THE FIFTH WAVE / BEN PARISH FANFICTION] [DESTRUCTION SERIES] [BOOK ONE]