• Chapter Seven •

As serene music played, Ben and Alicia were the first to appear from the building and made their way down the aisle, followed by Kayla a few meters behind the couple.

Reed who stood at the end of the aisle smiled at them as they approached and took their respective places on either side of the bride and groom. Although he appeared calm, he was quite nervous.

Just as everything was beginning to run smoothly, beeping sounded from inside Reed's blazer pocket.

With slightly widened eyes, the groom reached into his pocket and brought his device out to see what the alert was about.

"Reed, would you shut your cellphone off?" Ben exclaimed softly, looking directly at his friend and not caring what was being alerted on the screen while Kayla narrowed her eyes to slits as she looked at her brother suspiciously.

"Actually, this is a--"

The scientist was cut off by the sound of the wedding march which made him perk up and look towards the aisle where he caught sight of his beautiful bride making her way towards him in the arms of her brother.

He subtly slipped his device back into his pocket, now having forgotten all about it as Susan had reached him, taking her place beside him.

Johnny took his place on the groom's side, beside Ben, and threw a wink in Kayla's direction which made the brunette roll her eyes playfully with a smile.

Once the music had ceased and everyonr took their seats, the Priest began. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to--"

A huge gust of wind had cut the Priest off in mid-sentence as the sound of helicopter rotors sounded in the air.

The sound was confirmed when everyone looked to the side to see a helicopter hovering close-by.

"Sue and Reed, congratulations on the wedding!" The pilot said with delight before lifting the aircraft up in altitude.

The said couple shared an uncomfortable look but laughed the situation off.

"Where was I?" The Priest muttered to himself softly before he cleared his throat. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this couple Reed Richards and Susan Storm together in the bond of Holy Matri--"

The Priest was cut off once more as beeping sounded from Reed's pocket.

The scientist reached into his pocket and pulled his device out which made Kayla glare heatedly at her brother while Susan looked at him in complete shock.

"Mony.." The Priest finished softly, looking at the groom in bewilderment.

"I can't believe you actually brought that thing to our wedding!" The blonde woman exclaimed softly, disappointment clear in her blue gaze.

Reed looked at her apologetically. "I know." He replied softly. "But there's a good reason."

"This should be good." Kayla muttered quietly as her brother turned to the Priest.

"We have to geth through this quickly." The scientist said.

The bride huffed, quite irritated. "Well, that's romantic." She said sarcastically.

"Should I continue?" The Priest asked unsurely as he looked uncomfortably between the couple.

Reed nodded his head, practically feeling his bride's anger and frustration bubbling from beside him. "Yes, please." He said nervously.

The Priest gave a nod. "There are many kinds of love--"

"Can we just skip to the end, please?" Reed interrupted.

Any and all hint of a smile had disappeared from Susan's face at this point. "Reed!" She hissed softly.

"Excuse me?.." The Priest questioned slowly before the beeping from Reed's device went off again.

The older Richards sibling reached into his pocket to look at his device and the next thing he knew, the screen began to flicker until it had shut off completely.

All of a sudden, the wind began to pick up around them but this didn't feel like a natural wind at all.

An eery feeling fell over the venue, the Fantastic Five becoming tense, sensing that something was bound to happen.

"It's too late.." Reed muttered softly.

Suddenly the helicopter that was hovering over the Baxter Building began spiralling down, causing the guests to jump to their feet, screaming in panic as they tried to avoid it's rotors that began smashing the chairs.

The aircraft began closing in, the rotors almost having sliced two guests in half had it not been for Reed who had outstretched his arm and pulled them out of the way.

Susan ran forward and threw up a shield, preventing the aircraft from moving any closer. It seemed to have worked until the tail began to swing..

And it was about to hit Alicia.

"Ben!" The woman screamed, having sensed that she was in danger of being hit but scared stiff in place.

Ben's eyes widened at her terrified cry and raced towards her, grabbing the tail just in time before it could hit her.

Knowing that Susan wouldn't be able to hold her shield up forever, Kayla jumped in gathering all the water in the vacinity and manipulated it towards the helicoptors rotors.

She began to add more water to her efforts, her powers having developed a lot over the two years. She balled her hand into a fist and began to freeze the water surround the rapid spinning blades, freezing it enough to the point that the rotors could not move.

Humming sounded through the air, casuing all eyes to look towards the sky where something silver had quickly zoomed past the building.

"Johnny." Reed said as he turned to face the youngest Storm sibling.

The blonde male ran his hand over his suit. "This is Dolce.." He replied.

The scientist gave him a pointed look and noticed that he had looked over to Kayla who was still trying to freeze the rotors.

"Johnny, she'll be fine. Go." He assured the Human Torch.

With a defeated sigh, Johnny walked over to Reed and slipped the velvet box into his hand. "Hold onto it and keep it safe." He said with a hard, stern tone.

Reed nodded. "Go."

With that, the blonde ran towards the side of the building as his suit began to burn.

"Flame on!" He yelled as he took the jump, engulfing himself with flames before he took off to the sky.

As the Human Torch flew off, Kayla had finally managed to freeze the rotors completely which allowed Susan to drop her shield.

The brunette breathed heavily as she bent over in exhaustion, not even realising that her brother had approached her.

"Kayla--"

"I'm fine, Reed." She said, now spent. "You should be with Sue.. She needs you the most now."

Reed frowned softly with worry and followed his sister's gaze to find his fiancé, sitting on the floor near the wedding arch, in tears.

"Go.." The brunette ushered him over which he had done reluctantly.

Tearing her hazel gaze away from her brother and best friend, Kayla looked towards the sky where Johnny had flown off moments ago.

'Come back to me, Storm.' She thought to herself with worry.