• Prologue •

Two years ago.

"Finally!" Kayla exclaimed with a relieved sigh as she and the rest of the group entered the loft, running an exhausted hand through her dark brown locks. "I need my bed." She added as a small yawn escaped her mouth which resulted in her quickly stifling it with her hand.

All of a sudden, she felt herself being scooped up into a pair of strong arms before she shifted her tired, hazel gaze to Johnny, who smiled at her softly as he began carrying her towards her bedroom.

Johnny gently kicked her door open and headed straight towards her bed where he placed her down, a soft moan escaping from the brunette as her body came into contact with her soft bed.

"Better?" The blonde asked in amusement.

"Hmm.." She hummed. "You have no idea.."

He let out a soft chuckle as he ran his hand lightly down her arm to hold her hand. "Get changed and get some sleep. You need it." He said, squeezing her hand softly.

But as he turned to exit the bedroom, he felt a tug at his hand which made him look back at the brunette with an arched eyebrow.

"Stay with me?" She asked softly.

Johnny stood still, staring at Kayla as she peered up at him innocently with exhaustion written all over her face.

After for what felt like an entire minute, he finally nodded with a soft smile. "Of course." He said and sat down next to her.

As he sat down, Kayla immediately began to cuddle up next to him which shocked him but also ignited butterflies in his stomach.

Something in which only this woman had the power to do.

He slowly wrapped his arms around her and ran his hand lightly along her back.

She was slowly warming up to him again - even though he didn't deserve the time of day - but he just hoped that she would allow him back into her heart and would be able to trust him again.

He was going to promise her that she would always be worth the fight and prove to her that she was his entire universe.

"I'll always stay.." He whispered and pressed a soft kiss to her head. "I promise."

A/N: Credits go out to evanescence2016 for the book cover! ✨