• Chapter Seventeen •

It was past nightfall when they had arrived in Siberia which was where the Surfer, as well as his board, would be held in a cell.

The heroes were still seated in their van while the military dealt with the Surfer, by dragging him inside the base - which appeared to be more like a death camp than a military base.

There were men in snow gear holding their weapons tensely while the dogs barked harshly as the unknown being was dragged passed them.

The Five could only watch on with uncertainty as the grey man disappeared behind closed doors, Kayla frowning to herself with worry.

"But, General, we had an agreement!" Reed exclaimed in anger as General Hagar refused to let him or his sister further question the Surfer

Kayla, on the other hand, was clenching her jaw in anger as she glared at the General heatedly. To say that she was seething would be an understatement.

"Calm down." General Hagar ordered. "The enemy has been captured, mission accomplished."

The brunette narrowed her eyes and took a step forward. "Where is he?" She demanded.

The General's gaze fell onto the 5'2" woman. "Contained." He answered vaguely which had put Kayla on edge.

Without managing to get another word out, four people appeared behind the General, standing in the doorway of the room that the Fantastic Five had been offered to stay in.

"General." One of General Hagar's personnel called, making the General turn in his spot.

A slow grin formed across his lips. "Mr Sherman." He greeted, recognising the familiar face of the man in the middle with a black briefcase in hand. There were two men standing behind him - his bodyguards no doubt.

The General turned back to the heroes momentarily. "If you'll excuse us, we have work to do." He said before turning around, ready to lead Mr Sherman towards the holding cells.

Reed took a step forward. "I want to be there for the questioning." He said with a firm tone.

General Hagar glanced over his shoulder. "That's not going to happen." He said and turned to his personnel. "Please make sure our guests remain here comfortably."

"Yes, sir." The military personnel responded before the door had shut on the Fantastic Five, who were now technically being held prisoner by their own country's military.

" The military personnel responded before the door had shut on the Fantastic Five, who were now technically being held prisoner by their own country's military