• Chapter Eighteen •

"-- And the board is what's drawing it here." Kayla said as she had just finished explaining everything that the Surfer had told her.

Johnny grew worried. "How do you fight something that can eat planets?" He asked. Their powers would be useless against this 'Destroyer'.

Reed seemed to have known that there wasn't much that they could do. "We have to get to the board and lead it away from here before its too late." He said.

The only solution that they had was to send the board as far into Space as they possibly could but how in the hell were they going to accomplish that within the few hours that they have left?

"Do you think the General will go for that?" Ben asked doubtfully, now fully believing Kayla.

"When does he ever go with what we suggest?" Kayla responded with a sharp clip to her tone and folded her arms across her chest.

The scientist shifted his gaze from his best friend towards his team thoughtfully before he let out a soft sigh. "He'll have no choice." He said.

The door to the room opened and Ben poked his head out, his blue gaze landing on the guard who's back was turned towards him

"Hey, you. Come here." He said, catching the man's attention. "Let me ask you somethin'." He added with a small grin.

"This way!" Susan called out as she and Kayla lead the guys through the hallway, the Five sprinting towards the chamber where the board was being held

The heroes got this information from the guard stationed outside their door and by 'got this information', Ben had threatened it out of the poor, scared guy.

They rounded the corner only to find a wall tumbling towards them with incredible speed.

Kayla, Johnny and Susan, upon instinct, threw themselves to the sides of the hallway to avoid being hit but Ben - with Reed behind him - however, weren't as quick as the other three.

"Ah, crap!" The rocky man muttered with annoyance, not even getting a chance to move as the wall had hit him so fast that it threw him to the end of the hallway with Reed unexpectedly behind him.