• Chapter Twenty-Two •

A few days ago

The Fantastic Five slowly walked down the street where some buildings were still badly damaged. Reed held Susan's hand while Ben stood at the end, with Kayla and Johnny on the other side of Reed. Needless to say, the blonde male hadn't let go of his fiancé since she had woken up and kept a firm arm around her waist and kept her as close as possible.

"So," Ben began as a glum expression settled over his rocky features. "I guess this is it then.. We all go our separate ways." He said, recalling the fact that Reed and Susan were planning on leaving once the crisis had been averted.

"No." Reed denied. He didn't even have to think about the answer.

Ben looked over to his best friend and Susan with shock. "No?" He questioned.

"No." Susan repeated, agreeing completely with her fiancée.

Johnny looked at them with uncertainty. He didn't know whether to believe the couple or not. "No?" He repeated.

"Oh my God!" Kayla exclaimed with a smile and a roll of her eyes. "They said no, why are you still questioning it?"

Reed chuckled softly with a slight smile, quite amused by the guys' reactions. "If it wasn't for the team, the whole world would be gone by now." He explained while gesturing towards the streets.

"We can't run away from our responsibilities and the people we need to protect." Susan took over from him, grinning internally at the shocked expressions of her little brother and the rocky man. "This is who we are."

"That's what I've been saying!" Johnny exclaimed, happy about the couple's final decision.

Ben, however, wasn't won over yet. "But what about having a normal life?" He asked. "A family?"

"Who says you need to be normal to have a family?" Kayla questioned rhetorically with a smile. "As far as I'm concerned, we are already a family."

Susan smiled and hugged herself onto her fiancée's arm. "So," She began, glancing up at him. "Are you up for another media circus wedding? Fifth time's a charm."

Reed let out a tired sigh, completely against the idea after what had happened with the last four attempts. "No." He admitted with a shake of his head before a soft chuckle escaped him, a smile forming across his lips. "I've got a better idea."

Present:

Present:

In a Japanese garden, the Fantastic Five stood together to finally watch both Reed and Susan tie the knot. They were going to be married away from all the prying cameras and reporters this time.

The garden was beautiful with vibrant and colourful flowers appearing everywhere you looked and in the background, traditional Japanese instruments played a soft wedding march.