Close to You || Ash Lynx (Ban...

By jijinbap

"Just like me, they long to be, close to you." (y/n) lives a normal life-a struggling student whose only wor... More

Prologue: Why do birds suddenly appear?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
NOT AN UPDATE (NEW BOOK)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
NOT AN UPDATE AGAIN (I'm sorry)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL & NEW YEAR SPECIAL
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 19

3.3K 167 145
By jijinbap

A knock on the door reminded you of the situation you're currently in, you froze in your spot, who could that be? You closed your phone, stuffing it behind your pants. Your palms were sweaty as you worked up the possibility of who was behind that door right now, your hand hovered around your dagger as you took long quiet strides to the door, slowly turning the know and pulling the door slightly so you can have a sneak peek on who  it was before opening the door fully.

You pressed your palm towards you heart, a huge exhalation of a pent-up breathe left your mouth upon coming face to face with those beautiful jade-like eyes that you're awfully too familiar with. Head in the gutter, you arms coiled around him. Ash had to take a step back and was momentarily dazed on the sudden affectionate gesture. He grew stiff in your embrace and slowly relaxed into it. There may not be any clear romantic between the two of you but whenever any of the two you welcome each other in each of your own space, none of you hesistate to go into them.

The first time you did it, you toom the lynx by surprise and he had immediately drawn the line; you did the same too. You were always skeptical about being intimate with not only him but everyone in general. You planned to not get too involved with them, using them as a bait to lure something out—your plans may have backfired.

Over the weeks, your grew more bond with them, you have learned to appreciate Eiji's sweet and tender heart, Shorter's eccentricity, Ibe and Max's fatherly-figure, and Ash...

His body does not seem like a stranger to you now—the way he moves, the smell of fresh grape fruit mixed with aromatic lavender, even the sound of his heart beating that you have heard when he allowed you to rest yout head on his shoulder—but this is the first time for you to really feel it, lean and hard muscle against your own.

"What's wrong little dog? Someone stepped on your tail?" Ash was the first one to speak up, as much as he enjoyed the warmth radiating from your small frame, he was more concerned on what made you like this. He took a step back to give the two of you a small space just for him to have a better look of your face. As always, Ash brushed the stray hair on your face, letting it fall back down neatly on the tip of your ear. He threaded through your hair, it had grown longer than before, he noted.

You looked up at him, you weren't aware of how close you were until you could feel his breath on your head, you loosened your hold, face flushed at how you clung to him so suddenly. You uttered a soft apology for invading his personal space in which he replied, hands rubbing on the nape of his head as his face is turned away from you,

"If it's you, I don't mind."

There's like a fuse that suddenly blew out in you, you could imagine steam coming out of the top of your head as you hid your face with the palm of your hands; your go-to move whenever your shyness took over. Ash chuckled, he finds you very adorable whenever you'd hide your face away from his view as your feet tapped on the floor repeatedly. It made him want to tease you more and that's what he did.

He gently removed one of your hands, smiling ever-so slyly as you let out a gasp before your lips formed into a pout. You flicked his hands away, stammering a reply, "You're such a flirt!" You showed him your curled up fingers due to the cringe he gave you but your rosy dusted cheeks says another thing that may or may not have flared the other's ego a bit more.

Ash decided to drop off any further teasing upon realizing the reason why he came to look for you which was to tell you about Eiji's departure and for you to go with him. Ash was heading back to New York and it,  being Dino's territory, he doesn't want any of the two of you near it at any cost. He can't always protect the two of you, though he prayed he could.

Irritation pricked at you, "What's with you guys sending me to another country? Big N.O. I'm staying here in America and I'm going to save my sister with or without your help."

Of course, Ash had expected you to reject him firmly, the two of you share that trait afterall, being blinded by one's goal; he can clearly understand where you're getting from.

"Think about it (y/n). Don't worry, I'll get your damn sister off that fucking geezer's hands. You can use me oka-"

"I said no, Ash!" You raised your voice at him.

You closed your eyes, you didn't mean to shout at him, you attempted to calm yourself down by heaving a sigh, "Look Ash, I know I'm not really the best at fighting but I'm honestly, close to being immortal. As long as I don't get shot in the head, I'd survive. Plus...I can't let you fight alone Ash. I'm not a fucking damsel in distress and you know that."

Ash groaned, he knew couldn't disagree with you, you do know how to handle yourself, you're just not that used to be in this type of environment. You're strong and bold (despite your small fears with insects and the dark), you proved that to him when you talked some sense into him back in the alleyway when you grabbed him by the collar of his shirt with such menancing glare that could eat him up whole if possible.

"You saw it didn't you." Even without any other context given, Ash was aware of what you're referring to.

"Yeah." You clicked you tongue at him, "I don't need your pity, Ash. That was a long time ago. I'm way passed that now." Your lips curled up in a small smile, eyes committed on the ground, you felt his hands over your head, patting it lightly, "You always bark very loud, little dog. Maybe that's why..." I'm being too greedy with you.

"Oh yeah? Want me to show you what barking really is?" You lightened up, not allowing yourself to be hallowed in gloom. Ash could only boop your nose and walked to another direction to which you trailed after behind him, ignoring all of the unorganized thoughts in your mind.

You'll deal with them later when Luciel is here.

—--—

Everyone was gathered in the living room where enough food for everyone was prepared. You were seated near Shorter, surprisingly, he haven't made quite a fuss throughout today. It made you question him more, why did Shorter lie to you? Your gaze landed on Yau-Si, standing idly on the side, when did his smile became eerie to you? You took a sip on the coffee you made yourself, you didn't want anyone messing with any of those you'd indulged in, not until everything is clear.

Max then received a call from Jessica, his face paled immediately at the sight of the caller ID. Ash caught on, teasing him that Jessica probably want some consolation money not unt Max started shouting at the phone, with how the man's voice cracked and that angry look on his face, things were about to get really ugly.

"Touch them and I'll put a bullet to your head!" Max exclaimed before the linr went dead. Ash decided to look for more firearms in which Yau-Si responded by getting his father's shotgun. Your anxiety filled you to the brim, you eyed Yau-Si and Shorter suspiciously, something's not right. That sentence repated in your head. It drove you crazy to the point where you almost wanted to pull on your hair at hoe stressful your mind became.

You walked towards Ash who busied himself with checking the load of his gun, you then tugged on the ends of Ash's shirt, snatching the attention of the lynx. "What's wrong?" His voice softened, he took in your current state; you were scratching your arm, face contorted, worry was evident in your whole demeanor.

"Don't go." You pleaded. To Ash, you resembled a dog not wanting to let his owner leave the house, shooting him with those puppy eyes that makes you want to melt in spot. He wanted to ease your worried but he had no time, Max's family is in dire position and he can't risk Max going alone, "I have to. I'll come back soon, I promise." He gave you a final tousle in your hair, whispering something to Shorter.

"Ash!" Shorter called out, you looked over to him, he clearly wanted to stay something but you noticed movements behind the two of you, you slightly turned your head, trying to see who it was through the corner of your eye.

Yau-Si?

His eyes caught yours, for a split second, you saw his eyes glint before being replaced by that smile again. You speculated that Yau-Si had something to do with the sudden change in Shorter's personality recently.

Ash closed the door, at the same time, your phone buzzed in your pocket. You pulled it out just to check if it was Luciel, you tucked it back down upon seeing it was indeed him. You walked passed Shorter and Yau-Si, heading over somewhere distant to the two of them. You answered the call, "Hoho, your defender of justice is here to save the day! Please step out and get in my spaceship!" You dashed out of the mansion through the back door to avoid any suspicions towards you.

You quickly spotted a red sportscar parked a few meters away from the house. The window rolled down, revealing your red-headed friend, flailing his arms at you. He opened the door for you and sat down in a flash. "Did you find anything?" You asked, breathless, both from how fast you were to get in his car and from your eagerness to finally clear your mind somehow.

"Anything? You belittle my skills too much, I found everything!" He gave you a folder with papers clipped inside. You flipped it open, the very first page had already confirmed your judgement against Yau-Si—he was to not be trusted.

"And (y/n)? I hate to break it to you but you don't happen to be with someone named Ash Lynx right?" Luciel played a recording of Yau-Si, or rather, Yut-Lung on the phone, receiving order to kidnap Ash.

"Shit." You cursed as you opened the car only for Luciel to pull you back in, earning a much harsh reply from you, "What the fuck Luciel?!"

"(y/n), are you really going back inside?! That Yut-Lung guy us in there and he'll drag you back to your own hell!" You shrugged his hold on you off and turned your back at him, hands gripping your dagger tightly, "I don't care."

Luciel sighed, there's nothing on him that could change your mind, he tossed you a small capsule, "That's a tracker. Hit the button and it will automatically send a distress signal. If anything is to happen to you, I'll come and save you. You got that?" You hid it in your shoe, "I owe you forever, Luciel." You ran back to the house with one thing on your mind: to get your earpiece and report to Ash.

"I tried to warn you (y/n). Now you have to choose between your past and your present.." Luciel stated as he kept watch on your retreating figure before driving away.

—--—

You had sneaked your way in, your head whipped towards the same living room as you heard Eiji, "Ibe? What's wrong?! Are you okay?!" You stilled in your spot, you were too late to warn them. No, I can still warn Ash, I just need to get pass them...You cursed yourself upon remembering that you left your earpiece on your jacket that was in the same room where you can hear the faint voices of Shorter and Yut-Lung.

Hesitantly, you took a step forward, you thought about fleeing at that very moment. Your head seem to have clung with Luciel statement that made your body paralyzed from fear; the thought of going back to that same position you were years ago, it made you question what you're about to do right now. You're not a hero, why in the world would you risk your own safety for them!

Shorter smirked, bending down to your eye level,"Then how about a real kiss for the chef?" He pointed at his cheek.

You put up yout arms, shielding your face from the sudden light. Eiji chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his head as he held the camera in the other. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. I was trying to take a candid picture of you." He showed you the screen of the camera, "But I don't think it turned out well." He admitted upon seeing the output.

The answer was simple, they are you friends.

"This is why I didn't want to get too attached to them." But that was easier said than done. You managed to calm yourself down, unsheathing your dagger, you weighed it in your hand before entering the room. Yut-Lung had his back faced to you, your focused your view on the jacket laid across the the table near Eiji and Shorter.

You took one deep breathe, before running towards your jacket in full speed, Shorter and Yut-Lung turned towards you, their eyes stayed on the blunt object you possessed. "(y/n)! No!" Shorter warned but you didn't listen, you jumped on the table, letting yourself tumble as your other free hand grabbed you jacket. You pointed your dagger at Yut-Lung, warning him to stay rooted as you put on your jacket.

"Ah, the lab rat. I wondered where you went." Yut-Lung was unfazed by how you wield your dagger, he can easily overpower you but decided to inflict  a bit more pain before he did. "Shorter, you know what to do." Shorter eyes wavered, there was no way Shorter could fight you. "You evil fucker." He uttered under his breath, his mockery only amused the latter,

"Do it or I'll kill her." This made you come at him, raising your dagger up in the air, slicing him through, he dodged your attack but that didn't stop you from not wanting to hurt him. Your pace sped up, you used your legs to kick him to the side. Yut-Lung swiftly stepped the other way, you smirked, "Just where I wanted you," you aimed your dagger straight at his chest, Yut-Lung's eyes widened, he didn't expect you to pull a move like that. You were still, of course, not a match for someoned trained like him, you had merely scratched his shoulder.

"My turn." Yut-Lung brought out the same long needle he used with Eiji and pricked you at the same spot. Your dagger fell out of your hands, Yut-Lung chuckled seeing you drop to the ground with a loud thud, eyes as lifeless as your form.

"Let's go, I'll handle this one." Yut-Lung carried you with ease, "I think I know which dress would suit you, Miss (y/n)." Shorter would much rather carry you and Eiji at the same time but he was in no room to protest. He could only vow to lay down his life before the two of his precious friends are hurt in any form.

Shorter held on to your cold hands as you were seated in between him and Yut-Lung, it pained to see the two of you lose the shimmer in both of you eyes, but then again, it must be his punishment. He did betray that one person who's loyalty he treasured the most.

—--–

Ash furiously slammed the door open, running around yelling each if your names, he came across Ibe unconscious on the floor. Max immediately sat him up, asking him what had happened despite the obvious signs that he dozed up in drugs.

Something flashy caught Ash's eyes, his heart sunk upon seeing a familiar object on the ground, it was your dagger.

Ash had never been so afraid until this very moment.

—--—

Hua-Lung acknowledged both parties effort for fulfilling their duties, he assured Shorter's future being secured.

"Don't get the wrong idea. I'm not leaving his side. Nor am I ever going to you!" Shorter's growled, he was fixated on your form that laid beside Yut-Lung, why was he keeping you close?

Shorter could only assume the worse as the doors opened and revealed another person he despised, Arthur.

Shorter, unable to keep his anger down, he criticized Arthur for being desperate to be on par with Ash; allowing himself to be at Golzine's feet. He ended with a provocative statement, "You'll never be better than Ash. You'll come to realize that sooner or later." Even at times like this, Shorter never failed to show where's his loyalty is truly at.

"What a loud mouth." The other chuckled knowing he had the upperhand this time no matter what Shorter yap about. "I can't careless. Just hand the boy and the girl over." Shorter protectively opened his arms, "Over my dead body." He wasn't going to let the two of you go in their hands without a fight, they'd had to kill him first and before they do, the two of you would already be dead by his hands; Shorter would want to shoulder your deaths rather than letting the two of you go through hell.

"Sorry, Papa Dino doesn't want a chinese stray cat. He was a black japanese cat and his lab rat back." Arthur's men suddenly surrounded Eiji, it was all the reason Shorter needed for him to pull out a small knife hidden in his shoes. He slammed his foot on the table, edge of the knife placed close to Eiji's neck, "Try to take him away and I'll rip his throat open." He kicked the table again and the men backed away at how fierce Shorter was.

Yut-Lung let out a laugh, the scene was too foolish for him. "Laugh if you want. What's it gonna be, Arthur?" Hua-Lung stood up to break off the fight before things are taken too the extreme. He suggested for Shorter to let him have his way, "I'll explain the situation myself." Shorter could only grit his teeth as Arthur backed off, only to stop walking upon seeing someone standing on the door.

"The girl, Yut-Lung, if you please." Shorter turned the other way, his eyes must have been playing tricks on himself...

The person who just entered the room smiled warmly at Shorter, "Looks like you know me but allow me to introduce myself to someone as charming as you."

"I'm Alistair, (y/n)'s twin sister."

—--—

OH NO WE'RE ALMOST APPROACHING THE DREADED SCENE IM AVOIDING TO WRITE ABOUR THE MOST.

Shorter sweetie, I love you. :(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...