π“π¨π°πšπ«ππ¬ 𝐓𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨...

By lady_inkflower

❝I'm sorry I wasn't your yesterday.❞ Elsa's life was deprived of happiness. Not until she found two stranger... More

1 - Applications.
2 - Questions.
3 - Undesirables.
4 - Discussions.
5 - Fantasies.
6 - Distances.
7 - Meanings.
8 - Definitions.
9 - Triggers.
10 - Countermeasures.
11 - Bullets.
12 - Strategies.
13 - Damages.
14 - Aftershocks.
15 - Reunions.
16 - Ceased Worries.
17 - Gatherings.
18 - Siblings.
19 - Trips.
20 - Panoramas.
21 - Little Things.
23 - Ultimatums (EP. 02)
24 - Granted Dreams.
25 - Wishes.
26 - Sugarcoatings.
27 - Hills.
28 - Confessions.
29 - High Stakes.
30 - Tests.
31 - Clouds.
32 - Tours.
33 - Doors.
34 - Nightmares.
35 - Promises.
36 - Runways (EP. 01)
37 - Runways (EP. 02)
38 - Runways (EP. 03)
39 - Runways (EP. 04)
40 - Runways (EP. 05)
41 - Surprises.
42 - Expressions.
43 - Conversations.
44 - Interviews.
45 - Midnight Roads.
46 - Midnight Memories.
47 - Celebrations (EP. 01)
48 - Celebrations (EP. 02)
49 - Celebrations (EP. 03)
50 - Revelations (EP. 01)
51 - Revelations (EP. 02)
52 - Dispersals.
53 - Stalemates (EP. 01)
54 - Stalemates (EP. 02)
55 - Remnants.
56 - Eclipses (EP. 01)
57 - Eclipses (EP. 02)
58 - Apologies.
59 - Displays.
60 - Flights.
61 - Judgements (EP. 01)
62 - Judgements (EP. 02)
63 - Abodes.
64 - Significance.

22 - Ultimatums (EP. 01)

235 11 0
By lady_inkflower

“She is quite sprightly, isn’t she?” Aiden smirked, letting his girlfriend nod with a bright smile right beside him—a proud mother’s smile, that’s what he would call it, it reached her eyes and whenever her gaze would find Claire she seemed to glow. They’ve been sitting around in the fancy café for nearly two hours now since they decided to take a break from all the walking.

The half-eaten chocolate soufflé in front of him didn’t stand a chance earning his attention; it was ridiculous he was looking for a gym in the middle of a week-long break.

Elsa chuckled, “She draws a lot. Her teacher always comments that she’s always at the top of her art class and no one could break the streak.”

“That’s pure talent,” Aiden smiled, “After all, I’ve seen more than enough pretty views and I haven’t drawn anything. I shouldn’t let the kid beat me to it.”

France—more likely Paris—is breathtaking and fascinating at the same time. No, he didn’t strut around donning a beret, but the last few hours have been fun. He brought his camera with him, and Elsa has commented a time or two that he has a knack for photography. Seeing the Mona Lisa personally trapped the breaths seeking exit down his throat since it truly was a nifty piece, alongside other paintings.

Elsa is a form of art herself. He was lucky that she never catches him sketching her existence wildly whenever she wasn’t looking.

There was another reason his satchel was heavy, besides the thick sketchpad and the case of different pencils. The Instax camera was loaded with enough polaroids to capture lasting moments, and so far each shot resembled an Elsa kissing his cheek with the Eiffel Tower in the background.

The Notre Dame Cathedral was another ‘woah.’ Anna has insisted on a group photo which she would probably later on post somewhere, the one where Aiden was the photographer since they couldn’t risk the media knowing about this, although to their eyes their relationship wasn’t something scandalous.

Yet, the society is judgemental as it is. The infamous “secret boss and secretary” relationship trope is another issue, an unspoken matter the couple couldn’t discuss.

It never did occur to him why Elgon didn’t publicize their formerly faux relationship for his advantage. At some point Aiden guesses the fallen businessman didn’t buy Elsa’s little act; and Elgon has zero chances to expose the real deal now with his tarnished reputation and his current state in jail.

The group made sure that the rest of the tourist spots can all be explored tomorrow. They didn’t want the fun to run out, while it never will, not as long as Anna’s around.

“Aiden, these are...”

Aiden scratched the nape of his neck, a deep blush gracing his cheeks; it seems that his girlfriend has found the sketches of herself. But instead of seeing the Elsa sketches he saw the DIFFERENT ones instead. A talent his university friends have made fun of, under not so embarrassing circumstances.

Elsa breathed out, finally completing her compliment, “Brilliant, and perfect.”

The blush painting his cheeks intensified, but chagrin never rose since sincerity was dripping off in every word of the woman silently gushing as she flipped past each unique page. The smile on her face kept gradually growing, and soon her eyes came in contact with his.

“Aiden. It’s not that I’m not glad I met you, and all... but... Why did you apply to be my secretary instead of a designer?”

“That position was already occupied,” Aiden explained, still flustered, “And I didn’t feel like my works was enough to impress your employer. When I was still studying in university I would always spend my free time reading the news about Arendelle Co. And... My admiration and respect for your company is way above the limits that I deem being your secretary a prestigious achievement.”

“You just love to doubt yourself don’t you?” Elsa frowned.

“Bad habits are hard to break,” Aiden mumbled.

“I can see that,” Elsa sighed, “Aiden, can I talk to you privately la–”

“Look, mama, look!” Before the CEO could react, a crisp paper was slammed to her vision, along with a tug on her skirt. Her nose wrinkled at the sudden scent of crayons, but she took her time to examine her daughter’s drawing with a smile of pride.

“You made this yourself?” Elsa sweetly asked, but the four-year-old’s talent wasn’t one to be questioned since it exceeded a skill for her preschool age.

She watched Claire vigorously nod, “This is a very good drawing baby. Maybe,” she dropped her voice to a low whisper, “This time you’ve earned yourself the colored pencils that you wanted.”

“Really?!” “Yes, really,” Elsa giggled, smoothing out the little girl’s bangs before pecking her cheek, “I think it’s time you rest a bit beside mama, love. And you’re all sweaty.”

“Colored pencils?” Aiden curiously asked, somehow intrigued. “She saw my pack of Prisma’s in the office,” Elsa informed, “And ever since then even a new Barbie couldn’t pry her wish away to have even a twelve piece case. To not spoil her, I allowed her to earn it by drawing more,” she smiled, and glanced at her little girl’s recent artwork on the table, “I think I have an artist on the way.”

“Auntie Anna!”

“Hey little one,” Anna cooed, looking like a person who has made a few stops by several stores assuming the struggling Kristoff nearly dropping a shopping bag in tow, “And lovebirds,” she shot a smirk to her sister.

“Give me one bag Uncle Kwistoff,” said Claire as she held out a hand, “I’ll help you with it.”

“That’s real nice of you, sweetheart, but I can manage,” Though that went off a bit unsure as another Dior shopping bag almost fell if it wasn’t for his foot.

“Here,” Aiden nods, taking four as if they weighed nothing, technically they were numerous pairs of shoes. “Thanks,” “No problem.”

“We should find lunch somewhere by now, it’s twelve,” Anna whined, “I’ve been craving for some grilled cheese sandwich all day although that’s not for lunch...”

“Anna you literally had a full course meal for breakfast,” Elsa laughed. The redhead shrugged, “That’s just one pancake to my digestive system,” Anna nonchalantly added, “I’m sure I’ve seen a few restaurants when we were walking. Let’s all go.”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The group had a rather hard time locating something ‘none-fancy’ to eat in, but thanks to Anna’s uneasy turns and looks, the search was over. Her choice however left her speechless due to her overwhelming satisfaction with the different cuisines in the all-you-can-eat buffet; it drove her older sister to the point where she pondered how could her sibling stay so slim with such an appetite.

The presence of noon soon came into its full appearance since the bright sky had simmered down into a shade paler, providing the perfect temperature to take a walk and melt recent calories—Aiden was the most energetic to do the activity.

“Anna,” Elsa whispered, slowing down to match the speed of her walk with the tight lipped girl, “Earth to Anna.”

“Mmh?” Anna turned to her, patting her sated stomach as she did.

“I need to talk to you.”

“You’re speaking to me right now, go spill,” Anna finally uttered a word. “Oh goodness. Well... I discovered something today and–” “Aiden’s abs?” Anna teased. “Yes–wait, what? No!” Elsa shook her head with a gasp, “It’s most definitely not that, Anna what the heck.” “Then what did you discover? The suspense is irritating.”

“Look,” Elsa seriously cleared her throat, and made sure her secretary was out of ear shot. “Aiden has a talent for designing. You should skim through his sketch pad. Anna, mama and papa have taught us all the elements and principles we should see to conclude what we saw is a good design, and Aiden has pages of those.”

“To be honest I am not surprised, your man doesn’t even look like a secretary since he looks like a person who can compete against Zac Efron in the gym, though taller. And I feel a problem coming.”

“But-” “Knew it,” “... I don’t want to force him or anything. It’s not that I want to make money off of his work, I just feel that... He’s someone who should be doing something more than reminding me of my next appointment. You get what I’m saying?”

“Yes, don’t worry,” Anna smiled.

“He’s got low self esteem,” Elsa sadly confirmed. “Terribly low.”

“Ah, anxiety.”

“I worry about him sometimes.”

“My sister has really fallen in love, hm?” Anna smirked.

“What do you mean?”

“Oh dear sis,” Anna wryly chuckled, “I knew you’d come around. Love is love, you can’t fend yourself from going with it. And you’re twenty four. It’s not that I’m expecting for you to be married at this age or anything, it just feels strange that the younger sister is the one who got married first.”

“... That subject aside. What should I do?”

“Well, you can’t do the convincing alone,” Anna grinned, “So I’m helping you. Or I’m gonna do everything, for the most part.”

“What convincing?” “Ya’know. For him to agree to the little job upgrade.”

“Another thing I’m worrying about. Once the media finds out about our relationship... I wouldn’t know how to deal with it, especially him, Anna. I don’t want it to look like he became a big shot because he’s with me.”

“With the media issue, I think that won’t happen. Not even a single journalist can enter the premises without facing big ol’ Marshmallow and his pal. I sure don’t want to add an obstacle, but the employees can’t avoid the gossip. And they’re the people who hang around you most of the time,” Anna groaned.

The redhead wasn’t finished talking. “Not to mention the damn board members who always dive in like everything’s they’re business. If only they weren’t appointed by papa and mama, I’d fire them in an instant.”

“Goodness...” Elsa frowned, “Aiden and I can’t hide forever.”

“I agree. But I’m sure we can sort this out,” Anna had a focused glimmer in her eye, “I think it’s time I enter Arendelle Co. America and run things a bit differently with you, with Uncle Fredrik now handling the Norwegian branch and Arendelle Capital Norway.”

“Thank you. This really means a lot,” Elsa flashed her a smile of gratitude, “I just hope he’ll agree.”

“While I also hope he will, anxiety’s not easy to deal with, El. I know you don’t want to invade his privacy, but I think you should talk to him about this low self esteem matter if it’s a little serious. It’s normal for a person to have this case but... Love also takes a little exploration to make sure you both are comfortable with one another. In short,” Anna smiled, “Trust. Trust is everything. And that’s something you and Aiden should develop.”

Elsa raised a brow, “But I trust him already.”

“Not that kind of trust, Elsie. The other kind of trust where he can share anything with you without stumbling upon his words. The kind of trust where he isn’t afraid to tell you a secret. And in turn, you must keep those just between you and him, darn I wouldn’t mind if you won’t tell me.”

“You sure know a lot,” Elsa smiled in amusement.

“I know. Am I not just the perfect cupid?” Anna cheered in pride.

“Perhaps a counselor suits you more.”

“Oh. You got a point. But do remember,” Anna smirked, “The yes and no is up to him later.”

Elsa nervously fumbled with her fingers.

“Indeed.”

To be continued
on the next chapter...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 4.3K 24
Love is one of the most powerful feelings that you can experience in your lifetime. Once you find the right person, every single drop of effort will...
122K 4.3K 15
ᯐ π…π‘πˆπ†πˆπƒ ( π™΅πšπ™Ύπš‰π™΄π™½: 𝙱𝙾𝙾𝙺 𝟷 ) ─────────────────── ❝ π‡πŽπ– π‚πŽπ”π‹πƒ π˜πŽπ” 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 π‹πŽπ•π„ π’πŽπŒπ„πŽπŒπ„ π‹πˆπŠπ„ πŒπ„..?❞ ❝..𝐈...
41.8K 1.7K 31
Elsa never expected to find love. But one day, a mysterious warrior princess from a dangerous place walked through the gates of Arendelle and stole t...
373K 11.9K 26
You are (Y/N), whose origins are next to unknown as you are found by the head servant of the Arrendelle Monarch on the outskirts of their kingdom...