Wheels Down in 30

By Dragon_T9

" People hurt people all the time Aaron, and sometimes when your life is filled to the brim with hurt, you ca... More

~ epigraph ~
~ prologue ~
~ innocent card ~
~ camera man ~
~ just peachy ~
~ bed time story ~
~ thighs ~
~ assignment ~
~ germs ~
~ faye fairy ~
~ serial killer ~
~ childish ~
~ drug lord ~
~ you sound like rossi ~
~ he is adorable is he not ~
~ wine or tequila fucked up ~
~ i'm a genius ~
~ accented voice ~
~ warm tears ~
~ diplomatic immunity ~
~ impulse ~
~ whole fucking world ~
~ gaslighter ~
~ phone call ~
~ cologne ~
~ everyone copes differently ~
~ becuase i could ~
~ he doesnt ~
~ shes the boss ~
~ you are hurting my feelings ~
~ consent is a thing ~
~ trachea ~
~ hannah ~
~ local bistro ~

~ i'm not dense ~

5.6K 161 37
By Dragon_T9

Part 3
4 years later

~ children must be taught how to think, not what to think ~

I glare at the Bobby in front of me, "I understand sir it's not-"

"This is why we stick women with the meaningless jobs, then they don't fuck important things up." He cuts me off with a harsh glare. I stare at him, squirming slightly, carefully choosing my next words as I drop my hand.

I shake my head, "Sir, with all do respect, I'm the SFA, you are a cop, who achieved more in there life? I am trying to kindly explain to you what my boss explained to me. If you don't agree with how we  do are jobs trust me, we aren't the FBI, we have no problem going around you, although it's not preferred." I calmly state, "Now if you'll excuse me." I stand up, walk around him, out to one of the SUV's, hopping in.

Damn fucking small minded assholes.

I slam my door closed, pulling out of the driveway. My phone goes off and I connect it to the car's Bluetooth, "Valentino." I answer in a hard voice. I earn a light chuckle back.

'You sound just like Hotch.'

I accelerate lightly in response to Aaron's name, subconsciously looking at the small charm bracelet around my wrist. The gold complimented my skin tone, the fond memory of receiving the gift playing in my head.

I smile down at Jack, ruffling his hair one last time. Although me and Aaron had broken up, is that even possible?, as promised, I made as much time as I could to see Jack, "I love you mister Jack," I murmur, blinking back warm tears.

He smiles up at me, "I love you too Dani." He then skips away, not really comprehending this was our goodbye, goodbye. I suck in a deep breath trying to even my breathing.

Turning around, I meet honey eyes, the ones I had deliberately been avoiding, "Hey." he lightly chats.

I force a smile, "Hi.'

"Jack and I got you something.." he trails off, holding a box out to me. I glance at it, a good distraction from those honey eyes that were slightly glistening with tears. I swallow thickly, gently taking the blue box from his hand.

I mumble a small thank you, slipping the box into my purse.

It had ended up being a simple bracelet. Two thin but sturdy gold chains clasped together with 3 oval charms with letters inscribed into them. A, J, and E.

Aaron.

Jack.

Everette.

I had added the latter when she was born, it felt right.

"I understand now why he was never excited to answer his phone."

'Don't be so negative Dani.'

"Emily do you have a reason for calling me or.."

'Of course I do.'

I stay silent, waiting for her to continue. She grumbles something I didn't quite catch, before huffing out an exaggerated sigh, 'I just wanted to know how my little B was?'

My blinkers click on, "She's with her babysitter,"

'And how's Clyde?'

"As narcissistic as ever."

'Are you coming to Virginia to visit anytime soon?'

"Well Eve is almost 5 so I assume we'll be heading down for her birthday, Penelope insisted."

Emily falls silent. I knew what she was about to say, I guess having the same job she does now helped. Profiling was something you couldn't easily turn off, it was a heart warming feeling that Aaron tried. I had decided that instead of continuing with communications, I would take a new journey into behavioral science. I never wanted to be lied to again, with the exception of my abnormally smart child  who thought she could get away with anything.

'Do you think you'll ever tell Hotch?'

I pull up to my flat, "Eve and I have a good life here in London. She's a smart girl, and if or when she is ready to meet her father, I will allow her to without a second thought. It's her right. But I won't go out of my way to bring Aaron back into my life or her life, it's not fair for either of us."

Emily hums in response, 'Well we miss you.'

I growl in frustration, "Who found out?"

'What do you mean? No-'

"Emily!" I cut her off, aggressively turning off my car. She only pulled the I miss you card every time someone found out about Everette.

'Okay, Spencer was with JJ when you called asking a question about Everette. He recognized your voice and put two and two together even though JJ claimed you were babysitting.'

"Mother fucking- shit, great. Now more people know than people who don't know. That's just what I need. Penelope can barely keep a secret but Reid? He'll slip up as soon as Aaron uses his dad voice."

Emily sighs, 'On the bright side, Dave and Derek don't know.'

"Gee golly, thanks."

'Know what?' a familiar baritone voice asks.

I slap my steering wheel, "Great just fucking great. If this gets to Aaron and he comes knocking on my door I will beat your ass Emily!" I shout, hanging up the phone. Holding my head in my hands, I let out a deep breath. Everette, named after her father, was a secret for a reason. Not only would it affect Aaron's life but ours as well. I can't depend on him to be around nor can I trust him to. I mean its been 4 years, I've changed and I'm sure he has as well.

I have a life in London and I'm not going to uproot myself or Eve until she's ready. I'm not dense, I know she'll want to meet her father eventually, I just know that, that little girl is smart and she knows there is more to the story than me just up and leaving.

Grabbing my bag, I exit my vehicle, entering my flat. Macy, Eve's babysitter sends me a small smile, "She's just cleaning up her room." the older women explains, pointing towards the stair case.

I smile warmly at her, opening the safe behind a picture of Emily, JJ, Penelope, Eve and I, with a magnetic pen from my purse. I click in the code carefully and when it pops open I place my gun and badge inside, shutting it. I toss my pen into my purse, "Thank you Macy, your check should be on it's way in the mail for this month, extra since I've been getting home late a lot."

Macy just shakes her head, "Don't worry about it chica, I love Eve, she's a sweetheart." she states.

I set my purse on the dining room table, "Thank you."

"Well I better be going." she motions towards the door.

I move out of her way, "Of course,"

As soon as she leaves, a onesie clad child sized meteorite flies down the stairs, slamming into my side. I laugh gently, "Wow E, your like the flash." I comment, picking up my darling daughter.

She shakes her head in distaste, "I don't like the flash," she complains.

I smile at her, "Oh of course, well you slammed into me like the hulk, your favorite." I joke, walking us to the living room.

She looks at my face quickly before glancing away, "Like Jack?" she asks carefully.

I nod, "Mhm, Jack loved the hulk, it was his favorite superhero too."

I sit down on the couch, knowing she was going to ask questions like she always did when she brought up Jack or Aaron.

She maneuvers her body to face me, "And what about daddy? Did he like the hulk?"

I nod, "He did, although his favorite superhero was Captain America." I tell her.

She smiles widely, "Just like uncle Derek." this time I nod staying silent.

Derek was the one I thought would find out about Everette first, it was a honest surprise he didn't put two and two together when I was completing my two weeks. I was around him the most, and mood swings and constantly being sick in the morning was something he didn't take notice to. He probably thought I was just sick of my job.

"Do you miss uncle Derek?"

"I do, he was like my big brother."

"Do you think I'll ever meet him?"

I swallow thickly, "Do you want to?"

She goes silent for a moment, studying my face, "Are you ever going to tell me why you left?" she asks.

I laugh slightly, "Sometimes it sucks that you got the inquisitive gene, always needing the answers."

She smiles again, "Did I get that from you or daddy?"

I ruffle her hair slightly, "Both of us, that's why your so smart."

She giggles, adjusting herself again, "Why'd you leave daddy?"

I pull her into me, wrapping my arm around her, "Well, your daddy and I- he lied to me about some really important stuff and when I found out, I knew that him and I were not going to work. Things were way to complicated and when I found out I was going to have you I knew that it would make things ten times more crazy if I told him. So I didn't. That's on me. We'll never know if he wanted to be in your life at that time or not, all we can do is think of now and whenever your ready, if you ever are, I'll tell him and hopefully you can meet him." I try my best to explain, my eyes trailing to my bracelet once again.

Eve nods, curling into me, "Do you think if you told him he'd want me?"

I rub my hand gently up and down her arm, "Aaron wouldn't be one to let you go so easily, I think that's one of the reasons I didn't tell him and that was selfish of me. But your daddy would be a fool if he didn't want you." I state, kissing the top of her head.

She glances up at me, "Can we stop with the emotions and watch a Disney movie?" she questions.

I laugh gently, grabbing the remote from beside me, "Definitely." just like her daddy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 3.9K 25
When Y/N joins the BAU, a certain young doctor can't help but notice her. highest rank : #12 in spencer
12.3K 273 26
Just our favorite agents and doctor doing what agents and doctors do... Containing just a hint of Jemily and Moreid...
350K 5.1K 18
Spencer Reid Aaron Hotchner Derek Morgan David Rossi
2.2K 134 34
The BAU faced so many downturns but with a sudden budget increase and some timely encounters, the team might just be able to move with the times.