Eres Academy :School of The R...

By cassiopp3ia

HEIRS SERIES #1 ~Eres Academy~ Paige Bennet is a commoner. Wealth i... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44.
EPILOGUE
Author's note
Heir's series #2 book trailer

29

10K 405 208
By cassiopp3ia

Paige.

"Road to 4th year!" Aicko exclaimed.

I gave her a high five. She was right. I entered Eres at my 3rd year of college and the school year's ending meaning, 4th year is just around the corner and when we become 4th years then it'll be a matter of 1 more year till we graduate and start with our careers.

"When we graduate, My parents would immediately make me take a seat in our company." Aicko said. "How bout you?"

I'm in the school's library with Aicko, Shari, and Eloise. They all are on a break with fixing their valentine's fair booths so we all decided to have a chat at the cool airconditioned library.

"For sure, they'd make me take on my duties." Eloise sighed. "And I guess I'll just watch my sister go up the steps and take her place as Queen of France." She sipped on her glass of water

Shari laughed. "My parents will for sure make me the CEO of our company." She placed down her glass. "I mean I've got the company's biggest shares next to my parents."

I just kept quiet, it must be happy to be like them, not afraid about what life holds once they graduate, they've got their whole life planned out, some says that it's a bad thing but I for one would wish my life was planned out than having a life not sure if I'd be a success or not.

I frowned when I realized what I was thinking. No I will be successful. I thought to myself. I'm claiming it.

"How bout you Paige?" They turned to me. "What's your plans after you graduate?"

I suddenly fell silent.

When they noticed my lack of answer Aicko asked again.

"What course do you plan on taking next school year?"

I knew why we were having this conversation, it's because we will soon be moving up to fourth year and when that happens, the royals will be separated from the rich who are aspiring businessmen and all the other college courses. We will all soon be focusing on our main courses and it'll be my choice onto what course would I take. I need to think this through.

"You could go to medicine, law, engineering, architecture." Eloise counted the options on her hand. "It wouldn't really matter what course, they all have it here."

"Or you could take business and be with Shari and I." Aicko suggested. "Most of us in our year batch are taking business. " Aicko turned to Eloise. "Well except for the royals and the other few who have different ambitions."

Eloise sighed. "Next year will be a lot different from this one."

I knew what she meant. This year, I've gotten used to being around both the royals, the rich, and the commoners just like myself. Next year, although I'd still see them at the cafeteria or the school hallways, we wouldn't be taking classes together anymore. Those who wants to be doctors and other courses have their own classes, the businessmen who are majority of my classmates will be together, and the royals will have their own classes.

"So what do you think Paige?" Shari asked this time. "You really don't have anything in mind?"

"Actually." A smile formed on my lips. "I think I should take business."

All my friends smiled.

"Good choice." Aicko nodded.

"Yeah." Eloise agreed. "95% of the business students here at Eres become successful businessmen and women, both the born rich and the commoners.

That made my inside feel easy. Suddenly I became so sure about my life's next step. "What about the 5%?" I got curious.

"Oh, those are the ones who failed in grades." Shari answered. "You might forget that Eres is also strict in grades, the school is living up to it's title, as the world's number one school of producing the world's future leaders and most successful men and billionaires the world has."

"And if your grades don't live up to the school's standard, then you're out." Eloise added.

"Oh yeah." I nodded. "I forgot about that part." Good thing grades aren't a problem for me, I'm an achiever and I'm living that up.

After a whole day of assisting my friends with each of their club's booths, I decided to go back to my dorm early to cook dinner for Aicko and I, for sure she'd be exhausted when she gets back later, today everyone's going all out with their booths since Valentine's week starts tomorrow.

I decided to take a walk home instead of waiting for someone to drive me to the dorm, since Blake has football practice and the rest are busy with their booths, I'd just walk to the square and get some exercise.

When I got to the dorm, I immediately changed into my loose clothes and I fixed my hair into a bun before I pulled out my unfinished school work. I needed to finish this before Valentine's week starts because I'd be too preoccupied by then. When I finished my school work, I pulled out my phone and dialed Mom.

It's been a while since I last talked to her, I've been too busy to call her these past few weeks and so has she. I placed the phone back in my pocket when she didn't pick up. She's probably still at work, I'll just try to call her again later.

_________________________

The day went by and the Valentine's week started. I got shocked at how all the clubs went all out to put up their booths. There were lights here and there, since the booths were for everyone, the school opened it's gates to the other schools for them to also enjoy.

There was even a huge wall where people would write letters for their crushes anonymously. I found it quite romantic and cute.

"You should try the marriage booth." Aicko advertised her club's booth as we strolled through the fair. "I could give you a VIP pass." She chuckled.

"VIP pass?" I laughed. "Is that even necessary?"

"You'll see."

When we got closer to the marriage booth, I knew what she meant. A lot of people were in line.

"Wow." I eyed the bunch of people, some were from our school and the others were unfamiliar, probably from other schools. "People sure like to get married."

"They really like signing up pairs." Shari chuckled. "I feel bad for the pairs they sign up, they'd be blindfolded and pulled by force into the marriage booth and boom they're getting married."

"Oh so that's how it goes." I laughed. "I guess the paired victims hate the tent."

"Well actually the girls love the tent." Aicko said. "Most of them enter the tent just to see Kile."

"What?" I laughed, I almost forgot that he's the priest.

The whole fair is splendid even if it's just the first day, there were amusement rides from a certain club. I waved at Aiden when I spotted him with his booth which also had a long line. Students from other schools would have their mouths dropped whenever they'd see a Royal and A rich student, I laughed when I saw Aiden surrounded by a bunch of girls from different schools. I spotted some squires from Excalibur, looks like even them came to join the fair, some Knights were also on the look out, I even saw Nile walking with two Knights behind her. Well of course safety is still a must for this school.

My mouth watered when I saw many students walk around with corndogs, cotton candy and other snacks. I turned to the girls. "If I go missing, you'll know where to find me."

The both laughed. After some more strolls in the fair, they both took shifts at their booths. Eloise was still at her booth so I strolled alone. During the fair, We Eresians weren't required to wear uniforms, but we still needed to wear our nameplates. Since I had my bronze nameplate on, people from different schools would stop by and ask me about Eres and others would say that I was so lucky. Of course I stopped by to be polite but when I had enough, I hid my nameplate in my pocket and walked to the food stands. Finally!

I got a box of popcorn and watched as many students walked by. I found it funny, until now I still haven't seen Blake.

I started strolling again with my popcorn when I suddenly spotted Ram as he was walking through the crowd keeping his head low with a hood on. Probably to avoid the attention. One thing I know is, he's pretty famous even beyond the campus walls.

I stopped walking when he was in front of me. He probably thought that he could use this as a disguise but sorry, it doesn't work on me.

I went to his back and tapped on his shoulder. "Hey."

I got shocked when he jumped the second I tapped him. He then turned his head slightly.

"Oh thank God it's just you Paige." He sighed in relief.

"Why?" I asked.

"Nothing." He chuckled.

I was about to ask why he was hiding when I suddenly remembered to ask about Blake.

"Uhm have you seen Blake around?" I asked. "Coz I haven't seen him the whole morning."

"Oh." He laughed. "Sorry, that's my fault."

My brows scrunched. "Why?"

He made me come closer for him to whisper and I did as he said.

"I signed him and Kile for jail-booth." Ram laughed.

Before I could react someone called.

"Ram!" two voices shouted in unison.

I turned to where the voices came from. A few feet in front of us, Blake and Kile were standing both in hoodies and shorts but my eyes went to their hands and I burst out laughing.

Kile's left hand was handcuffed to Blake's right one. And now here they are stuck together.

"Uh-oh gotta run." Ram wore his hood back on. "Bye Paige." He laughed and made a run for it.

Blake and Kile looked furious. They made their way through the crowd to get to Ram that both of them didn't notice me. I just laughed and walked on.

I suddenly got a text from Aicko.

From: Aicko

Kile's missing in action, and we don't have a priest.

I laughed.

To: Aicko

Big problem.

From: Aicko

And guess what.

To: Aicko

What?

From: Aicko

They made me the priest.

I laughed again.

The valentine's week went on. I soon got together with Blake and we did fun activities together, I also went on the amusement rides with the girls and I had dinner with Blake, we'd also enjoy the Valentine themed square at the end of the day. It was fun.

The week went by quickly till Friday came. It marked the last day of the fair and Valentines day.

"Wake up sleepy head!" I heard Aicko's voice.

I opened my eyes and groaned. "I'm still tired." I complained. Well because we all stayed up late last night at the fair.

"I am too but our makeup artists are here." Aicko tapped my back.

My eyes suddenly opened when I remembered. It's the soiree tonight. I immediately sat up. 

"What time is it?"

Aicko laughed. "It's 1 in the afternoon."

"Oh shit." I scrambled out of bed and into my bathroom.

"And Happy Valentines!" She called.

"Happy Valentines!" I called back before entering the bathroom. Why did I sleep in? It's already 1 and the Soiree's at 6. I took a bath and afterwards wore a loose shirt and went to the kitchen to have brunch. The living room was set up for Aicko's makeup stylists. They were already working on Aicko. I brushed my teeth after I ate and sat on the couch while they applied make up on Aicko.

I suddenly noticed a big bouquet of flowers in the dining table. It wasn't there last time. "Who are these from?" I asked.

"Oh they're mine." Aicko answered.

I smirked at her from the mirror. Guess she's getting progress with her fling.

"Oh by the way, Eloise told me she got a love letter." Aicko eyed me from the mirror. "From you know." She chuckled.

I just laughed. It's so cute that Eloise got a letter from her squire boyfriend. Aicko and I just couldn't say it out loud since of course, it's forbidden.

Seeing all the gifts my friends have. I opened my phone to see if Blake sent me anything.

From: Blake

Happy Valentines.

That was all. My brows scrunched but I still replied.

To: Blake

Happy Valentines day.

I waited for him to seen it but he didn't so I just kept my phone.

When Aicko finished I waited for the stylists to pick up and leave but they didn't.

"It's your turn." Aicko tapped me.

I frowned. "What?"

Aicko rolled her eyes. "Make up."

My brows scrunched. "No thanks I think I-"

Before I could finish my sentence the two makeup stylists pulled me towards the vanity and before I knew it they were starting to apply some makeup on me.

"Please just keep it light." I pleaded as they started holding weird appliances. Makeup tools I think.

I just kept my eyes closed, and I kept squirming in my seat because makeup really makes me feel uncomfortable.

I then faced the mirror in front of me. I came face to face with my light brown eyes.

"Dear." The makeup artist said as she started taking my hair out of the bun. "Have you ever thought about being a model?" She asked.

I frowned. "Uh never."

"Well your light brown eyes and blonde hair does give you that effect, not all coz you just don't flaunt it."

I didn't know how to answer that question so I just smiled.

"Would you like to iron your hair?" The other stylist asked.

My eyes suddenly widened. "Wait why? What's wrong with my hair?"

"A bit puffy for me." The stylist said. "Lets iron it straight."

"Wait no." I squirmed in my seat. "I like my hair just the way it is."

I frowned when both the stylists laughed. "Ok ma'am."

Thank God.

When the stylists finished, I checked the time, it was already 3 in the afternoon. Aicko and I changed into our dresses for the soiree. I had an orange sleeveless gown which I didn't pick, while Aicko had a black elegant backless dress with a slit on it. Good thing mine didn't have a slit.

My dress had straps, too bad it didn't have sleeves, I was planning on wearing a jacket but Aicko was right, it'd be ugly.

The stylists styled my hair in a low bun and I wore the earings Aicko got me. Aicko had her hair down and curled. We both looked elegant. The only feeling that didn't sit right with me was that Blake still hasn't contacted me yet.

"Maybe he's busy." Aicko said. She must've noticed me eyeing the phone. 

"Yeah." I kept the phone in my purse. "Maybe he is." 

At 4:30 Aicko and I left the dormitory building, before we left I kept Blake's valentines gift in my purse and Aicko and I went straight to Shari's room. She also was elegantly dressed. Afterwards we met up with Eloise and We took pictures at the photogenic parts of the square. Soon Nile, Diana, and Isabel came and they too took pictures with us. 

After a while of picturing the sun went down and it was soon time for us to head to the Soiree's venue which was in the campus' ballroom located beside the school. 

Almost all of them had dates so they were going to ride with their dates to the venue, I had a date, I just don't know where he is.

Suddenly, a familiar black car came into view and drove into the parking lot. 

"Look who's here." Aicko nudged me. 

I'm just glad that he's still alive. I waved bye to the girls and walked towards where his car was parked. 

He got out of his car, he was wearing a black tuxedo and black slacks which really matched his black hair. "Hey." kissed me on my cheek. 

"Hi." 

He opened the shotgun seat for me. I was about to sit down but my eyes widened once the car door opened. 

There on the seat was a bouquet of chocolate roses, and a velvet box.

"Wow." I laughed and picked up the bouquet. "Chocolate roses?"

"I know you're not a fan of flowers." He said.

"How'd you know about that?" I raised my brow.

He chuckled. "I just do."

My eyes diverted to the velvet box. "What's this?"  I was about to reach for it when he stopped me. He looked nervous. I noticed as sweat rolled down his forehead. 

"What's wrong?" I was curious.

He sighed. "Here." He gave me the box. 

"You're acting weird." I opened the box, my eyes widened when a sweet aroma greeted me as I opened it's lid, when it was fully opened, I stared in awe at the blueberry cheesecake in front of me.

"Happy Valentines." Blake smiled.

I turned to him in awe. "You made this?" 

"Took us all morning." Ram suddenly appeared behind us. 

Blake turned to him and frowned. 

"Don't mind me, don't mind me." He placed his hands up in the air. "I'm just minding my own business." He turned to me. "You look good by the way." He winked at me before entering his gold sports car which was beside Blake's, then he drove away. 

I looked back at Blake. "No wonder I couldn't contact you?" 

He nodded. "Sorry, mixing was really a challenge." He eyed the cake. "Sorry the icing isn't that good, and the-"

"Blake." I stopped him. "I love it, thankyou." I tiptoed to kiss him on the cheek. No one's ever baked a cake for me before, it was always the other way around.

I laughed. "I never knew that one day you'd actually bake." 

"Only for you."  He answered.

I felt my cheeks heat up. Anyways, I reached inside my pouch and pulled out a small box. "This is for you." I handed him the box. "Happy Valentines day."

He took the box and opened it, revealing a silver pen with his initials engraved to it.

"One day, you'll become the CEO of your family's business." I took the pen out of the box and placed it in his hand. "I hope that you'll make the right choices and get to sign contracts with this pen when that time comes." I smiled at him. "Hopefully this pen would remind you that I'll always be here for you, every step of the way." I smiled at him. 

I was taken by surprise when he suddenly leaned towards me and kissed me. "Thankyou." He said.

After the gift giving, we drove to the venue. I noticed some people giving out Roses to all the boys who enters the building. Blake got a Rose and together we walked inside the ballroom. It was a huge domed building with food tables in the sides. When we got there, I left Blake with Ram and Kile and I joined Aicko and the girls.

"Oh there you are Paige." Nile said when I took a seat with them. 

"Hi." I smiled. "Why are they giving out Roses to the boys?" I asked.

"Oh you don't know?" Diana said in shock.

"Sorry." Aicko apologized. "I forgot to tell you."

"Anyways here's how it goes." Nile started to explain. "Every Valentine's soiree, it's a tradition that every boy is supposed to be given a Rose upon the entrance of the soiree and during the night party, they will have to hand it to the person they like." 

"Got it?" Aicko asked.

"Oh, so that's what it's for." I nodded. 

"For years, I've been waiting for Aiden to hand me one." Diana sighed. "But hopefully this year he will." 

"Fingers crossed." Isabel said.

"But what happens if the boy fails to give it to the person he likes?" I thought. 

"Then he'll just have to send it anonymously." Diana sipped on her glass. "Oh I receive many Roses each year but non of them matters since non of them are from the person I like." Diana sighed. 

"I hope I'll be the new rose champion this year." Nile said. 

"We'll see about that." Diana challenged. 

"Who was the winner last year?" I asked. 

"Oh it was Lonnie." Nile answered. "She always wins this game so hopefully I'd win this time."

"I miss Lonnie and Khrysie." Diana sighed. The other Princesses kept quiet, but I knew for sure, they all missed their friends.

While the girls continued comparing about their number of roses from last year's soiree. Aicko and I went to Shari who's just entered the ballroom with a box of chocolates in her hand.

"You sure you're gonna do this?" Aicko asked.

"Yes, I am." She nodded. 

The soiree went on. Sometimes Aicko would drag me to the dancefloor to dance. While Nile, Isabel, and Diana would be receiving roses from their admirers. Eloise wasn't here, she's probably on a secret date with her squire boyfriend.

Aicko suddenly tapped me. 

"Mm?" I turned to her.

"She's confessing." She pointed to Shari on the other corner of the ballroom who was talking to Ram while handing him the box of chocolates that she got for him. Ram looked pretty sharp tonight, he had a glass of champagne on one hand.

I was watching intently but I couldn't make up what they were talking about.

"Here she comes." Aicko elbowed me when Shari started walking back. There wasn't any expression on her face so we couldn't tell if it was good news or bad news. 

"How'd it go?" Aicko asked when she came to us.  

Shari shook her head. 

My heart suddenly sank for her. "Come here." I pulled her into my arms and I heard her soft cry. 

Aicko patted her back. "It's ok."

"He said that we're good as friends." Shari said in an almost whisper. 

"Shh." I shushed her. "It's going to be ok." I patted her back.

_____________________________________________________

The night went on, even after Shari's heartbreak. My eyes lit up when I spotted Aiden with his friends. 

I approached him. "Hey." 

"Hi Peggy!" He smiled at me. 

I looked down at the Rose in his hand. "Are you planning on giving that to anyone or are you going to keep it for yourself?" I eyed him.

"Self love is the greatest love." He laughed. "So I'll keep it to myself."

I rolled my eyes. "Is that what you've been doing with your Rose every soiree?" 

"No." He said defensively. "I've always planned on giving my Rose to someone."

"The question is did you give it?" I raised my brow.

"Never had the chance to." He scratched the back of his head. "It always gets withered before it gets to her."

"Maybe because you're to scared to approach her that's why it withers." I rolled my eyes. "What am I going to do with you?" I faced him. "How bout now? When are you going to give it?"

"I'll keep it to myself." He hugged the rose. 

"Weirdo." I laughed. "Anyways, it's valentines and you don't have a date."

"What's wrong with th-"

I cut him off and signaled Diana to come. Just as planned she came giving Aiden a sweet smile.

"Happy Valentines." She said shyly.

Aiden frowned at me but then look at Diana and scratched his nape. "Happy valentines?" It sounded like a question.

I wanted to hit him there and then. No wonder he doesn't get any girlfriends. 

"I'll leave you to it." I winked at Diana and she mouthed thankyou to me. 

I was about to head back to our table when someone got a hold of my hand. 

"Want some fresh air?" Blake asked.

I nodded. "I'd like that very much."

I followed him, as we passed by our table, I took the box of cake and Blake and I headed to the outside of the building, there were tables and chairs there and so were other couples. We took a seat and we opened the cake. "Lets try it." I said.

He still seemed shy about the cake, this was a new side of him and I thought it was cute. 

I got my fork and took a bite from the cheesecake. "Mm It's good!" I said to him. It was really good, although some of the flavors weren't perfectly balanced it still was great for a beginner like him.

"You don't have to lie."   

"No I'm not." I got another slice. "Try it." I made him taste it and he did.

"Good isn't it?" 

He nodded. 

I felt touched that he still went through all the effort for this. 

After we ate, the party went on, until we all were called to go outside to the garden for the fireworks. When we got out, the sky was still dark and the fireworks hasn't yet started. 

I stood beside Blake. Everyone did the countdown and the fireworks started. I stared in awe of the lights and colors. Everyone was cheering and the lights perfectly lit up the night. I felt Blake's hand rest on my back. 

"Hey." I called his attention."

He turned to me. 

"Today's perfect." I smiled. "Thankyou."

He smiled back to me. "Not yet." He suddenly pulled out his rose from behind his back and handed it to me. 

 I smiled and looked up to him. "I love you."

"I love you." He kissed my forehead. 

After the firework show, we gathered back to our group of friends. Blake went inside with his friends while I told Aicko and the other girls to go on while I look for Shari. I found her near under the tree. 

"Hey." I called her. "Lets go inside?"

She sighed and nodded. On the way inside, I made her go first when I spotted Kile, he was alone looking up at the dark sky.

"You go first." I told Shari. "I'll follow."

She nodded and went back inside. I then looked at Kile, he seemed like he was enjoying himself looking up at the darkness. 

"Hey." I called him. "The fireworks are over."

"I know." He answered without looking away from the sky.

"Don't you wanna come in?" I asked. "If rebels are around it would be so easy for them to shoot you." I warned him.

He didn't answer. 

"Suit yourself." I started walking back to the inside.

"You know." He suddenly said.

I turned to him. 

He continued and turned to me. "I'm not going to be a good king."

 I frowned. "Why are you saying that?"

"Because I need to accept it." He turned to me. "For me to do something about it." He smiled.

The next thing I knew, he already left inside leaving me out here. What was he talking about?

After the soiree, we all headed back to our dorms. Blake drove me back and I went to our room and washed up quickly before I jumped in bed.  I got to sleep immediately.

"Paige." I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I opened my eyes to see Aicko in front of me, "What?" I rubbed my eyes and searched for my clock for the time, I frowned when I saw it. "It's just 6:30." I complained. I went to sleep last night at 3 am.

"Sorry." Aicko apologized. "It's just that my head is hurting so bad and my eyesight is spinning." She rubbed her head.

"Ok, how many cocktails did you drink last night?" I asked.

"Lost count." Aicko pouted.

"Oh fine." I rubbed my eyes. "I'll get you some pain killers from the store." I stood up and got my jacket. "You wait here."

"Oh thankyou Paige!" 

"Now gets some sleep, you're hangover will just worsen." 

She nodded and went back to her room. I straightened my jacket and brushed my teeth and washed my face before heading downstairs. I made a run to the drugstore and got some painkillers. The faster I get back, the faster I could get back to sleep.

I walked through the lobby headed to the elevator when the lady at the desk called me.

"Miss Bennet?" The lady called.

I pointed to myself in confusion. 

"Yes you." The lady confirmed.

Wow that was stupid. I walked towards the counter. "Yes?"

"Someone left something for you." She said and crouched down her desk and came back up with a paperbag.

"Really? Who?" I held the paperbag.

"The one who gave it preferred to be anonymous."

My forehead scrunched. "Ok thankyou." I smiled and walked back up the elevator and went back to our dorm room. I placed the pain killers and a glass of water on Aicko's bedside table and I sat on the living room couch ready to open the paper bag.

I opened it and my eyes widened. It was a rose, from the one's last night at the soiree. 

This couldn't be from Blake, he already gave me one. I examined the rose, it was still in good condition. I then noticed a small note left inside the paper bag. I pulled it out and read it. 

Thankyou for everything

Goodbye Paige

I suddenly felt like I knew whom these words were from. 

It can't be. I looked at the Rose. Kile?

I suddenly stood up and fixed my jacket and headed out the dorm once again. I went down the elevator and ran out of the dorm and headed to the Royal Male's dormitory. With confusion filled in my head. I deserve an explanation. I entered the Male's dormitory making the girl in the lobby's desk surprised.

I approached her. 

"Miss I'm sorry but girls aren't allowed in this building."

"I won't take long." I said. "But please may I please have you call Kile Astley?"

The lady blinked.

"Prince Kile Astley." I repeated.

"Oh." The lady nodded. "I'm sorry Miss but the Prince moved out from the dormitory just 10 minutes ago."

My eyes widened. "Moved out?" Then the words in the note made sense. Goodbye?!

"He left? Without giving me any explanation for all of this?!" I can still catch him. I thanked the lady and went out of the door when the car in front of me rolled down it's window. 

"Come on." Aicko said. I nodded and entered the car and she drove. 

"I guess your hangover's gone?"

"Looks like it."

She drove swiftly, in all hopes that I could catch him.

"There he is!" Aicko exclaimed when we spotted many guards and maids fitting his luggage into the trunk of the limousine.

My eyes widened when Aicko hit the gas pedal and zoomed closer to them, when we reached the car, she stopped and I went out.

"Hey!" I shouted making Kile stop himself from entering the limousine. 

Shock was evident in his face when he saw me. Some of the guards were about to approach me but he waved them off. I walked closer to him and pulled out the Rose from the paper bag. "You deserve me an explanation."

He sighed. "I didn't think you'd wake up this early."

"Answer me." I repeated. "Why all of a sudden would you just." I was out of words, I was so confused, I thought we were friends, I never thought that he actually had that in him. 

"What does this mean?" 

He eyed the rose in my hand. "It is what it is."

"But... why?" I stammered. 

"Even I don't know." He kept his hands in his pockets. "You make me feel different." He crossed his arms. 

"Then why are you just telling me this now?" Confusion was eating me up. Weren't we just friends?!

"I didn't want you to know this so that I could take you from Blake," He paused. "I just gave you the flower so that you'd know."

I sighed and looked around at all the luggage. "W-why are you leaving?" 

"I told you, I want to be a great King one day, I've learned enough from Eres." He paused. "I'll be going somewhere where I can learn more." 

"But where?" I asked.

He looked at me. "Excalibur."

My eyes widened. "You're going to join the knights?!" I frowned. "Why?"

Kile sighed. "A true king knows how to lead his people and I've learned that from Eres." He continued. "But a true king must also learn how to fight for his people, and that's what I'll learn from Excalibur."

"Is that really what you want?" 

He nodded.

"Does Blake and Ram know?" I looked around, Blake and Ram both weren't here. 

"Yes, they know that I'll be leaving, they both didn't take it well." He continued. "But I didn't tell them, when I'd be leaving."

I laughed sarcastically. "So you're just going to be disappearing from everyone?!"

He nodded.

"Wow." I laughed sarcastically again. "How about all the people here who care about you?"

"I couldn't let them know, if everyone knew then maybe I'd never get to leave." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "You should've at least gave us all a warning.

"Sacrifices have to be made." he caught my eyes. " Besides, we all have dreams, but we all have different ways to reach it, some things must be sacrificed, somethings must be weighed upon." He continued. "All we can do now is wish that all we do will lead us in the right direction."

I nodded. "You're right." I suddenly felt the tears stream down my face. "It'll just be different not seeing you at school." I wiped my tears. "I'll miss you." 

He nodded. "And I, you."

Suddenly, his guards called him. 

"I have to go." He said with his face looking down.

I dried my tears and formed a smile. "This maybe unformal but." I tiptoed and gave him a hug. "Good bye your Highness." 

I was about to let go when he suddenly hugged me back. "You'll be a good knight." I whispered. 

When we let go, I was sure I saw a tear drip from his eye, he just wiped it away immediately. 

I watched as he walked inside his car. Before he entered he looked back at me and gave me a smile. The most genuine one that I've ever seen him do.

I smiled back and curtsied one last time. 

And just like that, he entered the car and they drove off, out of the gates of Eres Academy.I watched as the car went out of sight and as the gates closed. 

At that moment, I just hoped with all my heart that this wouldn't be the last time I'd see Kile Astley.

________________________________________________

Yeah I'm crying too;(( but don't worry this won't be the end.

All things happen for a reason... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

739 50 23
I made a fool of my self, I made a mistake. This is about 6 people who have everything they could ask for, they are all popular, rich and even hav...
7.4K 224 32
Valentina enters Arbourne School, an elite English boarding academy, with a plan-befriend everyone, fit in, and rule the school. The only thing stand...
2.1M 73.8K 54
HIGHEST RANK #3 TEEN FICTION 12/11/19 [FIRST 6 CHAPTERS UNDER MAJOR EDITING - pls continue further before giving up xoxo] ❝ You weren't kidding about...
10.3K 1.9K 40
[# 88 in TEEN FICTION on 14/3/18.] [#5 in angerissues on 10/05/2018] COMPLETED!!! No matter where you come from, your dreams are always valid. RULE 1...