The Red Head Boy- Fred Weasley

By Hogwartx_Express

"Her terrible timing resulted in the perfect image: Fred standing there wet. His hair was soaking, and the sm... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Author's Note
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Epilogue
Authors Note

Chapter 45

16K 265 290
By Hogwartx_Express

Amelia had finally reached home, the sun had set allowing its colours to spread across. A mixture of light pink spread across the sky swirling around with a dark blue. Amelia was growing tired last nights prank, her horrible dream, seeing Fred flirting with Angelina along with her nightmare coming true was mentally draining. 

Amelia grabbed her bag taking it up the marble staircase. She had many fond memories on this staircase. The time's Uncle Alphard would sit her on his shoulders running throughout the house. When she was ten Amelia would sit on the steps and listen to her parent's conversation pretending she was a spy. Then there was the time Fred chased her around the house the two of them covered in pasta sauce. She smiled at the thought wishing she could go back to the time he loved her, did he still love her?

Amelia flicked open the lights to her bedroom. The warm yellow light spread throughout, she noticed her parents had removed the carpeting now revealing the wooden flooring. Amelia liked it better this way, the heavy carpeting always made the room look dull. 

Amelia drew the curtains before opening her suitcase. She pulled out a pair of her favourite pyjama shorts grabbing a large white t-shirt to go over it. Amelia made her way to the bathroom beginning to brush her teeth she could already feel herself growing tired. 

Pulling the covers over herself Amelia let her sleep take over. One part of her wanted to sleep and dream forever, but another was scared to witness the nightmare again after all it did come true. 

'Should I tell mum and dad?' Amelia didn't know if it was serious or not, she didn't want to worry her parents for no reason. 

"Maybe that's what mum's letter was talking about.' Hoping her parents had an explanation for what happened. Unfortunately, they were going to be at work all-day leaving Amelia alone with her thoughts. 

The next morning Amelia had slept in till the late afternoon. It's not like she had anything planned for the day. She was tangled in her sheets sweat covering her body.  She made her way out of bed, her hair was a complete mess, sleep was crowding around her eyes and her morning breath was worst then ever. 

Feeling completely disgusting Amelia slipped out of her clothes making her way towards the shower. The cold water hit her face instantly cooling her down. She began to massage the shampoo in her hair the smell of coconut spreading throughout the bathroom. Amelia moved onto her legs bring the razor up her leg removing the small patches of hair left. She spent a good hour in the bathroom, shaving over and over again not sure what to do next.

Amelia wore another pair of her comfiest clothes. A large oversized t-shirt with her favourite muggle band on it One something. The second word was fading away. She went down the stairs making her way to the kitchen her stomach grumbling terribly. 

Naroh chirped at the kitchen bench grabbing Amelia's attention. "Looks like I'm not all alone." She said to the small bird tickling its neck. Her stomach growling louder, Amelia quickly made her way to the pantry deciding on making two-minute noodles. 'If this what the holidays are going to look like then I don't want it' It felt awful being alone all the time. When she was younger she always had the attention of her older family members, but as she got older it's like no one cared for her.

Amelia finished her noodles, they tasted awful and she was already beginning to miss Hogwarts. With nothing else to do she decided to write to Fred, it seemed a bit desperate to write to him already but the girl was desperate. 

Dearest Fred,

The muggle world is so boring, I know it's just the first day but I'm already dreading the holidays. I already miss you and George, and I bet you've been driving Mrs Weasley crazy. Anyways get back to me as soon as possible. 

Love, Amelia. 

The message was short but she didn't have anything else to write. She tied the small message onto Naroh's leg before sending off the small bird to the Burrow. She watched as Naroh left the house, flapping his wings until he was out of sight. 

Amelia spent the next half an hour unpacking every now and then she would look out her window trying to spot Naroh. 

She folded the last pair of jeans placing them into her wooden cupboard. Amelia made her way towards her side drawer which was kept locked at all times. In her side drawer was filled with Fred's letters, not only letters, cards, silly drawings of professor Lockheart. Basically anything Fred had ever given to her. 

The letters had his messy handwriting scribbled onto them, she would look over his letters every once in a while laughing at the old messages the two had written back and forth. She heard tapping on her window coming from no other than Norah. Another letter was tied to his leg. 

Dearest Amelia,

Of course, you miss me how could you not? It's been pretty boring here as well. Mum's been making us do chores all day and Ron is going absolutely mental about going to the Quidditch cup. 

Don't worry I've already asked mum if you could join us and she said yes. Harry and Hermione are coming as well so you won't be intruding. I'll come and take you the burrow the day off or after your birthday your choice and after that, we'll pick up Harry. Ron says the muggles are putting him on some sort of diet along with his fat cousin. Mum ended up sending a cake so he should be okay for another week or so. I miss you and hope to see you soon. 

Love, Freddie

She smiled at his letter. 'Thank Merlin I won't have to stay alone all summer' she thought to herself. Amelia quickly grabbed a spare piece of parchment and began to write back to him. She accepted his offer for the Quidditch cup and asked him to pick her up the day after her birthday allowing Amelia to spend the rest of the day with her parents. 

A few more letters were exchanged between the two before her parents called her down for dinner. Amelia's mother had an odd look on her face and every time Amelia would ask if she needed help her mother would brush her off. Her father did the same in the kitchen he barely held eye contact with his daughter. 

Once the three sat down Aubrey placed a large helping off rice in Amelia's plate not saying a word. "Well, I'd expect you to start." Her mother said looking directly at Amelia's father Cyrus. 

"Alright well." He took a deep breath in before looking at Amelia. She found the entire situation very confusing and dramatic. Her parents often dramatized everything so it wouldn't come as a surprise if it were one of these moments. 

"Amelia you have a very special ability and I'm not talking about using magic. You share the same ability your Uncle Alphard had. You, Amelia, can read minds." It felt like her parents were joking, she was expecting then to fall into fits of laughter. Amelia's eyebrows furrowed stuttering "Wha What" She had a mixture of feelings. Amelia was happy as it would give her the advantage to see what others think. Soon sadness filled her maybe it was one of the ways Uncle Alphard died. She soon felt scared for herself remembering the terrible pain going throughout her body at King Cross station. 

"When you sent us the letter saying your Divination teacher made some crazy prediction about you, your mother and I knew you were starting to develop Legilimency, it's a form of mind-reading. Alphard developed it just before he turned seventeeth. Amelia have you had any weird dreams or have there been any whisperings " Her dad had the sternest look on his face. Amelia had heard about Legilimency before. She once came across it in a book she was ready but thought nothing of it at the time. 

Her heart was beating awfully fast not knowing what to say or do. "Honey you know you can tell us. It's very important that you do." Her mother's sweet voice calmed Amelia down just a bit. 

"Well, I did have a dream on the train. Once I got off my ears began to ring like crazy and there was whispering." Amelia's parents looked at each other worry covering their face. Her father placed his hand on Amelia's.

"Alphard struggled to keep up with it, I won't let the same happen to you. Amelia, we will teach you how to control it. You need to let us help you if not it can consume you." Her mother smiled at her once again. 'Consume me' Amelia thought to herself. Hundred's if not thousand questions swarmed her head. 

The family spent the rest of the night telling Amelia how they would help her, and how her seventeenth birthday would allow the change to happen. Her parents answered each of her questions easing Amelia's nerves. She didn't know how to react to the information. She didn't know whether she was to cry, or laugh, or smile. Amelia sat their numb as her parents explained what was going to happen. 

"It's gotten a bit late now. Remember have a clear mind at all times." Her mother kissed her forehead wishing Amelia goodnight. 

She made her way to her room shoulders slumped. Amelia found her strange ability as an advantage at first but then she thought about her nightmare and then the ringing in her ears at the station. It's not something she would want to experience again and now that she thought about it, if Amelia couldn't control the Legilimency she would be invading people's privacy. 

"Ugh why is everything so complicated," Amelia yelled throwing herself onto her bed. Naroh was still in Amelia's room he ruffled into her drawer grabbing one of Fred's letters bringing it to her face. 

"Thanks, Naroh." She smiled at the bird for helping calm her down. Amelia sat up reading one of the old letters she got from Fred in the second year. Naroh rubbed his head in the crook of Amelia's neck tickling her with his soft feathers. She spent the rest of the night re-reading most of Fred's letters. She found the process relaxing. 

Guy's I need help finding more about shifting does anyone have any advice on it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 114 36
Decided to use Ben Barnes as Sirius, kind of fits more with my OC. Desirée = Desire in French. Sirius Black, a player in his Hogwarts days, girls th...
733K 25.4K 79
Y/N's laughs echoed through the empty corridors of Hogwarts as she runs hand in hand with Draco. He couldn't help but smile, he's done something he h...
4K 110 17
Harry James Potter and his twin sister Olivia Jane Potter, discovered an amazing secret about themselves last year. They were actually a witch and a...
701 52 9
❝freddie, focus on the letter. your grammar's atrocious.❞ ❝you know i can't focus when you sit so close to me.❞ arabella sayer is unusual. not quirky...