Made To Survive ❂ Bellamy Bla...

By -CallieJay-

{{COMPLETED}} {{BOOK ONE}} "Survival isn't who you are, it's who you become." ❂ ❂ ❂... More

Playlist
1. Prologue
2. May We Meet Again
3. Shut Up Floorboards
4. God Bless Radiation
5. Don't Pout Princess
6. What Are You In For
7. We're Even Now
8. Don't Pout King
9. I'm Not Afraid
10. Sassy Pants
11. Do The Honors
12. Christmas Miracle
13. Chancellor Of Earth
14. No Problem Lace
15. Going Rogue
16. Cold Hearted Bitch
17. You Need To Get Laid
19. Tell Mommy On Me
20. These Idiots
Thank You
21. A Pissed Bellamy
22. Extremely Evasive
23. I Need You Too
24. Hey Lovebirds
25. Hell Of A Kiss
26. First To Succeed
27. Sunshine And Rainbows
28. I'm Still Here
29. Hey Handsome
30. Big Bad Protector
31. Little Sky Person
32. Sexually Frustrated
33. Today Is My Birthday
34. Fire The Rockets
Ask Us Anything
Q & A
Character Breakdowns
Announcement & Contest
Contest

18. That's Intense

6.2K 178 102
By -CallieJay-

❂             ❂             ❂             ❂

           I woke up with the sudden feeling of cold air attacking my body. When I looked around Bellamy was gone and the flap being used as the 'door' as still waving back and forth. He had just left. I quickly slip on my shoes and grab Wells' jacket slipping it on as I run outside. Bellamy has a torch in hand and with his free one he was checking in all the tents. He threw a flap down angrily and looked around.

           "Octavia!" He yelled, but there was no answer.

           I quickly run over to him still trying to finish lacing my boots. Without meaning to I bumped into him and nearly lost my balance. Bellamy grabs me with his free hand and pulls me up and into his chest to keep me from falling. I suddenly feel heat rush to my face especially when I notice the small smile on his face as he stares at me.

"Hi." I say with a small almost nonexistent voice.

"Hi." He replied back with a stronger voice than mine, but softer than he would use with anyone else. I straighten up and pull away from him, but he keeps an arm wrapped around my waist, "Why are you up?" He asks.

"I woke up and you were gone." I admit, and I see the smile on his face grow, "What's going on? Is everything okay?

He suddenly becomes more serious shaking his head, "No, I can't find Octavia. I haven't see her since yesterday."

I nod, beginning to glance around camp, "We'll find her." He looked off, "I'll help you look, and if worst comes to worst we can get a search party together."

He nods and shots me a small smile. He moves away from me and I can't help but frown at the sudden loss of contact. He makes up for it by taking my hand in his and pulling me along with him. When he checked the next tent Clarke was sitting up, she didn't hesitate to come out, probably to yell at Bellamy.

"You're up?"

"Yeah. Knowing that hundreds of people might be dying on The Ark makes it pretty hard to sleep." She spits venomously.

"Raven's flares will work." I retorted, letting go of Bellamy's hand and crossing my arms over my chest.

      Bellamy glance over at me with a small frown, but in all honesty I didn't really notice. I was too focused on Clarke.

"Her radio would've worked better."

"Let it go, Clarke." I say whilst rolling my eyes.

"Have you seen Octavia?" Bellamy suddenly asks, reminding me that he was there and I was no longer holding his hand.

I unfolded my arms and reached for his hand. Clarke didn't notice but then again I don't care if she does. Bellamy intertwined our fingers making me smile. He tugged on my hand pulling me a few steps closer, which made me realize I had taken a few steps away from him to get closer to Clarke.

"No. It's Octavia. She's probably chasing butterflies."

"Clarke, I've checked the camp. She's not here." He presses.

"Okay. I'll help you find her. Let's check again. You go to the dropship. Lacey and I will check the rest of the tents."

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me. I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing it for Octavia." Clarke remarks sending him a glare.

Clarke walks off without another word. I tightened my grip on Bellamy's hand, when he looks down to me I smile up at him.

"We will find her." I say, "I promise."

"Don't make a promise you can't keep." He says looking away.

I placed a hand against his neck, and went up on my tippy toes to kiss him on the cheek. He looks back over to me, causing our noses to brush, and making me lose all of the confidence I once had. I quickly regain my mind and pull away enough to look at him.

           "It'll be okay." I whisper, smiling a toothless smile at him.

           "Thank you." He smiled back, and gives me a kiss on my forehead once I'm back flat on my feet.

           "Go check the drop ship." I say starting to pull away from him, "If she isn't there we'll get a search party together."

           He nodded in compliance. I rushed off and checked the tents but Octavia was still no where to be found. I began to worry more and more which caused me to  start checking them a second time. I ran into Bellamy again and nearly fell again and he caught me again.

           "We have to stop meeting like this." He mutters causing me to chuckle, "Any luck?" He asks getting a hopeful look in his eyes, one I had to destroy.

           "No." I tell him pulling away, "I'm guessing you didn't either."

           He shakes his head and I finally notice the bag in his hand he was carrying, "No which is why I have these."

           He lifts up the bag for me to see and I hear the metal clang together as he does. Weapons. We made our way to the center of camp where Bellamy dropped the bag. Everyone was up by now because of us checking the tents.

           "Hey, everybody, gather around and grab a weapon." Bellamy instructs, "My sister's been out there alone for 12 hours. Arm up. We're not coming back without her."

           Hunter, Elliot, and Bea stood beside me after each of us had grabbed a weapon. We all stayed quiet, we were too serious, and too worried to talk. But that was okay, none of us seemed uncomfortable in the silence. They kept their eyes on me which made me realize something. They stood by me waiting for my okay to go.

           "We need a tracker." Bellamy said coming up beside me.

           "Finn. Get out here." I called. He didn't reply, "He'll catch up, we need to find Octavia now, though." I say to Bellamy.

           He nodded looking back over to Finn's tent, "Finn, we're leaving."

           "All right. I'm coming." We hear him yell back.

           Him and Raven emerge from the tent and Thistle appeared beside Raven's side. Where she came from, I have no clue. She moves to grab a weapon but Finn catches her.

"You're not going, especially with a weapon." He says sternly.

"You don't control me Collins." She spits back.

"No one in their right mind is going to send you out in the woods, in the middle of the night, with a weapon, and with her there." He states pointing to me, "Especially after you already tried to kill her once."

She shakes her head and takes a few steps back. Now standing closer to the tent than before.

           "Lacey, look up." Hunter nudged me.

           I looked up to the sky and saw what looked like hundreds of shooting stars. If I didn't know what it was I would think it was a meteor shower. And if I didn't know, I would think it was beautiful.

"They didn't work." I hear Raven say.

"The Ark didn't see the flares." I sigh.

"A meteor shower tells you that?" Bellamy questions.

"It's not a meteor shower, it's a funeral. Hundreds of bodies being returned to the Earth from The Ark. This is what it looks like from the other side. They didn't get our message." Clarke explains.

Raven charges Bellamy, filled with rage, "This is all because of you!" She shouts.

I catch Raven, with Finn who made a move to hold her back as well. She fought against us, but Finn and I were stronger than her, especially when we were together.

"I helped you find the radio." Bellamy says from behind me.

"Yeah, after you jacked it from my pod and trashed it!"

"Yeah, he knows. Now has to live with it." Clarke says pulling Raven away.

I roll my eyes and let Finn and Clarke deal with her. Mostly because I didn't have the patience and because I didn't want to get in less than a ten foot radius of Thistle.

"All I know is that my sister is out there and I'm gonna find her. You coming or what? What are we waiting for? Move out!"

We headed out of camp with Finn and Bellamy at the lead. I was behind them with my three friends. It seemed we had been walking for a long time before we had any success on finding even a clue telling us where she had been or where she had gone.

"Look! Over here!" Someone called.

We all gathered at the top of a hill and a boy stood in the front of the group pointing down to a tree. Something was caught I the branch, but I couldn't tell what it was. Bellamy moves beside the boy looking down the hill.

"What is it?"

"Right there." He points again, "You see it? Is that Octavia's?"

"Rope." Bellamy commanded.

Someone handed Bellamy a rope and he tied it around a tree. He threw it down the hill and walked back to the boy who had pointed to the tree.

"What are you doing?" Finn asks getting closer.

"We need the rope to get back up." He says matter of factly, "Flashlight."

The boy hands Bellamy a flashlight, that he shoves into his pocket.  He goes down the rope and I step closer to the edge of the hill to watch.

           "Worried about your boyfriend?" Bea asks quietly beside me.

           "He's not my - " When I look over to her she's smirking and know denying it wold just make her happier, "Shut up." She just giggles in response.

            "It's hers." He called back, "I'm going all the way down."

           I watched as Bellamy disappeared fully into the darkness. Jasper handed his torch to Finn and walked over to the rope, following Bellamy to the bottom. Finn went down after. All three had been consumed by the abyss. I swallowed my fear and was the next one down. Bea, Elliot, and Hunter were right behind me.

           "Someone else was here." I heard Bellamy say.

           I walk closer and see all three boys crouched around a rock. A rock with blood on it. Bellamy's fingertips were stained with blood. Fresh blood. I saw footprints leading away from where we stood, too big to be from Octavia.

           "The prints are deeper going that way." Finn says leaving everyone confused, he looked over to Bellamy with a grim expression, "He was carrying her."

           "If they took her, she's alive. Like when they took me." Jasper said positively, but it didn't help, not one bit.

           Finn and Bellamy kept leading the way, and we didn't walk for very long until everyone came to a quick stop. I ran into Bellamy's back, which he then looks down to me with a expression I don't understand but I don't think I'm supposed to like it. I peek around him to see skeletons tied up and hand on poles. Like human skewers.  I nearly gaged at the sight.

           "Oh my god." Bea muttered beside me.

           "That's intense." Hunter remarked.

           Elliot just nodded along, and so did Bea and I. All of our mouths were on the floor. If someone didn't fear the grounders they sure as hell did now. We all stopped and stared at the gory sight. I gagged slightly for the second time, which made me look away, and I never looked back. Without thinking I grabbed a hold of Bellamy's hand and did not want to let go.

           "I don't speak Grounder but I'm pretty sure this means keep out." Finn remarks.

           "Let's get out of here. It's crazy." Someone says before leaving the group to head back to camp.

           More and more people voice similar opinions and left soon after. We were soon left with a much smaller group than we had originally started with. I was having a hard time working through my fear, not only did we have a weaker group now that people left, the grounders have now shown me what they do with people. That was scary and I didn't want a part of this. But this was for Octavia, my friend. And I would not leave her to end up like one of these guys. I forced myself to stay strong despite the pounding of my heart against my chest, the sound of it was ringing in my ears.

           "Go back if you want." Bellamy said, "My sister, my responsibility."

           He ripped his hand from mine and instantly a rush of cold air followed the abandonment. I just stood in shock for a moment. The fear I was feeling before was suddenly replaced with a feeling of being stabbed in the chest. Bea grabbed my arm and pulled me along with her. After I begin walking she lets go, seeing that I have regained my composer.

           "I'd walk into hell to find her." Jasper says before marching in.

           "I think we just did."

           As we pass more of the skeleton kebabs, my heart beat thumps louder in my ear. Nothing but fear and worry were shooting through my veins at a rapid pace. I haven't been this scared in a long time. I lose my mind for a split second, and find myself rushing forward to be beside Bellamy. Something about that idea of being next to him made me feel safe. It was obviously a subconscious thing, because my current conscious mind thought I was losing it.

           Bellamy looks down to me, a look of surprise was in his eyes, but was masked by determination. When I see another one I squeeze my eyes shut, his hand suddenly gripped mine, and what felt like an overwhelming amount of fear, suddenly vanished. I was still scared but not to the degree I was before. What was is about Bellamy Blake?

❂             ❂             ❂             ❂

Hey guys! It's Monday update and it's actually a Monday.

Bellamy and Lacey are the cutest. I love them soooo much.

Anyway I hope you guys have a great week.

Question Time: What's your favorite part about this book so far?

Random Question Time: What's your favorite shop of all time?

•callie•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.8K 2.4K 37
She wasn't even supposed to be on the dropship going down to Earth. As the youngest zero-g mechanic on the ark (as well as an engineer but she wouldn...
32.8K 609 27
REWRITTEN. 'We will fall, but we will get back up again.' --- It's been ninty-seven years since a nuclear apocalypse killed everyone one earth, leavi...
95K 1.6K 41
BOOK 1 OF ?? "Get down. Get down!" Finn said to all of us while we all hide behind a huge rock. We kept hearing noises around the forest like people...
209K 6.2K 72
"How you holding up?" "You know. Just stuck in here." "Just one more day and I won't have to worry about your damn sarcasm." "Be quiet, you love m...