Made To Survive ❂ Bellamy Bla...

By -CallieJay-

{{COMPLETED}} {{BOOK ONE}} "Survival isn't who you are, it's who you become." ❂ ❂ ❂... More

Playlist
1. Prologue
2. May We Meet Again
3. Shut Up Floorboards
4. God Bless Radiation
5. Don't Pout Princess
6. What Are You In For
7. We're Even Now
8. Don't Pout King
9. I'm Not Afraid
10. Sassy Pants
11. Do The Honors
12. Christmas Miracle
13. Chancellor Of Earth
14. No Problem Lace
15. Going Rogue
16. Cold Hearted Bitch
18. That's Intense
19. Tell Mommy On Me
20. These Idiots
Thank You
21. A Pissed Bellamy
22. Extremely Evasive
23. I Need You Too
24. Hey Lovebirds
25. Hell Of A Kiss
26. First To Succeed
27. Sunshine And Rainbows
28. I'm Still Here
29. Hey Handsome
30. Big Bad Protector
31. Little Sky Person
32. Sexually Frustrated
33. Today Is My Birthday
34. Fire The Rockets
Ask Us Anything
Q & A
Character Breakdowns
Announcement & Contest
Contest

17. You Need To Get Laid

6.2K 206 259
By -CallieJay-

❂ ❂ ❂ ❂

I sat alone on the bank staring at my hands. Some others from camp had made their way down here and started helping in the search. I hid behind the brush, not purposely but I liked going unnoticed. I didn't want to see or talk to anyone. Of course those kind of wishes never come true. I heard someone come up behind me. I turn my head to see Bellamy sitting down behind me. He scrunches down so we both remain unnoticed.

"Hey." He mutters, resting his head on his arms, which are rested on his knees.

I turn around so I'm facing him getting in the same position as him, "Hi." I breathe.

"Are you okay?" He asks tilting his head.

He reaches out a hand to touch my discolored cheek. Both my jaw and my cheek had obvious bruises forming on them. I let out a small sigh nodding my head, but I was far from okay.

"You sure?" He asks with his hand still against my cheek.

"I've had worse." I respond, trying to shrug it off, but I should know by now that doesn't work on Bellamy.

"That wasn't my question." He frowns, cupping my face with his hand.

I lean my face into his hand and close my eyes. I wanted to just enjoy this moment just for a little longer. He runs his thumb against my cheek, with an extra gentleness due to my bruise. I opened my eyes to see him smiling at me.

"Are you okay, Lace?" He asks with a tenderness to his voice I haven't heard before.

I look down sadly, "No, I'm not." I sigh.

"What's going on with you and that girl?" He says putting extra emphasis on it.

He sounded bitter and angry. Why would he take that kind of tone toward Thistle? He didn't know her or anything about my past, except for the fact I killed three people. His tone causes me to straighten up and pull away from his hand.

"That girl's name is Thistle." I reply back rather bitterly.

He straightens up and pulls his hand away, he was surprised but I didn't care, "Uh," He stammers, "wh-what?"

"Her name is Thistle." I repeat, with more condescension.

"I just don't get why you're defending her." He says stiffening and becoming more rigid, "She punched you in the face. Why didn't you fight back?"

I pull my knees closer to my chest, almost to the point where it hurts but at the same time it's comforting me, "It's doesn't matter." I answer quietly.

"What the hell happened? What is wrong with you?" He questions standing up suddenly, "This isn't the Lacey I know." He sighs sadly, "What's going on? Just tell me what happened with you two."

That's when I lost it, and to be honest I'm not quite sure why. But rage suddenly filled my veins. I shot up from where I was sitting and didn't hesitate to get in his face as I did so.

"It's none of you're goddamn business Bellamy!" I yell, and he looks taken back when I do, but quickly hides behind and angry expression, "You don't know me, and you don't need to know what happened with me and her. You just need to mind your own business."

"I see we are back to how things use to be. Fine." He states bitterly, losing all emotion in his face other than anger, "Whatever the hell princess wants." He stated it with a venomous tone that made my heart drop and caused me to wince, I suddenly realized my mistakes.

He started to walk away and I moved to grab his hand but he ripped it away, "Bellamy I'm sorry. I didn't mean - "

He turns back to me sharply, "Don't worry I get it, our relationship is on your terms. Enemies one minute, allies the next, just to cycle back to enemies, and it's all on you." He says poking an accusatory finger against my shoulder.

All rage is washed away, I didn't want this to happen with him. I didn't know why but I couldn't lose Bellamy Blake. I needed him.

"Bell, I - "

"Don't do that."

"Do what?" I ask tilting my head.

"Say my name like that." Bellamy says looking down at the forest floor and kicking a stick before looking back up to me, "Don't say my name like that and think I'll give in to your every whim."

"You did the same thing to me."

           The statement causes him to roll his eyes. He shoves his hands in his pockets and starts to walk away, "Whatever you say princess." He says with the same bitter tone as before, a pain shoots through my chest.

I grab his arm and don't let him pull away this time, "Bellamy, listen, I'm sorry okay?" I say suddenly feeling like something was caught in my throat and coating my words with too much emotion. But it did get his attention, "I don't want that." I sigh.

"It's always about what you want isn't it?" He states with a roll of his eyes.

           "Then tell me what you want." I plead.

           I knew I probably sound desperate, but I felt desperate. Why did I feel desperate? Why does Bellamy have such a strong hold on me? Why was I suddenly weak? Why was I falling apart at the idea of losing him? He stays silent and stares deep into my eyes but doesn't respond.

           "Please, tell me what you want." I sigh, "I don't want this to be about me. So just tell me."

           He nods his head and looks down. He looks back up at me and takes a step closer taking my hand in his. With his free hand he cups my cheek not quite meeting my eyes. I feel drawn in, like I'm hypnotized. He dips his face closer to mine, and I can feel his breath falling onto my face. He presses his forehead against mine, and I feel myself pushing myself closer. It was like my mind suddenly disappeared and I was on autopilot. He looks into my eyes and I meet his gaze, and almost regretting it the second I do. His alluring eyes, they will be the death of me. His lips barely brush mine but it's enough to make my knees weak.

           "I found it!" Hunter yells startling me.

           I jumped back but Bellamy held tight to my hand. His eyes were soft and focused on me, his lips were parted and both of our breathing was labored. And it's crazy to think we hadn't even kissed, we had just come close. I started to walk away to the group, but Bellamy tightens the grip on my hand.

           "Lace, wait."

           "Now your doing it." I mutter, causing him to crack a smile.

           "Don't stop doing that." He tells me, causing my brow to crinkle, "Say my name however you want, I don't mind." He tells me causing me to smile, "And I don't want anything to change, I don't want to go back to the way things were. Okay?"

           I nod, my voice becoming small, "Okay. I'd like that."

           With that I turn away and run over to everyone else. Raven was now inspecting the soaked radio. Bellamy followed slowly behind me. Bea glanced over at us and I couldn't help but notice the smirk and wink she sent my way. I rolled my eyes, but smile tugged at the corners of my lips. Thistle and Raven were both fighting over the radio, Raven won. Thistle glanced between Bellamy and I, but I tried my best to ignore it.

           "What, were you two fucking or something?" She asks angrily.

           "Thistle, shut up." Raven says still focusing on the radio but glances up at me.

           "What?" She asks defensively, "It's a valid question."

           "If it was any of your business it is, but you made it clear you don't care about her." Finn states angrily.

           She just scoff and rolls her eyes, they land on me again, "So were you?"

           Raven starts to cut her off, but I beat her to the punch.

           "No, but obviously you need to get laid. You know, to relieve all that tension." I say narrowing my eyes at her before looking to Raven before she can reply, "Can you fix it?"

           I noticed the way Thistle clenched her jaw. I know I said I wasn't going to fight back but she pulled Bellamy into this. Her fight was with me not him, so if she was going to pull other people into our war I would have to defend them. They I would fight for, she had no right to drag them into this. Bellamy folded his arms over his chest pressing his lips together, Elliot and Bea didn't bother hiding their laughs.

           Raven looks around and  before her eyes land back on me, "Uh...Maybe. But it'll take half a day just to dry out the components to see what's broken."

           "Like I said, it's too late." Bellamy said next to me, tightening his grip around himself.

           "Do you have any idea what you did?" Clarke yells getting on his face, "Do you even care?"

           "Back off, Clarke." I say lowly, but she doesn't give me a second glance.

           "You asked me to help. I helped."

           "300 people are going to die today because of you!" She screams angrily.

           "I said back off!" I give Clarke a small shove back.

           She finally sees me and takes a few steps towards me now getting in my face, "Those are your people up there too, Lacey, do you even care?"

           "Of course I care, don't you ever question that again. But yelling at him isn't going to reverse time, so back off."

           "Always have to be the great protector, the hero don't you Lacey?" Thistle asks stepping forward.

           I ignore her once again, which was probably a mistake. Seeing as because I did ignore her, she tackled me to the ground. My head become submerged under the water, as she held me under. I didn't even get a chance to defend myself before Hunter, Finn, and Bellamy pulled her body off of me. Finn was by my side first, to see if I was okay.

           "The bitch deserved it!" Thistle yelled at Raven, who probably said something to provoke the statement.

           "Take a walk!" Raven yells at her, when Thistle starts to argue Raven points to the forest before yelling, "Take a fucking walk! And don't come back until you've calmed the fuck down!"

           "You okay?" Finn asks me, helping me to my feet.

           "I'm fine." I mutter waving him off, "You should be more worried about the Ark than me." I say trying to shift their attention off of me.

           "Hold up. We don't have to talk to The Ark. We just have to let them know we're down here, right?" Raven says and I know a lightbulb has gone off in her head.

           "Yeah, but how do we do that with no radio?" Finn asks still holding me against his side both to protect and support me.

           "Flares." She smiles, "Get everyone from camp and get them to the pod as quickly as possible. The more hands we have the faster this will go."

❂ ❂ ❂ ❂

I hadn't seen Thistle since the incident at the lake. Bellamy, Finn, and Hunter were all staying extra close to me, as if they were my body guards. Bellamy even asked certain members of his inner circle to keep an eye on me if he or Finn or Hunter weren't close by. To be honest it felt over the top, I was starting to be treated like actual royalty. Which was a nice change from back at the Ark, but again it was a bit over done. I had helped bring some flares back to camp but once I was here I didn't go back down to the pod. I stayed her to help, before I knew it the sun had set and they started setting them off. Bea and Elliot were standing beside me in the crowd.

"Look Lacey, I'm sorry I struck a nerve earlier, I just don't think you deserve to be treated like that." Elliot says to me, "No matter what you did."

I shake my head, "You won't say that once you know what I did." I sigh.

"Why can't you tell us?" Bea asks, almost sounding hurt.

"I'll tell you soon, I just can't today..." I trail, feeling like I needed one more day to be just Lacey before the truth came out.

"I'm going to go track down Hunter." Elliot tells Bea while nudging her.

A smile spreads across Bea's face as she sends me a wink, "I'll help." Then she leans up close to whisper in my ear, "Get your man." Before she runs off giggling.

I stand confused until I notice the tall boy next to me. Bellamy. Of course, who else would Bea call 'my man'? He looked down at me with a smile before wrapping his arm around my waist. It felt like pure electricity had shot through my body, but despite the stiffening feeling I leaned into his side and became quite comfortable curled up in his embrace.  The sky suddenly erupted in purple lights as the shot across the sky. They were beautiful, the dark blue canvas erupted in purple, it was breathtaking.

"You think they can see it from up there?" He asked.

"I hope so." I replied, it was the only honest way I thought I could answer the question, "Can you wish on this kind of shooting star?" I questioned, the pictures in old books my mom used to read to me look like this. When I looked up to him, his brow was furrowed. He thought I was crazy, "Forget it." I muttered.

"I wouldn't even know what to wish for. What about you?"

"I don't know." I looked back at the flares, "Maybe for the Ark to see our message. My mom, I'd give anything to have her back. Or to know that everything will be okay."

I didn't look back up to him, I kept my eyes on the sky. Which made it more of a surprise when I felt him press his lips against my temple, ever so gently, as if I was China doll ready to break.

"It'll be okay." He whispers into my ear.

I looked up to him and his eyes had now returned to the sky, "Thank you." I mutter, and I almost doubt that he hears it. Until he looks down at me with a smile and nods. Then he pulls me closer to him and looks back to the purple sky.

❂ ❂ ❂ ❂

Hey guys!

I actually updated on a Monday and didn't skip a week.

It's a Christmas miracle!

Anywho I love this chapter because Bellamy and Lacey are adorable. I love them so much guys.

Also I love all the angst, plus Elliot and Bea being protective is so cute. I love their friendship.

Question Time: What do you think Lacey did to Thistle?

Random Question Time: Does anyone know when season 4 is coming?

•callie•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.8K 609 27
REWRITTEN. 'We will fall, but we will get back up again.' --- It's been ninty-seven years since a nuclear apocalypse killed everyone one earth, leavi...
286K 5.9K 55
"You say that you have a whole hell of problems, but you underestimate the hell I've been through," I murmur, as he tilts his head downwards towards...
209K 6.2K 72
"How you holding up?" "You know. Just stuck in here." "Just one more day and I won't have to worry about your damn sarcasm." "Be quiet, you love m...
15K 261 28
Another new story. ~~~~ "Blake, your not a cadet anymore. Why you here?" I asked. "How's it going woods?" Bellamy smiled. "Dodging questions I see"...