Golden Dandelions|Teen Wolf

By Raina_Boi

"An alpha that leads by fear will only receive fear. But an alpha that leads with love and respect will earn... More

summary & cast
1|home sweet home
2|inhaler
3|beta
4|the grave
5|sheriff station
6|dreams
7|Argent
8|poisened bullet
9|first meeting
10|anger management
11|alone
12|lunatic
13|not the same
14|meet Miguel
15|there's a risk
16|files
17|lost
18|new alpha
19|aftermath
20|so that's Lydia
21|jail break
22|good day (for most)
23|ice skating
24|immunity
25|claws
26|late-night swim
27|protection squad
28|side effects
29|two messed up peas in a pod
30|try
31|same class
32|time to rave
33|trunk of memories
34|cheers to spiked drinks
35|hostage situation
36|therapy session
37|game night
38|it won't work
39|witch
40|they're coming
41|who wants a tattoo
42|first day crazies
43|crimes to pay
44|ice bath
45|ten hours later
46|reunited
47|he deserves it
48|getting even
49|again
50|it's a bird
51|enter the witches
52|do we have a deal
53|lesson one
54|new tactic
56|morning after
57|mistletoe
58|long night, even longer day
59|story time
60|Aristotle
61|so that happened
62|hospital from hell
63|ancient ritual
64|Nemeton
65|it's actually not a bird
66|the calm and the storm
67|seeing things
68|bardo
69|coyote
70|human again
71|mischief night
72|sleepover
73|Halloween
74|wellness check
75|gone
76|tested
77|the bomb
78|recovering
79|no matter what
80|search
81|belated
82|blue eyes
83|the return
84|the wait
85|he's sixteen!
86|broke
87|tryouts
88|party? party!
89|no
90|Devonford Prep
91|Eichen House
92|the funeral
93|C.D.C.
94|did you know
95|idiotic plan
96|something borrowed and something discovered
97|but wait there's more
98|burn baby burn
99|last stand
100|Luka
101|money problems gone
102|fear
103|first game of the season
104|lo que pasa en México, se queda en México
105|formal
106|last day of summer
107|first day of a new year
108|car crash
109|slight cough
110|sick day
111|social worker
112|Sinema
113|new book, dark secrets
114|the legend of Selina and Lucian
115|who's next
116|trapped
117|everything's not okay
118|supermoon madness
119|band back together
120|escape plan
121|burn the witch
122|scared
123|late-night talks
124|wednesday night's alright for fighting... monsters
125|born, not made
126|new life
127|finally
128|worst date
129|Schrodinger's cat

55|what

825 36 1
By Raina_Boi

BECK SAT IN the animal clinic as Deaton moved around, but mentally she wasn't there. Mentally, Beck was miles away, her mind thinking over what Stiles and Scott had told her earlier that morning.

Derek was dead.

Beck couldn't believe Derek was dead.

"You know," Deaton hummed as he glanced over to the dazed blonde. Shaking her head, Beck's attention snapped towards Deaton. "If you're not feeling up to it, we don't have to have your lesson today. Scott told me that there is a coven in town that's been helping you learn."

Beck shook her head as she shifted in her seat. "No, I want to have our lessons. Besides, Scott doesn't want me alone with the coven running around. And I really didn't want to go with Allison and Lydia to babysit Scott and Stiles, I have no clue where Cora ran off to, and I don't trust my uncle. And being here can help keep my mind off of..." Beck trailed off as she looked towards the ground. Deaton stepped into the kennel as Beck shook her head again. "Anyway, I like having our lessons. To be honest, when I work with you it feels more natural than with the witches."

"I should hope so," Deaton chuckled as he carried out a cat, placing it on the examination table. Beck stepped forward, holding the cat down as Deaton prepared to x-ray it. "Druids and White Witches have been working together side by side for centuries. It's why I got along so well with your family's coven. Many would confuse our kinds. Dark Witches, on the other hand..."

"Dark Witches?" Beck asked as her hand stroked the cat's fur.

"Yes, witches that divulged in more of the dark arts of magic," Deaton explained, giving the cat a shot before Beck laid it down on its side. "I should say, Beck, be careful in what they teach you. If they try and teach you dark magic, it could turn you. Make you into a Dark Witch. Then, White Witches would be completely extinct."

Beck nodded her head as she continued to stroke the cat's fur. Deaton smiled toward Beck as he x-rayed the cat's paw. Deaton then pulled out the x-ray, moving to the light board as Beck carried the cat over to an empty cage. Turning to the x-ray, Deaton began studying it. Beck moved next to him, tilting her head as she looked at the x-ray too. In the lobby, the doorbell rang.

"It's open," Deaton called as he took a final glance at the x-ray before going to see who it was.

Beck stayed, moving back to the cage to check on the cat. Sticking her fingers through the bars, Beck scratched the still sleeping cat's head.

"We could use a little help," a familiar voice said from the lobby. Beck lifted her head as she listened in. Was that Ms. Morrell?

"Try the hospital," Deaton said in a dark tone. Beck moved towards the door, keeping hidden as she listened in.

"Open the gate, Alan," Ms. Morrell ordered.

"No."

"Help us, or..." a different female voice threatened. "Maybe I just kill her." There was a pause as Beck bit her lip. "Or how about your little mouse listening in from the next room." A hand shot up to Beck's mouth as she tried to stifle her gasp. "Come out little mouse."

Stepping slowly around the corner, Beck's eyes glanced over the four people standing in the lobby of the animal clinic.

Standing on the other side of the gate was indeed Ms. Morrell. Next to her stood Kali, one of the alphas, her eyes flashing blood red. Behind them stood Aiden carrying an unconscious bald man covered in blood. Ennis.

"Why, if it isn't Rebecca Hale?" Kali cooed, her eyes still flashing. "I remember when you were just a little thing. My, haven't you grown? Why don't you come over here and let Aunt Kali take a look at you?"

"Bite me," Beck grumbled as Deaton lifted an arm to block her.

"With pleasure," Kali growled.

"Not here you won't," Deaton pointed out the mountain ash surrounding them. Kali's eyes went back to normal as she glanced around nervously. "I suggest you leave. Don't make me insist."

"Alan," Ms. Morrell hissed, leaning towards Deaton. "If he dies, they'll go after the others. And don't think your little protege Scott won't find his way into the middle of it. They'll kill him. You know they will. Alan, please."

Releasing a breath, Deaton turned toward the small blonde. "Beck, I'm sorry but it looks like I'm going to have to cancel our lesson for today." Beck's eyes darted to Deaton, seeing a warning written on his face. "I think you should head home. Go out the back."

Beck nodded slowly before returning to the examination room to grab her bag and denim jacket. Deaton waited until he heard the back door squeak before opening the gate.

Aiden moved forward with Ennis, but Kali stopped him.

"I got him," she whispered as she took Ennis from Aiden. "You follow her."

Aiden nodded his head as he backed towards the door before turning on his heels to leave.

Walking quickly, Beck headed towards the preserve instead of heading home as Deaton warned. She wanted to try something.

Walking down the familiar trail, Beck couldn't help but feel like she was being watched. Like she was being followed. Pausing, the small blonde glanced around at her surroundings but found no one there, so she continued. The feeling Beck was getting was beginning to suffocate her just as she arrived at the Hale House property.

Reaching into her bag, Beck pulled out an old polaroid photo as she stepped onto the porch. In the photo was Beck and Derek when Beck was twelve. She was riding piggyback on Derek, both laughing at something unseen. They were smiling and happy. It was so long ago.

Kneeling on the porch, Beck ran her thumb over the image of Derek. She had to contact him, she just had to. She tried that morning, but it didn't seem to work. So, Beck thought it would work better at the Hale House. She had to try.

Closing her eyes, Beck took in a deep breath as she focused on Derek.

"Phasmatos Manex, Un Domo Hax, Fero Adiuvex."

Minutes passed as Beck waited for the same feeling she got when summoning Erica.

But nothing happened. All Beck felt was the wind around her picking up.

Releasing a groan, Beck opened her eyes and looked down at the photo as tears began to pool in her eyes. "I miss you," Beck whispered as she ran her thumb over the picture again.

"Practicing I see."

Closing her eyes, Beck stood slowly before turning to face Crystal. "Go away, Wicked Witch," Beck ordered as she clenched her fists at her side.

Crystal hummed as she tilted her head, making her blonde hair sway in the wind. "I still don't understand why Lucinda wants you to join our coven so badly. You're just so weak and childish."

"Well, I am a child," Beck deadpanned before glancing down at the picture in her fist.

"You're trying to summon him," Crystal hummed, eyes following Beck's toward the photo.

"It's not working," Beck whispered. Looking up, Beck glared at Crystal. "Why isn't it working?"

The other blonde only hummed with a shrug, a smirk pulling at her red lips.

"You and your sisters are supposed to be teaching me magic," Beck snapped. "But it's not working."

"That's because you're getting emotional," Crystal growled, placing a hand on her hip. "You need to let go of your emotions."

"And what, be a heartless witch like you?" Beck grumbled, crossing her arms across her chest. "Oops, I mean bitch."

Growling, Crystal raised her hand towards Beck. Feeling something tighten around her throat, Beck gasped as she was lifted off the ground. She was struggling to get air as her feet kicked underneath her.

"I've had it up to here with you, you little brat," Crystal hissed before shoving her hand forward, throwing Beck through the front door of the Hale House.

Landing on her back in the foyer, Beck began to cough for air as her hand flew to her throat.

Suddenly, a growl sounded from outside followed by a scream. Beck slowly struggled to sit up as the crunching of leaves and branches sounded before silence. Footsteps could be heard as someone walked up the porch to the front door.

Standing before Beck was Aiden, scowling down at her. "You okay?" He growled with no emotion. Stepping forward, the alpha twin stuck out his hand to help Beck up.

But Beck ignored it, standing on her own before brushing the dust off her dress. Turning to Aiden, Beck glared up at him before moving to pick up her dropped bag and picture.

"You're welcome," he called after her.

"For what?" Beck snapped turning towards him.

"I believe I just saved your life."

"Or you put it in even more danger," Beck snapped gesturing to the spot Crystal was in moments ago. "She and her coven are giving me lessons in witchcraft. We had a deal that they would teach me and not kill me if we didn't tell Derek about them."

"You're a witch?"

Scuffing, Beck turned on her heels, heading down the steps towards the forest. "If you want a thank you, look somewhere else," Beck called over her shoulder. "I'm not thanking you for killing my brother and quite possibly making the coven want to kill me again."

"He might not be dead."

Stumbling to a stop, Beck turned towards Aiden. Her heart was beating out of control and he could hear it. "What did you say?" Beck asked softly.

"Your brother, he might not be dead," Aiden repeated, staring Beck down.

Releasing a breath, Beck glanced around as what he just said sunk in. Derek could still be alive.

"But," Aiden interrupted Beck's thoughts, making the small blonde look up at him. "If Ennis dies, then Derek's gonna wish he had too."

"What do you mean?"

"I think you know what I mean."

Beck gulped, her light green eyes never leaving Aiden's brown. "An eye for an eye," Beck whispered. "So what? Derek has to either kill his pack or you kill him?"

Aiden nodded, still showing no emotion. "You're smarter than you look."

"I don't look smart?"

Aiden rolled his eyes as he turned to walk away.

"Why?" Beck called suddenly, making Aiden stop. Taking a step closer to the young alpha, Beck looked up at him with knitted eyebrows. "Why are you telling me this? Why did you save me from Crystal? Why were you following me?"

"Cause I have a brother too," Aiden breathed, looking down at Beck. "And I would want to know if he was alive."

"And the reason why you were following me?"

"Just keeping an eye on you," Aiden said, before turning and leaving Beck alone in the forest.

STILES AND ALLISON carried Scott between them as they stumbled towards the bathroom of the rest stop.

Slowly they placed Scott on the ground, trying to ignore the smell. Allison lifted his shirt, revealing deep claw marks surrounded by black blood.

"Oh my God," Allison gasped at the sight of her ex's injury. "Why didn't you tell us?"

"Sorry," Scott breathed in pain, a small smile pulling at his lips from the concern his ex was showing for him.

Allison nodded slowly, studying the pained look on Scott's face. "Okay. Just give us a second, okay?" Standing quickly, Allison moved towards Lydia and Stiles. "This shouldn't be happening. I've seen him heal from worse than this."

Stiles shifted on his feet before pulling out his phone, thumbing through his contacts. "I'm calling Beck," he muttered with a shake of his head.

"What? Why?" Allison gasped.

"Because even if she's not a werewolf, she knows more about this than we do. She might know what's going on." Stiles snapped as he gestured to Scott before putting his phone on speaker.

Allison and Lydia nodded their heads as they waited for the small blonde to answer.

"Hey, how's the meet?" Beck's voice called through the speaker of the phone once the ringing stopped. "Anything exciting happen?"

"You're on speaker with me, Lydia, Allison, and Scott," Stiles rambled quickly as he placed a hand on his hip. "Scott's not healing."

There was a pause before Beck spoke again. "What?"

"Listen, Scott was scratched last night and he still hasn't healed," Stiles explained as he waved a hand at his best friend in pain on the floor like Beck could see him. "What do we do?"

"If he was scratched by an alpha it's gonna take time to heal," Beck explained slowly.

"But Beck, Scott's been injured worse than this and he still healed," Allison argued.

"Were those injuries made by an alpha?"

"Well..." Allison stuttered as she looked up at Stiles and Lydia. "I... I don't think they-"

"Look, it's the power of the alpha," Beck explained, cutting Allison off. "When an alpha scratches a beta, it's meant to be punishment. For a werewolf, the scratch of an alpha will heal at the same rate as if I were to cut Stiles with a knife. It will take time. But Scott will heal, you just need to be patient."

"But Beck, we've been patient and it's not healing," Stiles cried, waving his hand around. "If anything, it's getting worse. Here, let me send you a picture." Stiles stepped towards Scott, snapping a picture of his injury. Scott looked up at Stiles with knitted eyebrows as his best friend stepped back to the girls.

"No! Stiles, don't send me a-"

With a final tap, Stiles sent the image to Beck. "Sent. Did you get it?"

After a pause, they all heard the small blonde begin to gag on the other end. "Yep," she called weakly before gagging again. "Just got it. And now it's seared into my brain. Thank you for that."

"And?"

Beck sighed before speaking. "Yeah, if it was healing it's not supposed to look like that," Beck muttered.

"So, what should we do?"

"I..." Beck stuttered before releasing another sigh. "I don't know. He should be healing. The only thing I can think you could do is to help him heal."

"And how do you suggest we do that?" Stiles sighed, his hand falling still at his side.

Lydia released a hum before leaning forward, her eyes focused on Scott slumped against the bathroom wall. "Beck, do you think it could be psychological?"

Everyone looked at Lydia as Beck called through the phone. "What?"

"What-what do you mean, like, psychosomatic?" Stiles asked.

"Somatoformic," Lydia corrected. "A physical illness from a psychogenic cause."

"I'm gonna need a better description than that," Beck called as Stiles waved his hand for Lydia to further explain.

"Yes, it's all in his head."

"All in his head?" Beck asked from the phone. "So, what, Scott doesn't want to heal? Why?"

"Because of Derek," Stiles breathed looking from Lydia to Allison then down at Scott. "He's not letting himself heal cause Derek died."

"He's forcibly punishing himself," Beck said in realization. "He's guilty because he blames himself for Derek's death."

"So, what do we do?" Allison asked, glancing down at the phone Stiles was still holding out. Stiles and Lydia glanced down too, waiting for Beck's answer.

"Oh, are you waiting for me?" Beck asked after a long pause.

"Well, you are the werewolf expert," Stiles said with a wave of his hand.

"Why do I have to be the werewolf expert? I never agreed to that."

"Just tell us what we need to do, Beck," Allison begged as she snatched the phone from Stiles.

"What I told you earlier," Beck snapped from the other end. "Help him heal. Stitch him up."

Stiles and Allison shared a shocked look as Lydia began rummaging through her purse. Finding what she was looking for, Lydia pulled out a mini sewing kit. "She's right. Maybe all he needs to do is just believe it's healing."

"Am I done here?" Beck asked from the phone still in Allison's hand as the brunette looked at her strawberry-blonde friend in shock.

"Yes," Stiles said as he took back his phone. "Thank you, Beck."

"You're welcome. Keep me updated, please."

"Of course," Stiles said before hanging up.

IT WAS ALREADY dark by the time Beck made it to Derek's loft. Beck waited in the elevator as it lifted her up, not even noticing the drops of blood on the floor.

By the time she reached the door, Beck stopped, noticing it was wide open. Cautiously, Beck walked forward before stopping again at what she saw.

"Ms. Blake?" Beck gasped as her English teacher hovered over a body on Derek's bed.

Ms. Blake released a shriek as she turned, eyes landing on the confused blonde. Beck tilted her head as she looked down at the body next to her.

"DEREK!" Beck screamed as she tossed her bag to the side and ran to her brother.

Ms. Blake watched astonished as Beck climbed onto the bed, her hands searching Derek. "Ms. Hale, what... what are you doing here?"

Not tearing her eyes away from Derek, Beck placed two fingers on his neck, desperate to feel his energy. Slowly, a light spark pushed against her fingers. He was still alive.

Releasing a sigh, Beck's head fell before she rolled it up to look at her teacher. "He's my older brother," Beck whispered before turning back to Derek. Suddenly, Beck shook her head, looking up at Ms. Blake. "What are you doing here?"

"I-I found him. Or actually, he found me." Ms. Blake whispered while watching Beck run her hand over Derek's chest, but not physically touching him. "Are... are you... are you like him?"

Beck's head shot up towards Ms. Blake, eyes wide with shock at her question. "What... what do you mean?"

"I mean..." Ms. Blake vaguely gestured towards her eyes before raising both hands to make them look like claws, growling softly.

She knew. Ms. Blake knew that Derek was different. That Derek was a werewolf.

"No," Beck murmured with a slow shake of her head. Standing quickly, Beck grabbed Ms. Blake's wrist, looking her dead in the eye. "And you can't tell anyone about him."

"I-I won't," Ms. Blake gasped as she shook her head. "I promise."

Nodding her head, Beck returned to kneeling at her brother's side. "He'll be fine," Beck whispered before standing from the bed again. "He's healing and he'll come to in about an hour."

"It's late," Ms. Blake said, reaching a hand out to rest it on Beck's arm. "You should head home."

Stepping away, Beck turned to grab her bag. "I'll be in my room," Beck muttered as she headed towards the stairs. Turning, Beck glared down at Ms. Blake. "Don't make me regret letting you stay." Without another word, Beck left her English teacher alone with her brother.

Slamming the door, Beck fought releasing a scream. Why Ms. Blake? Why her English teacher? Derek could go after literally any girl he wanted, and he chooses her English teacher. Isn't there a law against that?

Flopping down on her bed, Beck plugged in her phone before checking to see if she had any messages from Stiles.

Nothing.

Groaning, Beck bit her lip. She was worried. What if something happened to Scott?

Tapping on Stiles's contact, Beck lifted her phone to her ear as she listened to it ring. A weird noise sounded once the ringing stopped. Knitting her eyebrows together, Beck glanced down at the screen. Yeah, he answered.

"Stiles?" Beck said into the receiver. Another weird sound answered her, prompting Beck to continue. "Hey, I was just calling to check on Sc-"

"Can't talk," Stiles snapped in a hurry. "Trying to stop werewolves from killing themselves. Talk later!"

"What?" Beck gasped as the line went dead. Glancing down at the screen again, Beck realized Stiles hung up on her. "Stiles?" Beck called into the phone desperately. "Stiles?!"

What was going on?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 598 47
-If you ever try to change me, I'll hunt you and everyone else you love. -You know we won't stop trying to bring you back. Especially Scott. -That'...
861K 23K 61
Derek was supposed to hate Maeve, he had to hate Maeve. Yet, he found himself undeniably in love with her. COMPLETE ( with epilogue and bonus chapter...
60.5K 1.8K 33
A town full of supernatural beings, secrets and teenagers trying to get through high school and live normal lives; a teenage girl moves back to Beaco...
1.1M 19.3K 154
☼ imagines and preferences for the teen wolf characters. [ WRITTEN WHEN I WAS YOUNG, SOME ARE BAD ] mtv's teen wolf -gothlunch 2016-2017 COMPLE...