Immortal

perrymeade tarafından

When Eveny dies because of an incredibly stupid accident, no one can believe it. But when she comes back to l... Daha Fazla

Death is the Beginning
Danny Boy's Apologies
Stupid stairs and the Mortician
Things that happen in the Rain
Damn it, People!
Batty's job
Drugs
I'm Drunk (I think. I wish...I hope)
Miguel
Something is changing
Shadow walkers
The voices in my head
The Love of a Greek
The Spirit of Christmas
Stronger
Romance?
The light inside
Blending in
Rosie
Untitled Part 22
The Smoky Place (Part 1)
Eros
The Smoky Place (Part 2)
Intruder
Reintroduced
Turmoil
Distractions
Bathroom adventures.
Potato sack girl
A friend- *cough* stalker!
Child's play
Concrete Superwoman
Crash Landing from the Potato Sack
(in)Famous and (mis)fortunate
Strange Encounters with the Vanquisher
Back home in the past

The Smoky Place (Part 3)

24 2 0
perrymeade tarafından

He didn't say a word. He walked up to me and we were left staring into each other's eyes. It was hard to make myself look into his eyes but once I did, I felt acceptance and belonging. He looked down at me from his great height, short enough to pass for a human at first glance but when observed closely, he was taller than any human.

He reached out his hand, almost as if he was about to touch my cheek. I leaned in instinctively, as if I had done this a thousand times before. Instead of touching my cheek, though, his hand swept through my cheek. His hand made a sweeping motion, as if he was blowing something away.

All I could do was stare at him as some memories appeared into my mind, as if they had always been there. How many times had I admired his candid beauty, his regal power.

I could tell he was doing something to do with his 'line of work' because he had that look he always had on his face when he was working. The calm, melancholy nostalgia that always took over him. I felt as if I had been starved without him and now, I ached to stay with him.

When he was done, a small sad expression came over his face. I wanted to do something, to touch his cloak, his hair, his cheek, to make sure he was in front of me. But I couldn't, I was frozen and left with the feeling that he would be ripped away from me again.

He didn't touch me. He hardly did. He rarely changed his expression or tone of voice. He rarely touched me at all. And yet, he was still so sensual.

I continued watching him, my heart breaking with every second. He lifted his hand and touched my forehead, then continued to drag his fingers down my face, to my nose. He stopped at my lips and left them lingering there for a few precious moments. He leaned forward and disappeared.

I was left feeling choked and cheated.

I stared at the space where he had been standing, the Smoky place disappearing all around me, as if it was fading into the background. I willed him to come back, desperately, though I knew he only went places at his own will.

"Eveny," Miguel said, running towards me. I had ended up a few meters away from Miguel and Amber. "Calm down. We can figure this out."

I looked at them, then back at the spot where He had just been. The pressure that was on my mind before, the same one that came along with the smoky place, was gone. My emotions were in check again.

"I'm fine," I said, a little stunned. Why did he have to leave so quick?

Miguel and Amber kept acting like I was still and emotional wreck. Amber was grabbing my face like I was having a seizure and Miguel was checking my pulse. I shook Miguel off and pushed Amber away. "Guys, I'm fine."

They stepped back and looked at me with confusion. "I- what happened to you?" Miguel demanded, angry at once. "Are you trying to play a trick- what happened just then?"

I didn't know whether to tell them about Him visiting me. It felt like a small secret, the memory of him was something I wanted to keep to myself.

"I don't know," I said. It wasn't a lie. "Everything went....I- I felt a weight get taken off my mind," I said. Not a lie, either.

"We should get you back to our place. I want to check if everything is alright with you," Amber said.

As she and Miguel discussed everything, I decided somthing.

Stuff it. I couldn't survive on my own. I thought I had managed to convince myself that I didn't care if I died. But after His visit...

I swallowed my fear.

I would live. Even if I would only get to see him one last time.

-

I was laying on a carpet in Miguel's underground library. It wasn't so much underground and it was in a small courtyard, that had been placed into a large hole.

We could see the garden outside but it was below the normal soil.

As I watched the rose plants outside, swaying in the wind, a tear found it's way down my cheek. In my own surprise, I touched it and looked at my hand in surprise.

"Don't move," Amber murmured, concentrating on doing something to me. She placed her hands over my chest and I watched as her hands began to give of a small glow.

-

She looked around, sensing a familiar prescence. One she hadn't ever met but had recognised instantly.

Everything about the place oozed power. She couldn't move but she delved deeper into Eveny's mind, trying to find the source of the memory.

It was hard. It was like sensing the ocean, an ocean of power and memories, right behind a wall of closely interlocking trees that you couldn't navigate through. Even though the ocean seemed to be raging and roaring behind the impenetrable defense of the trees.

Small slivers of memory would seep through the cracks but then would be absorbed quickly by the 'trees'.

Smart, she thought to herself. A very effective memory containment.

She tried to peer past the trees, to go deeper into Eveny's mind but she couldn't. Whoever had blocked her memories had ensured they would stay that way. Unattainable.

But...she could still catch the tiny slivers.

She stood in between the trees, waiting for a memory to pass by that would allow her to get some glimpse of Eveny.

A memory slivered out. Golden and slim, slivering like a burning ribbon, floating through the air. If she didn't catch it soon, it would put itself out.

She concentrated on linking herself to the memory-

A hand stroking down her skin. Warm and cold at the same time.

Her skin- or what appeared to be her skin- rejected the touch.

Warm words, so loving and yet so evil and dangerous, whispered into her ear by the man behind her.

She yelled and pulled awa-

She was jerked out of the memory, like the block had a mind of its own and had realized an intruder was spying. She concentrated on finding another memory. She couldn't find one.

It was like the ocean had realized and had calmed itself down, knowing she was prying. Hiding itself.

Almost like prey would do when it sensed its hunter near by.

She searched desperately again, trying to find any sign of entrance to Eveny's mind. She tried to use her powers to disguise her prescence in her mind but that only seemed to make the ocean calmer. It seemed to have stopped altogether.

Reluctantly, accepting she wouldn't be able to find anything else for sometime, she pulled out of Eveny's mind.

-

"Did you find anything?" Miguel asked.

Amber shook her head, looking slightly unsatisfied. "Not anything that made sense- given, we don't really know anything about Eveny's path," she said. I was lying on the ground, still, watching them. I didn't know exactly what Amber had done but I was pretty sure she had been inside my mind (it sounds crazy to me, too), even though I knew they were trying to help, I didn't like the thought of someone being inside my mind.

Except maybe Anthony. He was always in my mind, but then again, he was a figment of my imagination. My imaginary friend. He was pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

Amber's gaze pinned me down, from where she was sitting on one of the many persian rugs in the library, I could see she looked disturbed.

"Eveny, do you remember anything about..." she paused, looking for the right word. "Rejecting someone?"

A memory, at the back of my mind, niggled. I tried to grasp it, to bring it to the surface and remember but I couldn't.

"No."

"Rejection?" Miguel asked, bewildered and indignant. "What do you mean by rejection?"

Amber's eyebrows creased. "I couldn't see much, or anything, really," she said. "But I saw someone..."

She paused long enough for Dante to do ten girls, five times each and for George to find him and start World War Z2: Attack of the Bimbo Zombies.

"Is she alright?" I asked Miguel, apprehensively.

He gave me a glare. "Don't doubt an angel. She is far more pure than you," he said.

I jumped to my feet. "Oh, yeah? Why's that? Because I'm a shadow-walker?" I snapped. I walked towards him, angrily. "Well, guess what, hot shot, you're a shadow-walker, too. That makes us exactly the same."

"At least," he said, crossing his arms somewhat childishly. "I'm not stupid enough to get caught by vampires."

"I didn't even know they existed!" I yelled.

"Are you seriously that stupid that you still believe things don't exist?" he raged back, his spanish accent far more pronounced now.

"I'm sorry, Miguel," I made my voice even louder so it was more strained. "People in this century generally don't . Believe. In. Vampires! No one even hears about them anymore!"

"Haven't you seen Twilight?!" he yelled angrily.

I stopped in my tracks. "Wait- you've seen Twilight?" I asked, confusion lacing my voice. I stared up at the shadow-walker in front of me.

"I-it...it was an accident," he said, miserably.

Immediately, my mood did a one-eighty.

"You can't accidentally watch a movie," I said. " Not unless someone forced you too."

"I didn't watch the movie!" he snapped, his face going red.

Inside, I clapped my hands gleefully. This was gold. "But you said it was an accident," I said, trying to draw the answer out of him. "So, if you didn't watch the movies, that means you read the book."

"No..."

"Oh, my gosh! You have! You totally did!" I laughed in disbelief, jumping up and down. "I can't believe that you of all people, have read it!"

I continued laughing and his mood sunk increasingly. I clapped my hands in delight and just imagined him reading and watching the saga.

"Stop it," he commanded, in a tone that would probably scare other people but since I had seen him on the toilet and he annoyed me increasingly. So, I think I had a right to laugh.

My laughter increased.

"Do you find this funny," he boomed. "Even when we are trying to help you figure out your past?"

I stopped laughing but still let out a few chuckles, wiping the tears from my eyes. I looked up at Miguel, seriously, nodding in agreement to him.

"No but, seriously: Team Edward or Team Jacob?" I asked. I tried not to burst out laughing.
He let out a frustrated growl and stormed off. I was left, laughing at the irony of it.

I was in a room that Miguel and Amber had let me stay in. I couldn't sleep with the memory of him in my head. The longing and nervousness in my stomach wouldn't go away. I rolled over many yes but I still couldn't get my mind off him.
I had so many questions.
If I had been a little more prepared would I have been able to make him explain himself to me? Why had he made the smoky place disappear? Who exactly was he? And why am I so caught up in my thoughts of him?
I stared at the ceiling and tried to ignore the thoughts of him but it was hard.
Maybe if I think of him hard enough, he'll reappear. I concentrated on going deep into my mind, back into all my memories. A strange feeling washed over me, like I was under a heavy blanket.
It was kind of strange, like if I moved or concentrated my attention somewhere else, the blanket would snap.
I didn't know how long I was like that for but eventually I started to feel even more light headed. I wondered if I was close to calling him.
Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a dark figure.
It was him! He came!
I turned to look at him but then I realised something.
The little moonlight that was shining through my window, was shining on his hair. And instead of being brown, his hair was white.
I sat up and looked at him. The weird feeling in my head made everything cloudy so it took me a few seconds to realise that it was not him standing in my room, but a stranger.

Sorry for taking so long with this chapter.
Also, check out my new story The Worst Kind of Guy which I promise will be written a lit better than this one. Thanks

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

123 1 22
Rosey makes a point to find the truth about her complicated life but it soon becomes too hard to handle when it all comes knocking at her door all at...
17.3K 3K 36
Erik's mate, Katharina, died eighty years ago. Werewolf mates are for life; there are no break-ups or second chances. On the night of the Blood Moon...
438 3 17
Raven has fought, survived, and won the war. Everything is going to be fine, right? A few months later, nightmares visit Raven once again and this t...
3.4K 133 29
(I still need to edit but for now its complete ) She Dangerous, A killer that everyone knows about. They never saw her but if you did your already de...