Close to You || Ash Lynx (Ban...

By jijinbap

"Just like me, they long to be, close to you." (y/n) lives a normal life-a struggling student whose only wor... More

Prologue: Why do birds suddenly appear?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
NOT AN UPDATE (NEW BOOK)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
NOT AN UPDATE AGAIN (I'm sorry)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL & NEW YEAR SPECIAL
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 13

3.8K 202 382
By jijinbap

"Where did you get this?" You grabbed his phone to inspect the photo further, it was indeed you, holding Golzine's hand inside a high-technology laboratory. Shorter bit the inside of his cheek, he too was scared to know the truth about you, you really did seem like a good person. You kind off grew on him that is why it hurts to see that picture and it was taken quite recently too.

"My informant found it. Figured we needed more information about Abraham Dawson but that's what he found instead."

He had recieved this information earlier and he already told Ash about it but Ash did not want to confront you, instead, he told Shorter to keep it first and let you, do whatever your motives was. Shorter is a straightforward guy and tend to take the safest lane as possible, Ash will beat him up later but atleast, he is clear of who you really are.

"You never do listen, do you?" Shorter chuckled, sensing the presence of his friend behind them. He turned around to see Ash leaning on the wall, arms crossed together and his expression was stoic.

There was no telling on what the lynx is feeling right now, they were both waiting for you to say something.

"I'm an impatient man. You know how I feel about loyalty." There was a glint present in Shorter's eyes, unlike Ash, Shorter was more aggressive and do not mind to get his hands dirty. In fact, he takes pleasure from it. There were a lot of them who decided to betray not only Shorter but also Ash, and Shorter took care of them swiftly.

"Are you sure this is real? When was this taken?" You questioned, your voice cracking driven by the emotions that surged unto you. Your mind was clouded with different voices, they clammored for your attention. You tried to remain calm, to still your breathing but you were hyperventilating.

It can't be real, it was just impossible...

"Woah, woah, calm down. It's okay, we won't kill you. We just need you to be honest baby doll..." Shorter immediately noticed the difference in your demeanor, he comforted you with an unsure smile, he did not know how to calm you down because the only way he knows to calm girls down is through physical affection and he respected your personal space way too much, even if you did turn out to be a foe. Your brought your hands to your chest, your raging heart thudded in your chest. Your feet tingled as the blood pounded in your ears, even your vision became disfigured; as if you were looking through a fish-eye lens. Before you could do any more damage to yourself, Ash stepped in, forcing your body to turn towards him by putting both his hand on your shoulders.

"Shhh...breathe...come on, breathe with me."

You closed your eyes shut, your hands became clenched into a fist. It was so tight that your nails dug into your palms, you just wanted to feel something, to distract you from yourself. Breathing was hard, it was really hard. You mimicked the way Ash is breathing, taking deep breathes and exhaling until there was no air left in your lungs whenever he did.

Time seems to have lost its essence, you didn't know how long you have been clinging to Ash and for once, you didn't care. He wiped the tears that stained your face, his eyes reflected all his emotions. Your hands latched on to his shirt, you burried you face more to his chest. Your voice was muffled and low, but Ash have caught on to it all.

"She's alive...I can't believe my sister is alive.."

You pushed yourself away from him, your head hung low, convering your whole face with your hair. You stared at the wounds you have punctured in your palms, the red blood the seeped through reminded you of all the guilt you have been living with.

"What do you mean..." Ash ran his hand through your hair, he wanted to see your face, he wanted you to look at him.

You brought his hand down, no, you do not deserved to be comforted.

"That picture...that's not me." You let out a bitter laugh, your emotions overlapped each other, you didn't know what to express more, your sorrow or your anger? You took a deep breath, you finally faced them but your gaze flits around the room, never settling to focus on one view as your mind processed what you're going to say.

Shorter and Ash did not mind how long it was for them to hear it, they did not pressure you at all. They waited for you to go at your own pace.

"It's my twin sister, Alistair." You gave them a strained smile, you took off the pendant that you were wearing which revealed a picture of the two you. "I was going to tell you about it earlier Ash, right before Shorter came in. I was about to to tell you...what if I'm involved with Golzine?" You played with the pendant's chain, you were not used to opening up to someone let alone two people.

Yet you set all those doubts aside, letting yoursled breakdown to the people you knew you could trust because at this point, you needed them. You can't save your sister alone, you can't get her out of Golzine's hands like she did alone, you were never strong enough.

But they can serve as your strength.

You decided to unravel your past to them, the truth you kept on escaping from but it still manages to corner you every single time you made progress to put it behind. It was time to confront it and it rendered both illogical and logical fears in you.

"I lied about my sister being given the drug for money. I mean, it is true but not all of it. My mother and father were both renowned scientists for their discoveries in mutations of dna through genetic engineering but they were robbed off from their licenses upon being caught on doing unethical and inhumane experiments. They then decided to have kids to serve as lab rats for all their experiments and they were hired by different rich authorities to create drugs from all kinds, ranging from lethal ones to mild ones..." You took off Ash's jacket, and revealed your back to them.

"Oh, shit..." Shorter couldn't stop himself, he wasn't expecting to see such horrible sight.

Your whole back was covered with a large '01'; the condition of your scar were evidences that it was some sort of a burnt mark. You pulled your shirt down, plopping yourself back on the wooden porch. They were both shocked on what you have revealed to them, you were also aware what they are thinking about you right now.

You assured them, "It's fine. I don't really remember the pain, it's just sucks to see it there..."

The scar on your back was a grave reminder of who you are and what your sole purpose was and you hated yourself for that. All your anxiety, all your nightmares, everything in your life is a reflection of your past that you can't move on as it always drags you back down. Your past was chained to you and even if you break all your limbs, it will remain with you until a bullet runs to your head.

"They then landed on the project, Banana Fish. Golzine hired them and that's when the two of us became crucial part of the research. They tested the first ever version of the drug on me first, that's why I was labeled as 01. The second version was tested on my sister. The problem was, my body rejected the drug. No matter how many times they tested it on me, my body was not able to react to the way they wanted it to be. My sister on the other hand, she was very responsive. I was then useless from then on, and was kept for their other experiments as my sister suffered every single day, opening her and stitching her back up over and over again."

You then remembered your father, he too had his own set of experiments on you. "My father was not deeply involved in Banana Fish, he had another assignment. Apparently, Golzine wanted an assassin to do all his dirty work. So, my father wanted to enhance my genes up until I am almost unkillable." You brought out your dagger, using the blade to slice through your palms, enough to draw a huge amount if blood. Ash grabbed the dagger out of your hands, almost growling at you, "What the fuck are you doing?!" You hissed at the slight ting of pain, you forced your hands out of his grip.

"Just look." You brought your palms closer to their line of sight, their eyes widening upon seeing the blood slowly stop seeping from the cut.

"He made me have the ability to regenerate."

You covered your ears, the scream of your sister was too loud that you didn't want to hear it anymore. She was in horrible pain, they operated on her without any anesthesia because she "misbehaved" by giving you a piece of her loaf. You were locked in a dark crate, it was suffocating to be inside such tight space while hearing the painful cries of your beloved sister.

"Hear that (y/n)? Your sister is in pain because you don't listen to your mother." There was a collision on the crate you were in, your mother must have kicked it.

"Pathetic. I don't understand why your father still wants you. You're just a waste of space." You covered your mouth, not wanting to let her hear you because if she did, maybe you won't have a tongue the next time.

You prayed for someone to save you, you prayed for God to help you or to even just save your sister.

No one answered to your calls.

"She never resented me. Everyday she promised me she'll get us both out of there, and she did. She managed to kill my mother's assistant before she had her daily dosage of the drug. We planned to burn the whole facility but my mother had caught us in the act so my sister fought with her as I ran away and proceeded to start the fire. I waited in the blind spot we planned to meet up and she was already there but she was bleeding heavily. We were already being cornered on all sides, she made me close my eyes and then she pushed me down the trash chute. That was the last time I saw her."

Ash and Shorter had a hard time grasping all the information you have given them abruptly. It didn't need to be said, but your parents are more wicked than Golzine is for what they have done to their own flesh and blood.

"Hold on, my mind is starting to ache from all that motherfucker have been doing. God, I hope I'm not placed in the same hell he would be in because I don't think I can stay in the same place as him. That's really fucked up." Ash smacked his head paired with a glare. Shorter tensed up, hands up in defense, "I mean, wow. That must have been tough." Ash rolled his eyes upon the reply of his friend.

"It's okay, I didn't tell you guys to gain your sympathy. I want to ask for you help. If my sister is alive, there's a high chance that my parents are too."

Shorter sighed, "Man, we're up against the major mafia boss in New York and evil scientists? I'm pumped. That bastard will definitely go down now, I'll promise that to you, little supergirl." You smiled at his words. The weight on your chest finally lightened, they never judged you, they didn't even thought bad of you.

Tears sprung back in your eyes, making the two men panic.

Ash shot Shorter a look, "What did you do now?!" Shorter raised his shoulder, gesturing that he doesn't know.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cry. The two of you are really great people. It's too good to be true to be honest." You admitted, they relaxed at the small laugh you gave them. Ash linked his hand on to the top of your head, "You don't have to be sorry, it is not your fault. Okay? It's that fucker Golzine and your lunatic parent's fault. " Is what he said but in his mind, he thought, "I'll kill them."

You were still bothered, it was evident in you face and your body gestures. Ash bit his lips, unsure if what he's about to do is okay or not. He stretched his arms, both ears and cheeks was dusted in a pinkish tone. Shorter arched his brow, confused at what he was doing. Like Shorter,you tilted your head too in wonder.

"Do you want a hug?"

The lynx coughed to relieve himself off from the awkwardness. You didn't waste anytime, you've already put down all your shields at this point and grabbed the opportunity to wrap yourself on to his torso. You have never felt so safe before, it was as if nothing mattered as soon as you were in his embrace.

Shorter whistled, enjoying the interaction between the two. "I want a hug too." He then pouted which made you chuckle, you stretched out your arm to invite him. Shorter tackled the two of you, sending all three of you to the floor.

"Alright this is weird." Ash exclaimed, he was currently trapped in the middle of you and Shorter.

"But comforting." You added, as you snuggled close, letting your eyelids drop.

"I can agree to that." A yawn escaped from Shorter's mouth. Ash looked at both his side, he was really weirded out by the current situation. "Alright, it's time to let go." He announced, wiggling off your grasps. Shorter grinned, he laid his elbow on the floor, letting his chin rest on his palms. "I never thought I'd see the day the very Ash Lynx offers a hug to a gi-" Ash covered Shorter's mouth with his hands, shushing him in the process.

"Say another word and I'll rip your piercings off." Shorter gestured to zip up his mouth in compliance. Ash placed his hands down and wiped it on the fabric of Shorter's jeans. He heard some soft snores coming from you, apparently, you already passed out on the floor due to exhaustion. He noted that your breathing was steady and your lips were slightly parted, it's a good how you're already sleeping soundly. Ash placed the strands framing your face behind your ears. You scrunched your nose in response, muttering incoherences before turning to the other side.

Ash noticed his jacket was lifted, he could see the trail of what you have shown earlier. He couldn't understand how you have gone through all that yet still remain the person you are today; a little aggressive but also gentle in your own way. You really did resemble the characteristics of a chihuahua.

Shorter was aware that the gaze the lynx gave lingered on you so long that he can't ignore the way it longed for you. Eiji and you were special to his friend, he looked up, staring at the stars and wished to protect the two of you. If there ever comes a time  when all of you are in a pinch, Shorter is willing to be the sacrificial lamb for the sake of all.

He took the glasses tucked in his shirt, opening them up before putting them on again. Dusting both if his hands, he rested them on the nape of his neck. He stood up, after such heavy atmosphere, all he wanted to do now was to also passed out on the floor. "You better take supergirl here, inside before she catches a cold." Ash didn't need to be told twice.

He gave you a soft shake, waking you up instantly. You glared at him for disturbing you in your sleep but decided not to say anything. He guided you to your bed, you were too drowsy that you almost bumped into the door earlier if it weren't for Ash. You tucked yourself with the blankets, immediately feeling the comfort it bring that is enough to lul you back to your sleep.

"Thankyou, Ash..." You uttered softly.

Ash can't help but smile, it wasn't really something people say to him. You always seem to tell him the things he rarely hear from others, he never for once doubted you when Shorter showed him the picture earlier. He was actually scared you were involved with Dino, in another way.

As he went to lay on his own space for rest, he found himself staring at the ceiling. He thought  about Max and Shorter's comment on you, did he really developed a soft spot for you?

No, the real question here is what does he feels about you?

Does he like you? Ash crossed the thought. No, it's not that sort of like, he did find you interesting at first but not in a way he'd develop any deep romantic feelings for you. You and Eiji reminded him of Skip, the two of you gave him the strength to carry on the battle. You reminded him why he's not afraid of risking his life, there's just something in him that drives him to be more of himself when there's someone who needs him, someone who he needs to protect.

You gave the lynx hope that he too, can dream and has the ability to reach his dreams. Ash had found something that made him forget about yesterday and dream about tomorrow; he'd do anything to protect his found hope.

—--—

"(y/n), no....Don't do it!" Ash struggled in his bounds. You looked at Eiji who was on the ground, looking at you with the same expression, your decision here will greatly affect everyone in this room.

You chose to do what you needed to do. l

You gave him an apologetic smile,

"I'm sorry Ash, don't save me okay?"

—--—

SEE I TOLD YOU GUYS YOU I'D UPDATE SOON!! I DON'T DISAPPOINT HOHO~ I FINALLY HAVE REVEALED WHO Y/N IS AND THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GO SOUTH FROM HERE. Feel free to ask me questions about anything, I might just answer them.

Here's a little spoiler (if you don't want one don't read it i warned you)
.
.
.
.
.
.
Shorter actually developed a small crush on (y/n) but will never act upon it because he values his loyalty to Ash too much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...