Jazz Up

By Trintrinas

Life is life, you never know what's going to happen nexts or what's to expect. See how Huey and Jazmine's une... More

Pilot
Halloween
Sleep Over
Triple Date
Deception
The Hill
First Date
Love Sick
Lie Detector
Museum
Christmas Eve
Happy New Year
New Beginnings
Basketball
Valentine's Day
Black History Celebration
Game Night
Spying
Spring Festival
Dull Day
Unforgettable Night
Parting Ways
The Fallen Mind

The Drive

1K 22 16
By Trintrinas

I was standing in my closet trying to figure out what I was going to wear to school. I picked out a bunch of outfits that just didn't satisfy me. I picked out some ripped jeans, a tight fitted crop top, and a pair of white air jordans. I did my edges and pulled my hair back into a ponytail. I checked myself in the mirror before I left my room and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

I saw both of my parents at the table talking to each other about some cases they both were doing. My mom had a plate ready for me at the table so I just sat down and said "Good Morning Mom and Dad!" with a smile on my face. "Good morning my little princess!" "Good morning Honey!" they had said to me. I started to eat my oatmeal first before I could move to the fruit last.

"So Jazmine what are you going to be doing today?" my mother had asked me taking a bite of her strawberry. "After-school I'm going to dance practice and then maybe hang out with Cindy," I told them. My parents always ask me what I'm going to do today before I leave for school. They want to be given a heads up so they know where I am. I usually tell them dance practice and then hanging out with the gang.

"I'm surprised," my mother mumbled. "Why's that?" I was curious as to why she was surprised. "Because you're usually hanging out with Huey, what happened between you two?" she simply asked. "I'm kinda upset with him because he didn't help my case with talking with a boy from school," I explained to her as I heard my dad kinda choke on his coffee. "A boy you say?" he looked at me. "Yes, he texted me, and knowing me I easily get nervous so I asked Huey for help, but instead of Huey helping me he decided to turn off my phone," I explained.

"Oh wow, I'm not surprised but that seems like enough help since you were nervous," my father seems to be in thought about it. "Yeah, plus I'm surprised you don't like Huey, I thought maybe you had a crush on him," my mom sighed. "WHAT!" I shouted making them look at me like I was crazy. "Well, I just thought since you're most of the time hanging out with him that you might have had a crush on him," I had squeaked looking kinda nervous.

"I don't, anymore! I stop having a crush on him a year or two after I met him. It was kinda obvious he didn't like me since he would make me run home crying most of the time," I quickly had explained to them. "Plus it doesn't seem like Huey is interested in anybody, I'm this close to thinking he is asexual," I closed in my fingers. "I always wondered if he had an interest in another person, but he didn't seem like he was focused on that type of stuff. Then again Riley is always calling him gay, so I had assumed he was homosexual," my mom started to point out.

"That's Riley being immature, I think he calls everybody and everything gay, " I told them. "I think we can all agree that Huey is most likely asexual, " my father said as my mom had nodded. Now that I think about it he could be asexual because he doesn't seem to like anybody.

I ate the rest of my breakfast and then I got an alert from my phone. I looked at my phone to see I got a text from Huey saying 'I'm outside'. "Okay mommy and daddy I have to leave for school to go get a good education, " I started to grab my backpack. "Okay sweetie, but I packed you lunch it's on the counter, " my mom pointed towards a brown bag with my name and a nice message on it. I know it's for kids, but this always makes my day!

"Thank you!" I said grabbing my lunch and waving her and my dad goodbye as I left the house. I saw Huey in the driver's seat of Mr. Freeman's old car that he let him have. It was either that or Dorothy and we all know that Mr. Freeman wasn't going to give up Dorothy. I walked towards the car and open the passenger seat in the front. I usually sit there when Riley is late, which is all the time.

I sat down and closed the door and looked at Huey. "Morning Huey," I said not looking at him. I didn't hear him say anything making it an awkward silence. "Morning Jazmine," he said after a couple of minutes. We still just sat there in awkward silence and he looked at me with an unconvincing face of sympathy. "Are you still upset with me?" he asked me as I didn't answer it.

"No," I half lied. "I'm sorry because I tried to get help from you, but knowing you; you don't get into anybody's business or situations," I apologized. He seemed surprised by what I just said. "What?" I looked at him as he was still shocked. "I didn't expect you to know any of that stuff," he simply said. "Okay, Mr. Freeman and Riley may not pay attention to your actions along with some of the others but I do, so I apologize," I told him as he still seemed taken back.

"Okay, I accept your apology," he told me. I looked at my phone to check the time and it was 7:15 a.m. Huey looked at his house and then he started the car and mumbled: "Riley slow ass can just catch the bus," then he had driven off. On the way to school, I was getting a bunch of messages from people about the Halloween party next week.

I had sighed and slouched down. "What's wrong?" I had heard Huey ask me. "Nothing!" I lied. "Come on Jazmine, I know whenever a girl sighs they want to talk about something," he explained. "Huey a bunch of girls come by you and sigh and you don't have any concern for them," I looked at him. "That's because they purposely sit beside me and do it. They're trying to specifically get my attention which I show no interest in," he explained.

"Okay, but a bunch of people from school is inviting me to their Halloween parties, even people I don't go to school with," I told him. "Then just decline all of them if you don't want to go," he simply just said. "I know, but I don't want to seem mean or rude to them," I told him. "Then just ignore them as any other rational person would do," he sighed.

"Yeah, besides me and the gang are all going to Cindy's house," I told him. "To do what, have a big ass party and have the cops called, and then get grounded for a month," he said reminiscing what happened last time. "No, we're all going to dress up and watch some scary movies at Cindy's house," I smiled and started to excitedly clap my hands. "But you're scared to watch scary movies," he said ruining my moment. "I'm not that scared, I've seen Scary Movie, it's pretty funny!" I said.

"Jazmine I don't think they are watching Scary Movie the movie, they're most likely going to watch actual scary movies," he emphasized. "Oh," I felt my mood change. "Yeah and plus why wasn't I invited?" he asked out of nowhere. This is so unexpected, Huey Percy Freeman asks why he wasn't invited to an event. "Well we all thought that you didn't want to come," I told him. "You didn't ask," he simply said. "But you say no to all the stuff we ask you," I told him.

"Like what?" he had asked me still looking at the road. "Well there was when we were planning a school fundraiser, we left to a music festival, went to the community pool, went to see a couple of movies, make some videos for our pages, and etc," I told him. "Wow, you guys did a lot of stuff without me," he said a bit surprised. "Huey we always ask you if you want to come with us, but you say no all the time. Then it just started getting to the point we stopped asking you about it because we thought you didn't want to be bothered," I explained to him.

"You're not wrong about that, but I got told by the guidance counselor that I need to start enjoying my life," he told me in a mimicking voice. "Since when did you start going to the guidance counselor?" I asked him. "Since the teachers have been complaining about me," I wasn't even going to bother to ask him because I already knew what he did.

"Well it's good that you are taking the guidance counselor's advice," I smiled just to show support. "So will you be my date to homecoming?" I asked him. It was an awkward silence for a couple of minutes until he surprisingly answered: "What about Austin?". "Well, you kinda ruined that, so this could be your way ass a makeup," I smiled knowing I took advantage of the situation.

"Yes, I will love to go with you to the dance," he tried to force a smile. I started to laugh at him trying to be nice and generous. "It's okay Huey, you don't have to go if you don't want to go, "I covered my mouth trying to contain my giggles. I heard him do a sigh of relief and just rolled my eyes. "I'll choose not to go because I hate dances," he said pulling into the school parking lot.

"Okay Huey, next time when you ask me for something; I'll make sure I purposely say: no!" I told him. "Good with me, I don't ask much from others," he smirked. He parked his car and then he turned the engine off. I got out of the car along with him and we both started to walk to the school.

I don't know if it's me or if he secretly likes to talk to me, even though he refers to me as the naive little girl across the street!

Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

526K 8.1K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
6.9K 396 34
He faked his death and the one set up to find out his true identity ends up being a love he can or can't live without.
23.8K 457 19
[EDITING] Fan fic for Jennifer Pierce and Khalil Payne from black Lightning.⚡️
22.9K 622 62
Drama, love, anguish and worst of all, growing up. All things that Huey and Riley Freeman hoped they could avoid for as long as possible whilst enjoy...