Two Sides Of A Serial Killer...

By Aurora_thoughts

He kills people for pleasure. She kills people for work. He has a dark past, she has secrets. He is fascin... More

☠️ Preface🔪
Prologue
1: The Club
2: Spin The Bottle
3: You're Welcome
4: Thirst For Freedom
5: End Of The Night
6: Devil's Lair
7: Thanks But No Thanks
8: Whiskey Neat
9: The Hawk
10: Poor Little Fingers
11: Voodoo Magic
13: Rest In Piece
14: Seal The Deal
15: The Right Justice
16: A Cup Of Keir
17: Double Trouble
18: Unclassified
19: Deadly Sleep
20: Gorgeous
21: Mutual
22: Night Dreamer
23: Ephialtes
24: Precarious
25: Post Vacation Blues
26: Insurgent Killer
27: Ultimate Ruin
28: Make Sense
29: Push And Pull
30: Woke Up Hurting
31: The Zebra
32: Endure The Risk
33: Not Today
34: The Biggest Mistake
35: Highs Too High
36: Lows Too Low
37: Move On
38: It's Over
☯︎ Epilogue - Two Sides ☯︎
Cast And Aesthetics ❣︎

12: Devil In Disguise

291 16 4
By Aurora_thoughts

It felt like Selene was reliving the same day in hell. She used to meet her clients at town outskirts but when she realised that cops were prying there, she changed the place to Downtown's only night club.

So obviously every scoundrel in the town will be there, including Keir. When her paths crossed with him, her life sped up like a rollercoaster. And definitely not in a good way. She had enough murders and crime on her hand, Keir just made it worse and fresh.

So standing in the parking lot staring at the Hudson club board felt like reliving those dreadful moments. And the best part, Haden is smoking a joint right next to her.

He dropped the bomb that he will be tagging along with her when she was just about to head here. Even after insisting that she doesn't need him to babysit her, he was persistent. Surely he had his doubts on what actually happened at this club.

But Selene's concern was Keir. She dreaded that they might cross paths and it won't end well. Although she was confused for who she was concerned about Keir, Haden or herself?

"Shall we go, darling?" He asked, drawing the last puff and putting it off on the ground.

They made their way to the door with Haden's hand firmly placed on her bare lower back. He made her ditch her jeans and leather jacket and instead suggested what she is wearing now.

The thigh length dress's back was very low, exposing all of her spine and the finger width straps of her dress barely supported her bust. A small V slit on her right thigh was just icing on the cake.

It was revealing, slutty even but she didn't mind. Selene might not have a great soul but she had a great body and she is proud of what it can do to men. They were scanning her atrociously and turned their gaze away now and then when Haden caught them staring at her.

"Hmmph!" Haden gave a scoff, "These men can't take eyes off you."

"Yeah well blame the dress and the person who made me wear it." She glared at him.

He gave out a throaty laugh and pulled her over his lap. They were sitting on a corner couch, it was rather silent than the bar stools that she usually sat on.

"Haden what are you-" He pulled her even closer to him, she tried to pull back but his grip was persistent.

They froze when the bartender approached them. She was in her early twenties, blond and wore a short skirt with a coat of makeup to hide the bags under her eyes.

"Mr. Reyes, What do you like to have?" her voice was sweet like honey.

"Please call me Haden and I'd like to have sex on the beach," He smirked flirtariously.

She blushed and nodded, writing it down.

"and you madame?" She asked, turning to her.

"Uh- a margarita."

The woman noted and turned around giving one last look at Haden and walked away. Their open flirtation didn't bother Selene, what bothered her is that she looked familiar. Like someone she knew, someone that used to be Selene.

This club was there since she can remember as being a teenager. She remembered going there to get wasted and laid, of what was called a normal teenage life. But it was different for her, life was hard for her. She used to work as bartender at the same time being the informer to Haden's business. Haden was the right hand to his dad back then. She used to seduce men who had information valuable for them and the ways to extract it was not specified. So sleeping with them was one of them, apart from torturing them. Selene did things that she isn't proud of but she believes it carved her into something she is now. Independent.

And now seeing this girl here reminded her how innocent and naive she was. She lost both innocence and naivety in the due course of her aging but the former never came back.

She felt Haden's hot breath on her neck bringing her out of her thoughts. His hand slowly travelled from her spine to down below. Selene caught his hand before it reached her ass.

"Haden stop," She muttered trying to pull back from his lap again.

But he wouldn't let her be, "Shh.." He pulled her neck, shushing her and left hot kisses along her neck.

Anger was bubbling inside her and she pushed his head away from her neck. "I said, no!" She yelled with fury and successfully pulled away from his grip altogether.

She sat beside a now heavily breathing and furious Haden.

"Fine," He muttered and stood up.

"Where are you going?"

"Need to attend some calls. Call me when the client arrives," He said, avoiding her gaze and walked away.

Selene sighed and sat with her face in her palms. She looked up when she heard heels approaching her.

The blond bartender stood there with a tray holding the drinks.

"Umm.. You okay? Where's Haden?" The girl questioned with her sweet voice.

A small smile formed over Selene's lips unknowingly.

"What's your name?"

"I'm Gia," She answered meekly.

"Well, Gia. Why do you work here and whom do you work for?"

Gia looked slightly taken aback by her straight forward questions but soon regained composure and answered.

"I don't work for anyone, I joined here because it pays money and the people who come here give huge tips for some work," She mumbled the last two words shamefully.

"There's no reason to be ashamed of. World is a rough place and we do things that we are not proud of to survive. And you know what? That's alright." Selene gave her a smile and she smiled back in return.

"What do you want money for?" Selene questioned. She knew her question was baseless, everyone wants money but she wanted to know what reason compelled her to do this.

Gia smiled to herself before answering, "I wanted to move to LA and start my singing career."

"What about your family?"

"The only family I've got is my brother. We work our asses off to make ends meet, forget about moving to LA." Gia gave out a sardonic laugh.

Selene nodded and turned to the bag that they brought along, she took out two stacks of money and placed it on the table.

"I hope you put these in good use."

"I-I can't take that." Gia shook her head in shock.

"Why not? It's cleaner than the tips you get." She pushed the stacks towards her.

Gia crouched down to table level and touched the money tenderly. It was clear that she never saw that kind of money ever.

"I- why are you helping me?"

Selene thought for a minute and cast her eyes down, 'Because no one did for me back then.' She answered to herself.

"I-I don't know." She shrugged.

"How can I repay you?"

Selene smiled and gave a laugh, "Just quit the job and sing on with your god given voice."

Gia laughed but her eyes were brimming with tears, "Thank you," She nodded her head and wiped the lone tear that trailed on her cheek.

She stood up and grabbed the money. She turned around to go but froze and faced Selene.

"You know I don't even know your name." Gia asked.

Selene laughed, "Selene Sherman."

Gia nodded and recited another thank you before leaving.

Selene stared at the leaving Gia when her eyes found Keir standing with his arms and legs crossed, leaning at the wall near their booth. He blended so well into the shadows, the reason why she didn't see him sooner.

The couch was pretty isolated from the dance floor and the bar, so it can't be difficult to hear the conversation they had, especially if someone has ears as sharp as Keir.

"What did you hear?" Selene huffed.

He walked towards the couch and plopped beside her making her heart jolt at the brush of their arms.

"Enough to know that you Selene Sherman is an angel in Devil's disguise," He smirked.

Selene gave out a scoff, "And you are the devil himself in an angelic human disguise."

"Oh so you do think that I look angelic?" He cocked his eyebrow.

"What? No! That's not the point. What I said-" She was cut off with a finger on her lips.

She stared at him with wide eyes. "Care to dance?" He pulled her out of the couch before she could protest.

"No! Keir. I don't dance. Hey-"

Before she knew he dragged her to the dance floor in between the sea of horny people.

He placed a firm grip on her waist and pulled her closer. "Just sway to the music and try to blend in," He whispered.

"Yeah it's odd to blend in while we are slow dancing to rap metal music," She yelled over the music.

He twirled her and they swayed together with her back to his chest.

"You look beautiful in that dress." He whispered close to her ear, sending shivers down her bare spine.

She placed on a poker face, "Really? Not sexy? Or hot?"

"No, just beautiful." She felt his chest rumble as he chuckled. It felt oddly comfortable until his fingers trailed over the V slit on her thigh.

"But this right here, it's damn sexy," She heard him mutter with a gulp. She smirked, surprised that it made Keir gulp as well.

She turned around to face him. She was thankful for the dim lighting and the people who are busy minding their own business. Obviously, they won't bother batting an eye when a serial killer is dancing amidst them. She wondered how he does that, scaring people that is.

Her thoughts came back to reality when she felt his fingers tuck her locks behind her ear. They stopped swaying long back and now were standing still amongst the jumping maniacs around, with their faces close as if they are about to kiss.

The EDM sound in the background faded, and the heart played a slow song involuntarily. It felt like a movie until she realised what she was doing.

She pushed Keir away, jolting him out of his trace as well.

"I have to go. Haden- Uh, it won't be good if he comes back," She said, biting her lip.

His jaw ticked at the mention of Haden, his arm visibly bulged irritated by the ruined moment.

"You're right." He muttered, surprising her that he agreed with her.

"You're right," he said again, nodding to himself, "Meet me in the parking lot in five -"

"-Keir I can't -" He cut her off.

"Let's kill him together," He muttered leaving a shocked Selene behind on the dance floor.

"What?" She whispered to herself.

Then she realised that the moment that she dreaded of reliving the same day since she met Keir, has arrived.

*****

And... Mr. Serial killer, Keir is back with a plan on murdering none other than Haden Reyes himself.

I just realised that I introduced both of Selene's and Haden's surnames in this chapter. It's a coincidence, really.
Did you like her surname? 

And WTF?! Selene and Keir almost kissed, he called her beautiful and they freaking danced?! OK and also comment down how you felt reading it.. Squirmy? Creepy? Or worse romantic? 😂

So basically just comment down anything, rude comments included 😌. I just want to know what readers feel.

Don't forget to vote ❤️

~Love A.

P.S; Pardon the hell and devil concept, it's the effect of binge watching Lucifer 😂😜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

591 15 33
'Well, will you be my girlfriend?' 'You're supposed to be on one knee, idiot.' I get down on one knee. 'Will you be my girlfriend, Skye?' She acts...
62K 1.4K 45
21 year old Victoria Moretti, is an assassin. She is an independent woman that doesn't rely on a man to do anything. She thinks they are a waste of t...
21K 541 43
She was supposed to meet her friend,however,it never got to the point where she could knock on her friend's door.She bumped into her brother's rival...
21.3K 1.5K 106
⚠️ Warning!!⚠️ ⚠️ Contains mature content such as smut, violence, language and drug use⚠️ Completed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^* " Bad things happen to everyone a...