Let me help you ~ Niam

By imsorryimlate

Summary: Niam AU! Niall is trapped in a state of emotion he doesn’t recognize, he’s stressed out and he reall... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Epilogue

Chapter 11.

1.8K 86 10
By imsorryimlate

“For the love of everything that is holy in this world… Niall, stop pacing!” Liam demanded from where he sat on the couch, but Niall didn’t stop. They were in Liam’s apartment, waiting for Andy to arrive so that he could drive them to the airport. But he was late. Niall glanced at his watch. Very late.

“I can’t stop pacing because your ‘genius’ plan of a stupid road trip back fired and now I will miss my flight!”

Liam sighed heavily.

“I’m sorry, okay?”

“But why aren’t your friend here?”

“I don’t know!” Liam burst out and licked his lips nervously. Andy was really late. “You know what? You should just sit down and try to take a moment to yourself-“

“That hasn’t worked any of the last ten times we have tried, I just can’t! You can’t teach me and I can’t learn!” Niall glanced at his watch again. “And apparently, your friend can’t make it on time!”

There was a deafening silence, and Niall knew he shouldn’t be mad at Liam. He just kind of was.

“Hey, I’m sorry” he sighed and sat down beside Liam on the couch. “I’m not mad, I’m just anxious about my flight… it seems like I’m going to miss-“

In that moment the door was flung open by Andy and Niall choked on his breath when he recognized the young man. Long, dirty-blonde hair, tall, cocky smile… It was the Andy from the bar. The same Andy that Niall had kissed.

“I am so sorry, I- holy fuck!” Andy shouted when he laid eyes on Niall. Niall, on the other hand, could only stare at Andy with wide eyes, barely believing his bad luck.

“Andy, you’re late” Liam looked from Andy to Niall. “What? Why are you staring at each other like that?”

Niall felt as if he had swallowed a whole bucket of glue, because he really wanted to open his mouth and throw out an explanation, but he was unable to even part his lips.

“Uh… we don’t have time for this, we can take that conversation in the car” Andy said, then he turned around and walked out of the door again. Liam raised his eyebrows in Niall’s direction, but Niall only picked up his suitcase and exited the apartment. He heard Liam locking the door behind them, but didn’t stop and wait for him. He needed to talk to Andy alone for a second.

“Andy!” He jumped into the backseat and closed the door behind him.

“What’s up?” Andy asked and fiddled with his bottom lip. He sounded casual, but didn’t look like it.

“Are we gonna tell him?” Niall asked and looked out the window. Liam was approaching the car. “Andy!”

“I’m thinking, okay?!”

“But hurry up!”

“Alright, we tell him! I told him about you kissing me anyway, no point in lying”

“You told him?!”

“I didn’t know that it was you

“So we tell him?” Niall asked at the same time that Liam opened the door and climbed into the backseat with him.

“Tell me what?” Liam asked and Andy sighed while starting the car.

“Do you remember that I told you about a guy kissing me recently?” Andy asked as caught Liam’s eye through the rear-view mirror.

“Yeah, but why-“

“It was me” Niall said and Liam turned to him with a surprised expression.

There was a long silence and Niall waited anxiously for Liam to say something, but said boy only watched the windscreen wipers quietly.

“Liam?” Andy asked.

“I just– how didn’t you connect the dots?” Liam asked and Niall released his breath.

“There are a lot of people named Andy” Niall defended himself.

“But there aren’t a lot of people named Niall” Liam said and both boys looked at the driver, expecting an explanation.

“I could swear to God his name was Neil!” Andy assured.

“Hey! We spent the night together and you don’t even remember my name?!” Niall was slightly upset.

You spent the night together?” Liam asked and color drained from his face.

“No! No, not like that! We spent the evening together, in a pub, getting pissed! I promise; that’s the only reason I kissed him!” Niall shouted and Andy agreed eagerly.

“O-okay…” Liam said and nodded to confirm that he understood.

“Liam, I swear” Niall placed his hand on Liam’s forearm.

“I believe you” Liam smiled and slid his arm backward so that Niall’s hand landed on the backside of his palm. Their little moment was interrupted by Andy’s loud voice.

“So, this won’t be awkward between us, right?” He asked.

“No, I guess not” Liam confirmed and Niall felt relief wash over him. This went better than he expected.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

When they were about halfway to the airport, Niall felt the need to have a wee so they pulled over by a small gas station. Niall hurried inside, and Liam and Andy were left alone in the car.

»>In the car«<

“Are you angry with me?” Andy asked Liam, who sat silently in the backseat.

“Why would I be angry at you?” Liam asked, but his tone was sour and told Andy that Liam was, in fact, angry with him.

“Bro, come on-“

“What were you thinking?!” Liam hissed through his gritted teeth.

“I wasn’t thinking! I was drunk, and I had no idea that it was your guy!” Liam licked his lips and seemed to consider whether he would trust Andy’s words or not.

“Did you…” Liam looked out of the widow, weighing his words, wondering if he really wanted the answer. “Did you do something more?”

“No, we didn’t. It was just a kiss” Andy secured him. “An innocent kiss even, no tongues or anything, he just kind of pressed his lips against mine and-“

“Okay, I get it, I don’t wanna hear!” Liam said and put his hands over his ears, but Andy caught the little smile on Liam’s lips. He had probably forgiven him already.

“At least he’s a good kisser” Andy teased and winked at Liam.

“Okay, maybe I’m a little angry that you know that and I don’t” Liam said and punched Andy playfully on the shoulder.

They saw Niall exiting the gas station and starting to walk towards the car, so Andy hurried up with saying what he thought Liam needed to hear:

“Be careful though, I think he thinks that you are friend-zoning him”

Niall climbed into the car, Andy started the car, but Liam was left speechless. Was he accidently friend-zoning the guy of his dreams?

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

“Let me help you with that, Niall” Liam said and took Niall’s suitcase out of his hands.

“I’m not handicapped, you know?” Niall asked, amused at Liam’s gentlemanly behavior, but he didn’t mind. Most people thought that he would be offended that Liam ‘treated him like a girl’, but he wasn’t. Liam was a true gentleman and would do the same for anyone.

Liam had decided to wave him off, but Andy had figured that it was better if he stayed in the car and let them have a little alone-time. They were walking through the busy airport, on time despite Andy’s late arrival. Niall was actually really happy that they had done this small road trip. Niall cursed the time for moving too fast when they arrived at the passport control; because it was only this far that Liam could follow him.

“Goodbye Liam” Niall said and wrapped his arms around the brunette. He heard a thump as Liam dropped his suitcase to return the embrace.

“Goodbye Niall” Liam whispered and inhaled Niall’s scent. They hugged tightly for a long time, but eventually they had to let go.

When Niall had checked in his luggage and himself, he walked into the actual airport. He turned around and saw that Liam waited for him to disappear from his eyesight. He raised his hand and waved. He started to turn around to walk to his flight when Liam shouted for him.

“Niall, wait!” Since they were pretty far away from each other Liam had to yell, and the people around them started to look funnily at between the two young men.

“What?” Niall shouted back.

“That guy you were out with, are you, like… dating?” Liam looked desperate for an answer, and people stare even more. Niall felt a grin tug on the corners of his mouth and let it break out. Was Liam jealous?

“No, we’re not! I have someone else in mind” He winked and hoped that Liam had caught the hint.

Before Liam could say or do anything else, Niall turned around and quickly walked towards the gate. His heart was beating hard and fast; had he really just kind of told Liam that he liked him?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 6.3K 136
System Type {Myanmar Tran}
110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...
14.6K 410 20
"I can't say now, but here's a small teaser" Niki Nishimura is known as the class clown who loves to play a fool with his classmates, especially Han...
163K 974 31
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...