Silver Linings || Seventeen W...

By MinScarlet

No one wants a disease. But Lee Jihoon having a stage 4 heart cancer leave him no choice but to find a reason... More

P r o l o g u e
˚* ❀ one
˚* ❀ three
˚* ❀ four
˚* ❀ five
˚* ❀ six
˚* ❀ seven
˚* ❀ eight
˚* ❀ nine
˚* ❀ ten
˚* ❀ eleven
˚* ❀ twelve
˚* ❀ thirteen
˚* ❀ fourteen
˚* ❀ fifteen
˚* ❀ sixteen
˚* ❀ seventeen !
˚* ❀ eighteen
˚* ❀ nineteen
˚* ❀ twenty
˚* ❀ twenty one
˚* ❀ twenty two
˚* ❀ twenty three
˚* ❀ twenty four
˚* ❀ twenty five

˚* ❀ two

834 67 30
By MinScarlet

Woozi's POV

Had a very bad day on how I just found out about my disease.

"President Lee? Are you okay? Are the results okay?"

I jump out of my thoughts as my breath hitches at the mention of my health results while looking over to my male secretary, Jun.

I nod my head timidly as he continue drives me back to my small company, UniverseFactory. My dream company.

I sips on my Vanilla Ice Latte in calm.

I've been dreaming to open a music company of my own where I recruit the best song writers all over South Korea and of course to gain profit from there.

It's been 4 years since I first open my own company and surprisingly it's going on well despite my shitty direction as the Director of Universe Factory.

As the company grows better and better off in both management and currency, I start to open a new branch for choreographies trainers with my business partner, Kwon Soonyoung as the Director.

It's going on pretty well but things just had to get worse.

My grip on the health report in envelope in my hands tightening.

'I'm so scared... yet I don't have a certain person to talk with about my problem..' I whimpers in my mind.

"President Lee?" My secretary calls me.

I look up to him in the front as he look back to me, "Yeah?"

"We're here."

I nodded my head as I get out the car walking inside the company.

( A quick sneak peek of his company.)

"Good morning, President Lee."

"Good day, President Lee."

"Have a nice day, President Lee."

Few workers greet me as I walk passed the front desk as I nod my head to them smiling back softly. "Yes, good morning too.."

My secretary diligently follows my lead until we reach my office.

I sit myself on my seat and I lean back comfortably exhaling a sigh.

"What do we have today, Jun?"

He clears his throat and pulls out his notebook. "As of today, you have two meetings on the new songs you composed for Exo's new album. And then, you will have to arrange and proofread lyrics our potential songwriters wrote. After that, you will have high tea with Mr Jeon Wonwoo, on wanting you to personally write poems for his new book. And at night, you will have dinner with Miss Kim Jisoo."

He exhales as look at me and I nod my head listening to my tight schedule.

"Is there anything that you want to postpone?"

I stop typing on my computer and wonder for a while. "Cancel with Kim Jisoo-ssi."

"B-but this will be the third time you cancel?"

"Just cancel it. It's not important."

"B-but, President, Miss Kim said—"

"Just cancel it, Wen Junhui."

I cut him off while looking straight into his eyes as he immediately noted it down.

"Oh and one more thing, find me a jewellery store. I want to buy a necklace for my mother's birthday. Email me the designs by today if possible. I will go there by myself to buy it."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Jia's POV

"How much will you take this? Can you tell me how it weighs too?"

I offer the lady behind the counter my two layer gold necklace to pawn it.

"It weighs 16 grams and costs like 1.5 million won. But I will give you 1 million won only."

I frowns as I fix my hat trying to ease my burning heart towards this old lady.

"But Aunty, you should give me at least 1.3M won!" I exclaims trying to stand for myself.

"And? You want me to save it for you just like your bracelet and ring too, right? Do you even have money to pay for the bracelets and rings you pawned before?" The lady snapped as I shut my mouth still feeling dissatisfied.

"Then I'll pay for the bracelet and ring back. I want my bracelet and ring back. I have money myself! There's many people out there I can pawn my jewelleries with!"

I said slowly losing my patience as I reach the back of my pocket to slide in the cash that I have.

The nerve Kang Jia has to even say that when she can't even afford Soomi's food🙄 Anyways,

The lady about to yell at me as I put on my 'come-on-bitch-try-me' face to her but we both stop when a voice interrupting us.

"Can I take a look at that necklace?"

"Oh sure, President."

The helper beside the lady ask the lady for my necklace as I widens my eyes in completely anger.

'I can't hold this shit anymore.'

"Excuse the fuck out of your head, Sir. That necklace is mine. That is my property. You have no right to ask for something that people trynna bargain. Have some manners." I snaps my head towards the so called 'President'.

The audacity for people to use the word 'President' to just anyone. President of what is he? President of short people?

Then I, Kang Jia, the President of no one can ever mess with me.

"Excuse me? Yes, you are bargaining your necklace which in fact you are selling the necklace. So, I as a customer want to buy the necklace. Is there anything that you don't understand here?"

The president look over and explain things calmly to me but my big eyes with double eyelids can see his hidden smirk behind his calm face unlike his no double eyelids eyes.

"I AM bargaining. But! I'm bargaining for my necklace not to be sold out but only to be kept by her until I have the money to pay her back, Sir. That necklace has a sentimental value to me." I reply back to him.

"Then, I can offer you-"

"Shut up." I cut his words off as his eyes turns cold and I turn to the lady back.

"Aunty, I want my ring and bracelet back. I can pay for that back." I said in a very intimidating voice.

"Sorry, I sold it." The lady smirks as she examines her nails.

I stood there frozen. I can literally hear the sound of my heart breaking into little pieces when I hear she said that.

'She sold my bracelet that my dad gave and my mother's ring? That's the only memory I have from them and she sold it? She fucking sold it?'

I can feel tears starts to fill up my eyes but I hold it in. My fair face turns red trying to fight with my emotions.

I can't believe this, she dare to do this to me.

"Y-you what? You sold it?" I said in disbelief.

She looks up to me. "What do you expect, Jia? It was a year ago, you pawn the ring to me and exactly 6 months ago, you pawn the bracelet to me. And now, you want to pawn your necklace? What makes you think you can afford to buy those back? Looking at the state you in, I'm sure those are not yours. Might be stolen jewelleries. So, I sold it."

I slam the glass counter infront of me making the lady and the President jolts back in surprise.

"I told you to keep it with you until I get the damn money back! You asshole! Didn't I told you the bracelet and the ring are sentimental values to me?! Those are my late mother's! I trusted you!"

The Aunty gets flustered at my burst.

"J-jia, calm down. There's this woman offers me a huge sum of money so I can't help it but took it."

"You materialistic ass hag woman! I swear if it's not because of these railings, I'm going to strangle you right here at this moment."

Hot angry tears trails down my cheeks as I wipes them off.

I snatches my necklace off from her hold and gather my bag and cellphone before stomping out from her jewelleries shop bumping into the President without purpose.

"Sorry."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Mommy!"

I grins looking at little Soomi with her small bag pack behind her running to me.

She hugs my legs as I pat her head in love. "It's not that long I left you, Soomi-ya."

"Mmm! But still Soomi misses Mommy so much today."

"Jia-ssi."

I look up to the babysitter as she apologetically trying to signal me to pay for Soomi's babysitting cost.

"Oh, right." I pull up two envelopes from my back pocket and give her.

"This is the last 2 months I haven't pay, and this is for this month." I grin sheepishly to the babysitter.

She looks at the money in envelopes I gave her before giving me the envelope of the 2 months pay.

"Take this."

I furrows my eyebrow. "What? Yuri, Pssh, no, I'm good."

"Just take it, Jia."

I hesitant. 'I do need money though..'

"Thanks, thanks a lot for understanding." I said in grateful.

"No, I really want to give it to you. Today, I help you. Who knows, you will help me next time." She smiles.

"I will, definitely, Yuri." I smiles back.

"Bye Aunty Yuri!" Soomi waves goodbye to her as we leave Yuri's house.

It was the cheapest babysitting price but I still struggle to pay for it. I'm so glad I still have these kind of people willing to help me.

I guess everything do have silver linings.

~ Home ~

"Soomi-ya, after this, Mommy wants you to sleep, okay? It's way past your bedtime."

I cooed sweetly to her as she nods her head obediently.

"Mommy, can I ask you something?" She looks up to me with her big doe eyes from watching her favorite cartoon on the television.

"What is it, Honey?" I caress her long black hair soothingly.

"Where's your necklace?"

She touches my neck slightly as she waits for my answer.

My breath hitches as I put my hand over her had on my neck.

"Oh, I take it off."

"No, you don't. If you do, then it will be in the box you usually put beside our bed." She said tilting her head to me.

I sighs as she got me. "Uncle Mingyu borrowed it from me for a while. He will give it back though. Don't worry, Baby. Let's go to sleep."

I said telling her the truth because she will never leave me alone until I tell her the truth.

I had no choice, Mingyu refused to take the necklace but as of now, I only trust him to take care of my necklace until I get the necklace from him.

He gave me 3 million won for the necklace.

It was hard to be honest, but because of Soomi and she never really tries to burden me with toys that she wants and to have things like her friends has. It was as if she understands my situation.

I'm so grateful to have this little angel as mine. The reason I still strive hard to live in this cruel world.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I don't know what to say but what do you think of this chapter ehe

Next chapter! To who do you think Woozi would tell about his disease? 🧐

See you in next chapter!

Thank you for reading! 🤍

Vote! 🌈

Comment! 🔥🔥🔥

Lava you guys! 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 44.8K 58
COMPLETED "WHY? Why can't you be with me?WHY?" Jungkook questioned, his eyes spitting fire while his heart quivered in fear. But her next words left...
95.2K 3.2K 35
Expressing love with words? Oh, Lu You and Tang Wan were really old-fashioned. Look at her curve her tiger mouth and still don't eat him into the bel...
58 1 16
*Content Introduction* "Brother, can I borrow some money?" 14-year-old Seoyun asked. "Okay, but you must repay it," replied 20-year-old Cha Kanghyun...
2K 559 24
This is a story of Two Best Friends, Yang Jungwon and Kang Jia wherein they need to get married to each other for the sake of their family's happines...