Folly & Agendas & Talulah

By ArtransformerAqe

๐–๐€๐‘๐๐ˆ๐๐†: ๐’๐๐Ž๐ˆ๐‹๐„๐‘๐’, ๐‹๐€๐๐†๐”๐€๐†๐„, ๐๐”๐ƒ๐ˆ๐“๐˜!!! ๐๐‹๐„๐€๐’๐„ ๐๐Ž๐“๐„: -๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฅ๏ฟฝ... More

-[Chapter 01]-
-Chapter 02-
-Chapter 03-
~{Chapter 04}~
-Chapter 5-
(OLD) Chapter 2: Falls
(OLD) Chapter 3: Preparations
(OLD) Chapter 4: The Heart of Lungmen
(OLD) Chapter 5: Slums in Dreams
(OLD) Chapter 6: [The Duke of Ursus]
(OLD) Chapter 7: [Acquisition]
(OLD) Chapter 8: Polluting Nights
(OLD) Chapter 9: "What Defines A Patriot?"
(OLD) Chapter 10: [Pythons]
(STC) Chapter 11: Drinks
(STC) Chapter 12: [The Internal Soliloquy]
(STC) Chapter 13: First Hums
(STC) Chapter 14: W is for ...
(STC) Chapter 15: Smoky Veils
(STC) Chapter 16: Loose Coils
(STC) Chapter 17: [The Gloss of Scales]
(STC) Chapter 18: PLAYTIME!
(STC) Chapter 19: Orange in the Sky...
(STC) Chapter 20: [Lustful Fervor]
(STC) Chapter 21: [Seductive Grievances]
(STC) Chapter 22: Red Alert!
(STC) Chapter 23: No Snow
(STC) Chapter 24: Atlas...
(STC) Chapter 25: ...Has Corrosive Wings
(STC) Chapter 26: Command in the Middle
(STC) Chapter 27: [... Is Gone]
(STC) Chapter 28: [Year Begins Anew]
(STC) Chapter 29: [Frozen Domain]
(STC) Chapter 30: [The Yeti Princess]
(STC) Chapter 31: [The Indomitable Wendigo]
(STC) Chapter 32: [ัะฝะตะถะฝั‹ะน ะฟะตั€ะตั…ะพะด, ัƒะฟะฐะดะพะบ]
(STC) Chapter 33: [Kafkaesque]
(STC) Chapter 34: ["Thus, am I."]
*[Chapter 35]*
Chapter 36: "Rend the Clouds Asunder..."
Chapter 37: [Gilded]
Chapter 38: Dรฉjร  Vu
Chapter 39: Kinship
-[Chapter 40]- "Happily Ever - Before"
Chapter 41: Vestige of Glory
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
-[Chapter 45]-
Chapter 46
Chapter 47: Angel Dust
Chapter 48
[Chapter 49]
[50] - "๐“๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต๐“พ๐“ถ"
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
-[Chapter 55]- "Snake Eyes"
"Sasha, Do You Remember?"
~{The Kaiser's Tale}~
1 Year Anniversary {Message from the Author} Part 1:
Explanations {Message from the Author} Part 2:
Proposal {Message from the Author} Part 3:
{Resolution} Author's Message Part 4
Chapter 56
[Chapter 57]
58 - [๐‘ฏ๐’๐’๐’Š๐’…๐’‚๐’š ๐‘บ๐’‘๐’†๐’„๐’Š๐’‚๐’]
Chapter 59
[Chapter 60]: Freezing Warmth
"Despite The Pain"
Chapter 61
[Chapter 62]
๐’ฑ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘’'๐“ˆ ๐’Ÿ๐’ถ๐“Ž ๐’ฎ๐“…๐‘’๐’ธ๐’พ๐’ถ๐“ (๐ป๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“Ž'๐“ˆ ๐’ฎ๐“…๐’ถ๐“‡๐“€)
Chapter 63 - "IV"
[Chapter 64] "Sanguine" - "III"
[Chapter 65] - "II"
~HAPPY B๐ˆRTHDAY MARZANNA~
[Chapter 66]
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Final Update
Story Notes
Chapter 69: Tragedy Long Overdue

(OLD) Chapter 1: Overseer

1.4K 25 24
By ArtransformerAqe

=====

This Chapter is now old and obsolete.

The information in this chapter may or may not be relevant to the story anymore.

If you wish to read on, be my guest - I cannot stop you.

I'm going to be rewriting and replacing older chapters.

======

A warm breeze caresses my face.

Specks of dust sully my dress.

A soldier puts a mask on his face

And they will soon become a bloody mess.

The City of Chernobog will soon fall within a couple of hours. Doesn't matter who will get in the way, I'll just have to burn them down.

Oh Tal the once peaceful spokesperson turned malicious. What happened all those years ago? What went wrong? Did you kill Ines all those years ago out of fear? Are you scared of having two shadows?

Shut it! I don't have time for you now.

Standing on top of a broken down building looking down on my followers served to bore me. The majority of the ringleaders I've appointed have begun preparing their soldiers for the upcoming assault. And I'm busy watching over the discombobulated preparations. The sun was setting exhibiting a breathtaking orange and pink hue.

"Madam Talulah! Madam Talulah!"

Really? I don't need to see that arrogant brat! He only served to pester me. If we weren't low on medics I would've watched him melt before me.

I turn around and see Mephisto followed by his sniper Faust. Mephisto was busy panting and holding onto his knees. Sweat was dripping down his face. Faust had an impartial look on his face and stood up straight as a sign of subordination.

"What is it?" I ordered.

"We... we have... hold on!" His speech was bombarded by gasps.

"What! Is it?" I flex my fingers sending an invisible flame at him knocking him down.

What happened to his youthful vigor? Usually he has a lot of energy on the battlefield.

"Faust? What is he trying to say?" I ordered looking at the black-haired Pythia.

"Our troops are ready for deployment Madam Talulah." Faust states.

"Very well. Complete any final preparations and start heading for the gates now." I ordered. "The Catastrophe is currently on its way."

"Understood."

The sound of thunder was audible in the distance. A monstrous cloud loomed over the landscape. Lightning released from below it shattered everything in its wake. It's following its predicted course.

"Chernobog will soon fall afterwards. You two are dismissed." I turn around to survey the Reunion troops. The two boys leave, but someone else approached me.

"Madam Talulah." It was Crownslayer this time.

"What is it?" I ask as I turn around to face my most trusted lieutenant.

"We already have multiple Reunion troops stationed near Chernobog, we are awaiting further orders before entering." She states as she flips her machete in the air.

"I will burn down the main gate when I get there. Then we will launch a full scale invasion." I say tapping my sword's handle with my index finger.

"Understood." Crownslayer replied respectfully. "Is there anything else we have to do when we are inside?"

I originally had my sights on Kaiser Rye, but he isn't easily swayed to my words. I just hope he isn't on the wrong side right now.

"I will give them out once we reach there. Did the spies find any new data?"

"No ma'am. We only know that the Chernobogian Royal Guards and Rhodes Island will be there."

"Good. We don't need any other faction thwarting my plan. You can go now. I'll leave once these soldiers are done."

"Understood." And in a flash she is gone.

The Chernobogian Royal Guards are just plants waiting to be melted. Rhodes Island is full of incompetent operators. The only operators that are capable of running over the Reunion are from Lungmen, but even they will struggle to stay alive.

The massive blanket called night is going to engulf us soon. Its a shame that I can't have some peace right now, but someone has to lead the Reunion.

"Time to get going." I mutter to myself as I started to climb down the building.

My soldiers are now arming themselves with their weapons as I shot them a glare. I could see Mephisto and Faust's team in the distance.

"Everyone start finishing up what you're doing and get in formation! Then we head out to take over Chernobog!" My troops scramble to their positions and start heading out. The ones that held torches are busy leading the way.

As I make my way past the marching troops Crownslayer walked next to me.

"Is everything under control?" I ask while I continue to look forward.

"Yes, everything is under control." She answered.

"Good."

"Aren't we attacking Chernobog in order to gain a foothold of the Ursus Empire?" Crownslayer inquired.

"Yes we are." I respond. "If we grab hold of a city with the resources we need we can make preparations for another attack on Lungmen. When that happens there will most likely not be another Catastrophe."

"Why do we need to attack Lungmen."

"This doesn't concern you at this moment." I gave her a stern look.

A look of suspicion was returned to me, but she decided to trust me. For now, at least...

A few years ago

There were countless people holding up signs, chanting, yelling and taunting the Chernobog Royal Guards. There were sirens everywhere followed by riots and crying children. Protests were the norm back then before the Reunion was actually established. I had my flame arts back then, but it was considerably weaker then. I only had one noticeable Originium crystal on my shoulder, but it was tiny and covered by my outift.

I remember when the Chernobog city governor declared that there was a cure for Oripathy. It was such a blatant lie that very few people fell for. The governor used the Royal Guards and the police as means to quell the number of Infected people.

I occasionally spoke during the protests, but the people were restless. Civilians were killing each other senseless out of fear, resentment and hatred. The infected were the main targets, but uninfected people were also killed.

The Ursus empire was under the control of Koschei for many years even decades. I lived as his successor for many years before finally slitting his throat. After that I left Ursus only to return to see the aftermath. This happened over the course of many tumultuous years. Until that village incident.

Ursus is under the control of a new ruler and the people aren't happy about it.

"Isn't this a little bigger than the one yesterday?" I turn around to my friend with jet-black hair and yellow eyes.

He is wearing a leather jacket along with slacks and a scarf around his neck, hiding his Originium crystals. He has a small transformable shield on his back small enough to prevent any unnecessary attention. A small backpack was hanging off of his shoulder. He has two horns protruding from the top of his head and his tail wagged erratically.

Meanwhile I just wore a gray and orange sweater with jeans. The hood has two holes that allowed my horns to fit through.

"I don't know Rye." I lied.

Kaiser Rye was with me ever since I left the Ursus empire. Koschei was killed by my hand and I escaped with him. I tried to live a minimalist life right after, but I couldn't get anywhere. Back in the empire I had servants doing every minor task. Outside of it I was just another citizen.

I didn't hear Koschei in the back of my head as much. Or whoever is behind the voice. Oripathy has already taken hold of a portion of the entire population and everyone was wary of the infected.

"Where should we go this time?" Kaiser Rye asked with a pondering look on his face.

"Not sure. I already gave my speech the other day. I'm out of ideas at the moment." I sighed looking at the mess ensuing right before my eyes.

"Did it get your message across?"

"Only attracted more followers, that's all."

The two of us were standing many blocks away from where the epicenter of the riots were. No gunfire was exchanged, rather there were constant yells of pain from the rioters as they were beat by the law.

"Any news from the Reunion?" Rye asked he grabbed my hand led me down a street that was almost devoid of protestors.

"Nothing new." I break my hand free from his grip, he had a small smirk on his face. "Stop giving me that smirk."

"Sorry Ma'am." That smirk was still on his face. "Did Jenkin ask you to join again?"

"He did." How revolting. "Promised me a large sum of money too."

Jenkin always said that he will establish a sanctuary for the Infected. That didn't come true. His ulterior motive was to sleep with the prettiest of girls.

"Does he still want you?" Rye bluntly asked.

"He still does. That creep." I inspect my sword which was in its sheath, hanging on my waist.

"What is he up to anyway?"

"Not sure. But he did start a few riots before won't be surprised if this one is his doing."

"Don't most of the members already trust you there?"

"Yeah. They think I'm more than capable of leading." I say as we walked down the block to where the evening food stalls are.

"Imma go get us some food." Rye went up to a stand to get some strawberry buns. He handed one to me while he took a bite into his.

"Thanks Rye." The bun was sweet alright. At least it was somewhat authentic compared to the fake sugar most places sell. Real sugar was extremely expensive. I wonder if it was ever cheap.

"You heading back to your village tonight?" Rye asked with a mouthful of jam.

"Yeah. I asked you to drive me there didn't I?" I inquire.

"You did say that!" He pretended to be awestruck.

"Shut it. Where is your car anyway?" I finished my strawberry bun and threw it in a nearby trash can. Rye followed suit and wiped his hands with a handkerchief from his pocket.

"Why do you have to be so mean Talulah?" He jested pretending to be hurt by my words.

"Answer the question." I gave him a stern look.

"It should be near the 34th district." He pointed a finger in the direction of where it's supposed to be.

"Good. You have enough time to drive me home."

"You know. You're always welcome to stay at my place for the night." He had a smile on his face.

I couldn't help but feel my heart beat faster than usual for a solid minute.

"No thanks."

"Offer still stands."

"Decline."

"Sheesh."

BOOM!

Debris flew over my head as Rye pulled my hand and ran towards an alley. I kept pace with him and took a look behind me. Turns out some rioters begun attacking the Royal Guards. More importantly however, they weren't ordinary rioters. The Reunion is here, wreaking havoc along the way.

"Did Jenkin call this foray as well?" I barked as the two of us hide in the alley.

"Possibly. Keep your voice down and put on your hood." Rye shushed as I hastily put my hood on, but my horns got stuck. "Let me help you."

After a few seconds of fitting my horns through the holes on my hood, I don my bandana and took a peek outside of the alley. I saw multiple hooded figures wearing the Reunion insignia. One figure stood out the most with his large cloak and dirty mask.

"How many are there?" Rye asked while he pressed a button on his shield and strapped it around his left arm.

"Quite a lot of them." I say. "Jenkin is there."

"I was hoping for a quiet day." Rye muttered to himself.

"Me too. But we infected can't do much." I sighed.

"Wanna burn em?" Rye went in front of me. "I got you covered."

"Let's begin." I chimed.

Then we went to suppress the Reunion and meet up with Jenkin later.

Last time Kaiser Rye was with me...

Back to present time

"Let's begin."

This time he left me...

Upon reaching the gates of the mobile city of Chernobog. There were Royal Guards pointing their shields and spears towards me. My troops were right behind me as they readied themselves for battle. This battle will guarantee a victory for the Reunion.

"Stand back! We won't hesitate to kill you!" The Royal Guards' Captain threatened.

"I know." I held my sword and stabbed it in the ground. The gate behind them started to melt.

"It's Talulah!"

"She's a menace!"

Seems like the guards are losing their morale. The hoi polloi always cower in the face of death.

"Attack." I say as flames erupted from below the guards incinerating them.

My Reunion soldiers roared as they swarmed the gates. Screams can be heard from the inside. A large fire starts to break out. The Catastrophe is right above me now it will do what all Catastrophes do: Destroy.

"The Catastrophe came as predicted." I look up into the dark cloud over us. Thunder, Lighting, and Fireballs rained down from above. The sounds of an earthquake could be heard following it.

"What now?" Crownslayer asked.

"We wait it out." I state. "And act when we need to."

"I'll head out." Crownslayer disappeared into the masses.

"Good."

As I walk past the gates I see multiple bodies on the ground either burnt or bloodied. Multiple Reunion soldiers were chasing after random people. The smell of flames, blood, oil and smoke penetrates my nose. The nostalgic smell of warfare.

As I went further into the city I saw multiple Reunion soldiers on the ground either dead or incapacitated. Some were tied in ropes that could easily crush their internal organs.

"Madam Talulah! That guy is here!" One soldier called out to me as he struggled to break free from the ropes.

"Who?" I questioned as I fire an invisible flame melting the rope.

"That guy! He had that..." The soldier struggled to move as his arms were broken. Very little energy remained in him. "Had that symbol!"

"Symbol?"

It can't be him can it?

"He branded something on my hood..." I walk up to him and bent down slightly to inspect this symbol.

The symbol wasn't new to me. It was the symbol Kaiser Rye left for me imploring me to "stop fighting". It was a large, cursive 'T' with two diagonal slashes, both from the left side facing the right. A bitter feeling struck me head on.

Kaiser Rye branded this symbol on his victims as a warning. But that man no longer works for me. He betrayed me a long time ago. All those years wasted.

I wrapped my fingers around my sword and readied myself. The Reunion soldier on the ground was trembling at the sight. I could feel the air around me warm up. Nearby buildings start to melt.

Sure I'll help you Talulah!

That strange man.

Don't you think you've gone too far?

Is still alive.

You can't kill innocent people! What did they ever do to you?!

Haunting me.

Multiple flames started surrounding the area around me. The walls of the surrounding buildings have long melted.

Sorry Talulah I can't do keep doing this! There's a way to stop this!

As I recall all of those memories with Rye, my anger also grew. He left me spewing nonsense about a cure for Oripathy. I have seen countless people die of Oripathy and he's telling me that there is a cure.

Fed up I plunge my sword into the soldiers neck. Blood spewed from the wound.

"Talulah..." I turn to see Faust and Mephisto with horrified expressions. Surely this isn't the first time they saw me kill someone.

"Aren't you two supposed to be with your team?" I catechized as I see the lack of soldiers with them. "What are you doing here?"

I pull my sword out of the dead soldier as more blood gushed from the wound. I used my flame arts to heat up my sword evaporating the blood.

"Our team will arrive shortly. We've encountered Rhodes Island operators along the way." Mephisto states.

"Some guy appeared out of nowhere and stopped the fight." Faust adds as his elite snipers started to appear from around the block. "We managed to escape with very few casualties."

"That guy is Kaiser Rye!" I affirmed. "He's here in Chernobog as we speak!"

Mephisto took a step back at the sound of the name.

"The traitor is here?" He asked.

"Now get going!" The two of them gave a respectful nod and started to continue the assault.

"Did you have to, kill that soldier?" I look behind me to see Patriot facing me. 

That gigantic Wendigo had a little Cautus right next to him.

"I see you that you two were able to make it." I acknowledged. "Welcome."

Frostnova stared at the dead soldier on the ground; a pool of blood has formed around his neck. The two of them exchanged a few glances before speaking.

"I see, that Kaiser Rye is still trying to, convince you, to stop." Patriot noted as he saw the symbol on the hood of the dead soldier.

"He is extremely persistent." I growled.

"As expected, of a Forme,r Second- in-Command." Patriot turned around and motioned Frostnova to follow him.

I didn't call Yeti Squadron or Patriot's Guerilla Squad to join in today. The Catastrophe is using its full force right now raining down nature's strongest attacks. At this rate, Chernobog will fall to the Reunion.

As I turn to walk away , I feel a familiar aura surround me. I close my eyes in annoyance as I feel that aura grow warmer.

How convenient of him. Why does he still go after me? Doesn't he still fear me? Doesn't he still?

Still...

"Its been a while since we had some alone time."

I turn to see Kaiser Rye with a smile on his face. His horns have been cut short. His tail has been burned off. Most importantly there are ugly burn scars that runs from his cheeks and converge at his throat.

"It's not to late to change." His voice still possesses his youthful vigor, but it was significantly weaker now. He still tries to help me, to thwart me, to stop me, even though I almost killed him...

By my own two hands.

I should've finished him off  all those years ago...

================================================================================

(A/N): Thank you for reading the first chapter!

- Just so you know, this story can be a bit messy - I'm not a pro writer

- This story gets lore-heavy which means-

SPOILER WARNING! SPOILER WARNING!*

- Yup. Spoilers will be from the Arknights canon videogame story

If you can survive the first few chapters, the flashback chapters, and the other messes,

Congratulation!

- I plan to revise and change parts of my story once this is finished or when time goes on

(Edit: Published Approximately October 1st, 2020.)

(Edit made on 11/27/20)

- Just keeping track...

(2nd Edit made on 5/3/2021)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4 0 3
Vida Mehr has killed her employer after years spent under his control and, with his death, established safety for those in her territory. It's only w...
45.4K 1.4K 35
Yet another transfer student ends up in Saiki's class... and nextdoor... and at his favorite cafe..... and just about everywhere else he can think of...
32.3K 1.3K 37
[แด„แดแดแด˜สŸแด‡แด›แด‡แด…] A girl enjoying her life with all possible ways... But... Her one wrong move will ruin so many lives... When the beloved person, her ever...
1.3K 385 35
This story is about two fairies who where twins but got separated after a war took place in fairy land and where sent away to protect them and now t...