Two Sides Of A Serial Killer...

By Aurora_thoughts

He kills people for pleasure. She kills people for work. He has a dark past, she has secrets. He is fascin... More

โ˜ ๏ธ Preface๐Ÿ”ช
Prologue
1: The Club
2: Spin The Bottle
3: You're Welcome
4: Thirst For Freedom
5: End Of The Night
6: Devil's Lair
7: Thanks But No Thanks
8: Whiskey Neat
10: Poor Little Fingers
11: Voodoo Magic
12: Devil In Disguise
13: Rest In Piece
14: Seal The Deal
15: The Right Justice
16: A Cup Of Keir
17: Double Trouble
18: Unclassified
19: Deadly Sleep
20: Gorgeous
21: Mutual
22: Night Dreamer
23: Ephialtes
24: Precarious
25: Post Vacation Blues
26: Insurgent Killer
27: Ultimate Ruin
28: Make Sense
29: Push And Pull
30: Woke Up Hurting
31: The Zebra
32: Endure The Risk
33: Not Today
34: The Biggest Mistake
35: Highs Too High
36: Lows Too Low
37: Move On
38: It's Over
โ˜ฏ๏ธŽ Epilogue - Two Sides โ˜ฏ๏ธŽ
Cast And Aesthetics โฃ๏ธŽ

9: The Hawk

376 24 19
By Aurora_thoughts

"We've hoarded fifty thousand dollars by extortion this week," Haden announced proudly.

Everyone hooted and cheered in appraisal.

He continued with the other stats of this week, "We've succeeded in racketeering drugs and weapons to China, North Korea and Italy. Soon they'll reach Russia and Albania by the end of this week."

"We got seventy-five percent profit this week. The highest we had so far in smuggling goods, drug trafficking and gambling alone," Selene added to his achievements.

Haden raised his glass and everyone clinked their glasses with each other. Selene clinked her glass against Brent's, muttering a low 'cheers.'

She was still pondering over the virtual ways to torture that nameless redhead sitting on Haden's lap.

Selene didn't care about his bimbos. Haden can screw anyone he wants, at any time. But tagging them along to the meetings which are important for the business is just reckless. She darted her glare to Haden, who already had his eyes on her.

He raised her glass to her and took a slow sip of his drink. Selene turned away from his gaze. She placed a smile for the dealers who were elated by the good news.

It was a huge success this week. Selene always kept track of the profits and investments. She had them by heart, Haden wanted her to. Claiming that if he forgets she can continue.

"We got eighteen potential dealers in all sorts of the activities. And established five new centres for currency counterfeiting all over the world," Selene announced with a proud grin on her face.

"That's amazing!" Jordan, the dealer exclaimed.

"Mamma mia! That's some great news for us." Luigi joined the celebration.

"But, but-" Haden stopped them, "This is not why I called all of you for." He gave a dramatic pause.

The room fell into a deep silence. Selene mirrored the expressions of their associates, oblivious of what Haden hadn't announced yet.

"We lost the golden Rhino deal," He stated with a grimace.

"What?!" Selene along with the others exclaimed in shock.

"You've got to be kidding me! It's a million dollar deal and you're saying that we lost it?" Benjamin, another dealer, the youngest among the four spoke.

"What's the need of these profits when million dollars are at stake?" Richard spat who was silent all along.

"What-how? We've sent our best team. There's no way-" Selene was cut off by Brent.

"Our team already had the Rhino when the cops ambushed them. They managed to escape but the Roman government recouped the artifact," Brent enlightened everyone.

Bad news, losses, failures were always Brent's part but Selene had no idea how they acted normally when they lost a million dollar deal.

"How did the stupid cops even get that sort of lead?" Selene questioned.

Haden damped his lips, "We had insider information that the locals suspected illegal activity and reported it to the cops."

By 'insider' he meant their corrupt officials infiltrated among the cops.

"When did people get so Sherlocky?" Luigi mused in an Italian accent.

"What do we do now?" She asked.

"Nothing," Benjamin answered, "If we do something and fuck up, we might give them a string leading to us. So let's pretend like this deal never started."

He was the wisest and more logical one despite being the youngest among the associates.

"I think Ben is right," Jordan agreed.

Soon Luigi, followed by Richard agreed. Haden and Brent were silent waiting for their associates to take the lead.

An eerie silence fell among them again. No one attempted to break it. Everyone was gulping down their own poisons from the glasses, deep in their own thoughts.

"Stop pulling my hair," Selene heard Haden mutter.

"Sorry," came another squeaky voice.

Selene turned at a now scared and sweaty redhead. She almost forgot that there was an outsider among the discussion who had no idea what these people were capable of.

The confab about drugs, weapons, counterfeit and not to mention, the artifact robbery might have scared the little cat on the demon's lap.

"I think we should call it a night." Selene suggested to which everyone muttered an incoherent yes.

****
The associates, Richard, Jordan, Luigi and Benjamin were escorted by their chauffeurs. Soon they left in their respective cars.

"They are not too upset, are they?" Haden fretted when only the four of them were left.

"I don't know-" Selene was cut off by the redhead's squeaky voice.

"Don't sweat it, honey," She said walking towards him. She tangled her arms around his neck, "Let me distract you tonight."

Selene must admit, that woman had guts. She was shit scared just a while ago yet dared to dance in front of the angry lion.

Haden sneaked his hands around her waist pulling her close. That hyped up the woman's confidence.

"You and me, tonight," She said, biting her lip.

Selene and Brent gave each other brief side looks before turning back to the duo in front of them.

Haden pulled back the redhead by her hair staring deep into her soul. His eyes were dark and his face was emotionless.

He rubbed her cheek with his thumb before uttering, "Kill her."

He walked past her, leaving a dumbstruck wide mouthed woman rooted to the place. He casually took the stairs for his room ignoring the poor woman he screwed a while ago.

Haden's soldiers immediately rushed to her, dragging her outside. She was yelling and kicking, trying to wriggle out of their death grip.

As they were dragging her past them, Selene stopped with her palm.

"Please, please," The woman begged.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"B-Brenda," She stuttered in fear.

Gone was the seductive look, gone were the fiery eyes. All that left was fear and regret.

"Well, Brenda. Be careful what you wish for," Selene spoke, taking a step back to let them drag her.

Her screams resonated all along the empty mansion. Selene felt sorry for her but there was nothing she could do. She lacked the power to cancel Haden's order. No one had that power.

"Well, at least the redhead dies with a name," Brent shrugged. Selene grunted at his remark.

She took the stairs as well, making her way to Haden's room. He lived on the top floor, separated from the other rooms of the mansion. Room is a misnomer, it was more like a penthouse which stretched from one side of the mansion to the other.

Selene knocked on his main bedroom, waiting for him to open.

A few moments later, he pulled open the door. He stared at her before completely opening the door for her to come in.

"You don't have to knock," He stated but she didn't respond to him.

She walked in, her eyes roaming over the lavish yet familiar room. She used to come here often but it's been over three months since she stepped foot in his room. Nothing changed, it was just the same.

By now he had already changed into sweatpants, showing off his tanned torso. The black Hawk tattoo on his right upper arm was clearly visible.

"Why a hawk?"

"because it's dangerous just like me."

Selene remembered the conversation they had once on the very bed beside her.

"Why didn't you tell me about the lost deal?" Selene asked the question that's been nagging her since.

He walked over to her, "I wanted at least someone to be genuinely happy tonight."

Selene nodded, appreciating his concern for her. That was sweet. Odd but sweet.

"Why did you bring her to the meeting if you'd kill her anyway," She questioned him again.

"She heard too much besides I didn't bring her. She insisted on coming," Haden spoke nonchalantly.

"Well you could have denied her."

"You know I never say no to a girl," He smirked and trailed his finger down her cheek. She was glad it wasn't her bruised cheek.

"Of course." She muttered and pulled back from his touch.

She walked past him, making her way to the door. He grabbed her arm, turning her to face him.

There was annoyance plastered on his face. It still confused her how he could be happy one minute then be angry and suddenly be cocky in just a few minutes.

"You will always sit beside me. Is that clear? " He said, gripping her arm tightly.

Selene nodded knowing that he referred to her previous ignorance.

Haden dipped his head, pulling her bottom lip between his teeth to which Selene responded involuntarily. He smirked against her lips, knowing how easily she gives in for him.

He pulled back after a while and stared at her with dark hooded eyes, "Staying tonight?" He asked smugly.

Selene glared and pushed him away from her, "Ask your redhead," She spat and pulled open the door.

"I'm not a necrophiliac, Selene," She heard him chuckle.

Selene ignored him and exited the room. She took a deep shaky breath, closing her eyes. Being in the same room with Haden gets her on the edge. Three years passed and she was still nervous and anxious around him.

Regaining her composure, she walked down the hallway and decided to call it a night as well.

But oblivious to Selene, there stood Brent blending in the shadows, watching her with his predatory eyes, waiting for his turn.

****
WC 1551

So! Do you like this chapter or is it too boring?

I know there's no Keir from the last two chapters. I'm concentrating on Haden and Selene to give you guys an insight about her work. Or else it looks like a movie on fast forward.

Team Haden? Or Team Keir ? Or both?

Haden and Selene are fine but Keir and Selene have physics and chemistry. 😂 Don't you think?

And why the hell is Brent watching her for?!

Comment down your thoughts, please!!

Don't forget to vote and share ❤️

~Love Aurora.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.5K 570 43
She was supposed to meet her friend,however,it never got to the point where she could knock on her friend's door.She bumped into her brother's rival...
29.7K 1.7K 106
โš ๏ธ Warning!!โš ๏ธ โš ๏ธ Contains mature content such as smut, violence, language and drug useโš ๏ธ Completed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^* " Bad things happen to everyone a...
7.7K 374 48
"๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž, ๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐š ๐ฉ๐ฌ๐ฒ๐œ๐ก๐จ. ๐ˆ ๐š๐ฆ ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’•๐’•๐’†๐’“ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง ๐š ๐’‘๐’”๐’š๐’„๐’‰๐’." Two serial killing psychopaths with close enough killing sig...
1.6K 40 54
He always was a lone wolf type of guy. Made his way with a gun under the table and an ace up his sleeve. A man with no name, no past and no future. H...