the dutch boy - haikyuu x m!r...

Galing kay drakensboyfie

a second year that stands at 6'4" who isn't in the starting lineup. all he expected was to make friends, memo... Higit pa

[ S E A S O N . 1 ]
second year - the dutch boy
m/n-senpai!! - meet tsukishima and yamaguchi
sub me in! - seijoh match?!
i'm not on the team?! - wrapped around his finger
what i think m/n looks like
key to success - meet iwa-san and oikawa
m/n's popular... - cheeky brat
the tallest, third tallest, and shortest - meet noya-chan and asahi-san
the ace is back - m/n is ruthless!
❗ NOTICE ❗
...a cat? - #13
blocked out - meet nekoma high
m-m/n is b-broken! - leftie
intimidation - start of interhigh prelims
manipulation - maniac
next time - something wrong
pushing it - it's only the first set
collapsed crows - i believe
m/n's stats ¹
¤ IMPORTANT ¤
¤ HEAR ME OUT ¤
☆ - texts w/ the boys + kiyoko (♡)
☆ - movie night
☆ - shopping distractions
☆ - blessed first years
[ S E A S O N . 2 ]
unhinged - meet ushijima wakatoshi
studying with m/n - meet yachi hitoka
calls and facetimes - one step closer
reunited - meet lev haiba
remember - crimson splatters
promise - what's your relationship with him?
¤ IMPORTANT ² ¤
why are they so abnormally comfortable? - just a club
thirsting - motherly insticts
☆ - leggings or kneepads
☆ - late night bathroom break
☆ - i-i'm the older one/kitten
☆ - taunting
☆ - hold my hand
☆ - blink if you need help
barbeque - sad goodbyes
first rounds - until october!
tension - fun bathroom breaks
phone number - anticipation
☆ - memories ¹
tennis ball - meet mad dog
☆ - memories ²
✨ h i a t u s ✨[OUTDATED]
☆ - memories ³
(:( notice ):)
all for nothing at all - ik hou van je
☆ - a slip of the tongue - 100k
!discord announcement!
meet me in amsterdam release
☆ - third year privileges
[ OIKAWA + IWA ]
HOW WE MET...

sweet nothings - i want to stay here longer with you

5.8K 264 45
Galing kay drakensboyfie

mood for today's chapter: ouch :D and kinda messy 

M/n wiped the sweat from his forehead. They were already on the second set, the points being 13-11, in Seijoh's favor. For the majority of the first half of the set, M/n was patiently waiting on the sidelines for the rotation to call for him. Not much had happened. The most notable plays were in regards to Mad Dog and his 3-point streak as well as his habit of knocking down his own teammates in his selfish attempts at getting the ball. 

Now that M/n was in the game, he was in the front row, right beside Kageyama. 

"Nice serve, Sho-chan!" he called out encouragingly, smiling at the first year. Hinata breathed a sigh of relief, thankful for the kind gesture before refocussing on his serve. 

From the signal Kageama did earlier, he let everyone know that it was about to be a synchronized back row attack. However, the moment Hinata spiked the ball down, it was blocked by Seijoh. 

"Did you think that was a good time to use a back row attack?" Oikawa's cocky voice made both Kageyama and M/n snap their heads to look at him, "I did, too," 

Kageyama grit his teeth and tried to hold in his rage while M/n only cheerfully smiled and stood in front of Kageyama, "Ne, ne, Oikawa-chan~" both setters looked at the second year in curiousity, "keep that pretty mouth of yours shut, m'kay?~ Before you make me do it for you and, trust me, when I do, it won't be pretty at all~"

His cheerful grin and light tone were very misleading to the threat he was giving. Oikawa pouted, not liking the persona M/n had developed on court, his lips turning into an even bigger frown when he heard M/n begin to comfort Kageyama with sweet nothings. He scoffed under his breath before turning to look at his team, which were giggling behind their hands. 

"What's so funny?!" he cried out. 

"M/n-chan really grew up to put you in your place huh, OIkawa-chan?" Hanamakki chuckled, mockingly saying his captain's name in the same way in which M/n did. 

"Shut up, all of you!" Oikawa scolded, a tick mark on his forehead.  

The next serve was Oikawa's, much to the displeasure of everyone on Karasuno's side. M/n gulped and watched as the captain sent the ball upwards, biting his lip when he saw that it was an almost perfect serve toss. He looked back to the defense behind them when Oikawa served it, flinching when he heard the ball make contact with the floor before any of them could even react. 

M/n clicked his tongue in annoyance, glaring at the cocky Oikawa. 

After some plays, the points were then brought to 17-13, still in Seijoh's favor. Thankfully, the next serve Oikawa had done hit the top of the net, leaving Nishinoya to save it. M/n acted quick, getting under the ball and sending it to Tanaka. M/n watched in anticipattion as three blockers were set up in front of his friend, but his worries washed away when he saw Tanaka had gotten them another point. 

He skipped over, throwing his arm around his neck and smooshing his cheek together with his, "Nice kill, Ryu-chan!"

At this affection, Tanaka looked at the other side of the court, smirking when he saw that some of Seijoh's players were glaring at him. He pulled off cocky and smug looks as M/n continued on praising him. He was rubbing it in to their faces. 

After that point, M/n was switched off the court with Sugawara. 

"Slaughter them, Suga-senpai!" M/n grinned, making the third year deadpan at his bright expression and morbid words. 

"Aha...al-alright, M/n-chan!" he shakily responded, moving onto the court after their substitution was finished. 

M/n walked over to the little box designated for the people on the side, excitedly watching for Sugawara's serve. And he didn't disappoint. He sent it right to Kyoutani in the front, making him take a knee and late to the next attack. Despite Seijoh getting the spike down, Daichi saved it.

 Kageyama and Sugawara switched places and it was now a 5 hitter synchronization attack. 

"So cool!" M/n cheered, bouncing on the balls of his feet as he leaned down on Kinoshita. 

Kageyama was the one that securred their point, hitting straight down. This made Seijoh call for a timeout. 

"Suga-senpai! That was so cool!" M/n cheered holding his seenpai's hands as he conveyed his excitement. He then went to ruffle his grey hair, grinning ear to ear to see that his upperclassman was also pumped up to be in the match too, "I'll be cheering you on from back here, so get as many points as you can," 

"Of course, M/n-chan," Sugawara smiled back, pure happiness filling his chest. It was stressful to be put into the game so suddenly and having to serve right away. But hearing M/n's, and the rest of the taem's, encouraging words and excited shouts, he was beginning to feel less stressed and more lax. Another thing that gave him energy was M/n's bright smile and gentle touches. 

He softly touched the back of his hand, remembering the lingering feeling M/n had left on him and smiled in determination. 

Seijoh used their timeout to plan effectively. Despite the ball being sent directly to Kyoutani, Makki came from behind and saved it instead. This made Kyoutani run up and spike the ball down onto Karasuno's court, making Sugawara sigh in defeat.

M/n and him switched out, but due to the rotation, Nishinoya went in again in place of M/n. So the middle blocker glomped Sugawara in a hug, swaying the two of them back and forth, "You did good, Suga-senpai!"

 "I wanted to at least take us to a tie though," Sugawara sighed once more and M/n only tightened his hold on the setter.

"Don't worry, the point you gave us was essential to our victory," M/n said, gently hugging Sugawara for a second longer before focussing in on the game. 

M/n stayed close to Sugawara for as long as he could, holding him from behind as he watched the match with hs chin resting on his older friend's head. He often scoffed and cursed under his breath which made Sugawara laugh or comfortingly rub his arms to calm him down. 

That numer 16 on Seijoh's side was making everything difficult. Karasuno had to call for another timeot and M/n couldnn't help but glare at the blonde hitter. If he hadn't been subbed into the game, Karasuno definitely would've had a higher chance at winning, at a faster pace. 

But because he was prolonging this match, M/n had a strong distaste for him. 

In the timeout, Ukai had just wanted the entire group to calm down and keep a level head. M/n sighed, tilting his head to gaze at Seijoh, locking in on the brunette setter. He clenched his fists, scoffing as his eyebrows furrowed in distress. He turned his head away in the next second, missing the glance that he got from Oikawa in return. 

Shortly after they were out of their timeout, Yamaguchi was subbed in in exchange of Hinata and M/n moved in as a replacement for Nishinoya. Before they made it to the court, M/n held onto his hand as the other rested on Yamaguchi's shoulder. 

"I wasn't there to see it last time because of my health," M/n started, regarding the last time Yamaguchi was put in as a pinch server against Seijoh, "but don't think about it now. Just focus on what you need to do and I'm sure you'll succeed, Tadashi-san!" 

Yamaguchi jolted slightly at the feeling of M/n suddenly ruffling his hair, but got a grip on himself and nodded in determination. 

With his serve, M/n watched in anticipation as the ball slowly drifted across the court, smirking when he saw it get closer and closer to the backline. He heard someone on Seijoh's side call it out, but he focussed only on the ball. And then, just as he had thought, the ball dropped down at the last second and was claimed as in.

He turned around so quick that he almost knocked his own body to the ground at the force. He spread his arms open and leaned down to scoop Yamaguchi up by his legs. He hugged his legs, cheering with the rest of his team. 

"Yes, Tadashi-san! Yes, yes, yes, yes!" He repeated over and over, swinging him back adn forth as he did so, "I'm so proud of you, I could kiss you," 

Hearing those words, the first year turned a dark shade of red, but M/n didn't make it any better. 
"Actually on second thought," M/n leaned down, placing the softest kiss on Yamaguchi's cheek before pulling away with a dopey grin, "nice serve, Tadashi," 

Yamaguchi almost had steam coming out from both of his ears. 

"All your hardwork is finally paying off! I knew you could do it!" M/n said as he ruffled his hair before walking back to his position, glad to see that the first year's attitude was turning more bright and positive. 

When Yamaguchi served again, it was another point for Karasuno and M/n couldn't hold back the shout of excitement. He turned around and offered two high fives for Yamaguchi, who had to go on his tippy toes to reach to receive, both of them smiling ear to ear. 

The third time Yamaguchi served, Makki was able to pick it up, but everyone kept calm. They waited for Oikawa to set, M/n jumping up in order to try and stop Iwaizumi. He grinned when the third year faltered momentaringly, bracing himself as he prepared for the impact of he ball. 

It went past his fingertips, M/n looking behind him to see if anyone would be able to save it.

 Yamaguchi, painfully, received it and M/n got ready to approach. 

"Nice save, Yams!" he shouted, smile ever so present as he watched as three blockers got ready for him. He looked back at Kageyama who had bumped the ball up, "I haven't got a good hit in for a long time," he murmured. 

He fixed his approach, grinning ear to ear as he reeled his left arm back. 

'Dammit, i forgot about that,' Oikawa cursed in his head, trying to move his arms quick enough to stop the incoming straight, but he was too late as M/n slammed the ball down with as much force as possible. It bounced off of the wooden planks with a loud kaboom, reaching almost the stands as M/n's feet touched the ground. 

"Yosh!" he screamed, Tanaka throwing himself onto his body, making his laughter echo in the gym. Tanaka was leeched onto him like a monkey, holding himself up on M/n's toros by wrapping his limbs around him, "let's go! Nice one, Kageyama, Yamaguchi!" 

The two first years nodded, Yamaguchi grinning as he heard the praise as Kageyama tried to calm himself down from his rising blush. 

With that point, there was a single whistle blown to signal a timeout taken by Seijoh. 

M/n was more affectionate with his praises, ruffling Yamaguchi's hair and hugging him tight and even carrying him and throwing him up to the ceiling as if he was a baby. But of course, he didn't go high and his landing wasn't as graceful of that of a baby. But overall, the aura around the team had lightened up due to Yamaguchi's success. 

"Let's go win this set and take this victory," M/n murmured into Yamaguchi's ear before pushing past him and onto the court. 

Since they had gotten the last point, Yamaguchi still had the right to serve. M/n threw him one more thumbs up before turning to look at Seijoh across the net. He made eye contact with Oikawa, who pulled his eye down whilst sticking his tongue out. M/n mimicked the action, a teasing smirk on his lips before he turned serious at the sound of the whistle blowing. 

With the ball going over the net, Mattsukawa had set it to Oikawa, who M/n watched carefully before moving. He sent the ball towards Iwaizumi and M/n was quick enough to block it out, sending the ball back onto Seijoh's side. No one had dug it out, giving them the point. M/n high fived his taemmates, who showered him with praises that only got him more hyped up.

'Man, it's finally starting to get exciting,' he thought, looking behind him to see the scoreboard, 'how many more points?'

But he froze where he stood when he saw the scores. They were at match point now, Karasuno was close to winning. It could very well be the end very soon. 

M/n's eyes widened as he brought his hand to clench the fabric of his shirt around his chest.

 Their match was almost over. He wasn't ready for this to end. He wasn't ready to win or lose. His eyes panned over to the other side of the court, heart clenching to see Oikawa and Iwaizumi having a short conversation. 

He wasn't ready. 

The game needed to go on longer. 

He thought about how much he disliked Kyoutani earlier. it was only because he was making the process all the more painful for him. M/n thought about this match as if it were a band aid. You rip it off quickly to not feel the pain that was left once you were done. But what if he's not ready to rip off the bandaid? 

Before, M/n wanted the match to be over and done quickly, thinking that it would hurt less that way. 

But now, as he stands in front of the net with a tight chest, he wants nothing more than to have this match go on just a little longer. He wants to stay here, standing on the same court as them.

 Even if it's just a couple more points, he wants the time to pass slower.  

As the rest of his team was cheering, one more point, he had to bite his lip. 

The ball was served, as good as the ones before, and Seijoh's libero was the one to save it this time. M/n braced himself, looking at directly at Iwaizumi's jumping figure that was ready to spike. He shook his head, squeezing his eyes shut as he put his arms up to block the incoming ball. 

Because of this, Yamaguchi had to end up receiving the spike, sending it flying elsewhere. Seijoh got the point, making M/n sigh in relief. His teammates however thought it was out of stress and went to pat his shouders. Yamaguchi was swapped off of the court with Hinata, glancing back at M/n.

Call him selfish, but Yamaguchi was expecting some sort of comfort from the second year. But when he looked back at him, it was almost as if a switched had been flipped off in his mind. M/n was simply standing there at the net, looking down at his hands. Yamaguchi quickly snapped himself out of his trance and jogged back to the sidelines. 

Meanwhile, Ukai furrowed his brows as he observed M/n. He didn't look sick and only two plays ago, he wasn't acting sick. But the coach had obviously caught into the shift in the atmosphere around the boy, he also caught into how it looked as if he purposely dodged the ball earlier. 

Unfortunately, he couldn't use any timeout to snap some sense into the boy, so he instead had to impatiently wait until this set was over to do anything about his attitude. 

M/n had a hard time concealing his emotions. It was a rollercoaster, to say the least. To constantly feel down and then happy whenever Seijoh scored. It was a complete chaos in his head now and he was beginning to feel an incoming headache because of it. 

When Oikawa had served and gotten Seijoh another point, he tilted his head to the side to see the board. It was set point, in favor of Seijoh. M/n took in a deep breath, finally coming to a decision.

He was going to make Seijoh win this set and go forward with no other personal emotions.

 Whether it be accidentally flubbing the ball or dodging a spike, he is going to do it. Because not only does he want to stand on the court longer with them, he knows he can trust his team to take that final set. It was a gamble, maybe a useless one, but he didn't care. 

Whether he'd be emotionally prepared by then or not is an unpredictable answer that he was not willing to think about now. 

So as M/n stands, with his hands on his hips, he gets ready for the ball to be served by none other than Oikawa. The setter made eye contact with the boy for a split second but at that moment the both of them let mischievous smirks come onto their lips. 

It was ferocious and scary, Oikawa's serves. And Daichi and Nishinoya knew that best. But they didn't cower away in fear. As Daichi put himself forward to save the ball, it went straight to the other side of the net. Kindaichi slapped the ball downward, but Tanaka reacted quickly enough to save it with his forearm. 

Kageyama was next to get his hands on the ball, sending it to Asahi who spiked it down with all of his power. M/n bit his lip anxiously watching as Makki received the spike with slight difficulty.

 M/n watched the ball go up, chuckling when he recognized the strong presence of Kyoutani that arose around him. 

But he wouldn't be fooled. Because in times like this, when their back is against the wall, Oikawa always sets to the person that always gets them out of their sticky situations - Iwaizumi. He delayed his jump before 'trying' to block the ball, smirking when it had whizzed past his arms and right into the floor. 

Seijoh broke out into cheers of excitement and relief, M/n hiding his small smile behind his hand as he watched the team rejoice. Karasuno, in turn, let out tired sighs.

"Just one more set," M/n murmured, looking at his team and Seijoh's, a longing look in his eyes. 

He wiped away a bead of sweat from his forehead as he waited for Oikawa to serve the ball. 

It was the final and third set now and M/n was beginning to feel tired out. He wasn't used to playing for such long times consistently and he was no stamina monster like Hinata. But, he knew he had to bear with this only a bit longer and then he could relax. 

As Oikawa's serve came across the net, Asahi was the one to receive it. Due to the power and force OIkawa had used, and at the speed it came towards Asahi, the ball was bouncing off of his forearms and going back to Seijoh's side. Kyoutani slammed it down with as much power as he usually did and the first point went to Seijoh. 

"Don't mind," M/n comforted before looking at Kyoutani and speaking directly to him instead of his teammates, "we can let them get a little cocky, y'know? Like the headstart you give your prey before you catch it," 

Kyoutani felt an irritated mark form on his forehead as he stared at the lax and coy M/n, clenching hs fists as it his side when M/n continued to smile as carefree as ever. 

Another point was given to Seijoh and one point for Karasuno. Now with the rotation, it was M/n's turn to serve. 

He spun the ball several times in his hands before looking at the court in front of him. 

"There's no point in holding back," he muttered and waited for the whistle to signal his start. The moment the referee blew into the whistle, he threw the ball up and got ready to use more power than control this time. He arched his back and brought his right arm back, snapping his waist and torso forward when he knew the ball was close. 

He watched the ball 'zoom' over to the other side of the court, smirking when Watacchi had to dive for the ball, barely getting it up. It was sent to Oikawa who had let Kyoutani take charge to spike it. Tanaka and Hinata jumped up in time to block it, but the spike overpowered their defense and it was sent out of bounds after touching Tanaka's fingertips. 

M/n chuckled, "Fuck, this is going to be even more tiresome if we're gonna keep playing tug of war," 

Soon enough, M/n took his place in the front row, smiling and waving at his opponents. 

"Look at you all! So cute," he said, emphasizing the word cute when he walked past Iwaizumi, who only rolled his eyes, "so focussed, so intimidating! I can't help but respect you all for that," he leaned down to rest his hands on his knees, awaiting the serve that was to come from Asahi, "it'll be all the more satisfying to watch your concentration break," 

Asahi let the ball fly fast past his teammates and Seijoh, it even having a lot more edge when the ball suddenly curved. It was already quick and powerful, but adding that extra measure of curve was smart. Now they were tied. M/n kept his same position as he awaited for Asahi to serve again. 

This time Makki was able to receive it and send it to Oikawa. M/n prepared himself before taking in a deep breath and jumping up to block Kindaichi. Easily, he was able to reach the height of the spike, but when te ball met his fingers, it was being sent to the side. No one on Karasuno's side was able to reach fast enough to save it, making M/n grit his teeth. 

"My bad, I'll be sure to keep our defenses stronger from here," he apologized, bitterly looking ahead at Oikawa who was ready to serve. 

When delivered, the ball grazed the top of the net making the team perk up in hope.

This was their chance to cut off Seijoh.

Tanaka took the ball into his hands before sending it to Kageyama. M/n grinned and jumped up to match the ball, snapping his wrist to appoint it onto a sharp course. 

Unfortunately, Oikawa was there to receive it. The good thing was that he was out of the question when it came to setting. So instead, M/n completely focused in on Kyoutani. He looked to his side, seeing Tanaka eagerly waiting to block him out. Quickly, the two switched positions, M/n saying a quick, "trust me," as he tugged Tanaka to his side. 

And with that switch, it allowed for them to gain another point since Kyoutani was completely blocked out. 

When their feet touched the ground, M/n looked down at Kyoutani, who was shocked his spike was blocked out. 

"Oi, did you think I'd let you get away with trying to pick a fight with Ryu-chan? Don't think I didn't notice your little pissing contest you two were having?" Tanaka stiffened, realizing that he was partially being scolded right now, "Now, for the sake of your team, why don't you focus on the entire game rather than just the player, Mad Dog?"

M/n glared at him once more before walking to his new rotated position, which was serving. He grinned, lifting the ball in his hands as he pointed directly to his new 'favorite' Seijoh player, Kyoutani. 

"Let's whip you into some shape, Mad Dog," he murmured before throwing the ball up. Unlike his first serve, this was more like his usual that were focused on control. Kyoutani grit his teeth as he prepared to receive it. It wasn't like Sugawara's that required him to take a knee, but it was stressful having to receive right before attacking. 

But Kyoutani didn't mind as he now had a new task - piss off and get under the skin of #13. 

So he followed after the ball that Oikawa had set to him and smacked it as hard as he could. M/n smirked at the sound of skin making contact with the ball, effortlessly stepping aside, "Out," he called. 

The referee gave them that point and M/n mockingly pouted, "Hm, Mad Dog-chan! I told you, stop focussing on the individual player, didn't I?~" His teasing smile only pissed off the other second year even more.

"You stupid dog, follow your master's orders next time~" M/n snarled, intimidatingly glaring at him before turning back to the serving position. 

M/n was up to serve again and this time he didn't aim at Kyoutani, but more towards the back of the court, leaving it to be anyone's save. He was hoping that they would panic and none of them would go for the ball, but unsurprisingly, Seijoh was more prepared than that and their libero got it up. 

M/n moved forward, licking his lips once he saw Kyoutani was the main offense once again.

 Since he wasn't in the front row anymore, M/n focussed on receiving and lowered himself to the ground just a little bit. It seemed luck was on his side, as Kyoutani had failed to even get the ball to the other side of the court.

M/n almost laughed when he saw the ball go straight into the net. A chuckle did escape his lips when he saw that the aggressive player got subbed out. With a handful of points going by, M/n was switched off the court with Nishinoya and joined the others on the side. 

Now they were at 11-12, in Karasuno's favor. M/n eagerly cheered for his teammates, but he so desperately wanted to be on the court instead. With each passing point, he felt himself get more and more nervous. He needed to play longer. Finally, when the score was 15-15, he was switched on and put right into the front row. 

Oikawa served the ball and Nishinoya shakily received it. He grits his teeth, seeing he would have to joust with Kindaichi for the point. So he jumped to be higher than the onion head, easily gaining Karasuno a point with a flick of his wrist. 

Thanks to that point, M/n rotated back around to the serve position. He breathed in and out twice before preparing for his serve. He threw the ball up, this time using his left hand to serve, grinning when there was an extra spin put onto it. Makki stepped to the side, gritting his teeth when he had to do an unnecessary move in order to receive the ball. The two grinned at each other before refocusing. 

Mad Dog spiked it into Tanaka's hand, leaving Daichi to receive the one-touch. M/n looked in anticipation as the first year duo were ready to score themselves a point. And despite Hinata jumping too far forward, Kageyama saved it by setting close to the net. 

M/n cheered the two on when they got the point, wrapping his arms around their necks and pulling them close, "Nice save, guys!" The two first years nodded, Hinata bubbling with excitement and stars in his eyes as he stared up at M/n. 

"Hinata was close to the net, so I gave him a set close to the net. I'm glad it worked out," Kageyama answered Tanaka, making M/n laugh at his serious face. 

"I couldn't expect anything else other than that from you, Tobio-chan~" M/n cooed, squishing his two cheeks together with his hand and babying him, "our little genius setter, huh?" 

"S-Shank you por thinking sho, M/n-shenpai," Kageyama spoke, despite his pressed cheeks muffling his voice. 

'To think, we'd see the day Kageyama would get his cheeks squished like some toddler...' the team sweatdropped, finding the scene in front of them very uncharacteristic. 

After a small push and pull of points, M/n had to be switched off the court with Nishinoya. M/n pouted as he watched the points fluctuate, getting more and more anxious as the two teams got near the twenty point mark. He sighed in relief when he got back in, high fiving Nishinoya as he jogged onto the court. 

Taking a quick glance to the board, he saw that Seijoh was ahead by just one point. He looked to his right, smiling when he saw Yamaguchi was behind subbed in as their pinch server once again. He grabbed stray ball and walked to his first year, smiling gently as he held the ball to him.

"Get a nice serve in," M/n grinned, "I know I can count on you, Tadashi-san," 

"Hai," Yamaguchi replied, grabbing the ball and stepping back onto the line. 

The serve was long, but thanks to Kyoutani thinking that it would be a repeat of last time, he touched the ball. It was slowly falling backward before Iwaizumi got his hands on the ball and bumping it upwards.

"Nice, Iwa-chan," M/n murmured, smiling at his friend that was now standing. M/n then ran with the rest of his team as they prepared for a synchronization attack. Asahi was the one that slammed the ball downward, only for it to be saved by Iwaizumi once again, "what the fuck did you eat this morning for you to react this well? And why is it suddenly kicking in right now, you bastard," 

Despite his, what most people perceive to be, intimidating and threatening tone, there was a smile on his lips as he spoke.

This time it was different. Since it was Iwaizumi M/n was talking about, there was nothing but admiration lacing his tone. 

M/n slapped his hand on Yamaguchi's back, "That was the perfect serve so don't mind." 

It didn't take long before both teams were in the twenties, Seijoh being at 23 and Karasuno 22. 
Unfortunately, it was OIkawa's turn to serve. M/n prepared himself as he stood in the front row, not at all ready for what was to come. As he stood there, awaiting the grand king's serve, he thought back to a memory he had with him.

"Ne, Oikawa-chan, how often do you practice serving?" M/n asked as he stared down at his red arms. He was busy all day receiving Oikawa's merciless serves, making his arms sting and burn.
"I feel like I shouldn't let you in on my secret~" the first year of high school teased, making M/n huff in annoyance. 

"You really are shitty, Shittykawa," M/n complained, making Oikawa flinch. 

"Oi! Take that back, you still need to have some respect for me! Just because we're friends doesn't mean you can go dragging my name through the mud!" Oikawa shouted, waving his arms around in protest to what M/n said. 

"Shittykawa, you always make things harder than they need to be," M/n replied, sticking his tongue out, "can't even help your kouhai learn how to serve like you," 

"Fine, fine, I'll tell you so stop the teasing already!" Oikawa caved in, making M/n grin in pleasure, "now stop calling me that nickname!" 

M/n grinned as he was snapped back to reality, his smile not faltering even as the ball was served to his side of the court. 

"Shittykawa, you always make things hard, huh?" M/n sighed, watching as the point went up to 24. 

Karasuno called for a time out, most likely wanting to physically stop the momentum Seijoh was building up. But it seemed that no one on Karasuno's team was willing to give up yet. It didn't matter that Seijoh was now at match point, they were going to get those points back and they weren't going to fall. 

M/n knew he wasn't going to fail, no matter what. 

Daichi got the ball up, giving his team the chance to score in whatever way they wanted. M/n got his approach for an attack ready, looking over to see that Aasahi was the one who was going to spike the ball down. And then it was their point.

"Yosh!" M/n cried out, relief blooming inside of his chest. 

The whistle blew and he looked over to Ukai, sending him a panicked look. No, he wasn't supposed to be subbed out just yet. They were so close! At least let him finish this. But he didn't have a say in this, so he had to walk on over to the sidelines and take the plaque from Sugawara. 

M/n bit his lip as he jogged over to the rest of the team, letting his head fall into his hands as he didn't want to watch any longer. If he wasn't going to be the one on the court, he didn't want to see the rest of the events unfold. He heard the ball thud after some plays and, judging from the reaction of his team, it was their point. 

Meaning the match wasn't over yet. 

But he didn't move, staying crouched down with his head in his hands. 

"You little brats!" Hearing Oikawa's shout which was filled with nothing but resentment and anger, M/n bit his lip and pushed himself to look up. 

It was their point. And he should've felt happy, relieved, and excited, but he couldn't bear to feel any of those things when he saw the pathetic position Oikawa was in. 

'Tooru, get up and take it back,' he thought bitterly, clenching his fists as he eagerly waited for the next point that would either finish this game or call for a comeback, 'don't end it here...I...want to play with you longer, please,'

His chest hurt as he had to hold back the urge to cry. 

"I want to stay here longer," he breathed out, eyes turning glossy, "with you,"

hi, i cant  promise that my update schedule is gonna be hella stable, but look forward to a lil more updates this week. also im not gonna spam all of the finished chapters now bc i still have to edit them lolz. I MISSED YALL

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1K 20 24
⚠️ Disclaimer ⚠️: The pictures do not belong to me!Haikyuu also does not belong to me, nor any of the characters in Haikyuu! This is and AU, so none...
257K 7.7K 32
You always have a good eye for observing people especially seeing their flaws on things they usually do. (L/n) (F/n), Nishinoya's cousin and a forme...
140K 3.5K 17
Kozume Kenma never thought that he'd find love, or even someone remotely like him. He was an outcast, whose life revolved around his phone and volley...
287K 6.1K 42
On one hand, it would be nice to be a part of something, especially with your best friends. You would gain new friends and make high school memories...