๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ž | ๐ฅ.๐ซ.๐ก

By bloodlineluke

Sophia, the young and headstrong Queen of Ocerallia has been sent to the kingdom of Cadeiric to marry the Cro... More

๐๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ˆ๐•
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐•
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐•๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ˆ๐—
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐•
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐ˆ๐—
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐•
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐ˆ๐—
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐—
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐—๐•
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐„๐ฉ๐ข๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
SEQUEL!
SEQUEL- FIRST CHAPTER!

๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐•

454 43 117
By bloodlineluke

Part 1 of this chapter!

My eyes slowly fluttered open to the sound of the maid's loud constant chatter from outside the door, but it wasn't until I felt Luke lightly running his fingers through my hair that I looked up for him to give me a smile.

"Oh... Good morning." I laughed, raising my head towards the window and staring into the orange sun which was slowly rising before leaning my head back on his chest.

"Good morning to you too." he smiled as he placed a kiss on the top of my head. "I could get used to waking up with you beside me." he whispered, continuing to play with my hair again.

"Me too." I hummed in delight as I threw my arm over his torso.

We must have stayed up until past midnight, talking about the Frost Festival and how excited we were for the day ahead, making us forget whatever else we had on our mind. Not to mention, falling asleep in his arms was the best part.

"And it's snowing outside; perfect day for the Frost Festival!" he exclaimed.

A crease appeared at my forehead as I listened, and once again, I allowed the feeling of guilt to take advantage and make me worry about yesterday's events.

"Luke... I want you to know." I breathed. "That whatever happens that I love you."

"What's going to happen?" he questioned and I swallowed uncomfortably. "I know you're scared about the change in our alliance-"

"It's not politics...It's us." I cut in as I pulled away from him. "I feel that we are testing fate here; that something bad will happen if we wed." I lied, hoping that I could somehow bring Edmund up.

"Nothing bad will happen; I promise you. I already told you that I will make my father see things the way I do and I won't let anyone else get in the way of our marriage."

"But perhaps if we are wed, then there will be a terrible price to pay afterwards." I insisted, trying to ignore the horrible voice in my head that was reminding me of Edmunds threats.

"Darling-" he started, rolling over on his side so he was leaning over me. "We've devoted our lives to our kingdoms and even if we are taking an enormous risk now with my father disagreeing, we must do what we think is right for our people." he explained whilst gently running his fingers up and down my arm. "You don't have to worry about anything else because I'll be here for you... forever." he broke into a whisper but his words felt as if I had been stabbed through the heart, and all I could do was simply nod, too shocked to try and form a sentence.

"Oh, how exciting!" Clara gasped, sticking her head out the carriages window just as it came to a stop. "There's so many people!"

A few hours after my somewhat surprising conversation with Luke; the royal family,my ladies, a few nobles and I, had just arrived in the village where the Frost Festival had already started.

Cheerful music was being played, children were madly running about and the rest of the villagers were all gathered in different numbers of people, talking away. As soon as we stepped out of the carriage, flecks of snow fell all around us and I excitedly grinned.

"Have the King and Queen arrived yet?" Mari asked, watching the carriage pull away.

"I don't think so but they should do any minute now." I shrugged, now reaching for my gloves in the fur cloaks pocket. "Come on, let's go explore!" I grinned whilst sliding them on my fingers.

The girls followed me all around the village, where we earned enthusiastic looks and bows from the townspeople. There were different stalls set up on each side of the path, selling handmade decorations and clothing as well as hot coco and butterscotch that was being served almost everywhere.

The delicious, sweet smell caught the girls attention so I handed them some money and they eagerly went over to get the drink of their choice. I continued to walk further down to where a group of people were happily dancing away with blue and white ribbons in their hands when I felt someone pinch my sides and I nearly jumped out of my skin.

"Surprise!" Luke laughed, appearing beside me with a massive grin on his face. "Did I scare you?"

"Me? Of course not!" I scoffed, rolling my eyes at him which made him chuckle. "When did you arrive?"

"Just a few minutes ago. The villagers kindly set up a tent for the royal family but I thought I'd come find you and stay as far as possible."

"Perfect." I agreed as I leaned into him and he didn't hesitate to link my arm with his. The thought of staying away from any royal for the whole day was so pleasing, knowing that I wouldn't be reminded of the whole damn argument all over again!

We both observed the scene ahead, clapping and shouting at the people's dance moves, until Luke suggested to go to the other end where apparently, some children's events were being held so I eagerly followed him over.

"What's all this?" I asked as we neared the spot where children were either dashing about in between the trees, trying on colourful animal masks, playing in the snow or even riding ponies around in a circle. And, the loud laughter was so pleasing to the ear that I was soon grinning all over to the sight of joy on their faces!

"Something that we do every year to remind them what a normal childhood feels like." he smiled but I tilted my head to the side from confusion. "The families here are very strict with their children so they don't have as much freedom as others. The festivals used to be so gloomy because they always missed out, but two years ago, it was finally decided between the royals and the people that the Frost Festival would exclusively be for younglings, as long as the King provided the safety that they needed."

"Well, what a splendid idea." I said in amusement, now realising why Liz wanted me to help her out with the planning yesterday.

"It was my idea actually." he laughed and my head shot up at him in an instant. "I didn't like how unfairly they were treated and always missed out on all the fun so I thought of doing something that would please everyone. It took some time to persuade my father and their families but it all worked out in the end."

"Luke, that is the sweetest thing I've ever seen." I gasped, my heart already melted into the ground.

"Well, I suppose it was only a small gesture but I just wanted them to have this day." he sighed but I shot him a smile, placed my hand on his cheek and stood on tiptoe to give him a kiss, overwhelmed from his words.

"Queen Sophia! Come help us with our masks!" I heard a squeaky voice call so I pulled away and glanced at the little girl who was furiously waving her hand about, before I ran over, leaving Luke to stand there with a smirk on his lips.

The children were quick to gather around me, holding up and showing off their masks and letting out the corresponding animal noises as soon as they tried them on. Some started to play together whilst others had difficulty with putting their 'disguise' on so I helped them with it before I was dragged into a game of tag.

I was more than happy to join in, now that my adrenaline was boosted and I suddenly felt like I was eight years old all over again!

I did stop to gaze at Luke a few times and although he was occupied by talking to some families, he didn't miss in returning a smirk whenever he caught me looking.

"Tag!" a little boy laughed as he smacked my hand causing me to audibly gasp and they all burst out laughing.

They switched games soon enough and now got separated in two groups of just boys and girls. The girls pulled me over to a corner and they began to enthusiastically jump about whilst asking me to braid their hair, and they squealed once I agreed.

Seeing how happy everyone was made not want to say no to anything! They were having such a wonderful time and for anything to occur to spoil it all would have been disastrous.

"Having fun I see?" Luke suddenly appeared behind me and he easily leaned over and left a kiss on my cheek.

"Too much fun actually." I laughed finishing the braid off on a blonde haired girl and she rushed off to show her friends.

"Come play with us?" the boys now shyly approached, the one in front throwing up a ball in the air and catching it.

"Gladly!" I said, causing them to fist bump the air before they threw the ball to the ground and I heard Luke walk away and towards Ashton with a laugh.

The boys started kicking the ball around in the thin snow, going deeper into the forest and passing to each other.

"You're not like other Queens." one of them panted as they passed to me.

"Well, what did you think Queens were like?" I laughed, continuing to run down.

"They want to stay inside because they're afraid of getting their dresses dirty but you like to have fun!" another replied, but of nowhere I accidentally kicked the ball in the wrong direction, only for it to go flying into the air until it clashed with a few tree branches.

"Oh..." I huffed, following the boys over to a tree and looking up to see the red ball stuck in between two branches.

Luke's POV

The man I was currently speaking to gave me a bow and he walked off in the opposite direction. I then turned my attention towards the children, but Sophia was nowhere to be found.

I brought my hands behind my back as I slowly scanned around, hoping to get a sight of the brunette but with no luck.

At least she was having all this fun and spending time with the villagers which I was most glad to see. It was also a good day to forget about all the things she had on her mind.

She was a lot more worried than what I was, although it somehow gave me the impression that she was hiding something from me. Maybe I was incorrect, but there was something odd about the whole situation.

I tried to hide what I thought of this but I did plan on asking her soon. For now, I didn't want to spoil it because she seemed so happy and cheery; something that I loved seeing her be.

She had been gone for quite a while though and I began to worry. Last time I had seen her she was kicking the ball around with a few little boys but it seemed that all five of them had disappeared.

I started towards the tress where I had, at least, heard them last and I walked on, looking left and right, until I did a double take and spotted the four boys all standing around a tree so I curiously went over.

"It's stuck! Maybe you should go fetch someone with a ladder." I heard Sophia say. "Wait, I've got it!" she called, just when a red ball fell from the tree and landed right at my feet and to my surprise, I looked up to see her standing there on the tree branch.

"Well, do you often stroll in trees, your Majesty?" I laughed, bringing my hands behind my back and causing her to gasp now that she had noticed me.

"No, I just climbed up here to fetch the ball for the children-" she said but stopped when she realised the boys had scooped up the ball and were already out of sight.

"I see." I said, stepping closer to her. "Are you planning on coming down or not?" I laughed and she returned a scowl.

"If you turn around then yes, I will." she said but I shook my head with a smirk. "Luke, I can't get down with you staring at my skirt!" she scoffed, and I purposely dropped my eyes there just to annoy her. "Luke!"

"Alright, alright, I'll turn around!" I held my hands up in defeat and span round on my heel and I patiently waited.

"Luke," she quietly mumbled after a few moments. "I can't get down."

I burst out into a laugh as I turned to meet her flushed face before she crossed her arms in annoyance from my reaction.

"Alright, come on. I'll catch you." I suggested, moving so I was just under the branch she was standing on.

"What?"

"I'll catch you." I repeated but she gave me an unsure. "Don't you trust me?"

"Of course I trust you but-"

"Then jump." I insisted with a laugh. "It's not that high anyways so don't worry." I added which seemed to have changed her mind from the look she gave me.

In just seconds, she tightly shut her eyes and took a step forward, only for me to easily catch her and she gasped as her hazel eyes shot open and stared into my own.

"Now that wasn't hard was it?" I laughed, bringing my arm under her knees so I was holding on to her bridal style.

"Oh, be quiet." she rolled her eyes as she threw her arm over my neck, up until we heard someone horrifyingly screaming in the distance and we looked at each other alarmed.

"What was that?" I asked, setting her down, when we heard another scream and we didn't hesitate to run towards that direction.

Sophia's POV

The loud scream echoed through my ears as we worriedly ran across the forest, but just as Luke was about to pull me out of it, I spotted Mari, Louise and a few other people kneeling down on the floor, but it wasn't until I saw the blood-covered snow that I realised who it was.

"Clara!" I yelled, picking up my skirt and running over as fast as I could.

————————————————————————

Hehe, hi everyone!

I decided to cut this chapter here as it would have turned out to be SUPER long so Part 2 will be in the next chapter!

I think everyone can see that there's a lot more 'drama' going on in the last few chapters and I hope it's enjoyable enough for the reader!

Also, I'm not so sure if I like the way this chapter is written, but hey, I'll try and make the next one better :)

have a good day/ night and thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

550K 17.1K 74
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
1.2M 52K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
356K 15.5K 39
เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
569K 20.6K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...