By Your Side - A Challengeshi...

By SpudDaPotato

[COMPLETED T~T] It has been halfway through the Duel Carnival, and Shark, ex-national duelist, and Kite, a nu... More

Chapter 1~ The enemy
Chapter 2~ Used again
Chapter 3~ Be Prepared
Chapter 4~ With Him?!
Chapter 5~ A long way to go
Chapter 6~ The Fearscape
Chapter 7~ To the finish line
Chapter 8~ Cover-ups
Chapter 9~ Under the Jacket
Chapter 10~ The cold shoulder
Chapter 11~ Tying cut strings
Chapter 12~ Preditors are cute
Chapter 13~ Nightmares
Chapter 14~ Needing Comfort
Chapter 15~ Revelation (Part 1)
Chapter 16~ Revelation (Part 2)
Chapter 17~ Revelation (Part 3)
Chapter 18~ Can't sleep
Chapter 19~ Floating
Chapter 20~ What's important
Chapter 21~Staying Awake
Chapter 22~ Hand-hold
Chapter 23~ Caught
Chapter 24~ Knock out
Chapter 25~ Saving Him
Chapter 26~ The Final Boss
Chapter 27~ A Trio's Battle (Part 1)
Chapter 28~ A Trio's Battle (Part 2)
Chapter 30~ Right your Wrongs
Chapter 31~ Mending cracks Together (Finale)
No words, just love~ Utopia x Galaxy Eyes
Epilogue
Bad News

Chapter 29~ A Trio's Battle (Part 3)

63 7 28
By SpudDaPotato

I miscounted, there is still 2 chapters left... Wait... FUUUUUUUUUUU Ok yeah it ends on Shark's POV don't worry :) Also, is this pic not cute?! Kimono broooooooz!!!

[Shark's POV]

Though the pain was terrible, somehow, I has a slight amount of hope in me. Is it Utopia? I don't know, but I felt like we could do this. Yuma still hasn't activated Zexal, and not once until I was down on the ground had I realised that he had his chance, ever since Hart had destabilized the Sphere canon. I felt my eyes widen in realisation. Yuma was busy muttering to himself, so I thought it was best not to disturb him, even though it was probably nervous stuttering and overthinking. 

I turn to Kite, who was still hunched over, and I could hear his whimpers wracking through his body, which made a wave of sympathy to go through him. I stare at him with intensity, not trying to make my eyes go soft at the sight of his blonde hair, whisps starting to part from his hair. The idea is with the intensity of my stare, he would look at me, and then I would point out my plan.

It starts going right when he turned to me, and I feel a lump grow in my throat when I see his own pain-sunken eyes crying back at me. It make an acid-like jolt run across my abdomen, and when I spoke, a high-pitched whine left my throat instead. That only earnt sympathy from his eyes instead of understanding. Great!

I try and regain his attention, monotonously flickering my eyes to the Sphere canon, then to Yuma, then back at his face. He seems a little confused, and the sorrow in his eyes were still there, which still made me angry nonetheless. I wanted to slap at him for some reason, or at least shout at him. But, from the burning pain I was feeling, I didn't trust my voice to speak.

As I try hopelessly to give my plan to Kite, Faker's evil voice boomed through the dark room. "Now that I've worn the 2 of you down, only you stand in my way, Yuma Tsukumo!" He spat his name out like it were the most sour words to say, and I knew I had to act fast before he acted recklessly and thoughtlessly, throwing this duel away. I point to the Sphere canon with more urgency, waiting for Kite to click, to understand.

I could tell he finally snapped the pieces together, because I see the sudden realisation in his eyes, widened when he finally understood. I release a breath I didn't know I was holding. It took nail-bitingly long!

He attempts to get up, grunting slightly before looking at Yuma. "It's now or never, Yuma! You and Astral can end this!"

I don't know where or what gave me this numbing power, but I managed to get up off one knee, finding the words to encourage Yuma to end this. It's not just Kite and him. It's me as well. All three of us were a team!

"He's right, Yuma! Your combined powers are too much for that thing to handle!" A wave of dizziness had hit me, but I was glad Yuma didn't notice, now listening to his extra-terrestrial friend who was talking to him. I couldn't distinguish what was being said between them, but I did hear Yuma shout out "Let's do this!" and run towards Astral, unleashing the power of Zexal. I smile, collapsing momentarily back onto my knees to regain my focus whilst they build the overlay network.

I look back up to see Yuma in his Zexal form, and my grin widens. Something, or someone, is giving me this strength to get back onto my feet, pull out my fists and prepare for the next fight. It's Yuma's turn now, and we are currently running on 100 life points, which I feel might be meaningless to Yuma, who had the confident glint in his eyes. 

"GO SHINING DRAW!" I watch as he draws at lightning speed, a bright light glimmering in its wake. "I summon Zexal weapon, ultimate shield!"

It has 0 defence points, even though it's a shield! But, I have a feeling there is a flip side to this card. I wait for it to come.

"This means I can summon 3 XYZ monsters in defence mode, though all of their special abilities are negated!" My eyes widen for the umpteenth time. We could have a huge defence force, and we can win this maybe on my next turn! If he summons our monsters! "APPEAR, CHAOS NUMBER 39, UTOPIA RAY!"

Stumbling for footing, I get onto my feet, flashing my cheerful grin to Yuma. I've worn it many times with Kite, but this felt like the first time with someone else in forever! It felt good! And, for that one moment, I ignore the stabbing pain in my stomach, and the previous pain and thought of my sister taking her final steps towards death, and let go of always running behind. At that moment, nothing mattered to me more than winning that duel. "Yuma, we can combine all of our powers and defeat Faker!"

"Yeah!" another voice, coming from beside Yuma. Kite was also on his feet, ready to end this too. The 4 of us were going to finish this. And I'm excited to see this end!

I clear my throat, and shout out as loud as I can, slight excitement evident in my voice. "COME ON OUT, CHAOS NUMBER 32, SHARK DRAKE VICE!"

Kite's voice, this time with just as much enthusiasm. More than I've even heard since I've first got to know him! "WELCOME TO THE FIELD, NEO GALAXY EYES!"

Never in my life was I so excited to see these 3 monsters beside each other. I've always wanted to defeat Neo Galaxy Eyes, hating its disgusting eyes, which now looks like the brightest of galaxies. Shark Drake Vice had once tried to possess me, which was why I had once hated it. But now, we've made an alliance, so we are relatively close for a monster and a duelist. And Utopia Ray, a card I wanted to defeat so badly for taking my pride and my happiness away from me. But, in truth, it was all the pent-up anger I had being released on a card that had only helped me do good! 2000, 2100 and 3000. That was the amount of defence we had. We can definitely survive another attack!

"And your monster loses 1000 attack points of each monster on our field!" I watch as Heart Earth went from a massive 5000 attack points to a tiny 2000. The sight alone satisfied me, and the dumbstruck look on Faker's face was still somewhat amusing. But, he wasn't as powerless as I thought, because a stupid smirk was on his face, eyes looking elsewhere to ours.

"Hate to disappoint you all, but the Sphere canon is finally fully charged, even without Astral charging it up!" a little amount of colour drained from my face as I saw Heart Earth take the laser into it's giant mouth, disgusted with it's horrible mouth. That's probably the monster I hate the most. And I have every reason to be right!

Yuma somehow remains unfazed, so I try and remain the same way too. "Next, I equip ultimate shield onto Utopia Ray! This means he gains 2000 more defence points!" His eyes dart furiously onto his card options, fanned out against him, probably having a conversation with Astral telepathically. "I next activate XYZ Unity! This card not only switches Utopia into attack mode but also adds all the monsters on my field in defence mode to it's attack points!" he looks up almost cheekily. "I'll do the maths for you, that's 9800 attack points coming straight your way! Now attack Heart Earth Dragon, Utopia Ray!"

"FOOL!" Wretched Faker interrupts his move, presenting his counted attack. "Heart Earth's special ability can bounce all that damage right back to you!" A flashy grin from Yuma.

"Did I forget to mention that XYZ Unity has another effect? By banishing a monster on my field, I can attack you directly!"

"But not if I can block that! I activate Barian Battle Buster!" He sneers menacingly at Yuma, and I shudder slightly. "This means that banishing a Barian card to the graveyard, I can play this card and stop two of your monsters' attacks!" Seriously, how many game-turners does this man have?!

"Well, that's ok, because I can banish the other monster on my field too, and attack you directly again!" Why would Yuma waste time on that attack?! Faker can very easily block it again!

"Have you forgotten that I can negate 2 of your monsters attacks?! So now you've wasted 2 of your monsters for 2 pathetic attacks! Furthermore, by banishing Barian Buster, I can force another monster to engage in battle!"

The coldest kind of dread washes through me, and I bite my lip in terror, but couldn't stop the words from escaping my mouth. "If he picks Utopia Ray, we're all cooked!" The random comment would've been much more humorous if our lives weren't on the line!

I don't know how much my heart can take with this! It's like a seesaw, watching it waver from one side to the other! And, finally, the outcome was that we would actually lose! And somehow, even with 9800 attack points being hurled our way, Yuma is still smiling confidently, though he was literally in the face of defeat.

"You've just lost!" I cock a brow, trying to ignore the aggressive thumping of my heart, or the sudden throbbing and dizziness in my head, probably outmatching the pain in my abdomen. "I ACTIVATE ULTIMATE SHIELD'S OTHER EFFECT!" I start to recover from my paralysed stated, though the throbbing in my head didn't subside, and attempt to focus at what Yuma was doing. "This prevents us from taking any damage! And Utopia Ray absorbs the attack points and makes them his own!" I don't think my eyes could go any wider! 16600 attack points! How does Yuma always keep turning the tables?! Is it because he keeps feeling the flow?! I watch in pure awe, as Utopia's sword grows in length, shining a bright blue. Just like my sister's eyes!

Yuma looked more confident than pleased, too focused in witnessing the defeat of Faker, once and for all. No plot twists. No counter attacks. Just plain victory. Nothing in the world could ever stop this attack from happening! He speaks through gritted teeth, pointing a finger straight at Faker.

"THIS DUEL IS OVER! GO UTOPIA RAY! ATTACK HEART EARTH DRAGON WITH ULTIMATE RISING SUN SLASH!" The sight of watching that wretched dragon explode was beyond glorifying, let alone watching Faker fly backwards in defeat.

But what I didn't expect was that a giant, shadow-like figure leave Faker's now unconscious body, dark red and looming darkly over him. It looked angry. Faker's cyborg effects were gone too. "You will pay for this!" it spoke angrily, its rough, echoey voice bouncing around the room. But it vanishes in thin air, and for a moment, all was still.

The Sphere canon was starting to tear apart, and through my blurred and hazy state, Kite's voice shouting for his brother rang through my ears, bringing me back to realise what was happening. I search frantically for Hart, looking for when he would be, whether he was struggling or falling. The one thing I had always wanted to do was to make Kite happy. And that would include reuniting him with his brother. And I do not want him to lose the one thing that mattered to him the most on my watch! 

I felt relieved when I suddenly saw him cradling his brother in his arms, both of them glowing brightly in happiness. He smiled intently into Hart's eyes, and Hart smiled weakly back. My eyes momentarily focuses on a relatively large piece of debris tumbling down towards them, and my body moved on its own, jumping in to protect them. I feel the impact of the rock ripple right through me, my body flying dangerously close to the edge of the platform, to the edge of the end of everything. The throbbing in my head was increased by a lot, more dizziness blurring my eyes, making my eyelids heavy. I can't go yet! The room was still collapsing! I had to make it out alive! See my sister one more time! I had too much to lose!

I'm panting and coughing from the dust entering my lungs, the cracked ceiling above me spinning around in circles. I'm groaning in pain, a horrible spike of pain digging into my back. Maybe, if I ever make this out alive, I need to take better care of my body. I can't hear, but can only vaguely see. Orbital was definitely back, his orange strips blending in with his dust-covered white. Kite suddenly jumps off the edge, and I see Yuma about to follow. I grab a hold of his hand.

In all truth, even though my bond with Kite was stronger, my bond with Yuma was the most meaningful. If my bond with him never existed, I would be stuck with those thugs. I would've never had this connection with Kite. I wanted to stop him from following. I didn't want him to die too. It hadn't hit me that Kite was going to die yet, but the least I could do was not make Yuma die with him! Too many lives were lost!

But my mouth disobeys me. "Good luck, Yuma!" it smiles, and Yuma gives a priceless smile back, before easily wriggling his hand out of my grip and jumping after him.

My vision was slowly blacking out, breaths continuing to be laboured, and everything around me was a swirl of colour. I didn't want to go! I wanted to jump after them and at least die with them too! But, I feel myself only further edge away, lids finally too heavy for me to hold up, and I pass out, unable to physically open my eyes again. I simply was too weak.

Do doooooooooooooo do do do do do dooooooooooooo doooo I dunno what this iiiiiiiissssss :)

Hope you like that, and I'm sorry it was WAY longer than I thought! 

The "trio's battle" chapters were impossible to write! You have to watch the episodes, then take notes, then somehow in cooperate them into a giant 2000-word story and make it interesting at the same time! Props to Yugioh for creating all of this, btw, I learned a lot more about Ultimate Shield.

I loki wanna play Yugioh! Dunno how, but I want to so bad!!! When I can afford enough money to get the game haha!

Thanks for reading!

Be potates!

                       ~Spud🥔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 213 5
DISCONTINUED tokyorevengers m/n haitani. a boy who loves his older brothers. m/n is like a doll kind of person who rarely talks. him being a dog who...
5.8K 138 26
This is a Sharkbaitshipping fan fiction. It will take place roughly a year after the anime ends, but will assume that Astral allowed the continued ex...
45.1K 1.4K 18
Highest Rank: 14th in Yugioh fanfics & 161st in puzzleshipping *COMPLETE BOOK* Yugi just moved to Domino High, he meets Yami and he feels like someth...
4.1K 635 45
Can a rivalry turn into something completely different? Can two archenemies become close, closer than they ever thought? Do they know the true extent...