The Valkyrie (Obi-Wan x OC) c...

By XLeintje

~In Norse mythology, a valkyrie is one of a host of female figures who choose those who may die in battle and... More

Chapter 1: How it all started
Chapter 2: A rare kind of soldier
Chapter 3: A first time for everything
Chapter 4: The escort
Chapter 5: A griffin's wrath
Chapter 6: The ruins of Velen
Chapter 7: The prison
Chapter 8: The weapon
Chapter 9: The element of surprise
Chapter 10: A medic's purpose
Chapter 11: The city of clouds
Chapter 12: A traitor in our midst
Chapter 13: A meeting in the woods
Chapter 14: An unexpected turn of events
Chapter 15: The lost brother
Chapter 16: Escaping the palace
Chapter 17: A new ally
Chapter 18: old memories
Chapter 19: the council
Chapter 20: the lost orphan
Chapter 21: Getting Ready For Battle
Chapter 22: Arthas Blackwing
Chapter 23: Agressive negotiations
Chapter 24: Free At Last
Chapter 25: King of Valeria
Chapter 26: A new order
Chapter 27: reunited
Chapter 28: No time for mourning
Chapter 29: Doctor knows best
Chapter 30: The smoldering coals of Valeria
Chapter 31: First lesson
Chapter 32: No Time To Waste
Chapter 33: The northern woods
Chapter 34: The caves of time
Chapter 35: Truth
Chapter 36: Fury and betrayal
Chapter 37: Mak'Gora
Chapter 38: Fate
Chapter 39: Destiny
Chapter 40: I'm yours
Chapter 41: Last chance
Chapter 42: A royal Hostage
Chapter 43: The Imposter
Chapter 45: Blackwing's Revenge
Chapter 46: From The Ashes
Chapter 47: We Shall Rise
Chapter 48: King and Queen of Valeria
Chapter 49: Floating lights
Chapter 50: Ocean eyes
Epilogue
Sneak peek: Crimson Eyes
Author's note
Announcement

Chapter 44: Battle of Eagle's Fall

2K 89 74
By XLeintje

Quick note: listening to 'against all odds' soundtrack from Game of Thrones will make this extra awesome.

Pure chaos. That was all it was. Ever since the sun had come up Obi-Wan had been fighting, trying to keep the shield standing and protecting the citizens of Eagle's fall. Yet even with all that effort he and his troopers were driven back every minute until they were locked up in the palace with everyone in the city. Obi-Wan and Anakin had formed a perimeter around the entrance, trying to keep the enemies from entering the palace's courtyard as Aidan's men battled in the sky.

"Anakin, barricade that door, quickly!" Obi-Wan pointed at the main entrance of the palace after the last few citizens had hurried inside. Just in time did he duck to avoid another arrow that was sent his way, his eyes widening when it settled in the wood right next to his face. He dove towards another barricade when a grenade was thrown his way, trying to shield himself from the rain of fire. The other troopers around him continued to fire at every enemy that came into their sights but it was clear they were with fewer numbers.

"General Kenobi!" Cody gave him some room to hide as he glanced over the barricade, seeing the large army inching closer each second and entering the marketplace they were in. The shield around the palace was still intact but it wouldn't last much longer. The captain took in a shaky breath, ducking away quickly when he saw trebuchets emerging from between the buildings. "The citizens are all inside, what do we do now?" His helmet barely managed to cover the worried shaking of his voice.

Obi-Wan grumbled as he glanced at the enemies nearing them, quickly diving down again when his visage was immediately met with another arrow coming his way. "We hold this position for as long as we can, Cody." He said and glanced up at the already breaking ray shield. "They have nowhere else to go."

"Obi-Wan!" Anakin followed his lead, diving behind another barricade made of old carts. He was panting loudly yet a smile remained on his face as explosions erupted all around him. "Cowering again, I see?" Even though his voice was light-hearted, Obi-Wan could sense the distress coming from him. "Have you found your girlfriend yet?!"

"What?" Obi-Wan glanced at his former padawan. "No, Anakin!" He groaned in frustration, deflecting some shots that were sent his way. "Can you concentrate for a moment?! We're being beaten here!"

"We might need her help!" Anakin yelled over the sound of the thunder, glancing up to see Aidan leading a company of his men through the skies. They were headed straight for the trebuchets. Within a few seconds 4 of his men were already falling from the skies, either dead or hit by nightshot. Anakin watched with big eyes as the king was hit mid-air by the weapon, almost plummeting to his death.

"Incoming!" Fives yelled loudly as he watched the king coming his way, diving out of the way just in time as the king collided on the ground right on the spot he was previously standing. Obi-Wan watched as the mess of golden feathers and dirt writhed on the ground.

"For the love of Freya." Aidan grumbled as he slowly managed to stand up, glancing up at the skies to see his troops disperse quickly. As he watched in horror he was hit by another projectile, thrown to the ground again but just out of range of another shot. "Kenobi!" He yelled as he managed to find some cover. "Where's my sister?!"

"Why does everybody keep asking me that?!" Obi-Wan yelled in frustration. "You know well enough that Lyanna is her own- ANAKIN!" He interrupted his sentence when he saw another fireball coming their way, using the force to hold it back before it hit the shield and could end their lives. As he slowed it down he realized he wouldn't be able to do it alone. Luckily, a loud Anakin came to his aid, standing up and extending his arms to divert the projectile with all his might.

"Phew." Anakin let out a deep breath as he sunk to his knees in exhaustion, watching the projectile explode just outside the palace. "That was close."

"We need to destroy those trebuchets or we're all done for." Obi-Wan worriedly glanced at the enemies' front, seeing about three of said weapons emerge from between the buildings.

"I think that time is now, jedi." Aidan's mouth fell open when he saw all three of them firing at the same time, the projectiles coming their way with an alarming speed. He watched as both jedi did their best to divert them, each focusing on one as he himself broke one apart amid the sky using lightning.

Both jedi seemed to manage until Obi-Wan was hit by an arrow. It sunk into his flesh on the right side of his chest, skilfully aimed just below his ribcage. He yelled out in pain and doubled over, watching with regret and guilt as the fireball collided with the shield with great impact, the ground shaking and groaning as they watched the barrier fall apart before them.

"Get down!" Obi-Wan yelled as everyone was thrown to the ground, wrapping their arms around their heads to shield it from the debris that was flying all around them. Wincing in pain he glasped his arm around the wound, watching blood seep through his fingers. He coughed as he stood up again, wiping the dust away from his eyes. All he could see was the ashes that fell around him but as he glanced up he only saw another fireball coming their way.

He knew that when that hit, they would all be done for. Obi-Wan quickly tried to hold it back but his power was wavering, the exhaustion making his limbs tremble violently. "Anakin, help me!" He glanced to the side only to see him trying his best to get up.

"Get inside, now!" Aidan yelled as he called the lightning down on the fireball. It exploded right before them, luckily missing all the troopers and himself. He grasped the armor of the trooper before him, pushing him towards the entrance of the palace. "We'll hole up in there. Now, hurry!"

"That's suicide!" Anakin protested, watching as some of his troopers quickly made their way towards safety.

"Do we have any other choice?!" Aidan yelled back and when he glanced back towards them he stilled. "It's too late."

Obi-Wan watched as he saw the desperation flicking through his eyes when he looked up at the sky. The king dropped his sword as he set his mouth in a firm line, drawing his brows together. When Obi-Wan saw the reflection of another flaming projectile coming their way in the king's eyes, he quickly turned around and saw his doom fast approaching. With the same stead-fast determination of a jedi he narrowed his eyes and concentrated, trying his best to stop the projectile from hitting.

He heard Anakin yelling loudly at his side as his vision was filled with flames drawing near. An unbearable heat surrounded them. An explosion seemed to rip them apart, throwing them back against the walls of the castle and knocking the air out of their lungs as they fell on the ground. A high-pitched noise sounded through his head as Obi-Wan groaned, his vision blurry as the pain at his side got worse. He was sure he was dead until he heard cheering in the distance.

"What?" Obi-Wan mumbled as he managed to get on his knees, his arms struggling with the weight of his body. The cheering got louder till it suppressed the high-pitched noise, making him frown in confusion until he saw what they were cheering for. He saw a red light disappearing into the distance and the ashes that she had left in her wake from when she had destroyed the fireball that would've killed them.

"Lyanna." Obi-Wan's eyes widened in amazement when he saw her in the sky. She looked just like a sun, casting her warm light over the city as she swung her wings. Flames danced around her, making any sensible man look up at her in both wonder and fear. For a moment that was all he saw. That image, an image of hope just like she'd told her people that day in the arena. That was exactly what she had brought now, with an army behind her back that battled their way through the sky which he had formerly thought was lost to them.

For a moment she stilled, looking over her city until she noticed the damaged state of the palace and what had caused it. Obi-Wan swore he saw her scowl even from this distance. Her flaming wings carried her swiftly as she collided with the fireballs in the air, making them explode before they could even hit the palace.

The reinforcements she brought went to work as she herself focused on the weapons, the flames growing bigger as she picked up her speed. Everywhere she went she left a flaming path in her wake, followed by ashes that rained down on the streets. Obi-Wan watched her dive towards the trebuchets, burning them the instant she neared them. They roared and creaked, colliding with the ground in matter of seconds in a heap of burning wood and ashes.

"About time." Anakin walked towards Obi-Wan, standing next to him as they both watched the princess do her work. Where they would've been shot immediately a few minutes before, now they weren't even given a second glance. They didn't even move when the troopers yelled loudly, gaining new courage and charging over the battlefield towards their enemies which soon drew back at the face of the army coming their way.

"Well, I'm not going to miss out on all the fun." Anakin lightly patted Obi-Wan on his shoulder before joining his troopers in their charge, igniting his lightsaber and jumping off to battle. The jedi master chuckled lightly again, looking back at the skies to search for the princess. His jaw dropped when he noticed her figure nearing and she was nearing fast, slowing down just enough so that he wouldn't be send to the ground. He could've known she was coming, for the temperature had risen dramatically in a couple of seconds.

Lyanna's POV

"Princess, watch out, -" I heard him yell but the air was forced from his lungs when I fell right on top of him, making him stumble back slightly as I clung to him tightly. I wrapped my legs tightly around his body, burying my head in the crook of his neck and breathing in his scent deeply. He smelt like ashes, dirt, and blood but somewhere the musky scent remained. I felt the warmth of my wings behind me as they steadied our bodies, moving slightly through the air and smouldering with heat.

Obi-Wan sighed deeply and chuckled, wrapping his own arms around my body and softly entangling his fingers in my hair. As the worry slid of my shoulders, knowing he was still standing and breathing, the stinging pain in my side remained. As I moved it got even worse and I could hear the jedi taking in a sharp breath.

I untangled myself immediately and took a step back, my eyes widening and taking in his dishevelled appearance. "Obi, are you all right?! I felt you get hurt, I was worried sick!" I rambled on as my eyes scanned his torso and found the red patch of clothing covering his right side and the arrow that was still etched into his flesh. My eyes widened immediately but with a quick scan, I discovered that it hadn't hit any critical spots.

"I will burn those that did this, -" Before I could even try to check his wound he'd grasped my hands, softly pulling at them to get my attention back to his face. I wasn't having it though and started ripping his tunic apart and pulling it to the side.

"Princess!" Obi-Wan scolded me, pulling even harder when I resisted and pulled the arrow out of his chest. "Lyanna!" Finally, I dared to meet his eyes, calming visibly instantly when seeing the soothing blue of his eyes. "It's just a scratch, I'm all right."

My eyes darted between his, trying to find any form of deceivement. He frowned in response, his hand going up to my cheeks when sadness replaced the worry. He was fine, I decided, but that meant there was no real reason for me to stay now. At least, I would be breaking my own promise if I kept on going after this. "Where have you been?" He asked when I looked around, trying to spot any danger to find out if I had any time left.

The battle was still raging on around us. I heard the blaster fire of the troopers on the edges of the marketplace, saw the countless wings clouding the sky. Even though their attention had been driven away from us, they would soon see us here and I would be left with a quick and decisive decision. "Follow me." Grasping Obi-Wan's wrist I dragged him with me towards a dark alley, avoiding the arrows that were sent our way as soon as we exited the safety of the barricades. My head was swimming with what to say to him, but no viable option came to mind.

"Princess, what is going on?" Obi-Wan watched me with worry as I glanced behind us, pushing him further down the alley.

"Obi, we don't have much time." Out of breath I managed to form those simple words after I'd turned towards him but the continuation was still lost. As another explosion tore apart another building near us we tried to shield ourselves from the debris that soon followed, wrapping our arms around our heads and ducking against the wall.

After he shielded me with his own body his eyes started to take in my appearance. Only then did Obi-Wan notice the blood that was covering my whole body. The black armor was almost completely drenched by it and covered in dirt, ashes and other things Obi-Wan didn't even want to know of which it consisted. "Where have you been?" His eyes soon went back to mine as they started to fill with worry.

"It was Derik he, he kidnapped me and, -" Another explosion interrupted me. The rumbling shook through our bodies and made me realize what I had known all along. "Look, we don't have much time, all I need to say is this." My hands grasped for both sides of his face, forcing him to look me straight in the eye. As he did my words left me again.

It was as if I was back in his room the night before. I felt his warmth, the tender caress of his fingers against my cheek and all the worries seemed to eb away. His eyes were always what had captivated me. Even now, amidst all the death and chaos they gave me strength. Something to fight for. All I knew was that I wanted to live in that single moment for the rest of my life. I wanted to drag it out and savour it, spending time I knew I didn't have anymore.

Obi only frowned, not sure if he wanted to know what this was about. His eyes darted between mine and the battle that was raging out on the marketplace. "What is it?" Obi-Wan pressed on, carefully shaking me to wake me up from the trance I was in. I, however, still hadn't gathered my wits. The words got stuck in my throat when I thought about what I had to tell him, not able to form even a single syllable. Instead my voice croaked as tears started to form in my eyes.

The moment he saw that happening he literally dropped everything he held, both his hands quickly rising to wipe away the tears streaming down my cheeks. "Lyanna, my darling." His brows drew together. "Tell me what is going on, please."

"Obi-Wan, I... I'm afraid." I broke into tears fully. It hurt, especially when I had to say it out loud and see the hurt it caused him. Even after everything, after all I had discovered seeing him hurt was the most terrible thing. I hadn't even told him the full truth yet and he was already trying his best to stay strong for me.

"I can't do what I know I need to do." I cried, bowing my head in shame as my body trembled. My fingers dug into his tunic, trying to hold something steadfast, something that could keep me edged onto this world that seemed to spin all around me. Obi's frown deepened, his hands freezing as he tried to figure out what I meant. A million emotions swam in his eyes but no words left his mouth.

"We don't have much time, Obi." I seemed to have recollected my voice as my hand went for his lightsaber on his belt, holding it out for him to take between us. Breathing in deeply I collected the courage to continue and dampen the tears flowing from my eyes. "When I'm gone Arthas will be vulnerable. You need to strike him down the moment you can for there will be no second chances and I won't be there to help you."

Obi-Wan looked down at his hand holding the lightsaber, seeing my smaller hands cradle them softly and close his fingers around it. It was then that it truly got to him. The reluctance to tell him, the desperation to make sure he wasn't wounded, the way I'd tried to finish all the work in the hospital and the sadness that he felt overwhelm me. Yet everything in him fought against it.

"What do you mean 'when you're gone'?" He managed to muster out as his eyes went back to mine. He was biting the inside of his cheeks but tried to keep his face composed, locking up all the emotions inside as he always did. "Lyanna, what do you mean?" Obi-Wan pressed on with more urgency when I didn't answer, struggling with my own words.

"Obi, I..." I couldn't look into his eyes anymore. I couldn't bear to see the hurt in his eyes as I told him. But when a low, deep rumble went through the air all around us fear started to replace the reluctance I felt. The air around us got thicker and colder, pressing down on us as it darkened remarkably.

"No, I need more time." Stepping away from Obi and glancing around I'd tried to spot the person I knew was coming. Instead of seeing him, I only saw his signature dark magic darken the skies. "Obi, listen carefully." I spoke harder when the rumble got louder each second and screams started to mingle with it. Turning towards him I grasped his shoulders tightly. "I need you to kill me!"

Obi-Wan's expression didn't change, all he did was look at me questionably as the noise got louder. I wasn't sure if he'd heard me, especially when I couldn't even hear my own words leave my mouth. "Obi, please!" He only shook his head and frowned. I saw his lips move but couldn't hear the words coming out of them. So instead of trying to tell him I tried to show him, grasping his hands and turning his lightsaber towards me. "Kill me, now." I tried to get my meaning through.

I saw something change in his eyes. Maybe it was because he finally understood, or because he was more confused than ever. Before I could spot the difference the threatening hum suddenly changed into a loud explosion, sending us both to the ground as we tried to shield each other from the walls that were caving in.

Ghostly screams started to mingle and I saw multiple red eyes appear in the courtyard. Utter desperation started to cloud my judgement and gave me newfound determination, pushing away the fear I previously felt. Glancing to the side I saw Obi-Wan groaning loudly as he tried to get up on his knees, his lightsaber lying in between us.

"I'm sorry, Obi-Wan." I spoke. He glanced to the side; his eyes wide when they looked at me. I think that was the moment that he truly realized what was going on for I saw the change in his eyes. Instead of confusion and denial, both hurt and anger started to replace it.

"There you are." When Arthas's voice sounded through the air I decided quickly. My hand went for Obi-Wan's lightsaber, turning it towards my own chest and closing my eyes as my thumb went for the button.

"Lyanna, no!" I felt the cold metal slip from my grasp. Obi-Wan had managed to pull it from me using the force just in time before the laser blade managed to pierce my heart. Obi-Wan held the lightsaber before him, now in his grasp, as his eyes filled with betrayal while looking at me, his chest heaving up and down as he narrowed his eyes, hurt laced through his voice as he spoke. "What were you thinking?!"

"Obi, you don't understand, I, -" My eyes darted towards the sky, seeing a dark figure coming our way through the air swiftly. Quickly turning back towards Obi-Wan I pushed him away, out of range of the incoming warrior. "Get Eveline!" I yelled as my body erupted into flames. "Obi-Wan, I need you to-"

The air was knocked out of my lungs as I felt his body impact with mine. He ripped me away from the alley, carrying me through the air with his arms tightly grasped around mine. I saw Obi-Wan's figure becoming smaller each second as I soared through the air. He'd tried to reach me and even tried to pull me back using the force but it was of no use. All I could see was his lost eyes as he stared at me.

It made me even angrier than before. "Arthas!" Thrashing in his hold, I tried to get out of his iron grip. "I thought we'd talked about this! You're invading my personal space!"

"You're starting to get on my nerves, little dragon." Arthas growled in my ear.

"Let me go, you no good son of a, -" I tried kicking, pushing, casting fire but nothing helped against the muscled arms holding me in place. When we reached the top of the buildings he suddenly threw me back to the ground roughly, again making me gasp for air as it left my lungs instantly with the impact.

"You know, for an old man such as yourself, - " Getting up on my hands and knees I glared up at his figure. "you're quite the lifter. What's your secret? Kidnapping? Killing innocent-"

His feet pounded towards me after he'd landed, grasping the cape attached on my back and lifting me from the ground, interrupting me. "I have lived a thousand years and never before have I met someone as much as a nuisance as you." He'd lifted me up till our eyes were on the same level. I saw the red in his eyes flare as he spoke, his voice as low as a growl. "You really think you'd be able to escape me?"

"Well, to be honest, you haven't been very good at keeping me imprisoned. Quite on the contrary, I think I did a better job, -" I rolled my eyes but got thrown back on the ground as a response. He placed his foot on my chest and kept me trapped there.

"The dead are killing every citizen of Eagle's Fall, and for what?!" Arthas yelled as he pushed me down harder, making me grasp his foot and try to lift it off me. I glanced to the side, seeing the corpses of our fallen soldiers rise from the ground with the same glowing red eyes as the man above me. "Because you couldn't let go of one simple jedi?!"

"I'm sorry, weren't you the one that started an entire war because you fucked the king's wife?!" I writhed and kicked but it was to no avail. "Now get off of me so I can kill myself, you grunt!"

"Oh no, no." He bent down, grasping my chin in his hands. "You made a choice. Now I'm going to kill everyone you love right in front of you and then lock you up for the rest of your pathetic, meaningless, little life as I destroy everything around you."

"Listen here, you prick." I hissed through my teeth. "I get that you had daddy issues, but you don't need to act it out on all of us." Arthas snarled again, lifting his fist in the air to deliver a powerful blow.

Before he could, a voice called from the mist. "Lyanna!" I quickly glanced to the side, seeing Obi-Wan's light figure appear, his eyes widening when he saw the mass of dark material standing amid the courtyard.

The figure seemed to breath loudly and furiously, his shoulders heaving up and down as it turned around, thick black mist surrounding everything around him and moving with him. The entire city was covered in the same clouds, making it impossible to see another person, making it feel like you were alone in this nightmare. It was only for the two, red flaming orbs that Obi-Wan could make out it was a man as they took in his surroundings while holding the struggling princess beneath his feet.

Obi-Wan simply ignited his lightsaber, drawing his attention towards him. Arthas cocked his head to the side when he saw the jedi standing there, a smirk playing on his lips when he saw the naive courage in the eyes of the auburn-haired man. "Obi-Wan Kenobi." He spoke teasingly and watched in amusement as he slowly walked closer. "The man that has brought me so much trouble simply by seducing a queen."

I saw the countless undead bodies turn towards him, making my entire body fill with fear. "No, Obi, run!"

Obi-Wan only narrowed his eyes in response, bending through his knees a little to gain his balance. "Get away from my princess, now."

 Hey guys!

I don't really have much to say except hi. I like you guys. I loved your comments last chapter. Really made my day/week/month. 

I'm sorry this update was delayed. I regret to tell you that last saturday I was admitted to the hospital. Things have been going downhill I'm afraid, but luckily I'm back home now. In the very least it gave me a new perspective when it came to patients, for I wasn't the doctor this time. 

Stay safe my darlings. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

639 26 7
"QUIET! YOU HAVE A CHOICE. SAVE YOU AND THE UNBORN CHILD BY STAYING WITH ME, OR DIE WITH YOUR HUSBAND AND CHILD BECAUSE OF YOUR CHOICE." Padmé trembl...
422K 8.1K 111
You are Obi-Wan Kenobi's padawan during the middle of the clone wars. After a battle that almost costs you your life, everything changes. Gender neut...
3.3K 45 24
"the day started out like any other. grab a coffee and a bagel and rush out the door to work, praying I get there on time. The only change? A massive...
12.8K 467 37
A Vader Dark Romance The end of the Clone Wars didn't come with a cease fire and peace treaty. It came all at once, with a dream and the disappearanc...