Chapter 40: I'm yours

"Obi-Wan?" I whispered as I carefully opened the door to his chambers. Finding it empty, I slowly stepped inside, glancing around the room to find his whereabouts. I saw his jedi tunic thrown over his bed that was neatly made, his lightsaber resting on the nightstand. I felt the nerves wrecking my body as I walked into the room, trying to find out if I even wanted to confront him after what I just learned.

Could I face him, knowing full well that I would be breaking his heart tomorrow? Could I lie to his face, hiding that I was planning to sacrifice myself? I knew I couldn't yet I longed for his presence now more than ever. Guilt was filling me, yet I knew I would regret it if I didn't go. It would be my last night alive and I'd be damned if I didn't take the opportunity to be with him. My heart was longing for his touch, his sweet embrace and his soothing words and there was nothing that could withhold me from him now. After all, I had nothing left to lose but time.

"My queen?" I heard something soft fall to the ground, making me lift my gaze to her immediately. A servant girl stood there, hastily picking up the towels she'd just dropped. "What are you doing here, your majesty?" She stuttered, whispering softly.

"I came to see the jedi." I walked towards her and helped her pick up the towels.

"He's taking a bath." Her big eyes met mine. "I can tell him you were here?"

"A bath?" A large smile was plastered on my face as I stood up with her. I took the towels from her hands. "No, I can tell him myself." The servant nodded nervously and fidgeted with her hands as she turned towards the door. "Oh and -" She turned to look at me as she held the door in her tiny hands. "This will stay between us, right?" A knowing smile started to play on her lips as she nodded.

"Of course, your majesty." She bowed slightly and closed the door behind her. Smiling, I made sure my footsteps were as silent as possible as I made my way towards the bathroom. Every room had its own, especially in the royal quarters. I could already smell the aromas the servant put in the water and inhaled the scent of mint, my nerves already subsiding.

Opening the door, I quickly spotted the back of his head, his auburn hair damp and his arms resting on the edges of the bathtub. He tensed momentarily but soon sank deeper into the water with a deep exhale. "You can put them on the counter over there, dear, and go home. I have no more need of your services." He spoke kindly. I chuckled as his velvet voice filled the room, feeling the last bit of worries escape from my head.

I knelt down behind him, wrapping my arms around him and kissing the muscles on his neck. "Are you sure, master jedi? I hear the massages here are heavenly." He froze momentarily, his hands gripping the bathtub tightly. When he saw just a strand of my hair falling over his shoulder as I continued my path of kisses towards his jaw, he relaxed immediately and sighed.

"Princess." He chuckled, turning to look at me when I stood up again and placed the towels on the counter. "I should've known it was you." I only smiled at him in response as I started to carefully take off my armour, pulling the shoulder guards off and setting them next to his clothing.

"What did she tell you?" Obi-Wan asked and placed himself upright in the bathtub, his eyes focused on me as I took off the deep red linen garments. I wasn't sure if he saw me freeze for a moment but if he did he didn't make a comment about it. Ignoring the gnawing sense of fear, I turned to look at him and faked a smile.

"Nothing we didn't already know." I spoke, not fully lying. I knew he'd sense it if I were. Yet even now he seemed rather unconvinced, his eyebrows furrowing together as he studied me. When I moved to take off the last piece of garment that still covered my chest, he winced and made a protesting sound.

"Princess." He scolded me as he narrowed his eyes.

"What?" I acted innocent, holding the strap of the underdress in my hand. One move and I would be left almost completely bare. Where with most men it would fill me with insecurity, with him I only felt more confident. Obi-Wan shook his head and chuckled lightly, leaning back and closing his eyes again, lifting his palms from the bathtub in surrender.