Chapter 45: Blackwing's Revenge

Okay quick note: this is the conclusion. This is the last battle of this story and everything is coming to a close. It's gonna be a long chapter (about 7000 words, hence the very delayed update, so sorry about that), so be sure you've got enough time and space to read this because it's going to be a ride. It's not the end though! Like 2/3 chapters left to close it all up, so get ready, grap some popcorn, leave a vote and lots of comments (pleaaaase) and let's go.

"Get away from my princess, now."

I felt my heart warm instantly the moment he said those words, my pulse dropping as our eyes connected. Obi-Wan stood amidst pure chaos. Stead-vast like a rock, his feet planted firmly on the ground and his blue eyes set in a stern gaze. In some way the moment I saw him I knew it was going to be all right. A sense of peace came over me, so to speak. Even though there was this massive man standing on top of me I was surer than ever. Obi-Wan, master jedi and general of the army of the republic was here to aid me. Yet when Arthas chuckled in response, pressing his foot down onto my chest harder to keep me grounded, doubt arose once again.

"No, Obi! Run!" I yelled quickly, my hand reaching for him even though he was too far away. As a response Arthas used his other foot and placed it on the top of my hand, pinning it to the ground as I yelled out in pain when he pressed his full weight onto it.

"I told you I'd make you watch." Arthas grinned madly. The red glint of his eyes flickered as he moved his hand, commanding his undead soldiers to attack the single man standing in his way.

"Hold on, princess!" Obi-Wan yelled. We watched as Arthas's undead soldiers charged at the jedi. I whimpered when they completely crowded him, shielding him from our sight. In a mad frenzy I started thrashing, kicking, trying to pull him to the ground and burning down everything around us by helplessly flapping my wings on the ground but it was of no use. He simply kept me pinned on the ground, looking down with a smile on his face as fire danced around him.

"The more you fight, the harder it will become." Arthas spoke smoothly, not even in the slightest moved by all my attempts. "It's kind of poetic, don't you think? The more you fight, the more you lose soldiers and the bigger my army becomes. You say you stand for hope but the way I see it, the only thing you stand for is naivety."

"It's a thing called human emotions, you idiot." Instead of struggling against him I glared up at him. "The moment I'm free you're dead."

"Yes, maybe. Maybe you'll finally find a way to die." He shrugged, his eyes drawing back to the mess where Kenobi was fighting for his life. I heard his lightsaber connect with bones almost each second, letting me know he was still there.

"But if you do I'll still have my own life. I'll be like everyone else, vulnerable. I'll still have my own powers and as it is looking right now, they won't be able to defeat me even then. Even if they tried, they would fail because I'll have you." He glanced down again, a devilish grin plastered on his face. "I'll raise your warm corpse to fight for me."

Our eyes connected again as I stilled. He'd raise me from the dead the moment I'd die. He'd not only have me completely under his command, he could also use my own powers against the ones I loved. If my own body wasn't enough to dishevel them, the fire would certainly kill the jedi.

"Oh, you really need to see a therapist, Arthas." I mumbled but the ice-cold fear settled itself inside my heart. "That is fucked up." The whole plan I'd formed was completely useless. I couldn't kill myself but I also couldn't let him go free to destroy the city. Somehow I needed to find a way to be sure that he could be killed the instant I'd die. All I needed was more time.