Made To Survive ❂ Bellamy Bla...

Da -CallieJay-

{{COMPLETED}} {{BOOK ONE}} "Survival isn't who you are, it's who you become." ❂ ❂ ❂... Altro

Playlist
1. Prologue
2. May We Meet Again
3. Shut Up Floorboards
4. God Bless Radiation
5. Don't Pout Princess
6. What Are You In For
7. We're Even Now
8. Don't Pout King
9. I'm Not Afraid
10. Sassy Pants
11. Do The Honors
12. Christmas Miracle
13. Chancellor Of Earth
15. Going Rogue
16. Cold Hearted Bitch
17. You Need To Get Laid
18. That's Intense
19. Tell Mommy On Me
20. These Idiots
Thank You
21. A Pissed Bellamy
22. Extremely Evasive
23. I Need You Too
24. Hey Lovebirds
25. Hell Of A Kiss
26. First To Succeed
27. Sunshine And Rainbows
28. I'm Still Here
29. Hey Handsome
30. Big Bad Protector
31. Little Sky Person
32. Sexually Frustrated
33. Today Is My Birthday
34. Fire The Rockets
Ask Us Anything
Q & A
Character Breakdowns
Announcement & Contest
Contest

14. No Problem Lace

8K 199 309
Da -CallieJay-

❂ ❂ ❂ ❂

I opened my eyes to be met with cloth walls. I was in a tent, a very big tent. Which made me realize that this was Bellamy's tent. I roll onto my back and glance over at him. He was on top of the blankets curled up into the corner. I'm in Bellamy's tent, sharing a bed with Bellamy. This is very weird. My eyes widened at the sudden realization that I was able to fall asleep, I'm rarely able to do that without Finn. I can only fall asleep when I feel completely safe in my surroundings, which was usually with Finn but I fell asleep in my tree because I felt safe there.

           I sigh through my nose and sit up, trying to make as little noise as possible. I swung my legs over the bed and slipped my boots on. I considered taking Bellamy's jacket, but if anyone was awake outside this would already look weird enough. When I got outside dawn hadn't broken yet and there wasn't a soul awake in the camp. I knew I wouldn't be able to fall asleep again, so I wandered to my tree which I hadn't visited in six days.

When I got up to the tree, I marked down the six days I hadn't marked before. I looked over to the grave site and counted the graves. Two for the boys who followed Finn, one for Trina, Pascal, and Atom. I crossed out three more tally marks on the branch. I climbed back down to the ground and now was searching for someone, anyone.

There were a few people up, most of them looking like they were looking for something, or someone. When they saw me they seemed to have relaxed. When I looked around the only person just now coming from outside of camp was Murphy, and his arms were full of firewood. So I'm pretty sure people knew he was gone. I noticed Bellamy standing a few feet away and made my way over to him.

"Were they looking for me?" I ask gesturing to the few people who had found something better to do.

Bellamy's eyes and body seemed to relax when he saw me, "When the definition of loud and irritating vanishes from camp, people begin to worry."

Murphy by now was standing beside Bellamy along with his other minions. They all began to snicker and I morphed my face into a small frown.

"That's not a very nice thing to say about Murphy." I say still frowning but the corners of my mouth started to pull into a smirk.

Miller tried to hide his burst of laughter with a cough after Bellamy glanced over at him. Actually all the boys started to laugh but tried to hide it, even Murphy's lips were trying not to smile. Bellamy looked over at me and let out a breathe that sounded like a chuckle.

"Go do something useful." Bellamy says to his pets, before they scamper away.

"Definition of loud and irritating?" I question, pushing his shoulder back.

He lets out a small laugh as a smile spreads across his face, "Just because we started over doesn't mean we lose our banter. Right?" He asks while scratching the back of his neck.

I nod in agreement, "Right. I'll see you later." I say backing away.

"You better not be going outside camp, it could be dangerous." He shouts after me.

"Nice to know you care." I laugh back at him, "I still don't take orders from you, Blake."

I walk back out of camp and head straight for my tree. As I walked towards it my leg caught on something, probably a branch, and I fell straight into the ground. The heels of my palms and my wrists began throbbing after catching my fall. I sat up and expected to find dirt covering my hands, but instead I was met with the deep red color of blood.

My hands started shaking as I turned my head to look behind me. There laid a body, and one I recognized more than I wanted to. I crawled over to the boy who's shirt was half covered in blood. His eyes were open, but vacant, his lips parted but he was still. His neck had a silt in it, much like the one I had, and the one I gave Atom. I reached out my hand to check for a pulse I knew wasn't there. But once it was confirmed, it hurt all the more.

Wells is dead.

           I let out a quiet sob, "Wells? No, please don't leave me."

My hands rested on his chest as I tried to wake him up, hoping this wasn't real. This couldn't be real. My shake hands found each other and placed themselves on his chest trying to do CPR but knew it was no use. It was too late. He was already gone. My fingers were placed over his eyelids and shut them.

"May we meet again." My voice trembles along with my lips.

My head dropped to his chest as my body convulsed from the sobs raking through my body. I shook my head trying to understand how he could be gone. I just got him back, he can't be gone. I let out a frustrated and heartbroken scream. My hand found his but it was cold, dead cold. The feeling caused another sob to escape my lips.

My body was soon lifted from Wells' despite my protest. The person who picked me up spun me around and I was met by the face of Bellamy. I hadn't realized I was slamming my fists into his chest until he was clutching my wrists in his hands.

"Princess." He says strictly, trying to get my attention.

I look up to him through my tears, he looked concerned. His eyes were wide and focused on nothing but me. Before I could comprehend what I was doing, I had thrown my arms around his neck and buried my face in the crook of his neck. His arms wrapped around my waist, trying to comfort me.

"Bellamy," I hear Miller's voice but I don't move from my position, "we have to, you know? You should get her out of here."

I don't protest as Bellamy scoops up my legs and carries me away from the scene back to his tent. He probably realizes I don't have one by now. He cleans my hands with a wet cloth, and I sit staring at the blood on my hands. He stares at me for a moment, before saying anything.

           "I'm sorry about Wells."

           I shake my head, "No you're not. You hated him."

           "Just because I didn't like him doesn't mean I wanted him dead." He snaps back with a small amount of anger in his voice, but enough for me to notice.

           "Sorry." I breathe.

           "I'll be back. Just lay down or something."

           With that Bellamy leaves and I find myself falling on my side. I could feel the dry tears stained on my face. I couldn't cry anymore. I couldn't really bring myself to do anything, except stare aimlessly at the wall. I didn't keep track of how long it took before Bellamy got back, but when he did I forced myself to sit up.

           "I thought you might want this." He tells me holding out a jacket.

           It takes me a minute before realizing the significance of it. It was Wells' jacket. My trembling hands reached out for the material, and once it was in my grasp all I could do was run my hands over it. Bellamy's hands were suddenly over mine, as if asking permission to do something. I stared blankly at him, not really sure what he wanted. He took the jacket from my hands, my eyes widened but he shook his head, trying to tell me he wasn't taking it back. Instead he placed it over my shoulders and pulled it around my body. That was the moment I could smell it. Wells' aroma still covered this jacket. I closed my eyes I took in a deep breath, smiling to myself as I did.

Once again I threw my arms around Bellamy, but this time it was a thank you instead of seeking comfort, "Thank you, Bell." I whisper into his neck.

I notice his body shift as the nickname was airborne. But it didn't seem like it made him uncomfortable. In fact after I said that he tightened his grip around my waist, and pulled me closer to his body.

"No problem, Lace."

❂ ❂ ❂ ❂

           I wake up coughing and feeling like my skin was on fire. Everything hurt. The next thing I knew my mother and father were rushing me to the medical bay. Abby ran a number of tests on me, and after a while she finally met with me and my parents to talk about what to do with me.

           "She has the Flu, it's a virus and very contagious. I'm suggesting we keep her here, that way I can keep an eye on her, and there's no risk of getting anyone else sick." Abby explains.

           "She'll be okay right?" My mother asks.

           Abby nods, "She'll should be fine. This is why I want to keep her here, that way if her conditions worsen I'm here to help her."

           "If that's the best option we'll do that."

           I shake my head, "I don't want to stay here, Mom. I'm scared, I just want to go home." I say starting to cry.

           My mom's eyes widen and she walks closer to me, "This is the safest place you can be. Abby is going to take great care of you."

           "I don't want Abby to take care of me, I just want you, Mom. And I want to be at home."

           My mom looks over to Abby, and Abby smiles, "It's up to you, I was just making a suggestion."

❂ ❂ ❂ ❂

We've been on earth for eleven days. It has been four days since Wells died. I had crossed out his tally mark yesterday, and I brought flowers to his grave every morning. I brought them for all the graves but left more for Wells. I hadn't spoken much to anyone. In fact I hadn't mutter more than a syllable while speaking to people. Maybe it's fear, maybe it's guilt, and maybe it's just a mix of too many emotions. My bets on the latter.

Fear of the grounder retaliation was getting a wall built. Which we should've started the day we landed, in my opinion. Everyone was working, and working well together. Except for the biggest dick in the world, he didn't play well with anyone.

"Hey!" Murphy yelled when Connor dropped a log, he obviously was too tired to carry.

Apparently people have never heard of heat exhaustion. I can't blame them, there was never really any heat on the ark.

"You think the grounders are just gonna sit around and wait for us to finish the wall?" Murphy asks strutting over, "Maybe we should let the little girl do the lifting for you, huh?" He says gesturing to Charlotte.

"I just need some water, okay?" Connor explains while panting, attempting to catch his breath, "Then I'll be fine."

I walk over and stand beside Charlotte who was tying nots around the wooden posts. I would've challenged Murphy a couple of days ago, but I couldn't bring myself to open my mouth. Luckily Bellamy had the same idea as me.

"Murphy, get this guy some water." Bellamy commands, Murphy soon disappearing. Bellamy looks over to Charlotte, "Hey, you got this?"

I looked over to her and she nodded her head and proceeded to walk towards the log, that was twice her height. A playful smile rested on Bellamy's face as he caught her arm.

"I'm just kidding."

She smiles and returns to her spot. Bellamy picks up the log with ease and carries it off to the next section that hasn't been finished yet. I follow behind them so once they get the log up I could start on the rope. As I tied the rope Bellamy watched me intently. Bea was next to me working on anther set of logs.

"So, Princess decided to step of her throne and join the workers, for once?"

Bea scoffed, but before she could make a remark I looked down to him, "You mean the same princess who was going to go to mount weather and bring the workers food?" I ask hopping off of the piece of wood I was standing on, "Or the one who killed the panther that nearly tore you shreds?" I take a few steps closer to him folding my arms over my chest.

That's the most I've said in days. But I sure as hell wasn't going to question it now. Bellamy smiled and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"I'm sorry, did you actually say something?" He asked jokingly, while laughing.

"Shut up." I laugh, pushing his shoulder.

"Oh my god." Bea says from behind us, "I ship it so much." She sighs.

"What the hell does 'ship' mean?" He asks with furrowed brows.

"Haven't you ever heard of a boat? You know it's a type of transportation?" Bea questions, "Floats in water... most the time. Stupid iceberg." She mutters the last part which causes me to smile.

"I'm pretty sure you meant something other than the titanic." Bellamy retorts.

"And you'll never know." She smirks.

Bellamy glances over at me and I raise my arms in defense, "Hey, do I look like I speak psychopath to you?"

He raises his brows, "Do you want me to answer that honestly?"

My mouth drops open, but laughs escape both of our lips. I shove his shoulder again, a little harder this time. I can hear Bea's giggles behind me, and when Bellamy gives me a quizzical look I just shrug.

"Bellamy we need to talk. In private." Octavia says rushing over with Jasper.

Both Bellamy's smile and mine disappear, when noticing their panic stricken faces.

He gestures with his head towards a tent, "Come on." I hang back until he turns to glance at me, "You coming Princess?"

❂ ❂ ❂ ❂

"Lacey, darling drink this." My mother offers me.

I shake my head, "It tastes gross."

"It'll help you get better."

I sigh and plug my nose as I drink the liquid. I scrunch my nose at the disturbing taste. My mom starts coughing, and I perk up at her sudden change. I could see the bags under her eyes, she was sick like me. Although I was almost fully recovered.

"Rose?" My father asks stepping closer, "Are you okay?"

"Just stay away from Lacey and I, obviously it contagious."

"I told you that you should've just let Abby take care of her."

"I can take care of my own daughter."

"But now your sick."

My mom stands up to talk to my dad. Instead she losses consciousness and my father catches her.

❂ ❂ ❂ ❂

Clarke was somehow informed about this meeting because when I entered the tent she was in there as well. I stuffed my hands in Wells' jacket pockets and shifted my weight as Octavia started explaining why she was outside the wall. Without warning she drops a knife and two fingers into the table. Well's fingers.

Bellamy quickly glanced at me, looking for my reaction. I did my best to remain calm, and hide my shaking hands.

"Let me see the knife." I say, forcing strength to come from my voice.

Jasper hands it to me. As I begin to examine the knife my eyes widen at the sudden realization. This realization made my hands shake more, for a different reason.

"It was made of metal from the drop ship." I say.

"What do you mean?" Jasper asks, watching me carefully.

"Who else knows about this?" Bellamy asks, glancing at Octavia.

"No one." She replies, "We brought it straight here"

"Lacey?" Jasper asks me again.

My hands shook in anger, I was pissed, but there wasn't anything I could do without starting a riot.

"The Grounders didn't kill Wells." I state anger seeping into my words, "One of us did."

I throw the knife into the table. It sticks into the wood and is at least a foot away from Bellamy. Clarke grabs the knife before he does, though. Doing and examination of her own.

"So there's a murderer in the camp?" Jasper asks concerned.

"There's more then one murderer in this camp." Bellamy states.

Clarke quickly glances at me but I brush off the statement. I knew what I was. Call me crazy but I'm not going fight the title anymore. I'm also not ashamed of it anymore. I did what I had to. I was a murderer, and I knew it.

"This isn't news." Bellamy continues, "We need to keep it quiet."

Clarke starts to walk towards the exit but I take a few quick steps towards her. Bellamy blocks her way and I stand beside him. I knew what she was doing. She was going to start chaos. She wasn't thinking straight.

"Get out of my way, Bellamy." She spat spitefully.

"Be smart about this Clarke." I tell her.

"So your siding with him now?" She asks getting angrier.

"I did realize we were going act like five year olds about this. I assumed we would act a little more civilized and not take 'sides'." I say firmly, "We have to think about this Clarke. We can't just go out there and start a riot."

"Look at what we've achieved the wall, the patrols." Bellamy adds, "Like it or not, thinking the grounders killed Wells is good for us."

"Oh, good for you, you mean." Clarke shoots back bitterly, "What keep people afraid and they'll work for you? Is that it?"

"Yeah, that's it." Bellamy says taking a step closer to her.

"It's good for all of us." I state placing my hand on Bellamy's chest and pushing him back, "Their fear of the grounders is building that wall. And that wall is to protect all of us, not just your majesty." I say referring to Bellamy.

"And besides," Bellamy continues, "what are you gonna do just walk out there and ask the killer to step forward? You don't even know whose knife that is."

"Oh, really?" Clarke challenges with a know it all tone, "J.M." Clarke states a little more seriously, showing us the engraved initials, "John Murphy. The people have a right to know."

Clarke pushes past both Bellamy and I, storming out of the tent. I turn around quickly and chase after her.

"Clarke wait!" I call after her.

"You son of a bitch!" She screams shoving him back.

Murphy lets out an amused laugh, "Whats your problem?" He asks with a smug smile on his face.

I make a move to rush forward. But Bellamy catches my arm and pulls me back. When I start to fight to pull my arm away, he gives me a look begging me to leave it alone. I let out a small sign and relax. His grip on me loosens but he doesn't full let go.

"Recognize this?" Clarke asks holding up the knife.

"It's my knife. Where'd you find it?"

Murphy lunges towards her to take his knife, but she pulls it away from him. By now the entire camp had made a circle around the two.

"Where you dropped it after you killed Wells!"

Murmurs fill the camp and I look around watching people's expressions. It's not a unbelievable theory, so I understood why some many people seemed quick to believe its validity.

"Where I what?" He questions in disbelief, "The grounders killed Wells, not me."

I tilt my head and watch his face. He didn't have an obvious tell. Everyone has a tell.

"I know what you did, and you're gonna pay for it."

"Really?" He questions lowly. He shifts his gaze over to Bellamy, "Bellamy, you really believe this crap?"

Bellamy tightened his jaw and didn't have a chance to respond. Clarke had already started saying why they should believe her.

"You threatened to kill him. We all heard you. You hated Wells."

"Plenty of people hated Wells." He defends, "His father was the chancellor that locked us up." He cheers trying to get the crowd on his side.

"Yeah, but you're the only one who got in a knife fight with him."

"Yeah, I didn't kill him then, either."

"Tried to kill Jasper, too." Octavia added from the sidelines.

More murmurs fill the camp and a nervous energy sets over Murphy. Not a guilty nervous, he was worried. But not about being caught. Somehow I just knew.

"Come on. This is ridiculous." Murphy says trying to shrug it all off, "I don't have to answer to you. I don't have to answer to anyone."

"Come again?" Bellamy asks in his booming, leader like voice.

Murphy stops and his eyes stayed locked with Bellamy's. He trudges over looking more and more concerned by the second.

"Bellamy, look, I'm telling you, man. I didn't do this." He speaks in a soft tone and with a sincerity I hadn't heard before.

He didn't do it.

"They found his fingers on the ground with your knife." Bellamy replied in the same voice.

"Is this the kind of society that we want?" Clarke begins getting in a leader speech mode, one I'm not very fond of, "You say there should be no rules. Does that mean that we can kill each other without without punishment?"

"I already told you. I didn't kill anyone." He says in a harsher tone.

I hated Murphy as much as anyone, but I started to believe him. Raven always said I was good at telling whether people were lying or not, and I knew he wasn't lying.

"I say we float him." Connor yelled.

My breath for caught in my throat, and my eyes widened. And my hammering heartbeat got worse when people began to agree. I ripped my arm away from Bellamy's grasp and before he could catch me I was already in the middle with Murphy.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I shout, "You say you hate the chancellor, the man you floated your loved one and now you want to do it to one of us?"

"Why not? He deserves to float. It's justice."

"I say it's bull fucking shit." I spit angrily, "Revenge isn't justice."

"It's justice." He screams.

"Are you kidding me?" I yell again, "You say you want nothing to do with the Ark. That you hate them."

"Hell yeah we do." I hear someone shout which is what I wanted.

"Then why the fucking hell are you still following them?! Huh? You think you are so different from them, that you are better than the Ark. Look at you, you are exactly the same as them. You are pathetic."

Connor steps forward and shoves me shoulders. I nearly lose my balance and fall, but I quickly catch myself and shove him back.

"Float you!" I scream angrily.

"Float him!" He yells right back at me.

A chant begins. I look around and nearly everyone in the camp has their fist in the air chanting the same two words over and over again. Murphy takes a few steps towards us but someone trips him. That's when all hell broke loose. I'm shoved back by Connor. I nearly fall back but a hand grabs mine and pulls me away from the mosh pit. I find myself behind Bellamy with his arm protectively in front of me.

I couldn't even tell what was happening, all I could hear were Clarke's screams for them to stop. Octavia made a move forward but Bellamy caught her with his free hand. A group of guys picks up his body and throws him down the hill. I run after them Bellamy right behind me. The next thing I saw was a rope being slung over one of the trees.

"Stop!" I scream but a boy shoves me back.

With all the anger that has been growing inside of me, I punch him twice, "Don't fucking touch me." I growl at him.

I look back to Murphy and he was standing on a crate, with his hands behind his back, a gag around his mouth, and a noose around his neck. I turn to Bellamy behind me gripping his jacket in my hand.

"You can stop this! They'll listen to you." I tell him, but he doesn't meet my eyes.

"Bellamy! You should do it." Connor shouted, silencing the crowd.

God I wished it would've stayed silent.

"Bel-la-my!" They began chanting, over and over again.

I look up to him and tug on his jacket, forcing him to look at me, "I saw you in the woods with Atom. I know you're not a killer." I say, "Bellamy don't do this." I plead.

He pushes past me causing the crowd to roar with cheers of approval. I catch his arm. Screaming for him to stop.

"Bell don't!" I yell.

He freezes for a split second, to look back at me. His eyes were full of pain and regret, and I knew nothing I could say would stop him. And just as I predicted he kicked in the crate and Murphy began struggling for breath. The crowd cheered happily as Murphy struggled for for breath. And I thought I was a psychopath.

"This is on you, princess." He spat at Clarke, "You should've kept your mouth shut."

Elliot and Hunter found their way by my side. I closed my eyes not able to watch anymore. I felt two strong hands grab my arms and I knew who it was. I opened my eyes and was met with a very serious Bellamy.

"Princess, I'm sorry."

I slammed my hands into his chest angrily, with all the strength I had. Sending him stumbling back a few feet. He stared at me with sad eyes but I didn't care. He was going to be a murderer now.

"What the hell are you doing?" Finn yelled running over, "Cut him down! Charlotte, get out of here now! Cut him down! Get out of my way."

Connor pulled out a knife attempting to stop Finn, but he showed no fear. They were shoving him back but he kept fighting to get through.

"Stop!" Charlotte yelled earning everyone's attention, "Okay? Murphy didn't kill Wells!" My heart hammers harder as I begin to think I know where she's going, "I did!"

"Oh, my God." I mutter.

I rush to Bellamy and pull out the ax that is resting in his belt. With one quick throw Murphy drops from the rope. I stare down at the boy and let out a breath of relief when he starts sucking in a breath. While people rush over to Murphy, I look to Hunter and gesture towards Charlotte. He quickly grabs her and takes her to the meeting tent. I run after him and Elliot, feeling a sudden need to protect the mere twelve year old girl.

❂ ❂ ❂ ❂

Holy shit I actually made it on the right day! It's a Christmas Miracle!!

Anyway I hope you guys likes the chapter and I also hope you guys had an amazing holiday and  a happy new year.

I wish you all the best for the upcoming year. I want to tell you all that I love you all and I wouldn't be doing this without you all. You make it all worthwhile.

Question Time: I honestly don't know what to ask anymore... Thoughts on the chapter?

Radom Question Time: Have and New Year resolutions?

•callie•

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

17.1K 319 28
Another new story. ~~~~ "Blake, your not a cadet anymore. Why you here?" I asked. "How's it going woods?" Bellamy smiled. "Dodging questions I see"...
73.7K 1.4K 34
Nessa Stevens has lived in the dark all her life, until she's sent to the ground. Nessa was a second child born on The Ark, hidden by her father...
300K 6.1K 55
"You say that you have a whole hell of problems, but you underestimate the hell I've been through," I murmur, as he tilts his head downwards towards...
651 15 8
(s1) a young girl with 99 other criminals gets sent down to earth to see if the planet is survivable after it's has been covered in radiation for 97...