The Alphas Guard

Від bubblegumfog

❝Her eyes spoke more than her lips moved.❞ After her pack is brutally taken over, Leila is forced to reside i... Більше

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 - The War
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49 - Filler
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54 - Filler
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57 - Filler
Chapter 58 - Filler
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - The End of Leila and Luca
Book 2 snippet

Chapter 38

3.8K 173 11
Від bubblegumfog

I roared like it was my last day alive. With so much strength my eyes shone a vine green and my body laced with tremor. Never had I experienced something so ferocious in my 18 years of living. Never.

Without a second thought I slammed my head backwards and spun, grabbing the arm of my captor. With all my power I pulled downwards, tearing the ugly witches ligaments and kneeing her in the stomach.

If there was one thing I inherited from father, it was his reflex, and I wouldn't change it even if it meant I lost an eyeball.

"King! Grab the blonde bitch! I'll focus on the 400 year old," Kate shouted as coil like strings of fire extended from her arm and wrapped around the oldest witches throat.

Luca did not need to be told twice as he growled and shifted into his raven haired wolf.

Not giving him a second glance, I focused on my witch. She was the youngest one, a perfect fit for my experience in fighting her kind. I'd endured several of her demographic at age 14-16 and can proudly state I mastered the art of battling her.

I slid my sword from my back as she began ripping strands of hair from her head, readying herself to perform a reality warp spell; the most dangerous kind.

How stupid.

Only witches aged 200 attempt such a spell.

I spun my sword in my hand and slammed it into her thigh, hating the way her scream brought me satisfaction. She doubled forward, blood seeping through her lips.

"I have your face in my head, girl," she croaked as the witch behind her screamed at the pressure of Luca's teeth on her neck, "Don't make me-"

I kneed her in the face, watching as she fell back.

Just as I was about to straddle my witches hips- ready to slam my dagger into her heart, a hand snatched me backwards by my hair and onto my bum. I cried out in pain as I my head slammed into the floor; vision blurring for the smallest of moments.

"Show me your face, wolf," The oldest witches face was an eyesore, "get that mask off!"

She grabbed my mask but I didn't give her the chance to remove it for I bit her wrinkly finger till I heard it crunch beneath my teeth. The taste of copper filled my mouth and bile made its way up my throat.

The bitch screamed like there was no tomorrow.

"Oh god of the outskirts I command you to-"

Shit.

Shit.

If she completed that sentence I would be hers.

I rose my arms, wrapped them around her neck and pulled her head downwards- effectively slamming it onto my own. It hurt. It hurt so bad but it worked. Her eyes watered and she fell beside me.

"You bitch," She wheezed, coughing out blood.

Not giving it a second thought I rose my dagger holding hand and slammed it into her chest, praying to the goddess that it made it to her heart.

I jumped to my feet, ignoring the torrent of dizziness that slammed into and went back to my young witch. She laid on the ground, body limp and eyes open; yet her heart was beating.

Grabbing her by the hair, I pulled upwards and punctured her neck with my dagger.

She would be mine.

She would give me answers,

And once she was done giving me answers.

I would feed her black heart to my monsters.

Once done, I threw her body onto Kate's leather couch and turned around to face a stunned Kate and a baffled Luca.

"What?" I croaked, shrugging aggressively.

Goddess was I dizzy.

"I don't know wether to be aroused or to be fearful," Luca gulped, armour clinging onto his sculpted body.

"I'd be both if I were you," Kate readjusted her coat as she spoke.

"Why were they so dull?" I asked, running a stressed hand through my hair, "Usually I have to pass some test or maze before fighting them,"

"My house is glamoured to stop all spells; except my own, from working," Kate poured hot chocolate into three large mugs, "if that was an un-glamoured fight, you would have either lost or won severely injured,"

"Why do you think I'm stressed, Kate?" I rubbed my erratic chest.

"Shhh," Luca pulled me to him by my waist, "I've an idea,"

"Do share," Kate walked over the witches dead body and placed the tray of hit chocolate filled mugs onto the coffee table.

"We puncture the necks of enough witches-"

"I don't like the idea," Kate interrupted, "my pride is suffering enough having my soul owned by an 18 year old Lycan,"

Heat rushed up my cheeks as I fell back onto the couch, right next to Luca.

"Just listen," He growled, Alpha complex rushing to the surface, "we do this to glamour Lycan's from witches spells. At least enough Lycan's,"

Kate stilled.

"It's not a bad idea," I added quietly.

She took a long sip of the searing drink, eyeing Luca and i with inexplicable emotion in her eyes before sighing, "To you,"

"What?" Luca furrowed his brows.

"It's not a bad idea to you," She tightened her grip on the glass in her hand, "to us witches, our pride and mystic freedom is on the line. Our art will be willfully controlled by you two, and that is not something that sounds like a good idea to us,"

My smile fell.

How inconsiderate of us.

My cheeks flushed as I turned to face Luca who seemed completely mundane- unaffected to what Kate had just said. What an Alpha, I scoffed before turning to face Kate who remained circling her ringed fingers

"Do to others what you want done to you," I said, exposing my wrist to Kate who's eyes widened, "right?"

"Leila-"

"We're putting your mystic freedom on the line, so why don't you put my own as well? A truce. It might even convince some witches to join our clan," I suggested.

"Clan?" Kate rose her brows.

"Clan, tribe- whatever you'd like to call it," I went to scoot closer to Kate but Luca wrapped an arm around me, setting me in place.

A warmth filled me; warmth that was accompanied by annoyance.

"Would you like to elaborate?" Luca asked through flared nostrils, "Or are you going to sell your soul to a witch while I watch blindfolded?"

My jaw slacked, "Luca, you biggot, I'm not selling my soul! I'm merely giving Kate the ability to control my wolf!"

"Same thing!"

"No! It's not the same thing!" I sighed in frustration, balling my hands into fists, "I- I don't shift into my wolf as much as you do. She's not much use to me. Though if I overstep any boundaries regarding Kate's magic, she can warn me using my wolf,"

Luca's lips parted, eyes widening, "When was the last time you shifted into your wolf?"

I gulped, "The day I brought the witch into the castle,"

"That's not too long ago," Kate said, sitting forward.

"Yes, but before that I hadn't shifted for 2 years,"

"Fuck," Luca ran a stressed hand down his face, "Leila that can't be. You're going to rot if you keep your wolf under your skin. Especially if you don't even speak to her,"

"What?" My eyes snapped to Luca's, "But- I don't understand,"

"Sweetheart, have you noticed yourself weakening throughout the years?" Luca's pulled me closer to him, frustrated, "have you noticed that you take longer to finish fights? That your muscles ache more? That you dizzy far more than you should?"

My cardiac rhythm accelerated, "Yes. But that could also be because I haven't been training as much I should be?"

He shook his head, "No, Leila. It's because you're silencing you're wolf. Your wolf is your source of strength. She's your core. Without her you're going to turn human- or worse, rogue."

I tensed and Luca noticed.

"There's no need to worry. There's wolves that survived 7 years under the skin. You just need to train," A grin made its way to his lips, "I'll do the job for you,"

That diminished all forms of stiffness from my body.

Training with Luca.

Just the thought of training with my male made my knees bounce and my heart flutter.

"So the effects are definitely reversible?" I asked, staring him in the eyes.

He sat there, eyes on my lips as he nodded. Immediately a blush made its way to my cheeks, forcing me to look away from his smug expression.

"So it's set?" Kate tried controlling her smile, "I own the soul of your wolf and you own the soul of my people,"

I nodded, raising the sleeve of my armour.

Kate grabbed a knife, slit both of our wrists and connected them - binding our souls together for eternity.

I prayed that it wouldn't be a decision I regretted in the near future, but it was the only way Kate would have full faith in Luca and I. In the end, the moon goddess functioned on Karma, and if Kate decided to wrong me, the moons wrath would find its way back to her.

The moon always found its way back to its children.

teehee.

vote and comment series.

byebye.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

1.9M 82.8K 55
Scars... Some are worn on the outside and read like a book, others are hidden on the inside, unseen but shape every fabric of our being. Alpha Chris...
74.1K 4.2K 63
Part Two to The Mallapers Series Leyla is considered a traitor to the Royal Family. She had betrayed the most sacred law of the land and interfered w...
Being Neighborly Від agurukar

Жіночі романи

643K 17.2K 53
What's worse than beginning your senior year in a new town? The reason for having to start over. After being relocated from her hometown of 17 years...
4.5K 173 33
'Just Silly Little Games, that's all this life is' Three worlds, heartbreak and a whole lot of sweet revenge. Leila, is a vampire slayer. It isn't gl...