Living for the fat girl [Book...

By ElleTheodore

Sequel to "Loving the fat girl". Completed. The change of leaving high school and entering college is not wha... More

Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40 (1)
Part 40 (2)
Epilogue

Part 1

76.8K 2.2K 794
By ElleTheodore

1. Seth

My bare feet dig into the hot sand as I push myself forward, the smell of salt and sun lotion tickling my nose. The ocean roars beside me, seagulls fly dangerously low over my head and my team is just barely behind me. The beach is filled with people of all ages. This is the absolute epitome of summer.

As I turn my head and take a deep breath, I spot a group of girls playing volleyball, dressed in barely anything. They shout at each other and their loud laughs ring in my ears. I shake my head, a small smirk pulling at the corners of my mouth.

"Smith! Head in the game!" Someone hollers from behind me and before I can turn to look at the person, he is beside me and with a few long strides, he takes the leading position from me. "Wouldn't want ya fallin', bro!"

There is no concern in Jackson's voice. Just pure mockery.

I shake my head again and fall back into the group, slowing down a little bit.

You're not captain any more, I think to myself, reminding myself.

As we reach the finish line most of the guys are red-faced and out of breath. Even my sides sting a little and I need to take a few deep breaths to calm myself down. Jackson, the team captain, calls us together and stands tall. He looks as calm and collected as always and not in the least bit tired.

What an asshole.

"Guys, I need you to know that this is no joke. We've been training for two months now. Summer is almost over! In less than twelve hours campus will fill up. The tracks will be occupied, the fields will be occupied and I need you to give this your all! I and the captains before me have built this legacy and now it's up to you, to keep this up! I will not be disappointed." His eyes seem to linger on me a few seconds too long and I can feel anger rising inside me.

"There will be absolutely no distractions! Especially for our scholarship brothers. No alcohol, no drugs, no parties", he pauses dramatically as the team objects loudly, "and no girls. Unless you're willing to share, of course. Now get out of my face!" Jackson shouts.

The group disperses quickly and I try to catch up to a few of the guys but they're already far ahead of me. I stop jogging and start treading through the sand until I can see the campus ahead of me.

I have been here, and by here I mean college, for the past two months. It was not what I had been expecting... at all. I expected some ratty old dorm-building and maybe a little soccer field. What I arrived to was something quite different. A huge campus, multiple soccer fields, tennis fields, tracks, two large gyms, two pools, a mini spa and a lake for water sports. The dorm-buildings are huge and pompous.

I left home early to start training as soon as I could. Admittedly it wasn't the easiest decision but I did what had to be done. I could not risk my scholarship and I knew that everything would start to fall together sooner than later. And there was a lot of catching up to do. These guys on my team are good. Really good.

When I reach my room, all I want to do is fall into bed and take a nap. Fortunately I don't have to share my room so that is exactly what I do. I strip out of my sweaty clothes and fall onto my bed. Automatically I reach out for my phone and push the home button, watching the screen light up. Two missed calls. Another click on the home button and the phone goes dark again.

"Not now." I grunt, roll onto my side and rub my hands over my face. My eyes are already fluttering shut and I give in to exhaustion.

**

I wake with a groan. Loud music seems to be playing right next to head, causing a throbbing headache.

"What the...?!" I mumble and it takes me a few seconds to realize that my phone is ringing non stop.

As I pick it up, I realize that it's dark outside.

How long have I been out?

A name flashes on the screen. Capital letters that make my heart jump and my head hurt. The phone goes silent for a few seconds and starts ringing again. Instead of answering the call, I catch a glimpse of the time.

6:25 am. Shit!

I jump out of bed before realizing that I'm completely naked and still haven't showered.

She'll kill me. I was supposed to pick her up from the airport two hours ago. This is bad. Really bad.

I feel as though I'm on auto-pilot as I hurry under the shower, scrubbing my body at lightning speed and almost burning my scalp under the hot water. Cursing, I pull out my suit case that I still haven't unpacked and pull out underwear, a t-shirt and shorts.

My phone starts ringing again as I grab my keys.

With aching calves I sprint out of my room and towards the elevator. I furiously push the down-button but the elevator doesn't seem to care about my situation. Frustrated I lean my head against the elevator doors. At exactly that moment, they open. I fall forward, stumbling, cursing.

The elevator takes its sweet time going down and my phone won't stop ringing.

"I'm coming, god damnit!"

Ding!

"Finally!" I run out of the elevator and into the lobby.

What I see in front of me has me stop dead in my tracks. My throat closes up and my hands ball into fists. I don't dare take another step but watch the scene unfold in front of me.

The lobby is pretty much empty and barely lit as it's still so early in the morning... But there she is. As promised. Arya is here. Her hair falls down her back in silky curls. Her dress seems to cling to her body perfectly as though it was made just for her. I just want to pull her close to me, breathe her in, run my hands through her hair. Her beautiful mouth forms a polite smile as the stranger approaches her. He is no stranger to me.

Jackson looks even taller next to her. He offers his hand and introduces himself. Polite as Arya is, she shakes his hand, nodding and smiling. As they start talking, I can almost see Arya's insecurities creeping up. She takes a little step away from him, creating space between them. I wish I could hear what they're saying!

Finally Arya starts looking around and she spots me. As her eyes meet mine, I start moving automatically, crossing the room in mere seconds. Walls, that I haven't realized were there, crumbled down as I wrap my arms around her, lifting her off the ground. She nuzzles her face in my neck and places a kiss on my skin. Shuddering, I run a hand up her back and bury my fingers in her hair. We stay like this for a second until I put her down on the ground and slightly pull her head back. She smiles brightly and I dip my head down, placing my lips on hers. Her arms wrap around my neck and she pulls me closer to her, our bodies colliding.

Jackson clears his throat besides us. What the hell is he even doing here?!

I pull away from Arya reluctantly but don't take my eyes off her.

"I'm sorry." I whisper. She shakes her head, leaning her face against my chest.

"Don't be. It's fine." Her voice sends chills down my spine and I need to take a deep breath to calm myself down. "I missed you." She breathes.

"I missed you, too." Once again she looks up at me and places a soft kiss on my lips.

"I love you, Seth."

Before I can say anything, Jackson interrupts.

"She's with you?" There's a strange humor in his voice. His stare is intense.

"You've got a problem with that?" I question, already fed up him. Arya pulls away, breaking the embrace but she holds onto my hand, intertwining our fingers.

"You remember what I talked about in training yesterday, brother?"

"You two know each other?" Arya inquires, letting go of my hand.

"I'm his captain." Jackson smirks at me before grinning down at Arya.

"Let's just go. Come on." I take her suit cases and start walking back towards the elevator. Turning my head for a second, I see her following me and Jackson standing there, watching us.

**

"This is nice", Arya drops down onto my bed, looking around, yawning.

I leave her suit cases by the door, knowing too well that I would have to carry them across campus to her room in a few hours. Shutting the door, I sigh. I should be concentrating on Arya and only Arya but for some reason I can't shake the feeling that something bad is going to happen. Jackson. He's a problem.

"It really is, huh?" I put on a smile for her and slowly make my way towards her.

When I reach her, I kneel down in front of her, putting my hands on her outer thighs, caressing her skin and slightly pushing her dress upwards. I lower my face and kiss right above her knee. She runs her fingers through my hair. "I really missed you", I whisper against her skin, making her shudder.

"I wish you would have answered my calls. Any of them..." She runs her fingernails over my shoulders, underneath my t-shirt.

I stand up and lower myself on top of her, making her lie back on my bed. I prop myself up slightly so I can look at her. Brushing a curl out of her face, I start kissing her temple, down her cheek and finally the corner of her mouth. "Forgive me." I whisper, begging.

"I'm trying." She closes her eyes and I place a kiss on each eyelid.

"I'm sorry, baby." I wrap one arm around her waist, she arches her back. "I'm sorry." The other hand is in her hair.

Arya moans quietly when I rest my open mouth on hers, just feeling her lips against mine. "I love you."

She opens her eyes, the golden brown melting my self-control completely and I push my body down on hers and bite down on her lower lip. I wanted her. Needed her.

At first she doesn't object and intensifies the kiss but when I push her dress up farther, almost revealing her panties, she puts her hands on my chest, pushing me away. I'm breathing heavily, blood pumping through my veins. Every single cell is on alert.

She shakes her head. "I can't."

I know, I think but don't say anything.

"I'm sorry."

Shaking my head, I collapse next to her and take her into my arms. She buries her head into my chest and wraps her arms around me. I'm wide awake as she drifts off into sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.2K 1.4K 40
#1 highschoolromance ~ 3 a modern-day Cinderella story like no other! Alexis Coleman is your typical nerd, with glasses and turtleneck sweaters hidin...
2K 13 21
Read as two teens that are meant for each other fall in love slowly but only as she gets voted as cheer captain... But it doesn't stop there after t...
4.4M 164K 35
Completed. Arya struggles with her past, her present and her weight. When she enrolls in her new school she doesn't know that her life is about to ge...
17.5K 1.4K 30
Sequel to 'Fitness VS Curves'. Yes you will need to read the first book before this one. :):) It has been almost 9 years now since everything went d...