Nevermind (Jay I-Land ff)

By seoulfeels

"I'm fine! Because that's what you wanted to hear." Collab with @Shachie1322 🥰 ... Date Started: July 31, 20... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Comparison
Chapter 2 - Nightmare
Chapter 3 - Left Behind
Chapter 4 - Try Again
Chapter 5 - Team
Chapter 6 - Marks
Chapter 7 - Pure Blood
Chapter 8 - Accident
Chapter 9 - Monster
Chapter 10 - Lost
Chapter 11 - Note
Chapter 12 - Nameplate
Chapter 13 - Fire
Chapter 14 - Poison
Chapter 15 - Fresh Wounds
Chapter 16 - Birthday
Chapter 17 - L.J
Chapter 18 - Escape
Chapter 19 - Claw Machine
Chapter 20 - Drowning
Chapter 21 - Happy
Chapter 22 - Abandoned
Chapter 23 - Apology
Chapter 24 - Alarm
Chapter 25 - Bullet
Chapter 26 - Twins
Chapter 27 - The Cursed Child
Chapter 28 - Rest
Chapter 30 - Pyromaniac
Chapter 31 - Not Okay
Chapter 32 - Ice Prince
Chapter 33 - Escape
Chapter 34 - Russian Roulette
Chapter 35 - Try
Chapter 36 - How to Save A Life
Chapter 37 - Take The Fall
Chapter 38 - You Shine
Chapter 39 - Living A Lie
Chapter 40 - One Of Them
Chapter 41 - Fall Easily
Bonus Chapter 1 - Yves
Chapter 42 - Trauma
Chapter 43 - Chances
Chapter 44 - Lost
Chapter 45 - Ring On My Ear
Chapter 46 - Successor
Chapter 47 - A Family
Chapter 48 - Missing
Not an update
Chapter 49 - Shoot Me

Chapter 29 - Confession

521 65 134
By seoulfeels

(Flashback)

Kaeun was so stressed at taking care of baby Heeseung. She's basically stuck inside the house with no friends to talk to. The baby wakes up every three hours and always cries. She's never taken care of anything in her life before, except herself.

In her opinion, she can be a mother, but not with this thing in her lap right now. This is basically a baby monster. A monster's spawn.

She just wanted to tear his face off because no matter how small it it, it looks like his father. She regrets not aborting it. Sangman was right when he asked her to just abort it. Stupid Baekho who reassured her to pay for the hospital bills. She was tempted with the money, but didn't think hard enough. Baekho did pay for the expensive hospital bills, but there's no way she could just cash out that money.

Stupid girl.

Though it was a great benefit. Baekho also buys the baby some clothes. Euijin give the kid monthly allowance. Namjoon has already bought an insurance for the baby to secure his college. He thinks education is the most important of all.

But still, it's not enough. Only Euijin is giving her cash, and it's only enough for the baby's milk, diaper, lotion, bath soap, and anti fungal cream. She even stopped buying bath soap and lotion and just washes the baby with ordinary soap and don't put lotion in him. He's a baby after all, he'd be fine. All because Euijin's such a frugal business man.

Kaeun left it on his crib and went to inquire on the orphanage where Lee Joon grew up in. The benefits are good, but not enough. She is not planning to be a slave for this baby all her life. Itćs unfair. He was a parasite inside her for 9 months, now he's being an additiona chore. Maybe leaving Heeseung here would be best for her. She has to make a choice for herself because she's worried about her mental health right now. She's already having a hard time dealing with how the baby deformed her used to be perfect body, now it's taking over her life.

It's not supposed to be that way.

Aren't babies supposed to just sleep all the time?

Why is Heeseung crying all the time?

Maybe something's wrong with him.

It's a living pain in the ass.

"Good Morning Ma'am." A nun attended her on the front desk at the information.

"Good morning, I was just wondering, can I just leave my baby here?" She asked so casually thatt the nun was shocked at her question. Mostly, these people who don't have any love left for their babies just leave it here without a word, but at least this one asked what to do.

"I'm so sorry to hear that, why did you want to leave him here?" The nun asked.

"Well, I need my freedom back." She said. The nun was waiting for her to laugh, because it's so ridiculous, it should be a joke. It has to be some joke.

But Kaeun didn't laugh at all.

"Window 1." The nun passed her on. She couldn't deal with Kaeun's nonsense anymore.

"Oh no, I'll bring him next time." She said and left just like that. She's not planning to just waste her time at an orphanage, she wanted to chill and party today. Lee Heeseung will live. It's just a day. It's not like she'd be gone for seven days or so.

First place she went to is Bambam's restaurant. It's pretty famous lately. She can still remember this kid in elementary school when she's on her senior year. It's so funny how time went by so fast. Now he has a successful business.

"Kaeun noona!" He greeted. Cool, he remembers.

"How's the baby?" He asked as he served her some lemon water. So that's what he's dying to know, the reason he greeted her.

"He cries a lot." Kaeun muttered, annoyed.

"Oh." Bambam placed the menu on the table. "We I have gift cards here and I didn't want to hand you money because that would be insulting, so here you go. Buy him some toy cars or something." He handed some gift cards 10,000 worth of spend on a nearby mall.

Does he have these as spare or did he really bought gift cards for Heeseung?

"Money's not offensive actually. The kid has a weak  body. He always gets sick, so moneys not a bad idea." She lied. Heeseung's a healthy baby.

"Really?" Mark Tuan overheard. Now this is her rich classmate. The prom king, the campus crush. Who would forget Mark Tuan?

"Well, here you go. For now I'll give cash, but I'll ask my mother about this certain vitamins that he used to give me and my brothers as children. Maybe it can help boost his immune system." He handed Kaeun a thick cash.

Wow!

Heeseung's popular.

She's now having second thoughts on giving him up at the orphanage.

She received the money humbly with both hands. "Thank you guys, I hope God bless you both. This will definitely help Heeseung." She thanked them.

"Anything we can do. I mean, Lee Joon's been a good friend in high school despite all the things he did later on." Mark Tuan told Kaeun.

Kaeun even got a free meal and a good deal. Bambam promised her that if she ever has nothing to eat, she can just drop by.

As soon as Kaeun went got in the mall, she used Bambam's gift cards for some new dresses and bags. She's not going to spend the money that Mark Tuan gave her today as well.

While walking around, he saw a really expensive watch. It would look good on Sangman. Her money's not enough though.

She went home and saw her neighbors gathered up in her door. They've been knocking on her door because of the baby crying loudly. Either they're annoyed or concerned. They were shocked to see Kaeun holding a bunch paper bag of designer brands. It looks like she went shopping.

"Kaeun, were you out all this time?" Raina – a neighbor asked. All of them eyeing her and her shopping bags.

"Yes, now out of the way." She said as she opened her door to a really noisy crying baby. She threw a pillow on his face, dropped the shopping bags then pressed the pillow to the baby's face to muffle the noises.

She just wanted to suffocate him like this and throw him on a river somewhere. But then again, there are people who are willing to give him money, so Kaeun can't just get rid of him that easily.

She carried him, made milk and fed him. This baby might not make her rich, but she didn't have to work a job that pays minimum wage just to go shopping.

"Did she just leave her son for 8 hours just to shop?" She heard whispers outside her door.

"Well if my son's father is a criminal, it never would've existed. Stupid girl for falling for a handsome man without considering his abilities to murder someone."

"All the red flags were there, but she's so naive."

"What if the kid grows up to be a psycho? It won't be her problem, it'll be ours. We'll be in danger."

"She never should've given birth to it."

Kaeun frowned and glanced at Heeseung who has fallen asleep after crying for so long. This kid is a fucking curse, but she wanted to get more money using him.

(End of Flashback)

...

Jay dropped off Sunghoon at the ice rink for practice, then proceeds to the kindergarten where Lee Joon used to visit him, near Jungwon's house. He seems to recall his memories when he see the things that involves that memory. It's like the trigger that he needs to regain back the memory of a certain event.

He walked towards the entrance, but it appears to be locked. Kindergarten don't have afternoon classes after all. He stood there and looked around waiting for at least one object that looks familiar.

There's none.

It's been years so it's only normal that there's been changes. Jay made his way towards the old playground where it's near the convenient store where Maria works at. He recalls this place as well. This is where he in Jungwon would play in the afternoon.

But is there a significant memory he can recall at this place.

He sat on a swing and just stayed there, looking around like a troubled person. He was silent, seeing himself at the jungle gym as a child, holding a book unlike other children.

Yeji was walking home from the market. She's going to cook for Hyunjin and his friends tonight. It's the first night of Christmas vacation. They wanted to celebrate. They're even planning to decorate a huge Christmas tree to celebrate.

While walking happily, she saw Jay on the playground, alone, just like when they were kids. This time he's not holding s book. He's just there spacing out.

What's gotten into him?

She sat at the swing beside him, wondering why Jay didn't notice her approaching and even now. He must be so deep in his thoughts to know what's happening in reality.

She stood up and stood behind him so she can frighten him. It would be hilarious. Slowly she started to move forward, aiming to push him.

"How have you been?" He asked, catching Yeji off guard.

"I-I ummm.....I'm doing well." She went back to the swing beside Jay pretending like she didn't try to frighten him. He started fidgeting on the paper bag she's holding that's filled with vegetables. She's nervous, she's with Jay at the first place where they first met.

Since they're here where it all started, Yeji was desperate to finally confess to Jay. She wanted him to know how much she really cares for him. How long he waited for him till he comes back.

They're now all alone.

"Jay." She started.

Jungwon was watering the plants and saw the two on the playground. He smiled and thought about the past. It seems as if nothing has changed.

Him at the terrace to water the potted sunflowers, waiting for his playmates. It's how it used to be before everything changed back when Jay left.

Yeji rarely went to the playground, and when she did, she already had new friends.

Jungwon stopped watering the plants and decided to join the two. He thought of sneaking behind them, so they would flip out. That would be priceless.

"I have something to say." Yeji told Jay.

Jay darted his head on her, snapping back to reality. It was just like the old times, when Yeji first saw him alone. She sat on the swing beside him and started asking him for his name and what he's reading.

It used to be so peaceful. How he wanted to go back to the past and change everything. He would enjoy hi childhood more and play around like a normal kid. He would sleep over on Jungwon's and play all night and dont sleep.

If only he knew that growing up would be this stressful, confusing and difficult, he would've enjoyed his childhood.

He never would've cared about anything. Because a normal child is amazed by everything but cares about nothing. It should've been that way.

"I like you." He was caught off guard when Yeji spoke again. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "I like you a lot. I like you since we're young." She muttered.

Jungwon heard the whole confession and just hid behind the bush. He didn't want to interrupt what Yeji was about to say, but deep inside he was so hurt. Hearing the girl he likes confess to his bestfriend.

Not like he didn't saw it coming. Ever since they were children, Yeji always gave Jay extra attention. When Jay's sweet towards her she would often misunderstood that he likes him back and just as much.

When Jay's not around, she never smiles no matter how good Jungwon's jokes are but whenever he's around she's always happy.

"Sorry." Jay muttered, his eyes looked sad and hurt. He didn't want to give Yeji false hope even though he knew she'd get crushed once he rejects her. There is simply no way out of this. "I like someone else." Jay told her.

He didn't have to spell it out who he's talking about. There's only one other girl that fits this equation and it's Lia, and knowing that is more hurtful to Yeji. She waited all these years for Jay to get back. She waited years to confess her feeling to him. She never like any guy before.

She never cared for any other guy like this.

She can't give this up just like this. She won't. That can't happen.

She can't hive up on Jay this easily.

Yeji stood from the swing, standing in front of Jay. She looks broken. Jay desperately wanted to give him a hug. He wanted to comfort her, but how if it was him who caused her to break.

He just wanted to be honest because everyone around him has been lying to him, and he knows how it feels to be lied to. It felt awful.

"But you saved me from those guys. You told Jungwon to take good care of me before you left. Before you met Lia! You liked me before her. It was supposed to be me. If you hadn't moved to the States, it would still be me you like. I was first." She said on top of her lungs as her tears rolled down her cheeks.

Jungwon wanted to run up to her and just hold her tightly. He wanted to protect her from anything that could hurt her, but he didn't want her to believe in these lies she's feeding herself anymore.

Yeji has to know the truth.

"Yeji, I like you as a friend. Only as a friend." Jay stood up but he couldn't make himself hold her. If he does, she might have false hope again. Jay didn't want that because he couldn't take responsibility of that.

"No! You're lying! Liar!" She started sobbing.

Jay walked past her without any words. It's better to hurt her now than to lead her on for life. "There was someone who actually saved you that night." He said as he stopped his tracks. "I bet he took good care of you while I was gone. He always did. The way you feels about me all this time, he felt like that towards you." He said and left her there.

She couldn't make herself chase him. She's broken. She couldn't move or even speak. The feelings she's been holding on for 10 years was nothing but a waste of time.

When Jay was gone, Jungwon went up to Yeji and pulled her in a hug. Yeji cried louder. Grabbing on to Jungwon. "I waited for him. I waited for a long time. I never like anyone and waited for him to come back." She cried. Each breaths were painful.

"Loving someone hurts huh? Especially if it's not you they like." He muttered.

Yeji though he was making fun of her for being rejected, so she pushed him using force. "You have to fucking idea what I feel! You don't know what it's like." She said and grabbed her paper bag of Vegetables, running to cross the street.

But of course if there's someone who knows how it feels like to love without being reciprocated, it's Jungwon.

He always liked Yeji and yet she only gave attention to Jay. Jungwon was never even an option. Even when Jay moved away, he still weigh more in Yeji's heart rather than Jungwon.

Jungwon was watching her walk away, when he spotted a delivery truck on full speed towards Yeji's direction. She seems to have been wiping her tears and didn't notice it because she still keeps on walking across the street. He ran as fast as he could and pulled her. From the highway.

Yeji spotted the truck and dropped her vegetables as Jungwon pulled her to the side walk, the vegetables being ran over by the truck.

"Fuck you!" Jungwon yelled at the reckless driver who almost hit Yeji. He's fuming anger and nervous as well. He thought he won't be quick enough to save her.

Yeji was still flustered and couldn't speak. Jungwon then faced her with a frown. "Are you trying to kill me?" He asked angrily. "You scared me to death. Can't you look both sides before crossing? I though I'd be late to save you with that one." He hissed at Yeji.

It was just now that Yeji realized that Jungwon's always been there for her. She was so focused on Jay that she never really paid that much attention on him.

Jungwon scanned him if he was hurt then tucked her hair behind her ears to meet her eyes. "You alright?" He asked.

Yeji nodded her head as an answer.

"We can just buy new vegetables. Tell me if you're still shaken up, you can stay on the swing while I buy them." Jungwon told her.

"No, don't leave. I'd be more scared if I'm left alone." She said and continued crying.

Jungwon pulled her in a hug again. "It's ok, I'm here. I'm always here for you." He said. Since Yeji has gathered the courage to confess to Jay, he thought maybe it's about time he confess to her as well. After they bought vegetables, Jungwon walked Yeji to their house.

The two of them were awkward at each other and didn't know how they'd say goodbye.

"Don't do what you did earlier. Check both sides when you cross the street." Jungwon looked away so he wouldn't have to make an eye contact.

"Thanks for earlier." She looked upon the ground to avoid eye contact as well. Even though Jungwon didn't look into her eyes his body couldn't help but rise his heart rate and feel hot in his face.

His been ignoring and delaying this feeling for a such a long time that he felt like he would die if he ignores it this time. He had so many chances to confess and yet, he's never done it before. All those years that Jay's away, he passed up all the chances he has to confess and it's driving him crazy.

"Yeji, I like you since we were young." He finally said it. Yeji didn't expect him to finally confess, the same day she got rejected by Jay. This day is already overwhelming as it is. "Just give me a chance, one shot to show you how much I really care." Jungwon now faced Yeji, she's already staring at him, looking flustered. Who wouldn't be.

She just confessed to her childhood crush, now her childhood friend is confessing to her. What are the odds?

"I'll think about." She answered. She couldn't possibly make the decision tonight. She's still overwhelmed by her confession earlier that got rejected.

There was awkward silence between them once more.

"Yeji! You're here all along?" Hyunjin came out of the door, interrupting the two. He eyed Jungwon who bowed to greet him. He glanced at his sister, giving her a funny look. An annoying one. The one that brothers give their sister when they want to tease them.

Yeji just wanted to slap him with spring onions to make him go away. Instead, she pressed her lips together on a thin line and glanced at Jungwon. "Thank you again for today Jungwon. Excuse me while I take care of this animal." She said as she pushed Hyunjin inside the house.

"Yang Jungwon? You're dating Yang Jungwon? He's a fucking legend! Rumors say he dances in his sleep."

"If you don't stop now you'd be dancing in your sleep too. I'll out fire ants in your bed!" Yeji warned her brother.

Jungwon heard Hyunjin tease Lia. He smiled and just walked home. He held his chest, feeling his rapid heartbeat. He has finally connessed to Yeji.

...

Jay went home and went straight to his father's study to look for a good book. Perhaps a book would put his mind at ease. He saw an old one of Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventure in Wonderland, this has always been so distracting for him. Every paragraph you keep on analyzing what he meant by it when he wrote it. Now that requires a good focus.

Maybe it'll get him off of the things he's thinking about.

He sat on the chair and opened the book, reading quietly. Halfway there he heard his parents talking. More secrets?

"Sunghoon's not improving. His coach called and his landings are shaky. Not precise, not graceful. He said it would be best to sit and talk this out with him. He said maybe Sunghoon might be having second thoughts about pursuing figure skating as his career path." Sungyeon spoke.

"Was it because he has training everyday? Was he tired of the routine? I mean, a job is a routine. No matter what he chooses, it'll tie him up to that job anyways." Jae told Sungyeon.

"I just want Sunghoon to be happy. I thought shaping him up to be an excellent figure skated would give him the confidence and he can finally be happy." She told her husband.

"Maybe he's just tired. After the competition, we enjoy the Christmas vacation on a mall and shop till his heart desires and it'll be alright. Maybe buy him some clothes, buy him new skates to make him feel excited to be on ice again. Or maybe we should buy him a car as well? A new watch? A desktop?"

Sungyeon glared at Jae. "Buy this buy that! That's your solution?" She yelled at him. "Do you have any idea how to be a father? Don't you get it? He's unhappy!" Sungyeon whimpered.

"How can he be unhappy? I got him everything he could possibly want! Should I buy a whole ice rink for him?" He yelled back at Sungyeon.

"You still don't get it Euijae! We fucked up as parents, always using money when our kids are going crazy. Last night was fun. That's how a family function. I bet it's Jay's idea." She tried to hint her husband that what they needed was a family time, but things like this would never cross the mind of Jae Park. He never once had that with his family.

How can you possibly know something that you've never experienced before?

"We ask Jay what to do then." He told his wife. "To be honest, I don't know anymore what's happening. I never once though that being a father is more than bringing food to he table." He chuckled to himself. "When I first held Sunghoon, I was so happy. I told myself I would never raise him how my father had raised me. I would never lay a hand on him. No one will ever hurt him. He'd have all my attention. I'll teach him advance lessons so he'd be brilliant, unlike me." He sighed, recalling how Sunghoon always looked at him.

He always looked scared and unhappy.

"What did I do wrong? I didn't hurt him, ever like how my father used to discipline me. I let him do what his good at and gave my full support. What am I lacking?" He asked his wife.

"I don't know. I bet I don't have it as well. Maybe I don't have what it takes to be a mother." She sadly told her husband.

Jay slid the book back to the shelf. He's not in the mood to read anymore. He felt like he's going crazy again.

So he snuck out and went straight to Sunghoon's academy, waiting for him hiding inside the building, pretending to be inquiring.

"If you happen to give us your school marks, we make a program just for you." The patient woman at the front desk patiently tried to explain everything to Jay.

"What are you doing here?" Seon almost laughed to see Jay inquiring when Christmas vacation is coming. Didn't he want to rest? But then again, this is Jay Park. He wouldn't be here for his studies.

He's here for trouble for sure.

Seon looked around and spotted Sunghoon. Now he knows what's up. "Are you going to kidnap your twin?" He asked.

Jay didn't respond with words, he just smiled at him, then dragged Sunghoon out. The girls waiting for him at the entrance giggled as the took photos.

It was crowded that Jay had to push past them, offending the rest of them.

"Rude!"

They all despised him. That doesn't matter to him.  He dragged Sunghoon towards the parking lot and forced him inside his car. Sunghoon's smiling because he knew what Jay is trying to do. Just like when they were younger, he's rescuing him.

"They're so wrong when they bought you a car." Sunghoon chuckled.

"Let's enjoy this before they realize that." Jay chuckled with him as well.

...

Heeseung took the lighter and placed it in his pocket secretly. It's stealing, but his hands are itching to do so.

"Well, have fun burning the place down. We're going to play video games." Kei told Jessica, taking Heeseung to his room. "We need to go to Chamber 5 tonight. Christmas vacation is driving me crazy. I see him everywhere. I see Minsung in everybody." Kei said as he opened his closet to look for a good outfit.

"Jessica told me you confront all of his ex boyfriend's to back off." Heeseung changed the topic.

"Hell yes I did." Kei proudly said, checking the outfit he picked on his full body mirror.

"Who does this lighter belong to?" Heeseung raised the lighter.

Kei put his clothes back on the closet and took the lighter to ignite it. "I never met him." He told Heeseung. "Jessica said he was the last damaged man she thought she can fix. She met him at a hill, an accident prone area. Jessica was supposed to end her life then, when she met the man. They went out for a while, but he has PTSD or something. He couldn't sleep. He feels like someone's after him. Every loud noises, even if it's just a box falling, or a balloon popping, he thought it was a gun. He broke up with her and broke her heart. Then she just went for those who hang out on parties, those fucking assholes are the ones I scared away." Kei told Heeseung.

Interesting.

"Why?" Kei asked.

"Nothing, I just want to get changed and go to Chamber 5." He lied. He wanted to avoid the topic.

"That's what I was saying." Kei took his outfit again, then threw went to Niki's room to get a better shirt for Heeseung. He was going thought the closet when he saw Minsung's uniform neatly folded. He couldn't forget that day when he was informed that Minsung's gone.

It didn't feel real to him.

He took a nice black shirt that would fit Heeseung well and threw it to him. Across the hallway to his room.

"That day I tried calling him you know, but nobody's answering my calls. The phone is ringing. He might've left it at home." Kei told Heeseung.

"The odd thing when the news was relayed was, Niki seemed to be more affected than me. He was shaking his head drastically, he couldn't stop crying. He ate less, sometimes he didn't eat at all. Even if he's not at the unsafe building he would still go missing. Taki told me he would cry randomly and say he could've stopped it. That it was him who last saw Minsung." Kei told Heeseung. He always brags about his brother, but this time it wasn't like that.

"There's nothing that could've stopped him." Heeseung told Kei. "I just hope he didn't saw him jump." He added.

"He would've reported it right away if he did." Kei concluded since Niki's not an ignorant kid. The news shocked him, so he's sure that his little brother didn't see it happen.

"I though I was the last one to see him. We played basketball that afternoon." Heeseung told Kei. "His last words to was, 'you have to stop drinking the poinson, bro.' then we parted. I went home trying to figure out what he's trying to tell me." He said with a smirk. "I wish I should've done it differently. I go to that basketball court every once in a while and think about the things I could've done to make him stay." His voice broke on the last word as his tears escaped his eyes.

Kei sat beside him and recalled his last moment with Minsung. "Niki and I were at the arcade competing who could get a high score at the shooting game. He thought it would be funny to beat us both. He was so happy. He bragged that he's cooler than any of us. Then he massaged my cheeks and forehead. He said I often get misunderstood because when I'm tense, I look angry. I don't know if that should help." He laughed it out even though his tears are coming.

"I hate him for not telling us what's bothering him. He always listen to all of us and provide solution if he can, but why didn't he say what's wrong?" Kei complained.

Of course Heeseung can relate. If it's because of Yuri, he can totally understand. It's embarrassing.

It's something you can't just tell anyone.

"Wait, you keep visiting the last place you saw him. What if Niki keeps visiting the last place he saw Minsung as well. That's why he keeps disappearing at night." Kei concluded.

"You don't think he's also planning to jump." Heeseung asked which made Kei stand up and grab his keys. "He can't. He can't be. Not my little brother." He shook his head.

The two of them drove towards the bridge in a rush and searched there. They keep on running around and around but there was no sign of him anywhere. Kei now started to call him.

Niki answered right away.

"Hyung?" He spoke.

"Where are you?" Kei demands while Heeseung nervously sated at Kei.

"Why?"

"Tell me where you are!" Kei demands.

"What happened?"

"Just fucking tell me where you are right now!" He yelled, frightening Niki at how furious he was.

Heeseung snatched Kei's phone when he realized the kid won't tell him where he is if he's being scary. "Hello Niki, it's Heeseung. Come by at Chamber 5 tonight." He said calmly.

Kei took a deep breath. "Please, just don't leave my side." Kei begged.

"I'll be there." Niki muttered and hung up.

"He said he'll be there." Heeseung gave back Kei's phone.

The two of them turned and noticed two men in suits just hanging across them, making them paused. "Do they think they're unnoticeable?" Heeseung asked.

"Maybe work is stressful and they just want to chill." Kei said even though he knew for a fact that no one comes here to just chill.

"They look like trouble to me." Heeseung muttered.

The two of them went to their motorcycles and drove to Chamber 5. Once they got there, hey spotted Jay and Sunghoon right away. "Let's join them." Heeseung told him but Kei shook his head. "Sunghoon and I are still not ok." He told Heeseung.

...

(Flashback)

Sunghoon skipped academy again today, but this time, he couldn't find Jake anywhere that he just followed Heeseung and Kei all afternoon.

"If only Seon can get out of his father's hold right now, it'll be better." Kei complained for the thousandth time, while playing at arcade with Heeseung, Sunghoon's beside them watching.

Kei glanced at Sunghoon and stood up. "Sorry, did you want to play?" He asked offering his seat to Sunghoon. The younger man happily sat beside Heeseung and played like a little child who gets to play on the weekend, after studying.

He's been like this for days. Following them around or tagging along with Jake to follow them around. Heeseung likes Jake a lot, so the four of them have been hanging out for days.

Based on Kei's observation, the kid is sneaking out and looking for things to do to keep him out of the house. Kinda like what Seon would do. Something must be happening in their house.

Sunghoon's not hard to like. He knows how to get along with people, and thought he's tall, he acts like a child a lot which reminds him of his brothers. Though Niki would often act tough and independent. It's cute when he's trying to show that he can handle himself, it's just that Kei didn't want that little kitten to explore and get far away from him. He's afraid that Niki would get hurt in the end.

"So, what's up? Where's Jake?" Kei started the conversation, though the two are getting heated up at the game.

"He's not really replying to my texts." He responded then covered Heeseung's eyes to get an advantage.

"You little cheater!" Heeseung said as he tried to press the buttons harder while Sunghoon's still covering his eyes as of that'll save him.

The staffs saw what he was doing and they were asked to leave, and the three of them were promised to be banned for a week. They can't play or even enter the arcade, but only for a week because they're like the only customers here, the others are just girls pretending to play but in reality, they're taking stolen photos of the guys.

"Cool, that was so fun. I've never been banned from a place before. That was amazing. I feel like a rebel." Sunghoon cheered, making Heeseung and Kei stare at each other with a restricted smile. That's not even the extent of what they can do

"Wanna learn how to ride a motorcycle?" Heeseung asked. He felt like Sunghoon's rebel coach today. The kids nodded in excitement.

"Maybe we shouldn't." Kei told Heeseung. If Heeseung would teach Niki to ride a motorcycle, he'd be pissed.

"Oh please! Please!" Sunghoon pleaded. Kei saw the younger him in Sunghoon. Hungry for danger, desperate to break the rules, desperate to take over his own life, rushing to grow up.

He must be broken then.

"Just ride with only 40 km/h, preferably on a straight and flat road." Kei told them, but Sunghoon grabbed Heeseung's helmet without letting him finish his statement.

Heeseung taught him the basics and then just let him ride.

"Woooohoooo!" Sunghoon screamed. It's the scream of freedom. He felt so free. It was different from riding the back of Jake's motorcycle. The sound of the wind hitting his helmet was louder and stronger.

He felt like the wind is greeting him. Whispering to him.

He felt a live and existing.

He felt happy.

"Dude, if that kid gets hurt, we have two rich fathers despising us." Kei told Heeseung, but he just shrugged, stealing Kei's keys. "And if he does not get hurt, we'll get to help him distract himself from his misery." He said and started the engine og Kei's motorcycle.

Kei had no other choice but to hop on and let Heeseung drive.

They tried to follow Sunghoon. He's driving like a total psycho. He keeps screaming and overtaking other vehicles.

"We'll get reported." Kei said in defeat while Heeseung just chuckles.

Heeseung asked Sunghoon to follow him and led him to Hitman Bang. If Sunghoon enjoyed driving, he'll definitely enjoy target shooting.

Sunghoon didn't struggle with the break and parked perfectly. He's so happy. What he didn't know is that, his father already sent men to look for him when the academy reported that he has missed five days of class, and he just got spotted while driving. He has drawn attention to himself while shouting.

His father is now on his way here.

"Heeseung, it's your day off." His workmate, Kang Yeosang told him in case he has forgotten. "No hyung, I came here with friends." He responds.

"Cool. Let me assist you and your friends then."  He said and grabbed some gloves, goggles and some ear muffs foe the three of them.

"Teach Kei, I'll teach Sunghoon." Heeseung told his workmate then attended to Sunghoon, teaching him how to hold a gun. Sunghoon was so excited. To him it was like arcade, except he gets to hold a real gun.

His first shot was not bad, but not great as well. A few more tries and he's getting closer and closer to the target.

"Focus. Just focus. Clear your mind." Heeseung whispered to him. He finally shot perfectly at the center of the silhouette target.

Heeseung then smirked, proud of how fast Sunghoon learned. It did take them at least 40 minutes but that's absolutely not bad for a newbie.

One more then five more, Sunghoon was a natural. Someone took his earmuffs off before he pulled the trigger and heard the gunshot. He froze.

It was a familiar sound. He remembers smelling pine tress and wet soil and a man who always stood by a window, holding a what seems to be a riffle. He would hear the same loud noise coming from it.

"Park Sunghoon! What are you doing here?" Jae spun his son angrily. Looking at him with a look of dissatisfaction. His son is holding a gun. He's been skipping his classes on his expensive academy doing these sorts of things.

Is he now just another delinquent in this town?

"I'm so sorry father, for skipping academy, sneaking out and for keeping it from you." The kid was specific about all the wrong things he has committed. Kei admired him for that. He would never reveal to Jessica everything he did in his day he would only admit to what she discovered that he did.

The kid meant the apology. He's not such a rebel after all. He's just a little kid who had the chance to escape his life and made the most out of its thinking that it's his last.

Poor guy.

His life is a prison.

"Sorry? Sorry? Os that all you can say? Can you see yourself right now? You're risking your life! You're hiding things from me and your mother! Don't you feel sorry for your dear mother? This would break her heart! She won't take it if you went missing!" He yelled at Sunghoon, recalling those months he's been missing. The sleepless nights that Sungyeon spent crying because they didn't know where he was and if he's still alive or not.

"I'm sorry, father." He lowered his head, regretting his decision.

People are already looking at them. Heeseung didn't want Sunghoon to be humiliated. He needs to act fast. "Sir, we can continue this at the locker room." He said but he was shocked that he got slapped by Sunghoon's father.

"You're the mastermind of this?" He asked. "You disgust me! How could you let my son hold a gun, let alone teach him to use one! You filthy gangster just stained my son's innosence." He accused Heeseung. He didn't mind the slap, Sangman slaps him stronger than this. This is nothing.

Seeing Heeseung get slapped made Kei furious, but he tried to control his anger. He's still on probation. Punching such an influencial man would get him into trouble.

"Sorry hyung." Sunghoon apologized. "It's my fault father. I followed them around." He explains and earned himself a slap as well.

People are now whispering.

"I've kept you safe! I made sure no one touches you! But you just wanted to make a bad guy out of me. I have given you everything. Why are you rebelling? You have no rights to do this to me, Park Sunghoon. You have no idea what types of measures I had to take just to make sure you're safe!" He yelled at his son. It has to be the first time he slapped him, and it shows, because Sunghoon is now shaking. His knees weakened, that he fell on the floor, having a panic attack.

"Get up! Get up when I'm talking bro you!" Kae demanded.

Kei stood in between them. "Enough of this!" He yelled. "Safe? Is caging him called safety? You're treating him like a zoo animal. A dolphin at a water park. You put him on display for show and let the people clap as he do some tricks then cage him back to your house! That is not good parenting, is it?" He asked and he too earned a slap.

"You have no idea what you're talking about." Jae told the tall kid and grabbed Sunghoon's hand, dragging him to his car as he gasps for air, holding his neck as if he could open his airways like that.

"How could you criticize out parenting abilities to your friends." He told his son and drove him home. Sunghoon eventually calmed down. He replied on Heeseung, but didn't reply on Kei'a messages.

He was mad at him at the time for what he said. Not because it was false, but he was so accurate that Jae was offended by it.

Sunghoon never told anyone about how he felt because he didn't want to spread dirt on his parents. It made him irritated how Kei knew how he felt when they're not even that close.

(End of Flashback)

..

"Sunghoon doesn't hold grudges. I bet he's just waiting for the right time as well." Heeseung told his friend.

"No! I don't want to upset him. I really went out of the line that time. If I were him, I'd forget we're friends as well." He muttered.

"Can you please stop overthinking? Life is too short." Heeseung grabbed his hand and dragged him towards Sunghoon and Jay who are at a huge crowd, watching Nicholas owning the dance floor.

"He's crazy!" Jay cheered.

"He might not leave anything for us later. If this is the standard, I'm trash." He jokes.

He then caught a glance at Kei. He's beyond 6 feet, it's hard not to spot him even at this huge crowd. He can still remember the time this hyung yelled at his father, defending him. The three of them got slapped. It was embarrassing.

It would've been better if it was only him who got slapped, but his father also slapped Kei and Heeseung. It was so embarrassing. Though he admits, he did feel hurt when Kei yelled at his father.

"Hyung, I'm sorry about the last time, about my father." He embarrassingly brought up.

Kei gave an awkward smile. "Nahh! It's my fault. I shouldn't have disrespected him. I was out of lines. I mean who am I to give him pointers on how to be a father?" He bit his lips. Kinda relieved that Sunghoon's not mad at him anymore.

The two of them had a bro hug as Jay and Heeseung stood beside them with a smile on their faces.

A little later while watching the two catch up, the dance floor became noisy once again. Niki has taken over. He's there, dancing like any ordinary night, taking out all of his frustrations through dancing.

No matter how stressed you are about everything, how disappointed you are of yourself, no matter how uncertain you are of the future and how much you wanted to change the past, in Chamber 5, none of those matter.

You can just set your feelings aside and dance till your heart's content.

All the burden, all the worries and every pain stops. It's just you and the music.

Because in here, nobody expects anything from him aside from bringing a good performance.

Kei was speechless at how his brother shines on the stage. He's so young, yet so good. So amazing.

"You better give it to him. Despite all of the restrictions, hiss love for dancing still remained.  Face it, you might have big plans for your brother, but you can't ignore what he really wanted to do, if he always brings it in front of you." Heeseung told Kei as he watched his brother turn up the crowd provocatively.

"Some people learns to dance, but some are born to." Heeseung said before joining Niki on the dance floor to battle him.

Kei was speechless.

Heeseung's right about that. He's been holding back his brother all this time. Why is it that it was just now that he realized. He was no better than Sunghoon's father. He's right. He has no idea what he's saying.

...

"Tell boss I have an eye at Lee Joon's suspected son. Ask boss if I have to take him."

"Copy that."

"Boss said keep an eye on him for a while and don't lose sight. We'll take him at exactly 12 AM of December 21."

"Roger."

...

A/N: I feel like shit today. Hopefully I'll manage to keep a positive outlook tomorrow.

ENHYPEN weeverse is filled with Memes today. I'd share them here, but I bet the editors won't appreciate re uploading their edits. But I know you know what I mean. We're one fandom.

I love the fan edit where they edited Ni-ki as a scholar and Jay as a price. So cute these two.

But for now. All I can share are Resentment Anger Shame moments during last night's V-live.

I love it when Ni-ki knew Sunghoon's birthday because they have the same birth month and his birth day is just after Sunghoon's. So cute. My babies.

Well that lightened up my mood. ENHYPEN lessens my stress to be honest. So, who's ready for December 21?

Thanks for dropping by everyone. Sorry if the other characters are kinda not included most of the time.

My bad, but thank you guys for everything. Thanks for the attention. Hehe. I feel like I actually have friends.

Congrats to ENHYPEN for having 1M followers on Twitter. I'm excited to know the official fandom name as well. I guess we have to fry our eggs because we'll no longer be called Eggies.

Thanks again. Hope you're having a nice day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 15.6K 33
if you ask sunghoon, he will probably said what he feels for jake was 𝙟𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙮 but he can't help but to fall for it. no matter how many time...
30K 1.2K 24
◜📓◞ School Sunshine ,, P.sh & K.sn ╭─ "Let's be together, forever." @fairypiles ꒷꒥ Status ﹕ Completed ❐ ➭ Started ﹕ November 28, 2021 ❏ ➭ Ended ﹕...
93.7K 3.3K 23
"𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗲." 𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹'𝘀 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝗲𝗹 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸𝗲𝗿 𝗛𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗮𝘄 𝗵𝗲𝗿 '𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘆' 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘁𝗵�...
306K 16K 48
[ 𝘁𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 ] you have been added to an unknown group chat. STARTED : 26 /07/2021 ENDED : 10/ 09/ 2021 © shhoonie/dear_hee | enhype...