The Golden Pear [YA - Feature...

By Witto150

When Freya Inuhakka, a burn survivor, receives a pear enchanted to give her either beauty, wisdom, or power... More

♫~Author's Notes~♫
♫~Notes 01~♫
♫~Notes 02~♫
♫~Notes 03~♫
♫~Notes 04~♫
♫~Notes 05~♫
♫~Notes 06~♫
♫~Notes 07~♫
♫~Notes 08~♫
♫~Notes 09~♫
♫~Notes 10~♫
♫~Notes 11~♫
♫~Notes 12~♫
♫~Notes 13~♫
♫~Notes 14~♫
♫~Notes 15~♫
♫~Notes 16~♫
♫~Notes 17~♫
♫~Notes 18~♫
♫~Notes 19~♫
♫~Notes 20~♫
♫~Notes 21~♫
♫~Notes 22~♫
♫~Notes 23~♫
♫~Notes 24~♫
♫~Notes 25~♫
♫~Notes 26~♫
♫~Notes 27~♫
♫~Notes 28~♫
♫~Notes 29~♫
♫~Notes 30~♫
♫~Notes 31~♫
♫~Notes 32~♫
♫~Notes 33~♫
♫~Notes 34~♫
♫~Notes 35~♫
♫~Notes 36~♫
♫~Notes 37~♫
♫~Notes 38~♫
♫~Notes 39~♫
♫~Notes 40~♫
♫~Notes 41~♫
♫~Notes 42~♫
♫~Notes 43~♫
♫~Notes 44~♫
♫~Notes 45~♫
♫~Notes 46~♫
♫~Notes 47~♫
♫~Notes 48~♫
♫~Notes 49~♫
♫~Notes 50~♫
♫~Omake~♫
♫~Notes 51~♫
♫~Notes 52~♫
♫~Notes 53~♫
♫~Notes 54~♫
♫~Notes 55~♫
♫~Notes 56~♫
♫~Notes 57~♫
♫~Notes 58~♫
♫~Notes 59~♫
♫~Notes 60~♫
♫~Notes 61~♫
♫~Notes 62~♫
♫~Notes 63~♫
♫~Notes 64~♫
♫~Notes 65~♫
♫~Notes 66~♫
♫~Notes 67~♫
♫~Notes 68~♫
♫~Notes 69~♫
♫~Notes 70~♫
♫~Notes 71~♫
♫~Notes 72~♫
♫~Notes 73~♫
♫~Notes 74~♫
♫~Notes 75~♫
♫~Notes 76~♫
♫~Notes 77~♫
♫~Notes 78~♫
♫~Notes 79~♫
♫~Notes 80~♫
♫~Notes 81~♫
♫~Notes 82~♫
♫~Notes 83~♫
♫~Notes 84~♫
♫~Notes 85~♫
♫~Notes 86~♫
♫~Notes 87~♫
♫~Notes 88~♫
♫~Notes 89~♫
♫~Notes 90~♫
♫~Notes 91~♫
♫~Notes 92~♫
♫~Notes 93~♫
♫~Notes 94~♫
♫~Notes 95~♫
♫~Notes 96~♫
♫~Notes 97~♫
♫~Notes 98~♫
♫~Notes 99~♫
♫~Notes 100~♫
♫~Notes 101~♫
♫~Notes 102~♫
♫~Notes 103~♫
♫~Notes 104~♫
♫~Notes 105~♫
♫~Notes 106~♫
♫~Notes 107~♫
♫~Notes 108~♫
♫~Notes 109~♫
♫~Notes 110~♫
♫~Notes 111~♫
♫~Notes 112~♫
♫~Notes 113~♫
♫~Notes 114~♫
♫~Notes 115~♫
♫~Notes 116~♫
♫~Notes 117~♫
♫~Notes 118~♫
♫~Notes 119~♫
♫~Notes 120~♫
♫~Notes 121~♫
♫~Notes 122~♫
♫~Notes 123~♫
♫~Notes 124~♫
♫~Notes 125~♫
♫~Notes 126~♫
♫~Notes 127~♫
♫~Notes 128~♫
♫~Notes 129~♫
♫~Notes 130~♫
♫~Notes 131~♫
♫~Notes 132~♫
♫~Notes 133~♫
♫~Notes 134~♫
♫~Notes 135~♫
♫~Notes 136~♫
♫~Notes 137~♫
♫~Notes 138~♫
♫~Notes 139~♫
♫~Notes 140~♫
♫~Notes 141~♫
♫~Notes 142~♫
♫~Notes 143~♫
♫~Notes 144~♫
♫~Notes 145~♫
♫~Notes 146~♫
♫~Notes 147~♫
♫~Notes 148~♫
♫~Notes 149~♫
♫~Notes 150~♫
♫~AfterNote~♫
♫~Thank You~♫

♫~Notes 151~♫

58 4 8
By Witto150

Regardless of her expectations, the boys stayed with her even after the exams.

Also, Nobu Mori tasted the bitter defeat once more. Rigaku investigated among the students and found out that Mori had talked shortly before the explosion with Ueno, who then dashed their way. The witnesses confirmed that Mori had a devilish smirk after that.

One girl also captured him on her selfie she took near the horse stall. He turned out blurry, but he was there. He was the only student wearing a white suit, and there was a green smudge on his sleeve too.

The people from the firework show also remembered him inspecting the roof. Claiming he was looking for his pen, he dropped there earlier.

For a smart guy, he had made the most elemental mistake by not wearing gloves when placing the firework box.

Using the connections their father had, they allowed Rigaku to see the case. Next to the photographs, and the first batch of reports from visitors, they had collected three almost perfect finger marks.

The oldest Kamini added his findings, and he accompanied the officers into the school. Mori turned white as a ghost when the police approached him to take his fingerprints. Rigaku shattered all of his arguments that Mori had to go to the station to have his finger marks taken.

However, that wasn't the biggest news of the week. Shortly after the festival, they got information Ueno wasn't only bleeding but also had a car accident. During her escape, she had left the school grounds, leaping right in front of a sports car.

The crash sent her flying, breaking almost all of her ribs and bones in her legs. The helicopter had to rush to get her in time for an operation. A few minutes later, and she could be gone forever.

Freya took this as the worst, crying and begging to see her. However, it seemed she was in too serious condition to be visited and fell into a coma. The ginger-haired girl wrote Ueno a message each day even after she got an automated reply that the number wasn't available.

Her phone died, and nobody switched it on. Her mother also didn't want to share any information. She only stated Ueno's life wasn't in immediate danger and that she was moved to a different hospital to receive better care. There wasn't a single trail of tears on her face.

Freya almost snapped at her for being heartless, but she let it be since her emotions overpowered her, sending her into another crying session. Even the cruelest mother had to have a bit of love for their daughter, right?

Freya tried to occupy her mind with different things, like visiting the farm, getting in touch with Judy Hopps, or looking for a new place to stay. Judy Hopps hoped the new Handy Cafe would open in a week or two.

Freya volunteered to work there as a part-timer, perfecting her communication skills and socialization. Kagetsu was quick to agree too, asking if they had a cute uniform to wear.

All in all, the end of the semester came with cheerful tunes, and she could look forward to spending summer days with her friends.

However, before that, Mr. Kamini requested his sons to see him together with Freya. Despite knowing how kind he was, she couldn't stop her stomach from squirming. As far as she knew, the brothers didn't tell him about the result or the goddesses.

Could they be waiting for a good time to tell him?

Arriving in front of their summer house after a few hours long drive, she awed. It was, as if she stepped into the distant past, where wooden houses had curved roofs, stood on pillars, with only sliding doors, and hanging scrolls of talented artists in every room.

Before entering, the head staff members greeted them. Leaving her shoes in the spacious entrance hall, her eyes raced from one vase, scroll, and flowers in pots along the entire corridor.

'Whoa!' Her eyes sparkled, seeing a gorgeous kimono hanging below the ceiling. Sakura petals danced under Mt. Fuji, enveloped by haze where stories from the past had happened.

Whoever they met had bowed, and she almost got seasickness as she replied to everybody with vigor. The brothers giggled as they bowed too, but without touching the ground.

Their father had awaited them in the inner garden, wearing his only hawaii shirt. Rigaku let out a sigh once he saw him. What a strange habit of his.

Taking their place around a round table, the butler served them ice tea and simple snacks to enjoy before he left. They could call him with a bell if they needed anything else.

"It's good to see you all," Mr. Kamini started. "I'm proud of you."

"Not really." Kagetsu slurped his tea. "I barely made it even with Ri's help."

"Don't belittle yourself. You did great despite you... not being a studious type." His oldest sibling scratched on his cheek.

"That's the cutest way to say somebody is stupid." Kagetsu giggled.

"Let's not talk about it." Aiyoku decided, clapping his hands. "What matters is we all passed. Let's enjoy our hard-earned holidays."

"Agreed!" The youngest boy snatched a cookie, nibbling on it.

"Miss Freya-chan, have you passed the Golden Pear?" Mr. Kamini asked after a few minutes. "It's alright if not."

She flashed him an enormous smile.

"Oh, I see. So who received it? I'm curious."

The children exchanged conspiratorial looks, curving their lips into a cat's smile.

"Guess who?" Kagetsu teased their father.

The old man puckered his lips, eyeing each of them. Finding no clue in their faces, he concentrated on Freya. Yet, even with her, he came to grief.

"I give up. Surprise me."

Pushing their fists forward, they revealed each of them had a small pear.

"Wha... How? How's that possible?" His eyes shivered.

The brothers took turns in telling how they met the goddesses and included the dreams they had, realizing those were real. An attempt of the goddesses to bypass Freya's decision by forcing the boys to accept the pear. However, they didn't count on their stubbornness and compassion hearts.

Their father listened, nodding and laughing at how Freya grilled the untouchable goddesses. As their story ended, Rigaku asked, "Dad, how come those goddesses became part of our life?"

It was the old man's turn to share his side of the story.

"They came a few hours after my dear Kazue passed away. I thought they were nothing but a part of my grief, tired mind. They gave me the Golden Pear, explaining they want my children to be their champions.

"It made little sense. The goddesses promised me wealth and long life after one of you gets it. They gave me seventeen years to nurture you to reflect their vision.

"You probably noticed it, but you look different from each other, especially Aiyoku."

"Well"—Kagetsu scratched on his cheek—"I guess blonde hair is rare like Freya-chan said. But I've never thought Ai would look different from us."

"I guess that's because you are triplets and share a unique bond. Each goddess picked one of you. Hera was first, blessing my firstborn with endless knowledge he would use to get the pear.

"Aphrodite approached you, Aiyoku, finding your baby face the smoothest, but she didn't like the color of your hair. With a mere touch, you turned blonde."

"What?" Aiyoku dug his fingers into his hair. "You mean she just changed my body like that?"

Freya's eyes shot open. Who would think about this? She had met her share of blonde people in Great Britain and some in Japan, so Aiyoku wasn't anybody new for her.

"That's right!" Rigaku snapped his fingers. "Aphrodite had mentioned that Athena had 'shaped' Ka to her image and that all her 'hard work' was for nothing."

Their father nodded. "Yes, Athena was left with my youngest child."

Ka let out a sad sigh. Why his father couldn't call him his son? Perhaps it was better this way since he wasn't a proper boy.

"... Athena took Kagetsu and disappeared. When she returned—"

"Dad, I'm trans," Kagetsu whispered, but it came out like a roar.

His wrinkles smoothed as his face widened.

"I'm sorry. I guess I was never fit to be a good son. There is a girl side in me, so I enjoy wearing skirts, hands-craft, and clothes shopping."

He played with his fingers, unable to look into his father's eyes. The embarrassing truth was out.

"I see now that's the reason you never called me your son." He lifted his head with a forced smile. "But that's okay—?"

No anger or sadness reflected on his father's face. Quite the opposite had happened as Mr. Kamini was beaming like the sun.

"That's..." Their father covered his shivering lips. "You remember. You stayed true to your heart."

"Dad, what do you mean?" Kagetsu flashed his eyes around, but nobody could give him an answer.

"Kagetsu..." the father's voice called him as tears slid down. "No, it should be Tsukiko, my baby daughter."

Kagetsu's jaw dropped as his brain encountered the most complex problem to proceed.

"Kazue blessed me with two boys and a girl."

Everybody gazed at Kagetsu, who seemed to switch off his brain to save his heart from bursting.

"When Athena returned, she no longer held my daughter but a boy. Your body was all wet as if she had pushed you underwater."

Kagetsu's head jerked, connecting the pieces in his mind. His fear of water was real.

"She has also said you have survived the judgment of her herd."

Click.

Another piece had fallen, finishing the picture.

Kagetsu's lips moved, but no words formed.

"I'm the only one who remembers it. Even your birth certificate states you are a boy. Not even the doctor, who delivered you, seemed to notice they had altered her memories."

They all remained silent. The goddesses had proved heartless, playing with others like small children play with their toys. Pushing their story into others. Now, it seemed many of the people they interacted with were nothing but puppets in their scheme too.

Kagetsu's body shook, his fingers dug into the table, almost snapping. He bit his lip, surpassing the sudden urge of emotions. Rigaku lifted his hand to place it onto his brother's shoulder when Kagetsu sprung.

"I'm a girl!" he crowed, his smile occupying his entire face.

"I'm a girl!"

He raced around the table, jumping, leaping, performing circus-like tricks, tumbling, and getting up with each step.

Everybody was on their feet, unable to determine what they should expect. The steam powering their brother seemed to be endless, coloring his cheeks red.

"I'm! The! Girl!" He pivoted, almost losing a balance.

"Kagetsu, aren't you angry?" Mt. Kamini asked and had his youngest children hanging from his neck in the next seconds.

"Angry? I'm excited! I'm beyond the seventh heaven!" He jumped back. "Even after Ri told me about trans people and helped me to accept myself, I knew I was still missing something!" Tears spurted down his cheeks. "And this is it! I was a girl all the time!"

He laughed, wiping his tears. After cleaning his nose so loudly that even boys would call it disgusting, he threw his arms into the air.

"Bye-bye tight pants! Hello cute skirts!" Kagetsu clashed his fists. "And death to molesters!" His eyes almost wished to find some molester that he could punch to the moon.

Given both of his names came with the moon, it was possible.

Seeing Kagetsu alias Tsukiko standing in the sunlight gave everybody a smile.

"So, how should we call you?" Rigaku asked. "Kagetsu or Tsukiko?" Now his brother's... sister's second name made so much sense. He was the other side of the moon.

The youngest sibling frowned, crossing his arms. What a serious question. He puckered his lips sideways.

"Let's keep it at Kagetsu. It was with me for so long, I would feel naked without it. And throwing it away is like abandoning part of me."

His eyes trailed to a corner, wherein the shadow stood a black horse. It nodded its head as if being proud of his friend.

"Both names share moon, so I'm both of them."

"Whoever said you are a simpleton needs to check his brain."

They laughed, and Freya stayed for dinner. They had endless sushi. Thank Buddha, the goddesses didn't promise a life-time amount of sushi, or Freya would sell her soul.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 612 32
Y/N.17 years old. Villain?or angel?Mysterious girl. what will happen when she'll meet police officer Jeon Jungkook?one of the best officer in departm...
4.9K 284 24
❛They lied to each other yet they lived happily ever after❜ Started : 14/1/2019 Ended :: 14/6/2019 Short chapters ♡ Inspired by Thai WebSer...
620K 2.4K 63
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
560K 23.9K 87
After enduring years of pain as a consequence of being confined by my Yandere stepbrother, I was finally freed from my misery by an unfortunate house...