The Golden Pear [YA - Feature...

By Witto150

When Freya Inuhakka, a burn survivor, receives a pear enchanted to give her either beauty, wisdom, or power... More

ā™«~Author's Notes~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 01~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 02~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 03~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 04~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 05~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 06~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 07~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 08~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 09~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 10~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 11~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 12~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 13~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 14~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 15~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 16~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 17~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 18~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 19~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 20~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 21~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 22~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 23~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 24~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 25~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 26~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 27~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 28~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 29~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 30~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 31~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 32~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 33~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 34~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 35~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 36~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 37~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 38~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 39~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 40~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 41~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 42~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 43~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 44~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 45~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 46~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 47~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 48~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 49~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 50~ā™«
ā™«~Omake~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 51~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 52~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 53~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 54~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 55~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 56~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 57~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 58~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 59~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 60~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 61~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 62~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 63~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 64~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 65~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 66~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 67~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 68~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 69~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 70~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 71~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 72~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 73~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 74~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 75~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 76~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 77~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 78~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 79~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 80~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 81~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 82~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 83~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 84~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 85~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 86~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 87~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 88~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 89~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 90~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 91~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 92~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 93~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 94~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 95~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 96~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 97~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 98~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 99~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 100~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 101~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 102~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 103~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 104~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 105~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 106~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 107~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 108~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 109~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 110~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 111~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 112~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 113~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 114~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 115~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 116~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 117~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 118~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 119~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 120~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 121~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 122~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 123~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 124~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 125~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 126~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 127~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 128~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 129~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 130~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 131~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 132~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 133~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 134~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 136~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 137~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 138~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 139~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 140~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 141~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 142~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 143~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 144~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 145~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 146~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 147~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 148~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 149~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 150~ā™«
ā™«~Notes 151~ā™«
ā™«~AfterNote~ā™«
ā™«~Thank You~ā™«

ā™«~Notes 135~ā™«

9 3 0
By Witto150

With nobody noticing, Friday morning arrived, and the pace sped up. Now they had only hours to make everything perfect, and not all stalls were fully ready.

The Cat Coffee needed a new banner since it got ripped in the middle during the hanging process. Sumiko dashed to the Kamini brothers, begging them for help. If anybody could solve this, it was them.

Unlike her, they had contacts and money. She knew she would pay them back no matter what. Her parents worked hard to allow her study here, and over the summer she had a part-time job.

Rigaku refused any payment, no matter how much she insisted. Just like everybody, he wanted for this Fest to be successful. Arriving in front of the coffee shop, he saw severe damage.

'Careful sewing could fix it, but hardly in a few hours.' He squatted, taking both pieces. They adorned the black base with cat's heads and Cat Coffee in the middle. The black and white trim added a minor detail and allowed to hang this without making holes in the main body.

'Wasn't this supposed to be Cat Cafe?' He remembered Freya pointed out a difference between coffee and cafe to a few students who asked for help. 'Guess nobody realized this mistake. But well, it's not technically wrong either.'

"I'm sorry," one boy bowed his head. "It's because I tripped."

The surrounding girls sighed.

"Sorry, can't fix this," one responded.

"Yeah, we need to think about how to put it together."

The girls went into counting how many boxes they had for takeout, plates, and utensils with coffee cups and ingredients.

The school cooks offered to bake simple cakes, as they couldn't fit any oven. Also, it was against the rules as there was an enormous risk of getting burned. They could have only a fridge for drinks and ingredients for sandwiches and simple snacks.

The same went for grilling or frying. They allowed only selected stalls with an adult supervisor to sell simple fast-food, and they had to have a fire extinguisher at the hand. Thankfully, only once there was a small fire caused by a malfunction.

Rigaku stood up, looking at it from a higher perspective. It folded in the middle, hiding the middle letters.

"Caffee?" he asked himself.

Kumiko checked the place he was looking at, seeing it upside down.

He again kneeled down, pushing the pieces together to create the new word.

"How about this?"

The group gathered, whispering, and ultimately finding it great. They called this place Cat Coffee for so long nobody thought a minor change could enhance it. And "Caffee" had a pleasant sound, too.

The sewing was much simpler since they didn't need to worry about fitting it as before. Kaneko took care of it on a sewing machine, so she had it done in less than half of an hour. Her abilities even sparked an interest in the Hand-Craft club. Perhaps it could re-open in the next semester.

Happy Rigaku returned to his stall, finding the decorations were hung up. The flowers made by Satos were simple, made of colorful crepe papers. Since it didn't look like it could rain would fall anytime soon, they didn't need to worry for it to be destroyed.

While he checked his list for the tenth time, he went through it again. Despite being used to planning, he couldn't help but feel slightly nervous. Anything could happen with the horses, but Mrs. Sato ensured them both were calm. Especially Princess, who celebrated her forty-fourth birthday.

Nothing could make her angry, and she watched the world with wise eyes but with a curiosity of a small child. Rocket was a lot younger and could be mischievous when he wanted. Mr. Sato often found his cap in Rocket's mouth. That would explain why he targeted Kagetsu, searching for a hat to snatch.

Today they wanted to give them a trial run, so they would get used to the new environment. Kagetsu drew signs of respecting the horses by avoiding loud noises, music, and sudden gestures to ensure everybody would have a great time.

Mr. Arima, Sumiko's uncle, helped them to erect a place for the horses to relax. It provided shade, a place to stretch their legs, and heaps of straw to munch on or lay on. Students could take their photos or record videos. But if they wanted to have a photo, they needed for Freya or Rigaku to assist them.

"How's it going?" Kagetsu asked from behind.

Rigaku turned around, his eyes cast on the paper. "Quite well—" He almost bit his tongue, seeing his youngest brother in a cat costume. "What's that?"

Kagetsu scratched behind his fluffy cat ear. "I checked on the cafe, seeing the new banner, and they realized the costume leaning shop sent them the wrong size." He adjusted the miniskirt.

"I... couldn't resist trying it. They kinda heard I'm... cross-dressing... kinda... and it fits me." He lifted his arms, entwining his fingers, balancing on his heels. "So, I offered them help with distributing the menu, posters, map of the festival, and so on."

"I see." Rigaku nodded. He still needed time to adjust to his brother's clothing choices.

"But don't worry, I'll attend to this stall too! How about a few hours for cats? Then I'll switch with you, so you and Freya can enjoy the festival."

His oldest brother blushed, pushing his glasses up to mask it. But his brother was preoccupied with training his cat paws and meowing.

"Mnau... Mnauu... Mnnau...?"

"You mean Nyaan?" Rigaku corrected him.

"I was thinking I could greet the guests with meowing in different languages." Scratching on his cheek, his brain whispered to him that it was a dumb idea.

"That's interesting. Actually, last year there were a few visitors from Europe. I've checked the school newspapers the other day, but they didn't include what countries they were from."

"But that's still amazing! I'll go to practice!"

"And speaking of cats, how about we take the kittens with us? Ai is with them at home, but we can't do this every day."

"Do you think they would like it here?"

"No, it would be too noisy. Let's ask the staff that will stay over the weekend. Perhaps somebody could keep an eye on them."

Finding the kind soul didn't take that long. The kitchen chef used to have six cats and seeing the pictures melted her heart alongside the coworkers. Naturally, pets weren't allowed in the school, but who could say no to those big eyes?

The youngest member of the kitchen crew had a ten-year-old niece who would come for a visit over the weekend, and she loved animals. When the niece heard about them, she couldn't wait to see the kittens.

The kitchen was off-limits for obvious reasons, but the nearby classroom had enough space. The kittens knew how to use their toilet as their mother pestered them for leaving their business everywhere.

Rigaku promised to move them to the school by the next morning, including their food and some toys. With this, he could scratch another line from his list.

Later, Mr. Sato would arrive with both horses as his wife had to check on the farm. The students checked them, taking photos, and for some, this was their first time seeing a living horse. Of course, the noblest students refused to touch them without gloves, if at all. All animals were too dirty for them.

On the other hand, the less V.I.P. part of the students circled the animals, taking selfies and photos, petting them, and giving them snacks Satos allowed. Rigaku and Freya tried each to take a few photographs with the Polaroid camera to get a good feeling.

It was easy to operate, but sometimes taking the right angle could be problematic. Not to mention Rocket fidgeted, messing the shots, but in the end, they turned into an unforgettable memory.

Rigaku only added a quick note to their sign that Rocket loves caps, especially the soft ones.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 175 57
A collection of my Spy School oneshots from AO3, featuring Alexander blowing up his kitchen, Erica going to kindergarten, and more.
5.9K 188 199
Same as first one. With more characters, way more. I'm considering a third book. Maybe even reach five. Chapters will stay until I get to chapter 1,0...
115K 5.6K 43
į€„į€šį€ŗį€„į€šį€ŗį€€į€į€Šį€ŗį€øį€€ į€›į€„į€ŗį€·į€€į€»į€€į€ŗį€•į€¼į€®į€ø į€”į€į€”į€ŗį€øį€į€±į€«į€„į€ŗį€øį€†į€±į€¬į€„į€ŗį€”į€™į€¼į€²į€œį€Æį€•į€ŗį€›į€į€²į€· į€€į€±į€¬į€„į€ŗį€œį€±į€ø į€€į€»į€±į€¬į€ŗį€”į€±į€™į€„į€ŗį€ø į€į€¼į€°į€į€¼į€¬į€œį€½į€”į€ŗį€øį€œį€­į€Æį€· į€€į€»į€±į€¬į€ŗį€”į€±į€™į€„į€ŗį€øį€€ į€•į€­į€Æį€øį€Ÿį€•į€ŗį€–į€¼į€°į€œį€­į€Æį€· į€”į€¬į€™į€Šį€ŗį€•į€±į€øį€į€¶į€›į€į€²į€· į€€į€±į€¬į€„į€ŗį€™į€œį€±į€ø į€”į€±į€į€¼...
110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...