Took Me By Surprise [Zayn Ma...

By sxmmersxdness

❝ Maybe he loves me now, but he has to change to love me forever. ❞ [Under major editing] More

Before Reading
Chapter 1: Changing Directions
Chapter 2: The Fifth Floor
Chapter 3: Jittery Jenan
Chapter 4: Empty Shelves
Chapter 5: Home Alone.. Or What?
Chapter 7: Does she really not know about us?
Chapter 8: London Lane
Chapter 9: What's Wrong With Me?
Chapter 10: New Family
Chapter 11: Just Saying
Chapter 12: A Trip Around London
Chapter 13: Picnic À La Malik
Chapter 13.5: Tired And Emotional
Chapter 14: Headlines
Chapter 15: The Green Apple
Chapter 16: It Goes Without Saying
Chapter 17: One Interview, One Phone Call And One Disaster
Chapter 18: A Lot Of Missed Calls
Chapter 19: Be Alright
Chapter 20: Surprise, Surprise
Chapter 21: Slowly Falling
Chapter 22: "Did You Know My Middle Name Is Jawaad?"
Chapter 23: Sweden
Chapter 24: The Truth I
Chapter 25: The Truth II
Chapter 26: Change My Mind
Chapter 27: Trouble With Management
Chapter 28: Accepted And Rejected
Chapter 29: Fans, Awards.. Another thing, kid?
Chapter 30: The Second Love-Confession
Chapter 31: After The Big Bang
Chapter 32: Back In Egypt
Chapter 33: Sorry, Your Plan Didn't Work
Chapter 34: Airplanes
Chapter 35: Everything's Going Fast
Chapter 36: Seven Kilometres
Chapter 37: Heart Attack
Chapter 38: The One And Only
Chapter 39: A Lot Of Things Going On
Chapter 40: I Love You Because ..
Epilogue

Chapter 6: Chatting, Cooking, Commmunicating

4.3K 133 11
By sxmmersxdness

*Jenan*

The song which was playing on the stereo now wasn't fitting the situation at all. Dramatic piano music would fit better than an upbeat pop song. Of course I knew my life wasn't a movie with the suitable soundtrack, but the happiness of the song annoyed me. I was ashamed of myself for messing up with the only person who had been nice to me so far and I knew I had to fix things as soon as possible, so I hurried upstairs taking every two steps at once. Kind of exhausted, I reached Zayn's door and kept staring at it, not knowing what to do. Maybe I should start with knocking, like a normal person.

I did. Knock knock.

I waited. 1 second, 2 seconds, 3 seconds, 4 seconds..

Nothing.

"Zayn?" my voice was low, and a little bit shaky. The guilt was killing me, eating me from inside, and I noticed that it was the first time for me to say his name. Out loud. "Zayn." I repeated, and tasted the word on my tongue as if it was a piece of chocolate.

Arrgh, no time for thinking like a freak now, Jenan!, I trounced myself.

Concentrate.I inhaled deeply and started talking to the door. "I'm so sorry, Zayn, really. I didn't mean to- "

The door opened suddenly and made me stop mid-sentence. Zayn was standing in front of me, with messy hair, as if he had been running through it with his fingers a lot of times. I could literally picture him in my mind, how he stormed into his room and sat down onto his bed. How he hid his face in the palms of his hands and then went through his black, thick hair. How my words went through his mind like a curse. How hurtful they were..

"It's okay. Let's forget it and finish our work." I heard Zayn muttering. I looked up at him with surprise all written all over my face. What?

I didn't have a chance to say that we already finished (beside that lonely knife in the sink) because he rushed downstairs, leaving me standing in front of his (now again closed) room. Confusion switched places with the initial surprise and I followed him downstairs, expecting him to be standing in the kitchen to - as he said - complete what we've been doing, but instead I found him sitting on the couch.

Hesitantly, I approached the couch and slowly sat down at the other end of it, my heart racing. Sharing a couch with a boy was something new to me. Wow, that just sounded really weird, even in my own ears. I'm a weirdo.

.. something's gotta give now, cos I'm dying just to make you see, that I need you here with me now cos you've got that one thing..

"But that isn't The Wanted, is it?" I asked, the song catching my attention and distracting me from my own weirdness.

Zayn looked at me and gave a laugh. "No, it's not."

I nodded slowly. "They sound different. And younger.. I like that song!" did I like that song? I think yes. The voices of the singers were nice and unique. I tried to figure out how many they were. Maybe 4 or 5.

Zayn smiled widely. "This is One Direction. Heard of them before?"

I didn't need to think for a second and shook my head. "Nope." I grinned widely, realising that this was the evidence of what he'd heard about me, I really didn't know about the famous people out there. He let me listen to the song till it ended and another one began. The singer was a woman this time.

Hey hey, you you, I don't like your girlfriend, no way no way, I think you need a new one, hey hey, you you, I could be your girlfriend..

I don't know why but I had to chuckle when I heard the lyrics to that song. But the song itself wasn't really my thing.

"That's Avril Lavigne." Zayn grinned.

"Ah, I know her!" I exclaimed, the name of the singer ringing a (faint) bell in my mind.

"Really? A miracle!" he teased me, raising one of his eyebrows.

"Hey!" I protested, pouting, and trying to hide my blush. "I also know Rihanna and Justin Bieber."

"Wow, I'm impressed."

I smirked and stroke over my scarf.

"By the way." He said, looking at the stereo. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

I raised my left eyebrow and threw a look at him from over my glasses. "Seriously, do I look like someone who has a boyfriend?"

He grinned. "Nope."

"I'd never fall in love." I claimed, looking up at the ceiling.

The black haired boy laughed. "And your future husband?"

A smile appeared on my face. "He will be the only exception. Why should I have many wrong boyfriends if I can have one right husband?"

He shook his head, with a small smile on his lips. "You are weird. But I like weird."

I blushed (again) and my heartbeat increased. I stood up quickly and stuttered: "I need to call my friend. She must be waiting for my call right now." I lied, turned around and almost ran upstairs.

Thinking about how freaky I was acting, I entered my room, fell onto my bed and grabbed my phone.

Hey Leesh, had a crazy morning today. Any cure to sedate the millions of feeling inside of me?? :(

Maybe my best friend could help me calm down and stop getting those strange feelings which appeared inside of me.

So I was just laying there on my bed, staring at the ceiling when finally, Leesha replied.

Easy, turn on the song Lego House by Ed Sheeran and SIGN IN TO FACEBOOK TO TALK TO ME!!! L.

Ah, I totally forgot to ask about the wifi. I got myself out of bed and opened the door.

"Zayyyn??" I shouted.

"Ya?" he called back.

"Do you have wifi here?"

"What?" he asked. I paused for a second because his British accent made me smile. 'Wha?'

"DO YOU HAVE WIFI HERE?" I screamed.

"YES!" he answered. "1DERFUL, 1-D-E-R-F-U-L."

"Aha.. PASSWORD?"

"NONE."

"THANKS!"

"WELCOME."

I shut the door behind me and headed to my laptop. 5 minutes later I was staring at the white bar where I was supposed to write my password in. What did Leesha say? Hmm.. it was something like a joke about me, wasn't it? I couldn't help it but had to send Leesha a text message.

What's the password????

A few seconds later:

You can save 143 History dates in your mind, but can't keep a short password???? o.O it's thenerdygirlwhoknowsnothingabouttheoutsideworld.

I frowned when I saw the password, laid my mobile on the desk and quickly signed in, sending her an instant message.

The Nerd: and u call this a 'short password'? :/

Leesh A: :D it is ways shorter than the 143 dates.

The Nerd: pah! & what's this name!? 'The Nerd'??

Leesh A: sorry my mind was empty of ideas when i created ur account & i thought u might want some kind of anonymity so this is the result. U can change it @ any time.

The Nerd: *sigh* o.k

I opened YouTube and searched for Lego House. I paused it to let it load.

Leesh A: now.. what's up?

The Nerd: who says something's up?

Leesh A: u said something about 'millions of feelings inside of you'.. so...?

The Nerd: it's nothing. It's just that only rubbish comes out of my mouth when i talk to a boy.

Leesh A: when u talk to A boy or to THE boy?? ^^

The Nerd: am i supposed to understand ur question?

I opened the other tab and saw that the video loaded so I clicked on play.

Leesh A: !!! -.-

man, i mean: u only talk rubbish in front of any1 of those 5 guys, or in front of a CERTAIN one??

The Nerd: hmmm Idk coz the only boy i really talked to so far was zayn.

Leesh A: awww finally i get 2 know a name! zayn. that sounds so.. poetic.

The Nerd: what sounds poetic?? I don't see anything sounding poetic.

Leesh A: Jaz :D

The Nerd: u mean 'Jazz' , don't u? & where is its relation 2 zayn & me?

Leesh A: no, JAZ: Jenan And Zayn ^_^ :D

The Nerd: now YOU r talking rubbish.

Leesh A: nope i just wanted 2 drive u up the wall ............ but seriously....

The Nerd: yeeees?

Leesh A: how is he? ^^ zayn?

The Nerd: *big sigh* idk .. guess i'm gonna find out :P

Leesh A: tell me when u know.

The Nerd: *eye roll*

btw, the song is sweet, Mashaallah! It makes me feel comfortable :) 

Leesh A: :D anytime

The Nerd: do u know The Wanted?

Leesh A: o.O i can't believe my eyes.. r u really asking me about a band? WOW. Ya, i know them :D

Why?

The Nerd: nothing, zayn only played Glad You Came 2day so I was wondering if u knew it.

Leesh A: awww that means he is GLAD YOU CAME!!!

The Nerd: ...

ha ha

Leesh A: you can't say anything because u know I'm right ^^

Someone knocked on my door. "Yes?"

Of course it was Zayn who stuck his head in at the door. "Well.. the boys are coming soon. Would you like to help me with lunch?"

I threw a look at the clock. It was already 02:12 PM. "Yes, why not. I'll be ready in minutes."

He nodded. "Great. See you in the kitchen." He disappeared.

The Nerd: gotta go. Sorry :(

Leesh A: why?

The Nerd: will help zayn with the lunch.

Leesh A: ^^ aha

The Nerd: -.-

talk to u later.. byeee

I signed out and after closing the tab with the song, I turned off the PC and left my room.

Zayn was already standing behind the stove.

"What will we cook?" I asked him and approached.

"Lasagna." He answered. That raised my mood a lot, I was kind of afraid to have to taste some 'British food'. I still would have enough time for experiments. "With halal mincemeat." he added and my heart started feeling all warm and fuzzy because he had thought of that.

Cooking with someone turned out to be fun. Or maybe it was cooking with Zayn in specific? Whatsoever, we got along very well together in the kitchen and at three, the rest of the boys arrived. I was setting the table when they entered, the blond one heading straight to a chair on the table. "What a lovely smell!" he said.

I put the missing knife beside his plate and said (trying to sound friendly): "Ummm, maybe you should.. wash your hands first?"

The boy looked up at me and was silent. I swallowed. What were you thinking, Jenan? This was so dumb, telling a stranger to go and wash his hands. That's none of my business.

"Yeah, she's right, Niall." Someone said. I looked up to see that it was the one called Liam, coming out from the bathroom near the kitchen.

Naill stood up and entered the restroom, grumbling something on the way.

Liam he winked at me, and I winced. Hastily, I took the 6th plate, knife and fork, and returned them to the kitchen.

Zayn looked at me, wondering, while taking the lovely smelling lasagna out of the oven.

"I'm not hungry." I said quickly. "I think I need some sleep.. jetlag, you know!" I turned around and almost ran upstairs to my room. I could still feel the stares of the boys in my back.

You should stop lying, Jenan! That's wrong, I told myself. Besides that the 'jetlag-excuse' was the most stupid thing I've said in my entire life. No one has a jetlag when he flies from Egypt to England!

*Bling* : I got a SMS.

Hey Jenan, it's me: Emily. Remember me? ;) Sorry for being late but I was busy. Sleeping and stuff, you know ;) would be nice to meet you? Like.. now? :D greetings, E.

Wow.. Emily, the girl from the plane.. a nice surprise.

I sat down onto the bed to reply.

Now? Okaaay.. what about having lunch together, I'm starving :D tell me an address so I can ask the taxi driver to drive me there okay? in 20 minutes? :)

That's what you get when you lie about not wanting to eat: you feel like starving. Someone stab me please. For a while, I kept staring on the display on my phone until she answered.

Just ask for "London Lane Restaurant" ;) 20 minutes is great. See ya! E.

I smiled widely. So I wouldn't starve today.

10 minutes later I finished changing my hoodie into a pink long blouse and black pants. The scarf was patterned black and grey. After putting money and my mobile into my trousers' pockets, I wanted to grab a jacket but changed my mind and went downstairs.

The boys stared at me. I saw that Zayn and Liam had already finished eating.

"Going out?" Liam asked.

I nodded. "Yes.. just to the London Lane restaurant." I said it as if it was a normal thing. As if I hadn't claimed (just 5 minutes before) that I wasn't hungry. As if I wasn't acting like a total freak.

Zayn nodded. "Okay, I'll drive you." If he was surprised by the fact that only 10 minutes ago I had said that I was not hungry and now planning to go to a restaurant.. then he was hiding it pretty well.

I quickly shook my head, starting to feel uncomfortable. "Oh, no thanks, it's okay."

But Zayn had already reached the door. Before he could take the keys which were hanging on the wall, I grabbed them first. He glared at me. "Give me the keys." He growled.

I leaned a bit back. "Only if you go to the couch and sit next to.. " I looked behind him to see who was sitting on the couch. It was the curly-haired one. "..H-harry."

He narrowed his eyes. I swallowed, I know I've been putting my head above the parapet.

"First tell me one good reason why I shouldn't drive you." He was still spiky and I couldn't even blame him for that.

I looked at him seriously, so that he won't see that I was almost shaking inside. " Because I don't want you to." I stressed every word.

He clenched his teeth, stared at me and finally turned around. Surprisingly, I found him really walking to the couch and sitting next to Harry, who was grinning widely.

"So, do you want me to drive you?" he laughed.

I frowned. "I don't want anyone to drive me!" and before those strange boys could delay me any more, I hung the keys back up and left the flat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.9K 1.4K 26
Louis and Harry were best friends and that was all. One day, one of them just got up and left, leaving the other with nothing. He left. They fight. O...
4.2K 6 28
11.7K 212 14
Just some more romantic imagines and preferences! Update 04/2023: I wrote this when I was a young teen; please excuse possible cringey content. Still...
905K 14K 55
When two different worlds collide..