The Wildcard Of Terra

Af LuckyAceHigh

"I've been called many things, but so help me, "polite" will never be one of them"- Operator Spade, upon bein... Mere

Bio
Spade File #2 (Guard)
Spade File #3 (Supporter)
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9: Call Me... Dredgen
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 11

1.6K 21 10
Af LuckyAceHigh

Location: Lungmen Deserts

Amiya: No... Impossible...

Ch'en: Hurry up and move it!

Ch'en emerged from her cover, ordering her troops to form a counterattack.

Ch'en: All squads, move in and take out Reunion!

Amiya: Why... Why is this happening...

Reunion Member: Watch out!

A large explosion of dust happen in the middle of the horde of Reunion soldiers.

Spade: Draw from the Void. Light the way!

From his cover, Spade jumps out with a bow in his hand. He aimed it at another horde and released the string launching the arrow towards them. The Shadowshot's Anchors then tethers the group slowing them down.

Reunion Member: W-Why can't I move!

Spade: Suffer a Thousand Cuts!

*BOOM*

More screams echoed in the battlefield as Spade sent barrage after barrage of solar explosive knives at his opponents.

Reunion Member: Argh! Skullshatterer, as long as we can push them back, victory will be ours!

Skullshatterer: Yes... Right now, we have no choice to fight.

Spade: You'll die trying. For all of you have the Dead Man's Hand.

Spade then pulls out his knife that is course in lighting as his body begins to spark.

Spade: Beautiful lethality, relentless style.

Spade dashes forward slicing and dicing any Reunion before performing Showstopper killing those surround him.

Spade: [Huff] [Huff] At this rate I'm not sure how long I'm going to last...

Putting his knife away, Spade summons his bow and pull the string waiting for the tether to charge before letting go.

Reunion Member: Shit! Get out of the way!

Multiple tethers hit the desert trapping those hit by it. Before they could recover Spade launch another blade barrage at them.

Reunion Member 2: INCOMING!

*BOOM*

Reunion Member 7: ATTACK!

Spade: Amiya, protect the doctor! Hoshiguma, try to flank them! Ch'en, you and the rest of the L.G.D. take out the remaining infected!

Hoshiguma and Ch'en: Got it!/Hai!

Spade then pulls out his Quickfang and charge at the Reunion, he began hacking and slashing  his way through the horde. 

Reunion Member 6: Restrain him!

Two of them grabbed Spade's torso from behind, he swung his sword towards them but was stopped by another one who grabbed the blade with his hands.

Reunion Member 9: Do it now!

One of the casters aimed at Spade and readied their arts. Spade increased his strength, which sliced through the soldier's hand. He quickly let go of his sword and grabbed a fan of knives from his outfit. He turned around and faced the two that were restraining him.

Carefully aiming the knives, Spade throws one of them at the back of their skull and the other on the spine. Spade then ducks out of the way from the Caster's arts.

Reunion Caster: Shit!

Pulling out Rose, Spade shot the caster and two others clean in the head.

Ch'en: Spade! Are you okay!?

Spade: I'm fine! Just a bit tired!

Spade replied as he checks Rose to see it's out of ammo.

Spade Thoughts: Out of bullets... have to resort to CQC.

Holstering Rose, Spade grabbed his Quickfang and sheathes it on his back. He then looks around and saw that only Skullshatterer and a few more soldiers remain.

Skullshatterer: ....A-Amiya...?

Amiya: Why... You... Why did you become like this...

Skullshatterer: Amiya... I guess this was our fate all along...

Skullshatterer had the grenade launcher trained at Amiya and Dr. Linda, hesitantly pulled the trigger sending a grenade at their direction.

Dr. Linda: Amiya, snap out of it!

Before the grenade could reach them, Spade dashes up to it and deflects it, causing it to explode to the side.

Spade: Doc, take Amiya somewhere safe, I'll deal with Skullshatterer.

Dr. Linda: What about you?

Spade: Don't worry! I got this!

Spade turned back to Skullshatterer to see another grenade heading towards him.

Before Spade could react, the grenade was suddenly redirected off its course by Ch'en.

Ch'en: You alright?

Spade: Yeah, I'm fine. I owe you one.

Ch'en: Take me out on a date and we'll be even.

Spade: Deal

Ch'en: Hmph, let's finish this.

Spade: Ladies first.

Ch'en: Gladly

Ch'en went first running up to Skullshatterer, sidestepping and slicing through the grenades. The explosions kicking up the sand around them, obscuring everyone's view of the battle.

Ch'en: Spade!

Spade: On it!

Spade ran into the dust cloud and saw Skullshatterer clutching the bleeding stomach with one hand. Spade swung downwards with his Quickfang aiming for the head, Skullshatterer raised a grenade launcher with the other hand to block it. The sword in Spade's hand began to crack before shattering.

Spade Thoughts: Crap!

Skullshatterer: Die...!

Before Skullshatterer could pull the trigger, Spade brought out some knives and threw one that pierced through the jacket and hitting the wrist.

Skullshatterer: Why is my arm... not moving?!

Another knife pierced the thigh, bringing Skullshatterer on one knee. Skullshatterer looks up to see Spade with a knife in between his fingers.

Skullshatterer Thoughts: Is this... how I die?

Spade: Misha...

Skullshatterer: ....Huh?

Spade: ...I know it's you...

Misha: H-How...?

Spade: The way you held the grenade launchers, I could tell it's your first time handling one. And that you were hesitant whenever you use your grenades.

Misha: Heh... I guess I couldn't protect everyone...

Spade: You fought well, for your first time. I guess...

Misha: Just kill me...

Spade: No

Misha: ...Why? I betrayed your trust...

Spade: Misha... I'm sparing you because deep inside, I know you don't want this, you don't want to fight anyone.

Misha: That's not true...

Spade: Don't lie to me Misha.

Misha: I'm not lying!

Spade: ...If you say so, then shoot me.

Misha: Huh?

Spade: Shoot me. Prove to me that you aren't lying, take the gun I gave you, aim it at me, then pull the trigger.

Misha: I-

Spade: Why are you hesitating? Didn't you just say you weren't lying about not wanting this? Here, I'll help you.

Spade searched Misha's pocket and fished out a gun, he placed it in her hand and helped her aim at his head.

Spade: Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same thing... over and over again expecting... things to change... Now PULL the trigger.

Misha: I-I...

Misha's hand shook as she aims at Spade's head. Sweat starts to form on her hand as she lightly touches the trigger.

Misha: I... I can't...

Spade: And why?

Misha: B-Because... I... I-I don't want this!

Spade: What DO you want?

Misha: I... want to l-live!

Spade: ....

Misha: I-I...

Misha stops talking as she felt a hand rubbing her head, she looks up and saw Spade with his eyes closed and smiling.

Spade: Shh... that's enough... If that's what you want, then I'll give it to you.

Misha: Huh? What do you mea-

Suddenly, Spade chops Misha on the back of her neck. Misha immediately collapses to the ground showing no signs of waking up. Spade went beside her to check her pulse.

Spade Thoughts: Thank goodness...

Amiya and Ch'en: Spade!

The two approached Spade, with Ch'en checking on Spade while Amiya takes off Misha's gas mask.

Amiya: ....

Ch'en and Spade looked over to see Misha's "dead" body.

Ch'en: Amiya....

Amiya: ....

Spade: Amiya, it's over now.

Ch'en: People always have a way of surpassing your expectations. Even more so when it comes to the infected. Power begets madness, and desire begets depravity. They are cancers, eroding away at all that is good in the world.

Amiya: ....

Spade places his hand on Amiya's shoulder.

Spade: Amiya, let's go home. I'll get you something to cheer you up, okay?

Amiya: ...Yeah...

Spade nods before looking at Dr. Linda.

Spade: Doctor, can you take care of Amiya?

Dr. Linda: Yes

Ch'en: The L.G.D will clear the scene before finishing up.

Amiya: Doctor, let's go.

Spade: Amiya, you and the others go first, I'll help with the clean-up.

Amiya: Okay... see you later, Spade.

Amiya and the others left Spade with Ch'en and the L.G.D. One of the guards carried Misha's corpse to Ch'en.

L.G.D Guard: Madam Ch'en, what should we do to Skullshatterer's corpse?

Ch'en: Dispose of it.

Spade: I'll do it.

Ch'en: Hm?

Spade: I have a place where I could cremate the body. I'll take her there.

Ch'en: Okay then. You'll take care of the body.

With a nod, the L.G.D handed the body to Spade, he put her on his back as he looks at Ch'en.

Spade: I'll be going now.

Ch'en: Just be careful.

Spade: Yeah... see you soon.

Spade slowly disappears into a series of pixels with Misha in tow.

--------------

Location: Unknown

Spade walks down a beaten off path in the middle of a lush green forest, with Misha on his back still unconscious. 

Spade Thoughts: If I remember correctly it should be this way.

Spade looks up through the gaps of the trees to see the sun sinking in the horizon.

Spade: It's about to be dark, I think it's close by.

After a few more minutes of walking, Spade arrived at a large clearing. And in his view is a house camouflaged by its surroundings.

Spade Thoughts: How long has it been since I live here?

Walking up the concrete steps, Spade stops in front of a metal door and searches for his keycard in his outfit. He then pulls out the card and shows it  to the card scanner. The door then opens allowing him to enter.

Spade took off his shoes and went through the hallway. He arrived at the living room with a massive couch in the middle, he laid Misha on the couch and went to the room next to it which was a kitchen.

After cooking himself a nice bowl of ramen, Spade went back to living before sitting on another couch and sigh. He took one last look at Misha before putting an arm over his eyes as a voice from the past echoes in his mind.

...

"Apparently, there has been  civil unrest and a breakout from the Prison. Nathan, you and your son have been requested to deal with this situation."

End Of Chapter

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

2.4K 178 15
The world of Suits is changing. The Kingdoms have gained new rulers, what will happen between these rulers and what drama will unfold? Diamonds poin...
12.1K 305 23
"A King who is afraid of losing his Queen..." "A Queen who will sacrifice everything to save his King..." Alfred is King of the Spades. Handling a ki...
37.3K 1K 23
The ace of spades is the highest card in the deck, and as such, it has come to symbolize power, success, and Mystery. This is the start of a saga abo...
76.5K 2.1K 25
Once a past candidate to fight for her life alongside her comrades who died. Setsuna Fuji who is a former player; now a resident in the Borderlands...