Wheels Down in 30

By Dragon_T9

" People hurt people all the time Aaron, and sometimes when your life is filled to the brim with hurt, you ca... More

~ epigraph ~
~ prologue ~
~ innocent card ~
~ camera man ~
~ just peachy ~
~ bed time story ~
~ thighs ~
~ assignment ~
~ germs ~
~ serial killer ~
~ childish ~
~ drug lord ~
~ you sound like rossi ~
~ he is adorable is he not ~
~ wine or tequila fucked up ~
~ i'm a genius ~
~ i'm not dense ~
~ accented voice ~
~ warm tears ~
~ diplomatic immunity ~
~ impulse ~
~ whole fucking world ~
~ gaslighter ~
~ phone call ~
~ cologne ~
~ everyone copes differently ~
~ becuase i could ~
~ he doesnt ~
~ shes the boss ~
~ you are hurting my feelings ~
~ consent is a thing ~
~ trachea ~
~ hannah ~
~ local bistro ~

~ faye fairy ~

6.8K 163 86
By Dragon_T9

Part 2
1 year later

~ a single lie discovered is enough to create doubt in every truth expressed ~

I snort aloud clapping Derek on the back, "That's rich coming from you," I comment, shaking my head. I make my way around the table, taking a seat next to Emily.

Me, Derek, Dave, Emily, and Penelope were the closest on the team though in the last year we all grew tight; like a family. It was weird, never really having a familial example. But I trusted them all.

Aaron and me were officially dating although we hadn't really announced it. Everyone seemed to have an idea but I guess that's what we got from working with profilers. I believe the only one who truly knew we were 100% together together was good old David Rossi and honestly, I'm not surprised.

That man knew everything.

Aaron and I weren't complicated it was just more Aaron then I. I mean I'm still not used to the whole guy treating me right thing and am honestly just waiting for him to snap. In fact, just the other night I dropped a plate on the kitchen floor and stood there for 10 minutes scared he was going to scream at me.

He had walked into the kitchen so confused. He just looked at the plate and cleaned it up like it was nothing well I stood there frozen before he wrapped me in a hug saying nothing.

Derek feigns hurt, placing a hand over his heart, "I thought you loved me," he fake sobs, turning to JJ, pointing at me, "I thought she loved me,"

Jennifer just laughs, patting his shoulder, shaking her head, "Don't point, its rude Derek," she tries to say seriously causing Penelope to chuckle.

We were just about to have a movie night in the conference room. We just got back from a particularly nasty case and it was already 5am, we just decided to pull an all nighter and do paperwork at 10. Well, they had me convince Aaron and of course, he isn't that great at saying no to mediocre things like that to me, so here we are.

Emily sends me a look of amusement, handing me a glass of wine. I thank her with raised eyebrows, trying not to laugh and Penny and Spencer's popcorn fight, "You both are aware you're picking that up right?" Rossi states, walking in the room with blankets.

The both start arguing and I'm quick to tune them out, turning to Dave, "Are any of those super soft?" I ask, my eyes wide and hopeful.

He opens his mouth to answer but is cut off, "I got you Dani," Aaron's voice sounds from behind Dave, our shared fluffy throw blanket from the house in his hands, "I hope you don't mind, I stepped into your room to turn off the space heater, thought you could use this," He smoothly lies, taking the seat next to me.

I thank him, ignoring the shake of Rossi's head, turning my attention to the plasma screen in front of me, "Ay, Der," I shout at Derek, gaining his attention, "You got the remote," I state the obvious, pointing to his hand.

He pouts, turning to JJ, "She pointed,"

"Calm down children," Jennifer jokes, trying not to smile.

I shrug, "He still has the remote," I argue.

Derek smirks, "I know,"

Spencer and Emily groan well JJ leans back interested. Aaron looks annoyed and Rossi looked passive.

I raise my eyebrows, "Okay, so you going to play something?" I ask.

Emily pours herself more wine even though her glass wasn't empty, "Oh no," she shakes her head, sarcasm thick in her tone, "No Morgan will make this 10 times more complicated than needed by playing some stupid game to get us all worked up," she states, downing her glass and filling it again.

Rossi looks at her then rolls his eyes reaching under the table for something. I look at Derek, glaring. He raises his arms in surrender, the remote grasped in his left hand, "Guilty, now the sooner y'all play the sooner we get to the movie," he claims, pointing to JJ, "You first, truth or dare,"

I groan, downing my own wine earning an amused look from Aaron. Rossi slides a bottle of wine to Emily, "I get that I'm old, but there is no need to go all angel of death trying to kill me with such a crime," he dramatically states, motioning to the wine bottle she was previously drinking.

"It was $300!" She exclaims.

Dave shrugs, "Not my fault you wasted such money," he insults.

I stifle a snort and pop of the cork with my pocket knife, something everyone was used to at this point. I earn a look from Aaron but ignore it, sometimes the team not knowing we were dating was a plus.

"Uh, dare," JJ answers, arms folded. Emily suddenly looks interested, leaning forward on her elbows.

Derek curses lowly, "Uh, I dare you to chug that whole bottle of wine my little Faye fairy just opened," he flirts, winking at me.

I roll my eyes, sliding the wine over to JJ, "You have fun with that," I joke. She mocks me, carefully picking up the alcohol.

I snuggle further into my blanket, sneaking a glance at Aaron. He was smiling at me with a look of adoration. I smile back and turn to look at Jeniffer just in time to see her slam down the wine bottle like it was a shot, letting out a 'Ooh'.

Rossi reaches down and grabs another bottle of wine. He goes to give it to me but Aaron takes it, opening it with the corkscrew. I roll my eyes at him, knowing he did that just so I wouldn't use my knife.

"Will is going to kill me," JJ complains, "Okay, your turn Rossi,"

He raises his eyebrows in question, "Truth," everyone sits up more interested but me and Aaron, mostly because Dave and Aaron were close, always hanging out at the house.

Licking her lips, Jennifer smirks, "Who was your favorite ex wife?" She asks.

Derek chuckles shaking his head, clearly amused, "Uh, I'd have to say number 2, Elvis and wine. That women could piacere." David answers, his accent coming out on the Italian.

We all laugh, amused by his antics. Dave turns to Aaron, who raises his hands "Truth, I have an image to uphold," he states. I shake my head, laughing slightly taking a sip of wine.

David looks between us, the smirk on his face growing, "Tell us about your mystery girl," he simply says, causing me to set down my glass I little harder then necessary, that action only going noticed by Spencer and Rossi. Everyone else looks at Dave in confusion.

Aaron clears his throat, "Uh," he looks at each of us, me a little longer to make sure I was fine with him talking about me essentially. I raise my eyebrow in fake interest, a teasing smirk making its way to my face.

He sighs, "My girlfriend," he starts, causing everyone eyes who didn't know (everyone but Rossi) to widen, "Is beautiful, kind and amazing with Jack. She's really thoughtful and smart and a bit of a spitfire." He laughs out, "She's secretive and definitely hiding some things from me," he pauses, casting a glance my way.

I tense and Dave sends me a look causing me to shrug slightly, we were both confused, "But I promised her I wouldn't profile her a long time ago and I'm not about to break that promise," he simply says, leaning back in his chair as if to say his turn is over.

Everyone was still on shock, but knew better then to ask anymore questions, "Emily,"

*

"Aaron you can't just say stuff like that, everyone might not know but some do, like David and you may have promised not to profile me but he didn't and he will, and honestly, I think that's why you told him," I snap, pouring myself tea.

I was glad that Jack was still at Jessica's- Aaron had noticed I was down and called it an early day- I didn't want to fight in front of him.

Aaron sighs, "Maybe I did, but Dani you need to talk to me. We're not going to get anywhere if you don't communicate," he calmly says.

I slam my mug on the counter, "I do not have a problem with communication Aaron. We wouldn't be talking right now if I did," I argue, not turning around even though my tea was done.

"Dani, just tell me what's wrong and I wouldn't have to hope that someone else figures it out,"

I shake my head, "Nothings wrong,"

A loud slam vibrates through the kitchen, most likely Aaron's hand slapping against the kitchen counter, "Damn it Francesca, what is so hard about the concept of trust!"

It's silent for a second before I hear him let out a breath, "Darling you- baby I'm worried about you," he murmurs, his footsteps coming up behind me.

I tensely shrug, twirling the spoon in the cup of tea in front of me for no reason, "You have no re-"

"Don't you dare say I have no reason to be," he cuts me off, "You wake up with nightmares all the time. You tense when I raise my voice. If any male raises a hand to you, you shut down. Your twirling a spoon on your tea even though you hate anything in it. Almost as much as you hate loud noises. You have trust issues, and they keep you from forming strong relationships. They keep you from saying you love me. Baby you're not fine. And I just want you to tell me why. I love you, I need you to trust me, I-"

I turn around, anger clear on my face, "Did you profile me?" I ask, though he stayed silent, both of us knowing the answer.

I have three stages of anger, every single one taking a lot to get me there.

Annoyance; I'm mad, every little thing you do will make me more mad. Apologize and we'll be fine.

Frustrated; I'm angry. Nothing you say or do will change that. It will be a couple days before I forgive you.

Calm; I'm pissed. I won't even say a word to you and if I do it will be laced with heavy sarcasm and passive aggressiveness. Usually people beat me out of this anger level so I'm not sure how Aaron is going to deal with it.

I swallow thickly, nodding my head. Walking around Aaron, I pick up my go bag and phone that we're by the counter. We had only been home for less then 20 minutes, "Tell Jack that I'm having a sleepover with Emily and will call him tonight," I say, not even glancing back as I exit the front door.

I'm eating a tomato right now:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 14 21
what the title says 🏃‍♀️
21.9K 513 41
You're an FBI agent at the BAU, something you've always wanted to do growing up. And now, you've made it, at 27 years old. But what's gonna happen du...
2.1K 133 34
The BAU faced so many downturns but with a sudden budget increase and some timely encounters, the team might just be able to move with the times.
44K 536 33
Aaron Hotchner gets some news about one of his members, Emily Prentiss. Little did the team know, he developed some feelings towards her. As the big...