๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ž | ๐ฅ.๐ซ.๐ก

By bloodlineluke

Sophia, the young and headstrong Queen of Ocerallia has been sent to the kingdom of Cadeiric to marry the Cro... More

๐๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ˆ๐•
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐•
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐•๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ˆ๐—
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐•
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐ˆ๐—
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐•
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐ˆ๐—
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐—
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐—๐•
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐„๐ฉ๐ข๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
SEQUEL!
SEQUEL- FIRST CHAPTER!

๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐—๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ

512 47 50
By bloodlineluke

My grip tightened around the leather strap of the heavy sword, the weight of it, however, feeling comfortable enough in my hand for me to expertly spin it around and catch it again.

I smirked from the feeling that I was still capable of pulling off the skill that my own mother had taught me when I was only a child, thus doing it a few more times before I went and carefully put it back on its stand and chose another.

"How long have you been able to do that!" the surprised voice made me jump out of my skin.

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked with the same tone, turning around to see Luke leaning against one of the wooden pillars whilst adjusting the thick cloak on his shoulders.

Now it being the start of December and already very chilly, mostly everything had gone back to normal. Ever since I had been back in Cadeiric, there were no more questions asked about this attachment that had been formed between Luke and I and I was most glad it had remained that way.

So far, there was also no sign of Andrew changing this alliance but I felt that he would be keeping an eye on us now more than ever, just to see how Luke would be acting around me and everyone else. In the meantime, I would just have to be patient for the coming days.

No more letters had arrived from Edmund thankfully, but I was quite certain that something new would turn up soon enough.

"Quite a while actually." he cheekily replied with a grin. "But where did you learn to handle a sword like that?"

"My mother. She taught me a few self defense techniques if I was ever to have a blade in my possession when under attack." I explained. "I'm glad I still remember them."

"Well, I don't think those skills are necessary for a Queen." he said, pulling himself off the pillar and I cocked an eyebrow. "You'll have me to protect you won't you?"

"Protect me? I'll think you'll find I can take care of myself." I teased which formed a smirk on his lips.

"Is that so? Because if I remember correctly, you were the one who was injured and resting in my chambers." he chuckled, now slowly making his way towards me.

"I don't exactly remember you saving me from the attack in the first place." I replied, an idea suddenly popping into my head that I knew he would simply hate. "But you know, I'm sure if James was there, he would have prevented my injury." I smirked, setting the blade down beside me and his eyes widened into a stare.

"Really?" he dragged on the word, his lips pursing together as he came dangerously closer. He locked his gaze with mine and I found myself backing up, until I hit one of the walls and I gasped. "I truly doubt that he can even pick up a sword, let alone protect you with it."

My breath hitched in my throat as his towering figure stopped just in front of me, creating nothing but butterflies to flutter about in my stomach. Whatever confidence I had been feeling had quickly been knocked out of me by just his simple yet pleasing movements.

"Is that jealousy I sense?" I asked with a pout, managing to meet his eyes as he brought his hand up and rested it beside my head.

"Oh no, I think the one jealous here would be James." he chuckled, leaning closer. "Simply because, I'm yours..." he whispered, sending chills down my spine. "And you're mine..."

"Ahem!" someone loudly coughed, just as Lukes lips were eagerly about to brush against my own and he jumped back in shock to see Michael standing there with a snicker on his face. "Your father wishes to see you." he smirked, before bowing and walking out, leaving Luke to let out a groan.

"Are we always going to get interrupted?" he asked, taking hold of my hand and intertwining our fingers together and I laughed as we made our way out the armoury and back up to the castle. "Father... You wished to see me?" he asked, as soon as we walked through the doors to see him just opposite and consulting with his advisors.

"Ah yes, I need you to go do something for me down in the village." Andrew said, excusing his men and giving us both a smile. "As you know, it is expected that snow will start to fall soon so I will be sending some guards down to check the state of the people's homes and making sure they are still well intact for this winter." he explained. "The guards have also been ordered to send out the invitations for the approaching Frost Festival so I only need you to escort them and let the people see you."

"Why can't the guards just go on their own?" Luke asked with a bored expression.

"Because as the Crown Prince you need to start making public appearances. The people need to know who will be ruling over them don't they?" he asked but Luke screwed his face up, as if not wanting to go. "The Queen, can join you if she wishes." he sighed glancing towards me and a toothy smile was quick to appear on his sons face.

"Brilliant! Where are the guards?"

"Can you believe that I've been here in Cadeiric for almost half a year but not once have I visited the village?" I excitedly said as Luke helped me out the carriage and I flattened out my clothing.

Having arrived in Cadeirics village, I only needed to take a look at the buildings once to know that everything here was well look after, starting from the buildings, to the people.

"Well, at least you've already met the people." he smiled, snapping his fingers to one of the guards who passed him a some sort of black belt with a sword attached to it. I quietly looked round as Luke gave out orders to the guards whilst wrapping the weapon around his waist, before they went off, carrying two brown sacks. "Come on then, let me show you round."

Our hands met each other's as we started down the dirt path, passing houses and all sorts of shops. The villagers that were standing on either side of the road were quick to gasp and bow when they spotted us, not hesitating in whispering or gossiping to each other.

'Hellos' and 'good afternoons' were exchanged between us, as well as warm smiles from almost everyone. I enjoyed the villagers friendly and polite presence, something a lot of other villages didn't have.

The time had passed and Luke had shown me around everywhere by going down all these different streets, alleys and having a look round the shops. I noticed he was also paying attention to the buildings themselves, just like his father had instructed. He even stopped to have a conversation with a few families and salesmen, asking if the money that was currently being earned was enough to keep them going and even offered to lend a hand.

Although he wasn't that keen on coming here at start, I could tell that he truly did care for his people. Not many Kings or Princes were like that which gave me another reason to admire Luke.

"Do the people here tend to quarrel about things often?" I asked as we passed the blacksmiths where two men were cursing and yelling at each other.

"No, not really. Those two are brothers and they're always quarrelling about everything." Luke laughed turning to look at them. "One of them is the Royal Farrier so you can see why theirs always disagreements between them." he rolled his eyes as he pulled me along before stopping in front of a tavern. "I told the guards to find us in here when they've finished with their job. It's usually quiet so their shouldn't be any trouble." he added, pushing the door open and I gladly walked in the cosy place, happy enough I was out of the freezing cold.

The dark place was almost empty, only a few people eating, drinking or playing chess at the tables keeping the tavern occupied. A man behind the counter and Luke exchanged a nod before I followed him over to a table in the corner of the room.

"I presume the guards won't be long." he said, pulling a chair out for me and just as I was about to sit, he pushed it back in and then took a seat beside me.

"Well, I thought today was quite nice. It was good to get away from the castle for a while."

"Away from my mother and father you mean." he laughed, carefully pushing his hair behind his ears. "But no, it's understandable. Everyone needs a break from politics every once in a while."

"I suppose." I returned a flat smile, my mind instantly going back to Edmund and his way of politics. I then uncomfortably brought my hands in between my lap and fiddled with my fingers whilst lightly chewing on my lip.

"What's wrong?" he suddenly asked, leaning on the table. "Are you alright?"

"Yes. Just a few things on my mind." I tried to shrug it off as I sat up straight but he gave me a doubtful look. "I'm fine, really." I assured him, reaching for his hand and squeezing tightly, making him smile.

"Alright." he let out a small laugh just as I had looked up but my eyes widened in alarm at the man who was standing there.

He was right at the back of the room, barely visible to anyone else but the look he gave me was clear enough for me to understand.

"Could you please just tell me where the ladies room is?" I quickly said, taking my hand away. Luke only slowly nodded in response, and pointed to the back of the room, luckily enough.

"Well well, what a lovely surprise to see you here, your Majesty." the man chuckled, earning a disgusted look from myself.

"I can assure you that this is anything but a lovely surprise, Sebastian." I hissed, making sure no one could hear us. "What are you doing here?"

"I have to settle a trade deal with an old friend but now that I'm here, you might as well tell me how you are planning on telling Prince Luke about your acceptance to Edmunds hand in marriage." he said, examining his drink.

"May I remind you, that my decision was and still is a no." I spat, causing him to let out a sigh and he looked at me thoughtfully for a few seconds.

"I really can't believe I'm saying this but are you really going to let Edmund kill everyone you love? I've kept track of the threats he has put out against you and you must realise by now that he will indeed go as far as killing the Prince just to have you and Ocerallia."

"I do realise that but...I don't know. Everything is such a mess at the moment."

"Listen to me, your Grace." he started with a hesitant look. "I probably shouldn't be saying this either but I would like to apologise for my Kings actions." he sighed and I blinked at him in shock. "The lust for power is getting to his head in the worst way possible and I do not like the way he has put you or others, in this position."

"You? You're the person who is closest to the King! How could you possibly not agree with him?" I cried out.

"Lets just say, I never thought of the affects that this would have on you, or the Prince. I suppose I had also never realised the way he looks at you; so caring and lovingly. But I just can't see how I can change his mind."

I stepped away from him at his final words, feeling nothing but confusion. Sebastian? King Edmunds closest friend and advisor was apologising and wanted to change his mind about my marriage to him?

Was this some type of trick?

"Why are you telling me this?" I questioned, my fingernails digging deep into my palms from anger.

"Because I know how it feels to lose someone you love. The bond you have with the Prince was stronger than what I had imagined and it gives me terrible memories of the exact same thing that happened to me. You might think that we're enemies but I meant every word that I just said. You must believe me."

"Well, these terrible memories... Did you ever see her again?"

"Never." he sighed, dipping his head and just as my heart felt like it had sank, I heard Luke calling so I quickly turned round and walked away, not saying another word to him.

"There you are! Come on, the guards said we can go back to the castle now." Luke said, whilst holding his arm out so I silently took it and avoided his gaze, not knowing how to react at what Sebastian had just said.

He never saw her again.

So if I was forced to marry Edmund instead of Luke...

I would never see him again.

————————————————————————
Hey! Here's the next update!

I'm quite happy with the way I've written this one but I do feel that it's rushed so sorry about that! I'll try and make the next chapter more enjoyable!

Thank you for reading and have a good day/ night :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

777K 17.5K 46
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
500K 14.3K 106
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
141K 2.8K 44
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...