Yesterday (Will Poulter fanfi...

By SunnyCoolKid

"I don't know exactly when I fell in love with him. It could've been yesterday, or last week or last month or... More

disclaimer
When the Time's Right
What
Promise
The Sky's the Limit
So Much to Love
Crap
Phone Calls
Saturday
Classic
Delaware
Adventure Seeking
Ground Zero
Simple and Pretty
Yes
What's Cookin'
Easy as Pie
Luxury
Endings and Beginnings
In the Locker Room
High School
Truly
Good Looks
Coffee Break
Very
Amazing
Home
No Matter What
Things to Know
That's Right
For You
Gowns and Secrets
Wedding Crasher
It's a Girl
The Next Chapter
An Abundance of Meetings
A Sizable Inheritance
So Soon
The Season
One Year
Love Never Gives Up
Begin Again
For Real
Nature
Karla Jane
At The Sangsters
Picnic
Everything is Right
Playlist
Bookstore
Exploring
Rocky Mountains
Gorgeous

Just Because

7.3K 166 236
By SunnyCoolKid

I see extremly hot guys walking around campus all the time, but when I get to class, I can't seem to find any. Do they have special classes for incredibly attractive men that I'm unaware of?

      I walk back in the door and kick my shoes off from, yet another, unsuccessful date. The guy was kind of a huge loser. He looked at my butt way too often to be decent. At least he was nice to look at. He had a pretty boy face.

I walk down the hallway and into the common area. Poppy and Rhea sit on the couches reading separate books. They look up and Poppy smiles, "How was the date?"

Rhea looks up too, with a teasing glance, "She's late. Did someone have a little too much fun this evening?"

I look at her in horror, "No way."

Rhea laughs and looks back at her book, but Poppy continues, "How was he? I know he's cute, but how are his manners?"

I sigh, walking over to the smallish dorm kitchen, setting my purse on the counter, "Crappy. His north end looked at my south end WAY too often. He's a piece of eye candy, alright. Except he's a mint because he's a little too fresh."

The girls chuckle. Poppy looks at me sympatheticly, "That's too bad."

"Yeah." I mumble, opening the fridge and snatching out a water bottle.

Rhea mumbles under her breath, "You should go out with Zeke Davies."

I feel a breath hitch in my throat and Poppy nods, "I agree!"

"My gosh, I'm not going out with Zeke!" I exclaim.

"Well, why not?" Rhea asks.

"Because! He hasn't even asked me out. And we haven't even gotten past the friendly hellos yet." I reason.

"Yet." Rhea mumbles.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes.

"But-" Poppy starts.

I hear the front door open and keys jangle as they're hung on the hook. Then Rhea's roommate, Rosabel Thomas, walks in, from a date of her own. We all look at her and she smiles, "Ladies, I have met the man I'm going to marry!"

We all look at her in surprise.

"He proposed to you on the third date!?"

Rosabel laughs, "Of course not! That doesn't mean I'm not going to marry him."

Rhea and I share a glance, "Okayyyy."

I clear my throat, "I'd love to hear about your date, but I'm leaving in a couple days, and I have to pack tonight since I have that big test on Thursday that I intend to stay up til midnight cramming for. So you'll have to tell me later."

Rosabel looks at my cheerfully, "Okay!"

As I walk out of the room, Rhea calls, "You're going to get Percys autograph for me right?"

I call back as I walk into my room, "Sure thing."

I close the door to my room, and think to myself, "Or maybe not. He likes the attention he gets way too much."

: : : :

Not to sound like a negitive Nancy or anything, but I have a great dislike of paparazzi.

     "Here, let me flash this bright light in your face! Oh, is it bothering you? Well, let me do it again!"

As soon as I got out of baggage claim and met my brother, the cameras started flashing. I hardly pulled out of a greeting hug when the reporters started swarming us, trying to ask countless questions.

Do you have an older sibling who supposedly got all the talent and all the looks and everything, that you feel like you have to one up to but you just can't. And the recreational thing that you are good at STILL doesn't hold a candle to your older sibling? And everyone expects you to be JUST like him because you're related so "she must have SOME talent". But when you show no interest in singing or modeling or anything, and they find out you're only smart and good at math, they immediately take no interest in you?

That's how it is with me and Percy.

Percy is the bright shiny star that everyone loves because he can sing. I'm really proud of him for becoming so successful. I hear him on the radio all the time. But I also envy him for picking up all the talent genes and leaving me all the smart genes.

I sit silently in the backseat of the car that Percy drives. Thalia, his girlfriend, sits in the front seat. My eyes flash away from the window for a second and I see one of Percy's hands on the steering wheel, and the other holding Thalias.

I sigh and rest my head against the window, closing my eyes and pretending to be asleep. A few minutes later I hear rustling from Thalia turning around. She faces forward and whispers to Percy, " She's asleep."

He mumbles back, "She works really hard at school. She's probably exhausted."

"Probably." Thalia whispers.

I keep my eyes, closed so I can't see, but I know Percy is looking at Thalia, "I love you."

She whispers back, "I love you too."

He continues driving, "I hope theres another life after death. Because if there is I will spend my time there living you, too."

Thalia doesn't say anything, but I have a feeling she's smiling. Thalias a pretty quiet person. Her actions always speak louder than her words.

I sit in the backseat of the car for the rest of our journey pretending to be asleep.

: : : :

As soon as we walk into my aunt and uncles house I smell the very familiar scent of fresh cookies and old furniture. I hear voices from the kitchen and from the hallway, I see Uncle Douglas laying on the couch reading. We slide the door closed and Douglas looks up, "Hey."

"Hey." I smile and wave a little.

I hear footsteps in the kitchen and a booming voice, "Who is here?"

My father appears in the doorway of the dining room and smiles, "Hello!"

My Dad is a big man. Tall and a little round. Sort of like a major appliance with legs. He's build like a bear, with a bald spot on the top of his head and dark curls sticking out crazily.

I smile, "Hi, Daddy!"

I step forward quickly and fling my arms around him. He wraps his thick arms around me, "Sidney! You've gotten a little fat, yes?"

I roll my eyes and hear Percy snicker behind me.

"I'm not fat, Dad." I say, an annoyed.

He pulls back and looks at me to examine me.

There's this thing I sort of forgot to mention. My Mom, is Hungraian. And let's just say, Hungrians aren't known for being the nicest people in the world. They speak their mind and theyre honest. Which is a lot different from American culture. I'm aware because I used to go to Hungary every summer with my parents before college. Americans, even though they too, can be jerks, are a lot nicer than Hungarians. But anyway, my Moms relatives wore off on my Dad, and he's became....um, let's say brutally honest.

My Mom walks in and smiles. Mom is a lot different from Dad. Dad is loud and up front. My Mom is quiet and a lot more polite. She has short black hair and she's very petite.

"Leave her alone, Sanders." She shoos him away.

He holds his hands up in surrender and turns to Thalia.

I look at my Mom, who speaks with a smile, "How have you been?"

I give her a small smile, "Good. Busy."

She nods, "Both very vague answers."

I smile, "Well, it's a college life. Not much to say about that, Mom."

"There must be something." She pursues.

I notice Percy skillfully slip by, past Mom and Dad and into the kitchen.

"Well...." I drawl.

I hear greetings exchanged between Percy and Aunt Darla.

Darn it!

He's going to eat all the cookies!

"PERCY!" I yell.

My Mom and Dad turn, Thalia looking in the direction of the kitchen as well, laughing.

"What?" He calls, his voice muffled.

I purse my lips, pouting and race to the kitchen. As suspected, he stands in the kitchen, his hands filled with cookies. I stop in the doorway and the two of us look at each other. I notice Aunt Darla out of the corner of my eye, but i'm currently preoccupied. Thalia comes up behind me and laughs.

I scowl at Percy and walk over to him, snatching a cookie out of his mouth and shoving it into mine.

"Hey!" Percy objects.

"Thank you." I nod, my mouth full.

Percy grumbles, "Freaking idiot."

Thalia laughs along with Aunt Darla and suddenly, I hear a stomping noise from the stairs. Then bare feet on hardwood. A voice yells, "Move, peasant!"

A short girl with long dark hair appears in the doorway with excited eyes. If she wasn't so pale, short, and her nose weren't as thin, I would think she was my twin. She smiles when she sees us, "MY FAMILY!"

Juliette charges Percy and I, enveloping us in a hug as she jumps up and down, "OH, MY GOSH! I'VE MISSED YOU AND I LOVE YOU! You do not realize how boring the past sixteen hours have been without someone to annoy!"

Percy jokes, "I see you're making up for that right now."

She smiles and pulls away, "I know! Isn't it great?"

I laugh and Percy smiles.

She turns to Thalia and gives her a quick hug, "Thalia, you look so pretty!"

Thalia barely gets out the words, "Thank you." Before Juliette jumps back into her enthusiasm spaz attack, "This is going to be SO fun! We are all going to be together for the first time since I started college and we can have girls nights and stay up late and talk about guys and-"

Percy cuts her off, "watch Fast and Furious and go out in the woods with our guns and shoot things."

Juliettes face drops, "What's wrong with you? You horrible human being."

Everyone except Juliette laughs. She's still pretty horrified.

Percy peers over at Aunt Darla, "When's Iris and her boyfriend getting here?"

"This evening." Darla nods.

Juliette looks at us, "She's so excited. She keeps texting me telling me how stressed out Tom is."

My Dad and Uncle Douglas stand in the doorway. Douglas is a gruff, tough man who has never been fond of any boy ever. Even Percy is a little questionable for him sometimes. But I know he's only sort of joking when he says, "Good."

My Dad grins, "This should be fun."

Aunt Darla scolds, "Be nice."

My Mom nods, "Make him feel welcome."

Darla adds, "And feed him lots. I've seen pictures and that boy's too skinny."

"And now we're back to food " Juliette nods.

Percy throws an arm over her shoulder, "Please, Juli. It's always about food."

: : : :

"One of you must do this!" Percy makes fun of Lord Elrond from Lord of the Rings, "Because I'm a pretty elf man and I have a suspenceful voice! So you must do it! Even though it would be five times easier to get those big flying eagles and FLY the ring to mount doom, but NO. Let's loose a few lives on the way!"

Juliette and I laugh ad we Allstate at the screen.

"Percy, be quiet. You're the one who wanted to watch this in the first place." Mom says.

Suddenly, I hear the front door open. Juliette and I look at each other. Juliette looks so excited it's hard not to let her excitement wear off on me. We smirk and lean forward so we can see the front door. Juliette jumps up and I follow her actions.

"IRIS! THOMAS!"

Juliette and I run through the living room and run into the front hall, and leap on Iris. She laughs wrapping her arms around us too. Juliette notices Thomas standing off to the side watching the exchange and she grabs his arm, pulling him into the hug, as well.

Finally, Iris coughs, "Guys....I can't breathe!"

Behind me I hear the rest of the family joining us. My father is the first to step up. I can't help but notice the mild look of surprise and fear on Toms face. My Father announces loudly, with a smile on his face, "Iris, how are you doing?"

He gives her a quick hug, the top of her head barely coming to his shoulder. He pulls away, eyeing Thomas, "Looks like you've got yourself a boyfriend."

Oh, my gosh.

He's having way too much fun playing around with the walking toothpick.

Thomas holds his ground and holds his hand out, "Nice to meet you."

My Dad smiles, "My boy, the pleasure is mine. I love meeting my next meal."

I feel myself smirk, but I do feel a little sorry for Thomas. A look of deep concern spreads across his face.

My Mom steps forward quickly, "Leave the poor boy alone, Sanders. He's had a long drive and he's probably nervous enough as it is, without you teasing him."

My Mom steps in front of Iris, "Iris, my girl, good to see you."

Iris smiles, "You too, Pirea."

Juliette steps next to me, trying to get closer to Iris and Thomas.

My Mom turns to Thomas, "And so nice to meet you! We've heard so much about you! Iris is very fond of you. We're glad you'll be joining our family."

Thomas smiles, "Thank you, ma'am."

Juliette grabs my hand and smiles at me, I grin at her too.

She squeals, "Listen to that accent!"

The crazed look in Juliette's eyes is hilarious. And the blush that taints Toms cheeks is even funnier. Juliette and I fall over each other laughing.

Uncle Douglas and Aunt Darla step forward, "Girls! Leave the nice young man alone! We font want to scare him off already."

Douglas and Darla greet them. Darla expresses warmth to Thomas and Douglas does a PHANOMINAL job scowling at him.

Finally, I hear Percy's voice, "Okay, people! Out of the way! I'm trying to say hello to my cousin!"

Percy's green eyes shine with amusement as he pushes through the small crowd. He pulls Thalia behind her, her red hair draped over her back.

Iris sees Percy and laughs, pulling him into a hug, "Hey, Percy. How's life?"

He pulls away, a grin spread across his face, "I'm living it."

She nods, "That's good."

Percy turns to Thomas and the exchange greetings. Somewhere in the middle of their conversation, I realize that they're going to get along very well. From what Iris has told me, Thomas and Percy are very alike. I guess the others realize this too, because the four of us girls look at each other, the same look of dread on each of our faces. We laugh, shaking our head.

More greetings are exchanged between all and finally, Darla calls out, "Okay, guys! Time for dinner!"

Percy whoops, "Alright! Let's eat!"

I follow Juliette and sit next to her, right across from Iris and Thomas. Iris and Thomas talk quietly to each other and I hear Iris whisper, "I love you."

She rest her head on his shoulder as he whispers back, "I love you too."

I feel myself blush at the exchange. Like it was something private even though they're in front of everyone.

Next to me, Juliette hollars, "Hey! Lovebirds! Knock it off!"

I laugh. Juliette is like that. She's the baby of the family and she knows it. Whatever she does, it's always going to be cute.

Iris sticks her tounge out at Juliette and their mother immediately scolds the two of them, "Girls! Behave!"

Douglas turns to my Dad, "Sanders, Would you like to pray over the food? And our children's souls. Repent on their behalf."

Iris wags her finger at him, "I take personal offense to that."

I laugh and lean towards Douglas, "You're one to talk, Uncle Douglas."

Everyone laughs. Including Thomas, who has been shy and quiet.

My Dad chuckles, 'I'll pray for EVERYONES souls. We ALL need a prayer. Or rehab. Whichever one suits."

We all laugh quickly before Dad launches into prayer.

: : : :

My parents like Thomas and Iris as a couple immediately. So did her parents. I liked him, I guess. He was nice. I'm just not sure if he's good enough for Iris.

Or, actually I was.

Everyone likes him. He's nice. He loves Iris.

But I guess I'm still in denial over Iris getting married. I'll just have to get over it though. It's her happiness. Not mine.

Over the past couple days I've been pondering just how COMPLETELY in love they look with each other. And in a way it breaks my heart a little. You can see it in Toms eyes. If Iris told him she didnt want him to exsist anymore he would try his very hardest to find some way to not exsist. He would probably do anything for her.

And every time I think of it I innerly groan, because I want something like that so VERY badly.

And yes, part of me wanted to dislike Thomas. And even wish they'd never met. But I have a feeling something great is going too come out of this. Something will happen that will just blow everyone's minds. It sounds totally crazy, but I think fate is involved here.

And I find it's IMPOSSIBLE to dislike Thomas. I ship them even harder the more I'm around them. Even the small things. How she wakes him up in the morning. How he loves looking at her baby picture that she blushes at. How he's so calm and patient with her. How he looks so totally enamored with her. I definitely loved him when he ordered Chinese food.

But I just found it ridiculously hard to find something wrong with Thomas.

Luckily, it gives me something to strive for.

An even better relationship than they have.

: : : :

Sun pours in from behind us. The house is quiet. Uncle Douglas sits on the couch reading a book and Mom sits on the big leather man chair on her computer. Uncle Douglas usually sits in it when we watch movies. The rest of the family, bless their little tired hearts (sarcasm), are taking naps.

Besides me and Iris.

Iris sits next to me, scrolling through her phone, showing me pictures. Mostly of her and Thomas. There are some of celebrities she's worked with too. Amazing people like One Direction and Jennifer Lawrence. Her life is pretty cool. Although, I think I like the hectic Harvard lifestyle better.

Then she comes across a more recent picture. Her and Thomas are in the front. Thomas' arm is wrapped around her. And surrounding them are three sort of familliar looking faces. All from The Maze Runner. The only one whose name I know, is Dylan O'Brien because Rosabel has an obsession with Teen Wolf. Teen Wolf isn't really my thing. Plug me up with House of Cards or Parenthood and i'll be content.

Dylan makes a weird face at the camera. Then theres an Asian guy looking at Dylan and laughing. And a third guy who looks at them like they're all mentally possessed or something. Which actually might be true....

I point to the screen, "Who are they?"

Iris looks at me, "That's Ki Hong Lee, or as we call him, Ki. That's Will and that's Dylan."

She points to either of their pictures.

I nod, recognition passing through me, "Those guys you hang out with all the time."

She nods, "Yeah. You'd love them. Dylan and Ki are a little....shall I say spirited. But Wills super low key and really smart. You'd like all of them so much. You'll meet them at the wedding!"

I nod, smiling a little. I've gotten more comfortable with the whole marriage thing. However, the other day Thomas mentioned kids and I thought I was about to die from horror at the fact Iris might become a mother soon.

"Sounds good." I say. I examine the picture closer.

I can't help but feel like I've seen that Will guy before. He looks SO familiar. But he IS an actor, so I probably have seen him somewhere.

I look at Iris, "You can go to the next picture."

She nods, "M'kay."

: : : :

I look at Percy, "So why's you want to talk to me?"

He sits down on a rock and picks up a stone, "Just because. I dont talk to my little sister very often."

I hive him a belittling look. I know him well enough to know when something's up, and some things' up.

"Well, if you're not going to tell me, I'm going to go inside and take a shower." I say.

He sighs, "Fine, fine." He licks his lips and sighs, "I figured you should know that I'm going to ask Thalia to marry me."

I look at him in shock. My eyes are wide and I dont feel my heart beat anymore.

ANOTHER marriage?

A wave of sadness washes over me.

Of course, I know Thalia hasn't said yes yet, but she will.

A voice inside me whispers that I too should be getting married. I want that so badly. I want marriage and family. I know that if I told Iris how I feel, she would say something about waiting for the right time. But I want it right now.

I swallow, "Oh."

Percy laughs, "That's it? Oh? I just told you I'm going to propose!"

I blink, "I know. I'm just....I dont know. I'm not surprised, but I am. You feel me? I mean, Iris JUST told us she's getting married.... There's going to be a lot of changes around here."

Percy wraps an arm around me, "But they'll be good changes. You and Thalia get along well, right? At least I'm not marrying someone you hate."

I smile, "True."

I know Percy knows how I feel. Percy is the only one I've ever really been able to confess it to. The fact that I want something that you see in movies and read in novels, but i can't seem to find it. And although my brother can be pretty idiotic sometimes, he's been nice to me about this. Which I really appreciate.

"It'll happen soon." He says, "I have a feeling. I bet you, either through Iris' marriage or mine you'll find what you're looking for."

I look up at him, "Promise?"

He nods, "Promise."

He stands up, grabbing my hands and pulling me with him, "Plus, you're twenty, Sid. You shouldn't be getting married anytime soon."

I grin, "I'd like to see you try and stop me."

He furrows his eyebrows, accepting the challenge, "Okay, I will."

As we walk back to the house, I ask, "Do you have the ring?"

"Yeah."

"Can I see it?"

"Sure." He pulls out a little purple box out of his pocket and flips open the lid. A square diamond rests on a detailed silver band. It looks just like something Thalia would wear.

I smile, "Good job picking the ring."

He quickly closes it, slipoing it back in his pocket, "You think?"

I smile, "Yeah."

: : : :

Percy and Thalia get up and go for a walk shortly after Thomas and Iris go for a walk.

My Aunt and Uncles backyard is huge. There's a large feild and a healthy garden and the families personal favorite- the woods. The only way to get to the woods is to go to the west side of the yard and decend a crude set of stairs, due to the fact that their yard and house was built on a massive hill. Once you're in the woods, you have to walk to the east side of the yard, which is a good fifteen or twenty minute walk. But it's worth it, because on the east side, there are hammoks and chairs surrounding a big fire pit and beautiful trees to climb. It's a place of adventure and wonder.

I finish my last smore and notice my Dad and Douglas talking quietly, and Julitte fallung asleep in a lounge chair, bundled up from the cold air. The shadows dance around the woods and I'm reminded of all the camping trips I had with Percy, Juliette and Iris when I was younger.

I sigh contently and feel sleep coming on myself.

: : : :

I'm awakened by a high pitched scream.

"YES!"

And then I hear laughter.

I jerk right up in my chair, my heart beating a thousand miles and hour.

I notice Iris in the chair next to me leap up. I guess her and Thomas got back from their walk.

But the laughter continues and Iris looks at her Dad, panicked, "Where'd Percy and Thalia go?"

Then Juliette takes a step in front of me and stands next to Iris, looking just as concerned, "They went for a walk too."

I remember that they went past that crooked tree near the drainage tubes and I point, "That way."

I feel Iris grab my hand and drag me along. Juliettes hand in her other. She doesn't loosen her grasp as we through through the forest.

But I can already assume what happened.

And I remember what Percy told me to do - "Play dumb. Which should be tricky for you Miss Harvard."

We make our way into a clearing and we spot Percy and Thalia, smiling at each other.

"What's going on?" Juliette demands.

Percy grins and holds up Thalias hand, something shining in the light, "She said yes."

I make my eyes widen and I share surprised glances with Juliette and Iris.

I add to the effect by blurting, "YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED?"

Thalia nods and grins.

One after the other the three of us run to Thalia. Iris first. Juliette second. Me last. Percy stands off to the side, watching us disturbed. I guess he figures if he were to jump up and down with us he wouldn't be tough anymore. And he'd be right because I'd totally make fun of him.

I feel a happy sadness creep back into my heart, "My big brother is getting married!" I look at Juliette, "And your big sister is getting married!"

Juliette squeals, "Our family is getting married!"

Arms are thrown around me and I wrap my arms around someone else as we squeal.

A longing fills my chest. And I can't help but wish I'll be the next one to get married.

Author:

HEY Y'ALL!

First off, YAY! I HAVE VOTES!

Second, thanks for reading!

Third, sorry it took me so long to post this second chapter!

Would it help if I told you today was my birthday?

I'm not kidding. People keep giving me free stuff and it's awesome!

So this book is a sort of sequel ish thing. But it's where you can hnderstand it, right? Is it confusing? BE SURE TO READ MY OTHER BOOK -Jumping on the Train - IF YOU WANT BETTER UNDERSTANDING!

Anyway, I'm outta here!

One last reassurance- Will will be I'm the next chapter!

(Lol, Will will :-) )

I'm just trying to get you used to the family life and understand how very close their family is for those of you new people coming into the fanfiction.

So yeah.

Peace out!

-MK

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 59 29
Words That get your Attention.Words That Maybe Love by Others,Or Maybe Hates.Sentences that maybe Bitter or Sweet.Speakable in Emotions like 'huhu' a...
18.4K 249 81
Ever wonder what it would be like to have an android or machine fall in love with you? Well, look no further! Requests currently open!! :) Best ranki...
3.2M 76.7K 55
I didn't know what I was really doing most of the time. It may have seemed like I did but to be completely honest with myself... I ran head first in...
591K 13.2K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.