Vengeful Fire (Possessed Kai...

By HollowWind087

When the ninja go to the cave of the first spinjitzu master. Kai successfully gets Lloyd back and breaks the... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Update/News
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty

Chapter Six

2.6K 73 6
By HollowWind087

"..Mom...? ....Dad....?"

A faint small young voice called out. It was all black.

"...Mom? ...Dad?"

It sounded like a little boy as the sound became more clear to hear. "..Mom! ..Dad!" The little boy yelled, sounding more panicked. "Mom!! Dad!!!"
"Where are you!!!"

Kai shifted awake from the strange dream. His mind tired and vision blurry. He shifted his arms but couldn't move them. They were both chained to a wall by vengestone.
The fire ninja grunted as he glanced around, finding himself in what appeared to be a old and cold place.

The stone and wooden walls weak and broken with strange markings and symbols. He winced from a jolt of pain that came from his arm. He looked at his arms seeing them bandaged. He also noticed his clothes where ripped. His sleeves torn from the bottom where it showed the bandages. There was not much damage at his pants as there was only a few small torn rips. The bandages on his legs nearly reached up to his knees, covering the damage. His suit was pretty wrecked. Small holes and cuts around at the black and red fabric.

A flash of memory came back to him as he remembered when he received them. It was when he fell from the ship and into the forest. He growled at the thought of what happened. The thought of Morro and what he made him do.
He turned as he saw his possesser enter the room.

Morro walked in the room with a slight smirk. "How are feeling? Not too bad I hope."

Kai looked at him before tugging at the chains and attempting to use his powers at him but nothing happened.

Morro scoffed. "Not too bad from your reaction. I hate to fight a useless and pathetic weakling." He commented, receiving a more pissed off Kai.
"We'll see who's weak when these chains break and my fire burns you so bad it'll leave nasty markings at your dead body!" Kai hissed tugging at his chains more.

Morro looked down at the fire ninja with unamused look before smirking. "Good, you can show me that you mean it." He said with a cruel grin and snapped his fingers.

Kai looked at him with a confused expression before he felt his chains break half way and fell to the ground. Kai got up and quickly acted, putting up his hand at Morro to send flames to only have nothing happen.
Morro smirked. "Forgetting something?" He asked.

Kai noticed that the cuffs around his wrists were still there, blocking his elemental power. He growled and quickly threw a punch at him.

Morro quickly grabbed his wrist and tossed his at the wall behind him.
He quickly acted using his arms to prevent his body from fall against the wall. He glared at Morro. He noticed the door was right by him. As much as he wanted to make Morro pay. He needed to get out of here and get to the others.

Morro looked at him with smirk waiting for his next strike. What he didn't expect was Kai to run out the door. "Coward!" He growled as he went after him.

Kai huffed as he ran. His whole body felt tired and sore. But he needed to find a way out. He looked around trying to find a exit. He was stopped as there stood the soul archer across the hall.

The ghost quickly pulled out his bow and prepared to shoot a arrow at the ninja. "Going somewhere?" He asked.

Kai looked around quickly before seeing a window in the room to his left. He quickly ran towards it and broke through the old broken glass and skidded against the roof of the floor of the building before falling down and breaking his fall with a roll. He glanced up at the old building before running away from it. His arms starting to sting from breaking his fall. He searched around trying to figure out where he was.

There was lots of old and broken buildings around. Some of them nearly demolished.

He was stopped when ghosts came from every angle, circling his only paths out. The red ninja constantly searched around hoping for an opening but stopped when he saw Morro come in to the circle.

"I'm bit disappointed Kai." He said, walking to the red ninja before stopping a few feet from him. "And I thought you would show me better."
Kai scoffed. "I guess I just wanted to take this outside." He said as he got in fighting position.

Morro chuckled. "Should've said something." He replied. "Fair fight. No elements." The ghost told him with a smirk.

The two stood there for a while before Kai lounged a kick at him which Morro responded with a quick blocked with his arm. The fire ninja tried again. Trying to kick at him only to keep getting them blocked. Kai began getting tired of this as anger built inside.

Morro smirked as he saw the anger fueling inside him. "What's wrong? Too much for you?" He asked.

Kai growled before thinking again. He wasn't going to win this fight if he keeps letting Morro get to him. That's when an idea came to mind. Kai settled down and stood straight up. His expression changing from anger to calm.

Morro looked at him with confusion seeing him no longer in fighting position. "Are you really giving up that quickly?" He asked slightly annoyed.

Kai let out a fake yawn as he motion his hand over his mouth. "No, just.. I'm really finding this fight boring." Kai replied.

Morro looked at Kai in disbelief. He was just mad at him and now he's tired? This coming from the fire ninja? He looked at the ninja with pure annoyance as he clutched his fists. His expression dropped when he notice what he was doing. He was attempting to fight fire with fire. He scoffed and stood up straight. "Is that so? Then I guess you won't mind this.." he said and with a snap of his finger he launched Kai into the air with his wind from beneath him.

Kai yelped as he didn't expect this coming. He watched as Morro came at him, quickly kicking him in the gut and sending him backwards. Kai skidded and rolled when he landed against the ground. He covered his stomach with his hand, coughing from the hit. He looked down and noticed the cuffs had been damaged when he fell. He could use this to his advantage. If he could just hold on a little longer he could have an advantage on him. He'll just have to use his anger to fuel his strength and do what he can.
"I thought you said no elements!" Kai shouted.

"No powers to harm. I just gave you a little lift." Morro replied with a small smirk.

Kai got up to his feet before pain struck his body again. His wounds were going to be a problem in this fight. He huffed and looked up and glared at the wind ninja.

"Come on Kai, I don't have all day." He said impatiently.

Kai looked at him and looked at the surroundings and came up with an idea. "Alright." He said before running towards Morro.

Morro prepared for Kai to strike but right when he was ready to block. Kai jumped over him with a quick front flip and landed at the ground before looking back at Morro, signaling him a 'see ya.' Before running and jumping to the roof tops, avoiding the ghosts that tried to stop him.

Kai quickly ran across the roof tops as he looked for solutions he could use. He knew he wasn't going to be making it out of here even if he defeated Morro. He needed to find someone to help the others find him. That's when he spotted the lanterns. "Bingo." He could set a fire and the others would be sure to find him. As soon as he got to the closest string of lanterns, their lights went out as a strange wind appeared as Morro appeared on the rope.

"Going somewhere?" Morro asked with a pissed off look.

Kai looked at him and gave him a teasing smile. "No, just thought of making things more interesting." He said and quickly jumped down to the empty streets.

Morro looked down, watching the ninja run and growled before goring after him.

Kai quickly grabbed an old blacksmith sword that hung on a outside door of one of the buildings. He knew that the sword would do nothing to Morro as it was just plain old steel. But it'll help with cutting things much more faster.

Morro chased after him and saw what he was trying to do. "Clever.." He jumped and swung his legs around, causing a blast of wind to get rid of any light from the lighten objects.

Kai grunted when all his quickest options faded. Guess he'll have to try another plan. He quickly ran into one of the buildings, disappearing from Morro's sight.

Morro ran in the building he saw Kai enter. When he went inside he saw no sign of Kai. Morro looked around knowing Kai was still in the building because all the windows where blocked up from wood and he would've made a sound is he broke through one. "I know your in here. Come out and face me!" He ordered.

Kai watched Morro from below on what was left of what could've been the second floor. Now carrying two swords he quickly swung the blades at some old wood that held metal pots and other material, Causing them to crumble down on the now shocked ghost.

Morro turned as he saw the items fall on him and fell.

Kai smirked and quickly make his way out through a hole in a roof.

Morro growled as he quickly phased through the fallen items and pots. He glared at where it came from and saw Kai leave through the hole of the roof. "Get back here!"

Kai ran and ran. Hope lit up right as he came closer and closer to nearby lanterns and quickly cut the rope with the blades. He smiled as he saw the rope of lanterns fall to the ground. He turned right as he was quickly kicked from the back as Morro attacked him from behind. Kai let out a sound of pain as he fell on a old wooden cart. He grunted as he struggled to get up and saw the fire from inside the lanterns started to grow on to the near by wood and homes. but it wasn't enough. He quickly turned when he saw Morro coming at him, quickly rolling out of the way as Morro jumped down and got up.

Morro looked at the flames and shook his head. "So desperate." He said and swung his arm, summoning wind, dusting the fire away.

Kai watched as his work was once again destroyed. As soon as he looked at Morro. He was pushed to the ground with Morro's foot.

"You have lost, give up." Morro told him as he held him down.

Kai looked at his surrounds and spotted a spark of hope as he saw a near by firework shop. He weakly chuckled. "You're forgetting something." He said as his right hand lit with fire.

Morro looked in disbelief but saw that the cuffs that were once on Kai had broken off.

"Ninja never quite." He said and shout out a ball of fire at the direction of the building of fireworks.

Morro watched as he saw where the fire was heading. "NNOOooOO!!!" He put up his hand to summon his wind to stop the flame but it was too late.

As the fire hit the building. Sparks of fire and fireworks shot out into the sky.
Kai looked at his success with a weak and brief smile before getting pulled up from the ground from wind. He attempt to shoot fire again but he started having trouble with breathing as Morro wrapped his hands around his throat and shoved him to a wall.

"You just made a terrible mistake." He said with a ferocious look before it turned into a twisted smile. "Looks like we'll be seeing your friends very soon. And you'll get to watch consciences of your work will do to them." He threatened.

Kai tried gasping for air as he tried clawing his hands away from his throat, desperately trying to breath air. Slowly, his vision went black as the last thing he hears before blacking out was Morro's twisted laughter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.8K 349 23
An orphan girl who has no memory of her past, So she set out to find out who she is and what destiny lies along with her companions. To do that she...
8.9K 298 56
This story is about a girl ninja (y/n) who has wind powers. She's happy, she's living with her brother and other Ninjas in the bounty and everything...
27.9K 1K 31
(Takes place after Hands of Time and before Sons of Garmadon). Since Kai and Nya found out what happened to their parents, they feel whole. As for Co...
2.1K 87 19
Lloyd has been grieving the death of his father, leaving him in a vulnerable emotional state. And then someone appears who takes advantage of that in...