⚯͛ Sweet Caroline - Sirius Bl...

By AmberKingston

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .* Where it began, I can't begin to knowing But then I know it's growing strong Was... More

:)
-1-
-2-
-3-
-4-
-5-
-6-
-7-
-8-
-9-
-10-
-11-
-12-
-13-
- 14 -
-15-
-16-
-17-
-19-
-20-
-21-
-22-
-23-
-24-
-25-
-26-
-27-
-28-
-29-
-30-
-31-
-32-
-33-
-34-
-35-
-36-
-37-
-38-
-39-
-40-
-41-
-42-
-43-
-44-
-45-
-46-
-47-
-48-
-49-
-50-

-18-

1.5K 76 43
By AmberKingston

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

James walked into the dorm room and flopped on the bed like a discarded fish.

Yes, exactly like that.

"Uhh..." Remus exchanged a look with the other two boys and bit back a laugh, "what's wrong, mate?"

"It's Lily."

"What about her?"

"She's just so...so...ugh," and he rolled off his bed onto the floor, making a loud thud, "ow."

"You good?" Sirius asked.

"Yes...just leave me here to die...there's no point living if I can't marry Lily Evans."

"You haven't asked her out in a while," Remus remarked, as if it was impressive (which really, it was).

"I know, it's been torture," James sighed melodramatically.

Sirius snorted and turned back to his guitar, playing the same little thing he had been playing for days.

"What is that?" James asked from the floor.

"Not sure, I just like it," Sirius murmured.

"I liked it too, for the first month," Remus said, not looking up from his textbook.

"I know, I need to find something new to play..."

"What about turning it into a song?"

Sirius raised an eyebrow at Peter, "a song?"

"Yeah, you know, with words..."

"Huh," Sirius nodded thoughtfully, before looking back at his guitar, "I could do that."

"Words?" Remus raised a brow, "can you even write?"

"Oh shut up."

"What about singing, can you sing? I've never heard you," James said.

"Umm, of course I can? Have you seen me? I'm like...already a rockstar."

"Yeah, like Van Halen but shorter," Remus snorted.

"Oi," Sirius threw a pillow at him. "You're on thin ice, Lupin, real thin ice."

Remus caught it and threw it back with a grin on his face before looking back at his textbook and turning over the page, completely unbothered.

"Excuse me, I'm a werewolf and you're just a little dog," Remus said quietly, beginning to read again, "I'd crush you like an ant."

The guys all laughed, even Sirius, just out of shock since Remus didn't normally joke about his condition. It was nice to see he was starting to be able to take himself less seriously. It's what they all did.

"Wonder what I'd write about," Sirius murmured after a moment, staring at the guitar in his hands.

"A girl?" James suggested, "I know I'd write about Lily."

"I don't know...I don't think I really have a girl in mind."

"Aren't you dating Davies from Ravenclaw?" Peter asked as he got up to look under his bed for something.

"Oh," Sirius raised his eyebrows, "yes, I forgot."

Remus laughed loudly then, rolling his eyes at Sirius.

"Oi, what you laughing at?" Sirius asked with a smirk, "at least I have a girlfriend."

"How do you know I don't have a girlfriend?" Remus asked with a knowing glint in his eye.

Sirius' smirked widened and he winked at Remus. They both knew that Remus did indeed have a girlfriend, a blonde Slytherin that they were trying to keep a secret. Sirius had just found out about her, and he loved knowing something that James didn't.

"I thought-" Peter began, but stopped as Remus shot him a look, "nevermind."

"Nah, if Remus was to date anyone I bet it'd be someone like Rutherford," James said, crawling back onto his bed and laying his head on the pillow.

Sirius felt his grip on the neck of his guitar tighten at that name, the thought of Caroline popping into his head. Her intelligence, her naivety, the shape of her face, her lips. She was just such a sweet...sweet creature. Sweet Caroline. She was someone he wanted to talk to more.

He made a thoughtful noise to himself, apparently he liked Rutherford more than he thought he did.

"Rutherford?" Remus asked, amusement tugging at the corners of his mouth as he looked over at a clueless James, "why? Because we're both smart?"

"Mm, and probably gonna be Head Boy and Girl next year, the way shit's going," James said.

Sirius wondered what Caroline's hair felt like. It was just this dark mane of curls, shiny and perfect, like the rest of her. And he wondered what it would be like to really look at her, her brown eyes, more than just little glances in conversation and in passing.

He began to play his guitar again.

"You know prefects don't always become Head Boy or Girl," Remus said, "you never know, even Pete could end up being Head Boy."

"I don't think I'd be good at that," Peter said, making James chuckle.

"None of us would be," Sirius murmured, mainly focused on the strings humming under his fingers.

Caroline wouldn't be a good Head Girl either, Sirius thought. He knew she wouldn't. And it wasn't a bad thing, just a reflection on her character. She would never be one for giving speeches, for being a confident leader, for being compassionate to the masses. It just wasn't her. She was meant for much bigger things than school leadership.

"But oh, sweet creature," he began to sing lightly, causing the boys to all look at him, "sweet creature, wherever I go..."

He changed the chord.

"...you'll bring me home..."

He thought about it and played the chord pattern again, not even realising how the boys in the dorm had all stopped.

"Sweet creature, sweet creature," he sang again, as if it was a melody created years ago, already bottled up in his head, waiting to be let out, "when I run out of road..."

He looked at the strings, thinking of the next line. But it was easy. It felt right.

"You bring me home..."

He strummed an outro on the guitar for a few more moments before stopping and looking up.

"That was really nice," James said quietly.

"Oh," Sirius looked surprised, "really?"

"Yeah, mate."

"Well...cheers," he nodded, clearing his throat as his cheeks heated up a bit, "don't know what came over me really."

"It was great," Peter said.

"The words make it better," Remus added, smiling kindly at the boy who suddenly looked very embarrassed.

Where had that come from? What had caused him to do that?

A realisation hit him and he thought one thing: he probably had to break up with Sarah Davies.

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. .**.☽ .*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 574 28
Florence has never had so much trouble going unnoticed. ★彡---------------------------- No update schedule, this is just for fun!
821K 20K 116
𝓛𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓤𝓹 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓓𝓪𝓻𝓴𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓜𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓪 𝓐𝓶𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓪 𝓓𝓮 𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓵. The brightest and sweetest witch in her year. She could neve...
80.2K 890 60
What happened during the Marauder Era. Disclaimer: there a little bit of cursing , innuendos, and all around not appropriateness. This is also my fir...
1.8K 11 45
~June 17, 2021- Present~ Hello! This is my first time writing Y/n so please be nice lol. With that said some things, you should know if you don't alr...