The Golden Pear [YA - Feature...

By Witto150

When Freya Inuhakka, a burn survivor, receives a pear enchanted to give her either beauty, wisdom, or power... More

♫~Author's Notes~♫
♫~Notes 01~♫
♫~Notes 02~♫
♫~Notes 03~♫
♫~Notes 04~♫
♫~Notes 05~♫
♫~Notes 06~♫
♫~Notes 07~♫
♫~Notes 08~♫
♫~Notes 09~♫
♫~Notes 10~♫
♫~Notes 11~♫
♫~Notes 12~♫
♫~Notes 13~♫
♫~Notes 14~♫
♫~Notes 15~♫
♫~Notes 16~♫
♫~Notes 17~♫
♫~Notes 18~♫
♫~Notes 19~♫
♫~Notes 20~♫
♫~Notes 21~♫
♫~Notes 22~♫
♫~Notes 23~♫
♫~Notes 24~♫
♫~Notes 25~♫
♫~Notes 26~♫
♫~Notes 27~♫
♫~Notes 28~♫
♫~Notes 29~♫
♫~Notes 30~♫
♫~Notes 31~♫
♫~Notes 32~♫
♫~Notes 33~♫
♫~Notes 34~♫
♫~Notes 35~♫
♫~Notes 36~♫
♫~Notes 37~♫
♫~Notes 38~♫
♫~Notes 39~♫
♫~Notes 40~♫
♫~Notes 41~♫
♫~Notes 42~♫
♫~Notes 43~♫
♫~Notes 44~♫
♫~Notes 45~♫
♫~Notes 46~♫
♫~Notes 47~♫
♫~Notes 48~♫
♫~Notes 49~♫
♫~Notes 50~♫
♫~Omake~♫
♫~Notes 51~♫
♫~Notes 52~♫
♫~Notes 53~♫
♫~Notes 54~♫
♫~Notes 55~♫
♫~Notes 56~♫
♫~Notes 57~♫
♫~Notes 58~♫
♫~Notes 59~♫
♫~Notes 60~♫
♫~Notes 61~♫
♫~Notes 62~♫
♫~Notes 63~♫
♫~Notes 64~♫
♫~Notes 65~♫
♫~Notes 66~♫
♫~Notes 67~♫
♫~Notes 68~♫
♫~Notes 69~♫
♫~Notes 70~♫
♫~Notes 71~♫
♫~Notes 72~♫
♫~Notes 73~♫
♫~Notes 74~♫
♫~Notes 75~♫
♫~Notes 76~♫
♫~Notes 77~♫
♫~Notes 78~♫
♫~Notes 79~♫
♫~Notes 80~♫
♫~Notes 81~♫
♫~Notes 82~♫
♫~Notes 83~♫
♫~Notes 84~♫
♫~Notes 85~♫
♫~Notes 86~♫
♫~Notes 87~♫
♫~Notes 88~♫
♫~Notes 89~♫
♫~Notes 90~♫
♫~Notes 91~♫
♫~Notes 92~♫
♫~Notes 93~♫
♫~Notes 94~♫
♫~Notes 95~♫
♫~Notes 96~♫
♫~Notes 97~♫
♫~Notes 98~♫
♫~Notes 99~♫
♫~Notes 100~♫
♫~Notes 101~♫
♫~Notes 102~♫
♫~Notes 103~♫
♫~Notes 104~♫
♫~Notes 105~♫
♫~Notes 106~♫
♫~Notes 107~♫
♫~Notes 108~♫
♫~Notes 109~♫
♫~Notes 110~♫
♫~Notes 111~♫
♫~Notes 112~♫
♫~Notes 113~♫
♫~Notes 114~♫
♫~Notes 115~♫
♫~Notes 116~♫
♫~Notes 117~♫
♫~Notes 118~♫
♫~Notes 119~♫
♫~Notes 120~♫
♫~Notes 121~♫
♫~Notes 122~♫
♫~Notes 123~♫
♫~Notes 124~♫
♫~Notes 125~♫
♫~Notes 127~♫
♫~Notes 128~♫
♫~Notes 129~♫
♫~Notes 130~♫
♫~Notes 131~♫
♫~Notes 132~♫
♫~Notes 133~♫
♫~Notes 134~♫
♫~Notes 135~♫
♫~Notes 136~♫
♫~Notes 137~♫
♫~Notes 138~♫
♫~Notes 139~♫
♫~Notes 140~♫
♫~Notes 141~♫
♫~Notes 142~♫
♫~Notes 143~♫
♫~Notes 144~♫
♫~Notes 145~♫
♫~Notes 146~♫
♫~Notes 147~♫
♫~Notes 148~♫
♫~Notes 149~♫
♫~Notes 150~♫
♫~Notes 151~♫
♫~AfterNote~♫
♫~Thank You~♫

♫~Notes 126~♫

10 3 0
By Witto150

 'I'm so melting!' Aiyoku groaned in his mind as he put all the puzzle pieces together. "This sure was unexpected. I wonder how I can tell it to Ri." He sat down the podium they had built.

"Tell me what?" his older brother asked, sitting nearby and checking papers with small illustrations.

"What?" He collapsed on the side, almost rolling down the podium. If Aiyoku had his old hair, it would bristle. "You gave me almost a heart attack!" He grasped his drenched shirt, taking a few deep breaths.

"I didn't mean to. I thought you noticed me." The oldest brother pushed up his glasses, trying to mask the embarrassment.

"No worries." Aiyoku got up. "I was just lost in thoughts." He got up, convincing his muscles to work for him before taking back his place.

"So, what you wanted to tell me?"

Aiyoku needed a few minutes to think about how to phrase his request. "Do you remember how our dad told us to give a second chance?"

"Yes, and the answer is no."

Aiyoku's hand slipped down his knee. "How do you know what I want to ask for?"

"Simple." He pushed back his glasses. "Second chance is for somebody who did wrong towards you or messed something up. Taking into account your personality, my best bet is you are thinking of letting Ueno get closer to us once more." He shot his younger brother a strict look.

"I'm sure you didn't forget what she did or tried to," Rigaku reminded.

"Of course not, I'm just thinking... it would be unfair."

"Unfair?" Rigaku turned his way. "How so?"

"Because then we shouldn't deserve the second chance Freya-chan gave us."

Rigaku's eyes widened as his younger brother hit the head of the nail. "True, but you are comparing apples and oranges here."

"It's about the principle." Aiyoku pressed. "Wouldn't it make us hypocritical?"

His nose under the glasses wrinkled as Rigaku crunched the info. As much as he disliked Ueno, he almost despised for his brother to speak the truth. Denying the second chance to others, when they received it, would leave a sour taste in his mouth.

"I'll give it a—"

"Hey!" Kagetsu shouted from the top of his lungs, and a new wave of sweat grew on Aiyoku just from seeing his bouncing younger sibling.

How he could be full of energy in this blood-boiling weather was beyond him.

"Look what we got!" Kagetsu showed the box between them, with Freya a step behind him. "Those are from Cat Coffee! They are trying the Star-wich, as you suggested!"

Aiyoku almost grabbed one, but Kagetsu slashed his hands away. "Wash your hands first!"

"Just one! I'm starving!"

"No! You are all dirty!"

"Why you!" Aiyoku pounced at his sibling, but Kagetsu escaped him with ease.

"Don't touch me, yucky bro!"

"Don't call me yucky!"

The duo ran in the circles, bringing amusement wherever they ventured. The smile on Rigaku's face didn't last for long.

'Giving Ueno-san a second chance?' He bit his lips from inside. 'What could have inspired Ai to have such a thought?' His gaze shifted to Freya. 'Would she be alright with it? It's not us who were bullied.'

Her eyes locked with his, and for a moment, he was measuring her like a hungry eagle. Too late, he snapped his head away red like a tomato. 'Baka! Don't stare!'

Freya giggled, deepening the shade of red on his face.

'But it's just like Aiyoku is saying. It would make us hollow. Maybe I can question her tomorrow? No.' He shifted into deep brain mode, entwining his fingers and resting his chin. 'She would just pretend and present me lies. I need to watch her undetected.'

His brothers returned, drenched in sweat, and hungrier than ever before.

'Wouldn't that make me a pervert? It's not like I'm interested in her or anything. It's for a good cause and...' His mood sank low.

Later, that evening they all took a much-needed shower and munched on the sandwiches. The discussion about the shape and form of special tickets for visitors to earn filled most of the evening.

Kagetsu suggested having a box at the entrance with a bunch of them for people to pick at random. That would invite them to explore the Fest and thus starting their journey.

Only before they tucked into the sleeping bags, Rigaku had time to remember Aiyoku's words. 'How should I approach this?' His eyelids turned too heavy to continue thinking he had fallen asleep within seconds.

\\_(''>_<'')_//

The next day turned especially busy. They needed to make sure the roof would hold, shielding the animals and people from the sun. The weather forecast remained cruel, promising mostly clear sky.

By noon, everybody wished for shade, and the tools returned into the boxes as the heat was unbearable. This much-needed pause gave Rigaku a bit of time to think how he should approach Ueno, and how to ask Freya if she was alright with it.

The brief thought of Freya and Ueno already being friends pushed his mind into a wacky spiral of imagination. He couldn't see it working considering their past, but it made a perfect sense.

Freya was too kind to everybody. The entire school shooed her away, but she didn't turn her back to anybody who asked for help now. She replied with smiles and nods, listening to them and offering her insight.

Not to mention she didn't rant about others hurting her in the past. Wherever Rigaku opened this topic, she waved her hand and shrugged her shoulders.

Her inability to talk didn't constrict her ability to make bonds. It was her bubbly nature and kindness that opened the hearts of others.

'That's something I should know firsthand.' He shook his head, feeling nostalgic.

However, there was so much he needed to do as there were only a few days for him to find a designing company to make the tickets.

'Actually...' He grinned like a sly devil he turned into. Taking his phone, he dialed Nihil's number.

"Yo, what's app?" came from the other side, and Rigaku caught one of many puns Nihil made.

"Konnichiwa, I was wondering if you would have a bit of time. I remember you telling me you are good with graphics."

"Yeah, nothing too complicated, though."

"That's good enough. Say, would you be able to digitize sale tickets for our Summer Fest?"

Nihil scratched on his growing beard. "I can try it. When you need them?"

"Well..." Rigaku trailed a bit off. "As soon as possible. The Fest is this weekend, and we got this idea yesterday."

The silence on the other side couldn't mean anything good. "Did I ever tell you you can be a freaking slave-driver?" A chuckle came at the end.

"Sumimasen, it started small, but it grew as more people heard about it. It helps to promote other stalls and adds exploration for visitors."

"Send them to me, and I'll try to have them ready by the evening."

"Arigatou, you are a lifesaver."

"Uh... No prob," Nihil stuttered a bit as Rigaku used informal thank you, one he hadn't heard in years. "See you this evening."

Rigaku ended the call with a smile, took the needed photos, and sent them to Nihil. 'I wonder if there is anything I can send him as a thank you.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 6.4K 46
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
57.6K 123 9
A Webnovel contracted series. 🌹 With a Book Rating of 4.9/ 5 stars! 🌹 With privileged Webnovel chapters! 🌹 With over 90 chapters on Webnovel. 🌹 C...
597K 31.9K 115
Ever heard of the woman who suddenly appeared in a world filled with beastmen? You know, the place of walking hunky men showing off their bodies, ear...
13.4K 612 32
Y/N.17 years old. Villain?or angel?Mysterious girl. what will happen when she'll meet police officer Jeon Jungkook?one of the best officer in departm...