I Did Want Independence, But...

Oleh MochineNyan

An OC dies and is reincarnated into the world of Hunter x Hunter with a game system. Story will follow a mix... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 9

2.1K 123 67
Oleh MochineNyan

Everyone is back on the airship and is preparing for what to come. I stood with Leorio, Kurapika and Gon, "Good job on passing guys! I knew you could do it!" I smile. Leorio's face suddenly turns serious.

"Thanks but... I was pathetic..." Leorio scratches the back of his head, "I needed Kurapika's and Gon's help during the Fourth Phase." he pulls a determined face, "I promise I'll return the favour." but then he flushes and looks away, "So... Thanks, you two." We smile at him, and I pat his back.

The intercom on the ship starts up, "I have an announcement for all applicants." We turn our attention to the speakers, "We would like everyone to come to the meeting room for further instructions." At this, we all look at each other. Nodding, we walk together to the meeting room.

We arrive at the meeting room with the other applicants, and a few minutes later, the Examiners file into the room. Netero coughs, "First, I'd like to commend you on your hard work. The ten of you here make up all who passed the Fourth Phase, though I'm a little surprised to discover that seven out of the ten are rookies." He smiles, "This year has been extraordinary!" he exclaims laughing.

Netero continues, "On average, one rookie passes the Hunter Exam every three years or so, but there's something like a cycle to these things. After about ten years or so with no one passing... suddenly there's a year like this one where we have so many talented young applicants!"

"So that makes us the talented young applicants!" Leorio chuckles.

Kurapika side-eyes him and says, "You shouldn't say that yourself. For one thing, we haven't exactly passed the Exam yet."

"There's nothing to be nervous about." Hanzo interjects, "We've made it this far; we've just as good as passed this thing. I mean, after all, this is the Final Phase, you know. And if we manage to pass it, then we will become members of the elite society of Hunters." Hanzo leans in and smirks, "Isn't that right, Mr. Chairman?"

With a deadpan face, Netero replies, "Gee, you sure talk a lot for a ninja. The Final Phase will take place in three day's time at the Hunter Association Hotel. Until then, I suggest you try and get some rest." With that, the examiners start filing out of the room.

"Just one question, what's the Final Phase gonna be?" Leorio asks.

Waving a finger in the air, Netero cheekily replies, "It's... a... secret!"

"What the..." Leorio retorts as Netero laughs.

"Ohoho, gives you guys something to look forward to!" Netero shouts from outside of the room.

Evening comes, and the lights turn on. Most of us sit around in a circle, Hisoka is making a card tower at the side, and Illumi is in the corner. Hanzo makes conversation, "Last time we were on this airship, it was completely packed. Now with only nine of us on board, it sure feels empty."

"What that old man Netero was saying before, I sure don't like the sound of it... I wonder what he's got in store for us." Leorio states, vigilant.

Kurapika replies, "At this stage, there's no use worrying about stuff like that."

Groaning, Leorio gripes, "Uwah! Would you stop being such a downer? Everyone here is all tense, so the least you could do is lighten the mood."

"O-oh... I didn't realise." taken aback, Kurapika replies and scans everyone sitting in the circle.

Leorio looks down, closing his eyes, "Besides, we've all worked so hard to get this far. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all pass together?"

Crossing his arms and chuckling, "That's unlike you." Killua remarks.

"What did you say?"

Killua says in a teasing voice, "Back when we were in Trick Tower, you said you would do anything to pass the test, even if it meant fighting your friends."

"So what? That was then, this is now!" Leorio flusters.

"In any case, it's pointless for us rookies to speculate. How about we just ask someone who's gone through it already?" Hanzo suggests.

Kurapika agrees along with Leorio. They both look at Pokkle, who waves his arms in the air saying that he failed the Fourth Phase three years ago. Hanzo grumbles, at this with Pokkle retorting. Everyone eventually turns to Bodoro, prompted by Kurapika, but it turns out he failed the First Phase last time. "However, I think I can predict the topic for our final test." Bodoro starts.

Leorio waves his arm and says doubtfully, "Yeah, like hell you can."

"Anyway, listen. If you think back to what the tests were about so far, you'll probably arrive at the same conclusion as me." Bodoro continues, nonplussed. He then goes on to describe each Phase, explaining what they were testing. Most of us lean in, anticipating his prediction for the Final Phase.

Bodoro opens his eyes thoughtfully, concluding that essentially, Final Phase will be a paper test. At this, everyone gives an exclamation of shock, Pokkle making The Scream pose. Hisoka's cards fall over. Kurapika, a voice of consideration. I blink, trying to hold my laughs in.

"We've come all this way... for a written exam?" Leorio stutters in disbelief. I start giggling uncontrollably, holding my stomach and covering my mouth.

Everyone looks at me, "I-I'm sorry, everyone's faces... it's too much - hahaha."

Gon comments sheepishly, "Lia, you sure do laugh easily in these situations, huh?"

"Pokkle looked the most funny." I state seriously, before going back to giggling.

"What is this conversation..." Killua deadpans, sweat dropping.

Kurapika puts a hand to his chin after giving me an exasperated smile, "Certainly as a Hunter, one might encounter a situation that requires expert knowledge in a variety of subjects like history or biology."

"Y-you're right. A thorough exam should address both physical and academic ability." Hanzo considers while sweating.

Leorio facepalms, "This really sucks! Didn't think they would leave the toughest one for me in the end."

"I haven't done any studying in years!" Pokkle panics, pulling his hair.

I was hiding a smile behind my mouth, finding their predicament amusing. Killua and Gon seem indifferent to the problem though.

"I know!" Hanzo blurts, "There's a library... right on this airship!" At this, the majority of us ran to the library, I just walked behind them.

I overheard Bodoro's comment, "Well, I really had no idea and was just talking nonsense, but..." He looks up and puts a hand to his chin and shouts, "Oh, well!"

"Is that so?" Hisoka nonchalantly comments in the background.

"Pfft!" I look away, shoulders shaking.

.:~*~:.

Gon looks out of the window, staring at the sunset. Kurapika calls out to him, "What's the matter? Aren't you going to study?"

He swivels his head towards Kurapika, "I don't think a little studying at this point would do me any good. I'm not very good at using my head anyway." Gon laughs sheepishly.

Kurapika remarks, "I guess we are all good at doing our own things. Killua and Lia are taking a break in the cafeteria."

"I see." Gon looks out of the window again.

Putting a hand on the railing, Kurapika says solemnly, "Gon..."

"Hm?"

"During the Fourth Phase... What exactly happened?" There's a pause, and Kurapika clarifies, "When we met up, I noticed you were acting a little strange. And you've been somewhat subdued since we left Zevil Island. It stuck with me."

Gon starts, "You know, my target was Hisoka..."

"I see... What terrible luck." Kurapika says with sympathy.

"I waited for the second he let his guard down, and snagged his badge at once. But someone else was tailing me too, and he got me with a poisoned dart. My badge was taken just like that." Gon explains joylessly, "And later, Hisoka came looking for me. He gave my badge back to me. And he intentionally left his own badge with me. He said that I owed him now." a pause, "When I told him I didn't want it... he sent me flying. And then... Lia came and helped me."

"Lia?" Kurapika asks curiously.

Gon's shoulders shake, "Yes... She helped by treating me and keeping me company. I was so angry with myself, and mortified that I couldn't do anything about Hisoka." Tears of frustration stream down Gon's face as he grits his teeth. After a few seconds, he wipes them furiously with his arm, "After that... I felt so wretched and miserable... I felt my power was far from what it takes. I felt pathetic passing the Exam like that... I guess I wanted at least to be of help to someone else, like Lia was for me. And that's why I came looking for you and Leorio."

Kurapika acknowledges him, "I see..."

"Thanks a lot. I feel better now that I've got that off my chest." Gon says a bit more cheerfully.

"That frustration and lack of confidence... If you want to get over the way you felt, you have to become a Hunter. It's something you said yourself before."

"Yeah."

"Leorio and I would never have made it this far... without your help. And for that, I'm truly grateful." Kurapika looks at Gon sincerely.

Eyes shining, Gon exclaims, "So am I, of course!"

"Let's both become Hunters together, Gon!" Kurapika encourages.

"Yeah. I'd also like to say thank you, Kurapika." Gon says brightly.

.:~*~:.

Simultaneously... Leorio, Hanzo and Pokkle are cramming for the supposed paper test. While Lia relaxed and had tea with Killua, waiting for the announcement of the interview. Soon after, Hisoka is called up. "When your number is called, please come to the first reception room, on the second floor. Then we will start with #44, Hisoka-sama."

"Killua, let's go wait at the Chairman's office~" Lia suggests, smiling.

Killua looks at Lia and agrees, "Sounds good." and nonchalantly jumps on his feet, seeing this, Lia strolls off to the office alongside him.

Netero greets Hisoka as he walks in, telling him to take a seat. The jester, with a snide smile, inquires whether this was the Final Phase, and Netero answers cryptically. Hisoka's smile widens dangerously and takes a seat on the cushion.

First off, the old man asks him why he wanted to be a Hunter, and in response, Hisoka says he wasn't particularly interested in being a Hunter, but darkly remarks that Hunters aren't punished for killing.

Netero made no reaction to this, acting like Hisoka was just talking about the weather. "I see. Then I'll move on to the next question. Which of the other eight applicants are you keeping an eye on?" he strokes his beard.

The clown answers, "#11 and #99."

"Ah..." Netero hums.

Hisoka continues, "#405 is also on my radar, but it's #11 and #99 I'm keeping an eye on. I would love to take #99 on one day." his voice lowers maliciously, "while the one I most want to fight is #11." he murmurs, chuckling.

Taking this in stride, Netero asks the next question, "One last question. Which of the other eight applicants would you least want to fight?"

"That would be #405. Though #99 is also up there." Hisoka puts a hand to his chin like he was choosing candy at a sweets store. "If you're asking whom I least want to fight at this moment, my answer would be #405."

"Ah, I understand."

A shadow falls on Hisoka's face as he smiles, "I should mention that the one I most want to fight at this moment is you."

Netero is nonplussed, looking at the sheet, "Yep, nice job. You're excused." prompting Hisoka to leave the room.

The announcement for Lia comes up next, and she waves a peace sign at Killua before skipping to the office. Killua watches her, amused, as she completely ignores Hisoka looking at her creepily, licking his lips. She opens the door after knocking.

Lia is prompted by Netero to take a seat, and she sits in a seiza position on the pillow. The first question is asked, she looks up, humming, "Mmm, I'm watching #405. #99, #403 and #404 for positive reasons, while for negative it is #44 and #301."

"Who do you least want to fight?"

She crosses her arms and tilts her head, "As for who I least want to fight, I don't really mind, but I would like to avoid fighting the people I'm watching for positive reasons, #405 especially."

Netero hums, his expression not giving any thoughts away, "That's everything, thank you for your time."

Smiling, Lia answers, "Sure, cya~" and with a small bow, she strolls out of the door.

Pokkle

"I'm watching out for #404 and #11. They both seem to be the most balanced applicant left. His face turns serious, "I definitely don't want to fight #44 and #11. To be honest, I doubt I can beat them."

Killua

He answers confidently, "Has to be Gon, since we're the same age and Lia." Killua looks up, "I don't want to fight #53. I don't think it'd be a very interesting fight."

Bodoro

"I've got my eye on #44. He has real presence. #405, #99 and #11 are still children. I couldn't bring myself to fight them."

Illumi/Gittarackur

Illumi answers efficiently, joints creaking, "#99. #44."

Gon

"Who am I watching out for? #44, Hisoka. A lot's happened, so I've been watching him." Gon sheepishly answers the second question, "I can't choose one out of #99, #11, #403, and #404."

Hanzo

"It has to be #44. He's the most dangerous one here, oh and #11. And #44 is the one I least want to fight."

Kurapika

"I'm watching #405 for positive reasons, and #44 for negative reasons. If I'm given ample reason, I'll fight anyone. If not, I would prefer not to fight anyone."

Leorio

"#405. I owe him, and I hope that he passes the Exam. So I'm hoping I don't have to fight #405."

After all the interviews were conducted, Netero hummed to himself, slightly amused by the skewed results.

.:~*~:.

A few days later, we all arrive at the location where the Final Phase is being taken. Everyone stands to attention in the room, watching Netero. "Well, lady and gentlemen. Did you get plenty of rest? This hotel is owned by the Hunter Exam Selection Committee. The place is all yours until the battles have concluded." A member of staff wheels a covered whiteboard into the room, "For the Final Phase, we will be holding a one-on-one tournament." At this, Netero unveils the board.

There are various exclamations at what was on the board, Leorio asks, "So only the last person standing passes?"

"No." Netero holds up a finger, "One win is all you need to pass."

Gon questions, "One win?"

"Then, in this tournament..." Leorio mutters.

The Chairman explains, "The winners are removed from competition, while the losers continue up the bracket." he points his index finger at the top of the board, "In other words, the person who finishes at the top will not pass." Netero clarifies, "Does everyone understand now?"

"So you're saying that only one person will fail." Hanzo says, understanding.

"Exactly." With this, everyone is silent, understanding the situation. Seeing this, Netero unveils the bracket. I take a look at it, and it seems I'm going to be fighting Hisoka after Kurapika. I've been placed pretty high since I have four chances. "Impressive, right? After all, everyone has at least two chances to win." Netero says nonchalantly.

There is some fuss about how the bracket came to be. So in result, Netero explained that it is based on our performance in the Exam. Killua has a problem with this though and asked how we were scored.

Netero thought for a moment, "No!" he comically yelled, shaking his head. I covered my mouth and looked away.

"Why not?" Killua protested, slightly shaken at the flamboyant refusal.

The old man explained that it is classified information on how we are scored, but they take into account our physical and mental strength as well as our overall impression. This was only a reference point, though since we were all strong enough to be in the Final Phase. In other words, the overall impression was what they were most concerned with. There was also the fact that everyone's opinion is taken into account.

I likely ranked lower since I wasn't really going to go out and Hunt something in particular, plus, I wasn't that selfish, which seems to be a trait in every aspiring hunter. Shrugging in my mind, I look to Killua who is gritting his teeth. Yawning, I pat his shoulder, getting his attention. "It can also mean that you'll need less help with passing this." I whisper encouragingly. Hearing this, he gives me a smug smile. Netero explains the rules, and the Final Phase starts.

Hanzo cracks his wrists and Gon ties his shoelaces, "Then, we shall begin the Exam's Final Phase. The first match is Hanzo versus Gon. Please step forward." The two walk to the designated area and look at each other, the atmosphere tense.

The referee introduces himself and wishes the two luck, but is interrupted by Hanzo. "Hey, good to see you again. You were tailing me during the Fourth Phase." he greets.

"You noticed?" The referee stated.

"Naturally... I'm assuming that each applicant was assigned an examiner for the Fourth Phase. Well, I'm sure everyone else noticed." This throws some people off, and Hanzo thanks the referee for giving him a high score.

After confirming the rules with the referee, the match starts. Like in the show, Gon gets beat up. I don't look away from the beating, clenching my fist. When Leorio loudly protests, I side-eye him and Kurapika. "I don't think Gon will give up, he's too stubborn." crossing my arms, I close my eyes, "This is Gon's fight, so I will believe in him." with my words, they look at me. I stared back at both of them. The expression in my eyes seemed to calm them down, but the beating continued for three more hours.

Leorio couldn't take it anymore, shouting angrily, but was stopped by the other referees. Gon reassures him, and soon after, Hanzo breaks his arm. I look on, my eyes unwavering. Leorio grits his teeth, shaking, and Kurapika's eyes turn scarlet. The ninja starts to do a one-finger handstand, talking about his background. Gon launches a surprise attack, kicking his face.

Leorio starts cheering, "Yes! Gon, go! Kick him while he's down!" Kurapika and I share a look and smile, exasperatedly at him.

With blood running from his nose, Hanzo states with a straight face, "I let you kick me on purpose."

"Liar!" Leorio points, hollering. It was ignored, though I did chuckle.

The ninja threatens, "You don't understand... This isn't a warning. It's an ultimatum. Was it too hard for you to understand? Then I'll make it easier for you." He draws out his hidden blade from his bandages, "I'll cut off your legs, so that they can't be reattached." Hanzo makes a few test swings, "A permanent injury should help to wake you up. But first, I'll ask you once more." He glares at Gon, "Surrender."

Gon shouts his refusal, "I won't accept that!" everyone freezes, "I don't want my legs cut off, but I don't want to surrender. So let's find a different way to fight!"

"Hey... Do you understand your own situation?!" Hanzo shouts, fuming. Quite literally at that. The dark atmosphere in the room brightens, I start giggling. Faced with Gon's stubbornness and being taken at Gon's pace, he threatens him one last time, before surrendering by himself. Gon, not satisfied with the result, earns himself a punch in the face again– courtesy of Hanzo. He is knocked out and taken away to get treatment. Hanzo confirms with Netero that Gon will not be able to give back his license and goes back on the sidelines.

The next match is with Kurapika and Hisoka. The Kurta draws his sword in preparation while Hisoka plays with his cards. They take a few swings at each other, and both dodge each other's attacks with inches to spare. A few moments later, Hisoka breaks one of Kurapika's swords, and the match starts going in Hisoka's favour.

However, Kurapika manages to counter Hisoka's card throw by catching and throwing it back, following up with a hit to the gut with the pommel of his sword. Kurapika quickly retreats, and the clown's bloodlust spikes. Hisoka seems to calm down and walks up to Kurapika. He leans down to whisper something to him, before surrendering the match. It is Kurapika's win.

Next is Hanzo vs Pokkle. Pokkle is quickly outmatched and concedes when Hanzo threatens to not go easy on him, facing the same situation as Gon did. Afterwards, it is Hisoka against me. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, stretching a little to loosen my muscles. I pull off the section which sheathes my sword from my backpack. My sword is still sheathed, I take it with me to the match area. Facing Hisoka, who is smiling in anticipation, I take my stance. I stare him down like I do when facing boss monsters in dungeons, this excites Hisoka, and his bloodlust once again permeates the room. Narrowing my eyes, I hear a vague, "Begin!" before launching off at Hisoka. I think I heard a Spanish guitar for a moment, though.

I unsheathe my sword in one motion, throwing away the sheath and cutting through Hisoka's cards. Reaching Hisoka quickly, I slash upwards, the cut tears his shirt a little as he dodged backwards. Hisoka's eyes roll to the back of his head, groaning. I use Gyo, taking the time to assess the situation, he attached his nen to my leg and my sword.

Before he could recover, I pounce, pivoting behind him, before attempting to stab him. My sword was flung out of my hands, and he used it with his nen to counter. A few strands of my hair is cut as I dodged the blade coming at my face– the sword is lodged in the ceiling. My face stony, I engaged in hand to hand combat, getting a few hits in. Hisoka is as fast as me, though, and I couldn't avoid getting hit and slashed by his cards. I am bleeding quite a bit, and my blood painted the floor. I keep the fight as fundamentally simple as possible, sticking to punching and kicking, so he won't get the chance to trick me with his Bungee Gum.

Suddenly, I was knocked off balance, but anticipating this and before he could grab me, I used the momentum to land a roundhouse kick to his face– still spinning, I knocked him off his feet. Straddling him, I took out a knife hidden on me in one motion and brought it to his throat, panting. "Surrender." I demand. Even if his arms are still free, I can sense when he will attack, so I'm not too worried. We were both equally beat up, and I am slightly dizzy from blood loss. Hisoka, the bloodthirsty Joker that he is, is in euphoria. I carefully control my expression, so it doesn't look like Tanjiro when he meets Zenitsu. If I feel something ominous on my back, I won't say anything.

Leorio shouts something in concern and... disgust? Along with everyone in the room, but I am entirely focused on Hisoka, who had his eyes rolled back again. I can't afford to lose concentration because of my state right now. If I knew something like this would happen... I wouldn't have chosen to straddle him. I pepe hands in my head, this is too awkward. Eventually, his bloodthirst calms down, and his eyes come back. He probably remembered that this isn't a deathmatch– though he probably wouldn't care about that in the first place. Maybe he wants to fight me another time. I hit the nail on the head though, and he surrenders, voice tinted in ecstasy.

I get off him and stand up, looking at the sword lodged in the ceiling, I apologise to Netero about it and walk back to the audience. Pulling a peace sign, I smile. "I won." I state proudly. Leorio is hugely concerned though, and checks over my wounds, treating them. I smile sheepishly at Kurapika, who shrugs and smiles exasperated.

Kurapika congratulates me, patting my back, "We were getting worried there though, I'm glad you're safe."

"Honestly! Both you and Gon– you guys are taking years off my life with how reckless you both are!" Leorio yells, slamming both hands gently on my shoulders and shaking me a little.

I am confused, though, "I was reckless?" I ask, tilting my head. At least, I didn't think I was since I was about as strong as Hisoka. At my reaction, both of them shake their heads while Killua laughs.

Leorio shakes me a bit more, "Yes! You were! Hisoka looked close to doing something..." trailing off, he looks at me, "-bad to you." he finishes. I blink and Kurapika, closing his eyes, smacks Leorio upside the head.

When everyone settled, it was time for Killua's match with Pokkle. Killua concedes indifferently, assessing and concluding that Pokkle would be boring to fight.

Hisoka fights Bodoro, and it was a one-sided match in favour of Hisoka. Bodoro, who was at first stubborn, is lying on the floor. He surrenders after Hisoka whispers something to him.

Then... it is 'Gittarackur' against Killua. Before the fight could begin, 'Gittarackur' says, "It's been a while, Kil." and reveals himself as Illumi, his brother.

Killua's eyes widen, shaking. He mutters, aghast, "Brother..."

"Hey." Illumi greets with his dead eyes. Killua is sweating, clearly wary of his brother.

Leorio questions hesitantly, "Killua's brother?"

"He used those needles to change the shape of his face?!" Kurapika whispers in shock. Everyone is silent, looking at the two brothers.

Illumi starts, "I heard that you cut up Mom and Milluki."

"I guess." Killua says in fake bravado.

The older brother continues, "Mom was crying."

"Anyone would cry if their son did that to them." Leorio says seriously.

"–Tears of joy." Illumi finished. Leorio falls over comically in shock. "She was so happy to see that you'd grown up. But she was worried about you leaving home, so she asked me to check up on you. What a coincidence. I didn't know you wanted to be a Hunter. I'm trying to get a license for my next job." he says with no expression.

"I don't really want to be a Hunter. I just felt like taking the Exam." Killua explains, calmer. I put my hands together, silently cheering on Killua.

"I see... That's a relief. Then I have some advice for you. You're not cut out to be a Hunter." Killua flinches, "You were born to be... a killer. You're a puppet of darkness, without passion. You don't want anything or wish for anything. As one who lives in the shadows, you can only feel pleasure when people die. That's how Dad and I raised you. What would you accomplish by becoming a Hunter?"

Eyes shaking, Killua replies, "True, I don't desire to become a Hunter. But... I do have something I want..."

"You don't." Illumi counters.

Killua shouts, clenching his fists, "I do! There's something I really want!"

"Tell me what it is that you want." Illumi states, Killua looks down, sweating, "What's wrong? There's nothing you really want, is there?"

"That's not it!" Killua yells, "I want to become friends with Gon and Lia... I'm sick of killing people... I want to become friends with Gon and Lia, to live a normal life..." Killua admits with an anguished expression. I tear up a little.

Illumi instantly rejects the notion, "That's impossible." Killua grits his teeth, "You'll never be able to make friends. Your only concern when you meet someone is whether you should kill them. That's how you were trained." Killua's eyes are shaking as he looks at his brother, "You just don't know how to classify Gon and Lia because they're too dazzling for your eyes. You don't actually want to become friends with them." Illumi taunts with twisted certainty.

"You're wrong..." The silver-haired boy whispered.

The older brother continues his manipulation, "If you stay with him, you'll end up wanting to kill him one day. You'll get the urge to see if you can kill him or not. Because you have the soul of a killer. As we mentioned before..."

"Killua! I don't give a damn if he's your brother-" Suddenly, Leorio interrupts.

I cut in, raising my voice, "-Don't listen to him! You want to become friends with Gon and me? Are you serious? I already am friends with you, you idiot!" Seeing Killua flinch, I put my hand to my chest, "I'm sure that's also how Gon feels too!"

"Really?" Illumi questions indifferently.

"Yes, you idiot!" Leorio supports me, pointing at him.

Illumi starts talking to himself, "Really... That's no good. She considers Kil a friend." coming to a conclusion, he threatens, "Okay, I'll kill both her and Gon." Illumi takes out his needles, I stand on guard, "A killer doesn't need any friends. They'll only slow you down. She's here, but where is Gon?" he demands, walking towards the door.

A referee tries to stop him but is almost killed. I stopped his attack, and seeing the precarious situation that is prevented by me, he stutters out the location.

Illumi turns to the door and sees the four of us block it, starting to ponder his selfish problems aloud for everyone to hear.

"Bastard..." Leorio mutters.

The elder brother questions Netero, "If I wait until after passing the exam, I can kill everyone here and still keep my license, right?" I narrow my eyes at him.

"Yes, according to the rules." Netero confirms.

"Did you hear that, Kil?" Illumi says, pleased, "You have to beat me if you want to save Gon. Lia is injured so I easily take her out too." taking steps towards Killua, he manipulates, using Ren and taunts him, reaching out his hand towards Killua's head. Illumi raises his voice threateningly as Killua tries to take a step back, "Don't move! If you move an inch, I'll assume that the fight has begun. And if our bodies make contact, that will also mean the fight has begun. There's only one way to stop me. You know what that is. But don't forget... If you don't fight me, your dear Gon and Lia will die."

Leorio yells across the room, "Take him out, Killua! We won't let him kill you, Gon or Lia! We'll stop him, whatever it takes! Let him have it!" His encouragement is futile. The years of manipulation on Killua is too deep, and he surrenders. Illumi is nonchalantly content at this, and laughing while patting Killua, throws out the words that he was lying about killing Gon– that it was just a test. I sensed that his words were not a lie, though, Illumi is just twisting this situation his own way.

Killua is left with lifeless eyes. Leorio and Kurapika tried to help to no avail, it was the same with me. The Nen used on him was too ingrained for my words to have an effect. Knowing what is going to come up, I pretend to take a drink from my water bottle which had a full recovery potion in. Leorio and Bodoro are up next. Before it could start, Killua gets behind Bodoro, ready to strike.

I was one step ahead though, and instead, I took the hit, facing Killua. I look down at his shaking, guilty eyes. He rips his arm out of my body in a panic. I smiled gently, blood dripping from my mouth, "It's okay. I won't die so easily. Your brother is lying." I raise my hand and pet him like usual. Leaning in closer, I hug him tightly and whisper, "I'll come after you with Gon, so... take your time. I'll be okay, you haven't killed me. I'm sorry for my selfish actions."

Letting go of Killua, I watch as he silently walks out of the room. People rush up to me, and the Hunter Exam ends with Killua's default forfeit.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

213K 6.2K 31
*** A Fanfic about Illumi Zoldyck of Hunter x Hunter. GENRE: FAN FICTION STATUS: COMPLETED DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN ANYTHING EXCEPT THE PLOT! FOR AGES...
36.7K 1.6K 40
Just a book about Hunter x Hunter characters using Twitter. Crossovers included in this book. (Like 2-3??) I use Killua a lot in this book, by the wa...
301 24 10
หšโ‚Šโ€ง๊’ฐแƒ โ™ฑ เป’๊’ฑ โ€งโ‚Šหš "Something is stirring deep underground... you need to get out of here." Words from a mysterious voice spoke. Although Yocelin has tho...
22.2K 963 35
Torture, assassination, and contracts were what you grew up to. You were sold to the Zoldycks and trained to be a killing machine. Your sole purpose;...